test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NeverWinter not popular game anymore

imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Nevewinter is rank 3 in mmorpg website and going down everyday i think that becus a lot of exploits hacks in game now and many players already quit only who have a lot of AD and gold still playing whats the point you play legal and pay money to this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> company and others exploits and become more riches than you and stronger i'm glad i didn't pay any money in this game

unnamedqqscreenshot2013g.png

unnamedqqscreenshot2013.png
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by imm0rtalboy on

Comments

• Options
    namarusnamarus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Level a guardian fighter
    2. Patch update breaks your most valuable ability (Guard).
    3. Try to research some information about when the ability will be working as it should.
    4. Find out that the developers wont be fixing it cause its supposedly working has intended. WHAAA... My character display his shield up, i can use aggravating strike(a guard only ability) , my guard meter is full but im still taking damage from the front ...
    5. Post this and rage quit.
  • Options
    nationalcity1nationalcity1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Not even sure why I'm bothering to comment but here goes......

I mean really the game is not popular anymore because MMORPG.com has it ranked 3rd :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game will need around 3 months minimum, probably nearer 6 to properly judge the popularity. The standard pattern is highest numbers at launch then dropping off as game hoppers flit to something else. After this period it settles down to a core number which may fluctuate slightly as new classes/updates are introduced, or other games are launched.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Well for one thing it had an upsurge in popularity when it "released", as a lot of people, including myself, didn't even know much about this game. Guild Wars 2 on the other hand had some of the craziest hype leading up to its release and the fact the F2P (although B2P to get the game but after that you can get by easily with not spending a dime) system is pretty fair helps keep a large number of people casually playing.
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game will be dead in a few months least they got that $199.99 from people with more money than sense.
  • Options
    xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Considering that there are thousands of MMO in this world... Top 5 or top 10 is still kinda good...
  • Options
    immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Ranked 3rd out of hundreds is unpopular" an idea from the same brilliant minds that brought us "If a game gets less than 8/10 in reviews it's horrible!"
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering that rank 1 is Wildstar and that game doesn't even have an Open Beta... I mean, how can you say it's the best game around if hardly there is anyone trying it?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Did you notice your graphics represent ratings for two different types of time frames?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    nynjasquirrelnynjasquirrel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nevewinter is rank 3 in mmorpg website and going down everyday i think that becus a lot of exploits hacks in game now and many players already quit only who have a lot of AD and gold still playing whats the point you play legal and pay money to this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> company and others exploits and become more riches than you and stronger i'm glad i didn't pay any money in this game

My only comment is - 'please, for the love of baby jeebus, add some punctuation!'
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So guildwars 2 is in front of WoW? Oh yea WoW uses MMO champion etc, how one site can tell you anything. But guess it can be seen as small trend indicator so im not totally out playing its value.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well that's irrefutable proof!

I mean games live or die by the MMORPG.com ranking system, the dev should just all go home now!!

/endsarcasm

The saddest most loathsome creature on the planet is the pond scum that hang around forums hoping and praying a game or development house they have an issue with fails or closes.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well that's irrefutable proof!

I mean games live or die by the MMORPG.com ranking system, the dev should just all go home now!!

/endsarcasm

The saddest most loathsome creature on the planet is the pond scum that hang around forums hoping and praying a game or development house they have an issue with fails or closes.

It can't be helped... there are naysayers and doomsayers in every MMOGs I've played.. sigh.... saddest most loathsome creature indeed... but I pity them.. i really do... honest...
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So for today and today only, Neverwinter is 3rd viewed page on one website and you've determined it isn't popular anymore?

Really?
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Game will be dead in a few months least they got that $199.99 from people with more money than sense.

More if you for some reason need to have "all the best mounts" as a personality replacement :)

xE3jqIB.jpg
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More popular than I thought it would be honestly.

Looking at that list the first thing that comes to my mind has nothing to do with this game. I'm wondering if ESO will take the hint and be F2P.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a testament to how fun this game is that it's popular at all given the problems. And once they are ironed out, the server populations will explode.

At least one would hope.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Ranking in a top 10 listing isn't everything, but I will say that if they don't up their game in regards to customer service then none of the other changes they need to make (speedier bug/exploit fixes, class balance, etc) will matter.

The survival of an F2P game is not based on a cash shop alone, it's also based on a company's reputation. P2P games give good service because they have to (you're paying for that right), F2P games should because not doing so negatively affects the developers reputation.

Cryptic have been giving very subpar service thus far, particularly in how bug reports and false bans have been sorted. It's not so much the response time as it is a lack of communication at all. If they want a successful game this can't keep going on. You can look to their other games as "proof" of success (despite lack of service) but that would be a very naive thing to do: Adding one thing to a list of things players hate doesn't help you regardless of previous success.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    It's a testament to how fun this game is that it's popular at all given the problems. And once they are ironed out, the server populations will explode.

At least one would hope.

Do hope so too lol
  • Options
    eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And the same site results for the last month:

MMORPG_zpsb4f3e7ae.png

And #2 in the 6 month results. Pretty dang good considering it hasn't been out for 6 months:

MMORPG2_zps453afadb.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You compared a Week to a daily score and cried wolf???
    Don't do numbers much?
    1,466 votes separate #2 from #3 if totaled. show us the results of week 1 and week 2, then you will be comparing apples only.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh look one of the people who has been saying the game is dead is ... saying the game is dead. So?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All games has it audience,
    I have a great time in this game, will so in the future.
    Have nothing to complain about in this beta,
    actually it's one of the best beta I've encountered so far.
    And I've been on many and as former game dev myself, cudos to cryptic thus far !
    Trolls will be trolls...
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nevermind the fact that the game needs a steady income to survive, but does it really need a huge population? I mean, everything is pretty small and instanced anyway. The only thing that really bugs me are the queue times, and that's more my fault for choosing to be an awesome, awesome rogue.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Even if those lists didn't actually "prove" Neverwinter's popularity, those "hits" numbers are really low in the larger picture.

In addition, they are based on only the people who visit that site, not any objectively chosen group of MMO players. Take me, for example. I've been playing graphical MMOs since the early to mid 1990s, I play or try pretty much every new MMO that comes around and I spend money on subs and virtual items, which makes me a worthwhile customer. However, I have never used that site for anything and it's not a place where I hear, learn or talk about MMOs.

At most, those lists, even if they could not be manipulated, only really say which games are seen as popular by the people who visit that site. And considering they include games that are not even released yet, how meaningful are they really? As a marketing tool, they are useful. As a source for finding worthwhile games that you can play now, not so much.

Upcoming games that people fantasize about are always getting more attention than games that are playable right now. Every new MMO that is not a complete failure will at some point make top-3 on such lists.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thats just website hits you macaroon head.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please.

Wait till ESO has a release date.
    THEN check the popularity of this game.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Their biggest problem is they want to fix the little issues instead of the major ones, they are ****ing themselves over
  • Options
    matefoxxmatefoxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one can take any list seriously that has both The Secret World and Star Wars the Old Republic on it.

In all seriousness though, those lists are just what is trending on that particular site. A lot of factors affect that.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    Please.

Wait till ESO has a release date.
    THEN check the popularity of this game.

TES fanbois are already screaming doom about that cause its online :P