test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pathing bots in PvP

2»

Comments

• tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing i noticed about the bots too, they all seem to run with clerics (obviously not in pvp, but you get the picture.)
  • supernaut72supernaut72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah that would be unfair to those who earned it legitimately. I bought my friend a set when he turned 60, and now he is going to buy me a set for my alt who is soon to be 60.

And that's ultimately the problem with some of of the counter-measures for these situations. A lot of the times you end up punishing people are playing the game as intended, not just the *** hats.
  • uberoverpoweruberoverpower Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not like it's a huge market anyway... you can farm a full PVP set in 1 day and there's not much to buy...

I can't even use the Glory I build since there's nothing left to buy.
  • khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, just ended a game that (after the bots were kicked) turned into a 3v2. Talking with the other real players (not bots) it's quickly ruining the part of the game that we enjoy the most. Amazing how quickly they moved on the AH exploit yet still seeing the same bots in pvp day after day.
    A lot of people think the AH exploit was occuring since closed beta. That would make their response kind of slow. There seems to be way to much AD on the market for this to be false too.
  • khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    ixiondlf wrote: »
    I made a thread where i list all the accounts i see botting. so the teamleaders can kick them straight away.
    In 60 PvP they hardly ever bot, it's their aim to get to lvl 60 with botting and farming the points for gear.
    has exploded the last two days. and u can't blame devs. they have more than enough work at their hands, and the GMs have more than enough tickets to work through.
    Kick them and the accounts to the thread.
    You know what, I do blame them. When we get an official acknowledgement of the issue and an eta on a fix ill be happy. They opened a cash shop, they should be on top of this.
    edited May 2013
    ixiondlf wrote: »
    I bet it's gonna come. don't forget, this is open BETA ;)
    It is not beta. There is a cash shop and a promise of no wipes. That is no what a beta is.
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is why I like being party leader.

If I see players who I suspect are bots (running straight for Point 2 after every death, not mounting up, etc.), I ask them repeatedly to respond during the match. If they do not, then I kick them when one team is about to win. I do the same with AFK glory farmers. If they want to waste my time, I will waste just as much of theirs.

Alternately, I let them finish the match, but then I leave them in my party after everyone else has left. You'd be surprised how many bots/AFKers don't automatically leave your group after the match is over. I have kept bots in my party for hours on end to keep them from re-entering the queue again. As long as you are soloing out in the open world (ie., not entering any areas where you need to "gather your party") there's no down side to keeping a bot/AFK player in your party while you are off questing.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Nuuuu then how am i suppose to give away sets? =(

Gimme! ...though I have to admit it will be a long time before I reach 60 and be able to afford the Battlefield Scavenger set. :P :P :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking from a leveling point of view rather than endgame point of view there is an easy way to have fun in pvp.

Talk in frigging party chat before the match starts there is plenty of time to do so. When you see XDvmknytl in your party and he wont reply in chat boot him. IF for some reason you can't, like the bot has the crown you leave and requeue.

All this talk about nerfing the glory reward for the losing team is malarkey, I wouldn't mind if they increased the reward for the winning team though. I won't mention what I think about the leavers penalty as it should be obvious from this post.

I would further add many of these ideas being put forth are simply subtle attempts to ensure only people with a certain degree of skill in pvp will continue to participate and would discourage people that are new to pvp or not as skillfull.

I would agree that maybe some kind of skill ranking though with some kind of queue available to those of certain rankings would be a good idea.

There plenty of ways to deal with bots, it's not like it is a new problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe they need to block autohotkey as most of the bot scripts are ran through that i wont post a link to the stuff but easy enough to find with google
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theres also some people getting around that tell the leader to kick someone just after the pvp has started saying they are a bot just so their other team mates can have an easy win
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • moonfangsmoonfangs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    They need to just remove all the rewards for a lost match in PvP. It's not pretty, but it will get the job done. Remove profits for losses = removing the players that are only there to intentionally lose for profit.
    I play PvP for fun. The rewards are a bonus. With or without the rewards, playing with bots is NOT fun.

First i do not support bots in anyway. However i dont believe this would be a good solution. As long as there are rewards limiting them to the winning side will just mvoe matches towards pre-mades. Playing with bots is no fun as you say but getting hammered by premades isnt either.