test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3rd Silence for WTS in Zone

Comments

• bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    use trade chat you ****er.

I cant read anything in zone chat because all you *****es spamming your junk for sale.

TLDR ; use the AH or trade channel.
    Trading items in Zone is spam.

Use the custom "trade" channel, and add it to your chat.
    Most people do not read forums and don't know that the Custom Trade channel exists.Not to mention that on Dragon there are atleast 5 custom trade channels people have advertised.There are barely more than 20 people there in total.
    If I want to sell something I go where most customers are,where most sellers are,where Tier 2 premade groups happen.That place is called Zone Chat.

It is people like you who ban/report people like me if we advertise politely[like most of the channel] long enough /10+ minutes or less depending how many haters are online/.

Your argument is flawed and here is why :

Its the same like me saying that the Zone Chat is intended for selling and that if you want to talk about newbie questions/politics/whatever and so on should go ahead and create a custom ChitChat channel and leave my Zone alone.

I am sure that there are people that sell/buy/LFG who report people that like to chitchat in the Zone too.I dislike that and it is the same as them reporting people that use the zone for another purpose.

So you see we would all benefit if PWE creates official channels and revises the BAN method/duration.
    This is not something the community can fix,because people abuse power and only care for themselves and their own interest as demonstrated by your post.
  • skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1-2 minutes is not enough space between posts in my opinion. I don't report because I made my own chat box to show guild, whispers, party, and say but when I flip my default channel on it is to recruit I live by the rule I never recruit in the same zone more than once an 1 hour sometimes 45 minutes because I know that ppl doing that get annoying so I space it out maybe you should space your sale to like 5-10minutes it would prevent you from getting chat banned or I would hope so 5-10minutes is less annoying then every 30secs to a minute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Then make it more popular. The bottom line is that if you use zone chat for trade, you will likely be chat banned. This isn't changing, so find other ways.

I'm sure if he tried to promote it's use in zone chat he'd have the same spamming problem. The game needs an official trade and LFG channel.
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And another "I got chat banned" thread. yay...my life is complete.

I'm beginning to think the chat bans should carry over to the forums.
    L'sya Raiya
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lsya wrote: »
    And another "I got chat banned" thread. yay...my life is complete.

I'm beginning to think the chat bans should carry over to the forums.

I'm beginning to like them. When I see things like:
    ******s exploiting report system in LFG just to troll ppl WTS WTT or WTB or LFG so these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> needs to go <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> O F F and die <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ZONE CHAT ITS A ZONE CHAT so if you are on main HUB (mean main tower) you should expect all kind of chat: "questions rages wtt wts wtb lfg" if you dont like GTFO and TURN THAT STUPID ZONE CHAT OFF <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I can now ask my guild report someone who is selling the same item that I am just to have no competition on price.

That shows how this is a pathetic and broken system.

@c0mixfan

Ow nice going report your foundrys and give no rating just because you are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and i don't like you

I know the system is working just fine.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fangowned wrote: »
    Then feel free to create a butthurt chat or whatever you want to call it,and go post there your rp <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>,**** questions or whatever it is that you hope to see in zone chat.99% of zone chat content is wts and lfg which means the majority of people want to use it for the above reasons.Ofc butthurt people like you are just exploiting this broken reporting system

This system is not broken. Only the people who use it for trade seem not to understand the message of the quiet majority. No advertising trade mails in the zone chat.

And even after three times you don't get it?

Traders are hard, I give them that.

Use the logical custom channel named "trade".

And think about it. These are ALL the time other people, that ignored you. Because you are on the ignore list, And you will STAY there forever.

So instead of annoying more and more people, go to the trade channel, and post your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> there.
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    I'm beginning to like them. When I see things like:

I know the system is working just fine.

You make a good point. :)
    L'sya Raiya
  • fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do use that. Unfortunately. Only around 200 people use that. Out of the THOUSANDS that play NWO.... Not a viable marketing strategy.

What's more viable. Using that channel or saying nothing for 24 hours?
    edited May 2013
    What's more viable. Using that channel or saying nothing for 24 hours?

i guess its more viable to play other games , then PWE will make less money ,less money = less content , less fixes,less paragon paths,more exploits.
    Stop being ignorant and try to understand how this concerns you.Just because you are not affected by this gamebreaking mechanic does not mean that others are not.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are abusing this system and it won't change. Unfortunately if you try to use zone chat for anything other than trolling you will get silenced.

You will have to adapt and maybe stay away from zone chat like most of us do as this system is far more beneficial to the trolls and epeeners than to those trying to use the zone chat for what it was meant for.

At least that's my opinion I am sure "others" will disagree.

Cryptic seriously needs to add 2 new tabs, a trade one and a LFM one. A custom channel wont work as most people wont use it unless it's right there in their face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    People are abusing this system and it won't change. Unfortunately if you try to use zone chat for anything other than trolling you will get silenced.

I see, so everyone I see who *hasn't* been silenced is a troll.

Yeah. Makes sense to me.

/sarcasm
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is the problem. No one can come to a consensus on exactly what zone chat should be used for. And until that happens, no one is going to agree on what should be allowed or restricted.

So, a decision needs to be made before this debate can be continued.

I propose a knock-down no-holds-barred rock-paper-scissors cage match. Winner takes all, and gets to decide all future zone rules.

Ok, so who wants to go first? :D
    edited May 2013
    I see, so everyone I see who *hasn't* been silenced is a troll.

Yeah. Makes sense to me.

/sarcasm

Ofc not everyone but many that do try to use it on regular basis will run into this problem as everyone in zone chat thinks they are Inspector Knowitall and love to use this feature as they ALL know what is best.

Cryptic has no clearly defined definition of what report spam was meant for.

You keep on believing the "mob" which can't agree on much of much is mature and intelligent enough to "police" themselves.

You make so much more sense.

/sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    You keep on believing the "mob" which can't agree on much of much is mature and intelligent enough to "police themselves.

You make so much more sense.

/sarcasm

You think that's sarcasm, but as I pointed out upthread, people who have come to the forums to complain about being silenced have overwhelmingly proved by their posts that they are the kind of people that should be silenced.

So call it mob rule if you want, but it appears to be working just fine.
    edited May 2013
    You think that's sarcasm, but as I pointed out upthread, people who have come to the forums to complain about being silenced have overwhelmingly proved by their posts that they are the kind of people that should be silenced.

So call it mob rule if you want, but it appears to be working just fine.

I can agree with you many that come rant in the forums about it likely deserve it or should at the very least wait till they cool down before posting.

That doesn't make mob rule okay though. When there's an issue just because some rant about it doesn't invalidate the problems for those like me that just don't use zone because of this issue and don't come rant on the forums about it.

It's the same for the junk grouping system we have, just because we use it and many can't be bothered to come post about it doesn't mean it doesn't need improvement.

You will learn in life that appearances can be deceiving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    i guess its more viable to play other games , then PWE will make less money ,less money = less content , less fixes,less paragon paths,more exploits.
    Stop being ignorant and try to understand how this concerns you.Just because you are not affected by this gamebreaking mechanic does not mean that others are not.

You can get mad at me if you like but I'm making a legit point. If something happened to me 3 out of 5 times I think I'd pick up on the pattern and do something about it. Not get butthurt at someone pointing out the flaw in your reasoning. The system is the way it is. I don't agree that a zone silence should affect all chat but it does. Until that's changed I'd change what I'm doing to stop it from happening to me.
  • c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Oh the irony :)

There's a group finder in the social panel, so using zone chat for LFG is just as bad as using zone chat for trading.

GG.

No sir, because a) I don't do LFG messages that often, b) I don't spam my LFG messages when I do post them, and c) I only ever post LFG messages if zone chat is relatively quiet.

I will not contribute to the cacophony if zone chat is overtaxed.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • newcomerbazinganewcomerbazinga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are abusing the spam report system :( Got the same problem. Was silenced for the whole weekend - all i did was looking for people via zone chat 1 post in 40 sec or so. In 2 min was silenced. Weekend of no game at all. Hope they will fix this issue or at least ban those who abuse the spam report system. 3 days ban would be a lesson :)

And don't start telling me to use the queue. We all now how it works + for some epic T2 dungeons such as castle u need a different team set up.

As about WTS stuff, partially people right about using AH but at the same time some people sell for gold so it is either risk of been silenced (doesn't matter how often u post the message) or join a player-created trade chat.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand this whole thing:rolleyes:. Why people think it is OK to report people for "spam" for legitimate game activities, eg. selling and LFGs is beyond me. Those activities are part of the game, and contribute to it. If you are annoyed by someone repeating the same message, simply "ignore" them. If the game chat bans people due to ignores, then it is definitely broken. People who report people for spam when they are engaged in legitimate game activities should be penalized themselves for fraudulently reporting someone for spam.

Spamming is:

1. Repeating the same message over and over again in a very short period of time, less than 1 min intervals for instance.

2. Posting nonsense, music lyrics, phrases that are irrelevant in chat.

3. Posting links to outside websites that sell gold and AD, or anything else.

Spamming is not:

A. WTS (unless it falls under 1)

B. LFG (unless it falls under 1)
  • centrificcentrific Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my perspective the main issue is not people trying to sell/buy on zone, or even people reporting for spam, these are simply symptoms of the real issue - a major lack of chat channels. If the proper channels had been setup for Trade, guild recruitment, LFG, etc then the spam reporting would be much smaller.

The fact is that proper social functionality does not exist in the game yet and it is causing headaches for everyone. Unfortunately given the amount of work already on Cryptic's plate I can't see this getting fixed any time soon, despite the fact that the extra channels are considered a standard thing in MMOs.

But please, stop abusing each other and realise where the true issue lies.
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stop spamming bro
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
    edited May 2013
    you gonna report me ? ;)
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Today makes the third time, in 5 days I have been silenced for WTS ads in Zone. Not spamming. 1 publish every minute or two. Which in zone is a minuscule amount. Other people spam FAR more. And yet everytime without fail. I get spam blocked. Got blocked for 2 messages today. Offering up an Epic from a Nightmare Box. 2nd message, 1 minute later and I get spam blocked. This is getting ridiculous. I don't troll. I don't spam chat. I'm a good player who just had a few items to sell. It prevents me from talking to my guildies for our daily runs, they get mad and think I'm ignoring them. Can't reply to sale offers. Talk to my family and IRL friends I play this game with. I understand it's in place to block against gold spammers. But for ****s sake. Your customer service reps could at least review the tickets when they are submitted. Or hire more CSR if you don't have the manpower. ****, I already put my Resume in! This system is overused and abused. You need more GM's. And your GM's need to respond to players. Not like GM's make a good check. Your company cannot be THAT broke that you can't afford to hire a few dozen or so more gm's. Can you?

my eyes they hurt
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    cdnbison wrote: »
    If you're actually waiting a full minute or two, I'd be ok with that.

My rule of thumb: I use a chat window about 2x default, font at 1.15. If someone posts the same message 3 times in that window - I report them. They don't even have time to get a response before dumping 2 more messages. Have a bit of patience, people!

Sounds about right :D I I can see it 3 times in the same screen, its spam.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop spamming then, it's annoying.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Imo if you want to WTS/WTB spam a chat channel do it in a level appropriate zone.
    Are you people attached to some umbilical cord that does not allow you to leave Protector's Enclave?

This is the place where new players are attempting to receive legitimate help as they adjust to a new game but cannot do so because max level players have this goofy attachment to Protector's Enclave.

I log in and out in Protector's Enclave and spend the rest of my time in a level-appropriate zone and only return there when Sergeant Knox summons me or when it is time for my Hero to rest for the night.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
    edited May 2013
    bori4 wrote: »
    Sounds about right :D I I can see it 3 times in the same screen, its spam.

That's what I go by as well.
    L'sya Raiya
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I propose a knock-down no-holds-barred rock-paper-scissors cage match. Winner takes all, and gets to decide all future zone rules.

Ok, so who wants to go first? :D

I'm not interested. I go into the game now, and make my Protectors Zone chat a quiet place, without repeating trade spam messages. See you.

Or not.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uhmm already stated my opinion on this before in some of the other threads... but this one has something that makes me wonder...

in this game you can only use gold to buy pots, so gold traders are extremely suspicious, as there is no use for gold other than buying pots, i wonder what they do with the gold :/