test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pathing bots in PvP

placeholder01placeholder01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So, I've been reporting them as I see them and yet I continue to see the same "players" in pvp farming glory using pathing bots. They run the same path, some of the new ones actually attack but it's obvious nobody is behind the keyboard there. It's bad enough that the game doesn't replace players once the game has started that get kicked/don't join due to the bug, but to find yourself on a team with 4 bots...

Is this issue on your radar?
Post edited by placeholder01 on

Comments

• eendddeenddd Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep saw them aswell tonight. Moving towards players then autoattacking and using daillies on cooldowns.
  • placeholder01placeholder01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, just ended a game that (after the bots were kicked) turned into a 3v2. Talking with the other real players (not bots) it's quickly ruining the part of the game that we enjoy the most. Amazing how quickly they moved on the AH exploit yet still seeing the same bots in pvp day after day.
  • avolokdenavolokden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have seen "botting" in other games, but nothing like this. This truly needs addressed. I'm not level 60 yet so I can't speak on the
    experience there, one can only hope it isn't like the lower brackets. In the past 20 matches I have not been in 1 without a bot :(
  • khazaadkhazaad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Makes you wonder how much your life must suck to develop a bot for a mediocre game. They're probably all sorts of proud of themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, just ended a game that (after the bots were kicked) turned into a 3v2. Talking with the other real players (not bots) it's quickly ruining the part of the game that we enjoy the most. Amazing how quickly they moved on the AH exploit yet still seeing the same bots in pvp day after day.

Pretty much, one of my favorite parts of any MMO has turned into a waste of time 4 out of 5 times. Then the occasional 15 glory reward for winning a real match.
  • bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    ive just seem my first 2, guys with names like ZXCD and stuff. they path to mid, sit there till something gets in range. seems if they dont do something about it now. like easy as have a few testers run pvp, and insta ban these accounts before it turns into WOW with bots everywhere
    edited May 2013
    yeah playing with bots is not fun at all is CW gonna make a statement about this issue?>
    edited May 2013
    playing in the 50-59 bracket its really easy to spot a 50+ running to mid with lvl10 gear on, with no mount the entire game going 0-15 gg
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    They need to just remove all the rewards for a lost match in PvP. It's not pretty, but it will get the job done. Remove profits for losses = removing the players that are only there to intentionally lose for profit.
    I play PvP for fun. The rewards are a bonus. With or without the rewards, playing with bots is NOT fun.
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    They need to just remove all the rewards for a lost match in PvP. It's not pretty, but it will get the job done. Remove profits for losses = removing the players that are only there to intentionally lose for profit.
    I play PvP for fun. The rewards are a bonus. With or without the rewards, playing with bots is NOT fun.

agreed, every game tonight has had a bot on the team
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What if they replaced a reward with a randomly placed Chest in zone? Something that requires player interaction to receive. Just trying to find another idea other than removing rewards for losing. I think that would cause more problems. Like people quitting when they see their team is going to lose.
  • darksuportdarksuport Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im a big fan of pvp but last 10 matches has been 80% bots so much so you can se groups of 4 bots 2 on each side actually fighting each outher.this is Game braking for me fix this asap or lose all your pvp players.......
    edited May 2013
    you know the botting problem is bad when 2 enemy bots are topping the scoreboard. gg
  • sythe777sythe777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was recently in a pvp match against a bot, was hilarious, just 1 shot them and walk away because they have gear for 20s at lvl 40 pvp
    edited May 2013
    so bumb for justice, requesting ban hammer on dem bots
    edited May 2013
    skeletun wrote: »
    What if they replaced a reward with a randomly placed Chest in zone? Something that requires player interaction to receive. Just trying to find another idea other than removing rewards for losing. I think that would cause more problems. Like people quitting when they see their team is going to lose.

The AH just got taken down because pathing bots were retrieving items from respawning chests at an incredible rate.

I only see this 1 solution to the PvP problem - remove the rewards for losses.

There needs to be a leaver penalty in PvP anyways (30 min no join timer).

PvP is unplayable right now. It needs to be fixed. There's literally 10 bots in matches auto pathing towards each other as we speak, then spamming Enclave chat with cheap glory.
  • hankdashankhankdashank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a match yesterday where we had identicle bots on both teams, opposing team player aileen@yowgioso told me a third was also a bot so i verified and kicked all 3 of my bots. The opposing team leader aileen@yowgioso said "Lulz an advantage is an advantage" and refused to kick theirs proceeded to try and camp me at spawn. At least team pathetic and their bots did not skunk me. You are lower than a botter to point out my bots so I can do the right thing, and keep yours for a win where you have less fun and really don't get much more glory than I did.
  • kitsunekisukitsunekisu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bots don't seem to be as common in 60 pvp but there's still a few premade 5man teams of afk bots, and its horrible when your queing up the same time they are. Fully agree with losing team receiving no reward. I'd say more then 75% of my matches players go afk 3-4mins into the match making it boring for the people actually wanting to play. PvP is the most important part of the game to me.

I laugh seeing people selling glory in zone chat. I try to get at least glory capped 2-3 times a day. I room around town or the tavern finding some new players and give them a full set of pvp gear.
  • ixiondlfixiondlf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a thread where i list all the accounts i see botting. so the teamleaders can kick them straight away.
    In 60 PvP they hardly ever bot, it's their aim to get to lvl 60 with botting and farming the points for gear.
    has exploded the last two days. and u can't blame devs. they have more than enough work at their hands, and the GMs have more than enough tickets to work through.
    Kick them and the accounts to the thread.
    edited May 2013
    I laugh seeing people selling glory in zone chat. I try to get at least glory capped 2-3 times a day. I room around town or the tavern finding some new players and give them a full set of pvp gear.

You need to hurry up and find me in a tavern.

Anyways I would never, ever buy glory in protector's enclave simply because I know where it came from: AFKing or botting in PvP.
  • nam19772nam19772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Until they put premades in a separate queue and different gear score brackets for lvl60s, you can't blame people for afk farming.
    edited May 2013
    nam19772 wrote: »
    Until they put premades in a separate queue and different gear score brackets for lvl60s, you can't blame people for afk farming.

I can, actually. I don't care what their reason is, they are ruining my experience.

Remove all rewards for losses, and you will remove the players that are there to intentionally lose.

edit: although I completely agree that level 60 pvp needs gear brackets badly, that doesnt give anyone the right to ruin the experience for the rest of the team. and all PvP needs a leaver penalty.
  • ixiondlfixiondlf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nam19772 wrote: »
    erm yes u can. u wanna play a game, do it yourself. otherwise ur only destroying the fun in a game for other players. and these people are, to me, nothing than egoistic, ignorant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • kitsunekisukitsunekisu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need to hurry up and find me in a tavern.

Anyways I would never, ever buy glory in protector's enclave simply because I know where it came from: AFKing or botting in PvP.

Dragon server moonstone mask normally late night XD,. today is rogue giveaway.

Also i really really wish they implement a premade que or some type of ranked que. As it is right now the serious premades are having to pm around sees whose on, then both teams try to que snipe to get into same match so we can vs each other. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but as it is now ,if i'm with my group, the only way we have fun is trying to win vs the pug by preventing them from getting a single point. Recently i've ran with a 4man premade and paid the 5th pug guy to just afk, but it made little difference. The difference in gear and skill makes pug groups boring. Cryptic adding some type of ranked games or premade 5v5 would keep me around for a long time. <='.'=>
    edited May 2013
    ...Also i really really wish they implement a premade que or some type of ranked que. As it is right now the serious premades are having to pm around sees whose on, then both teams try to que snipe to get into same match so we can vs each other...

I bet it's gonna come. don't forget, this is open BETA ;)
  • supernaut72supernaut72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...and all PvP needs a leaver penalty.

With the current state of PVP, no way. I leave matches all the time because of the absurdity that exists now. Whether it's bots, or bugged players, or people DCing making it a 2v5 game or something like that...I just leave. I want to PVP, not sit and gain glory for doing nothing because the other team is afk or whatever.

When they fix PVP so it functions properly, then by all means put in a leave penalty. I would support that 100 percent. However, right now it would punish the real PVPers. The people that join matches so they can fight an actual 5v5 game with actual humans.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to offer a dissenting opinion here. While it's been a few days since i've pvped (been playing my romulan in STO the last few days), i behave a lot like the bots you mention. I mount up, go to mid, and defend it. Sometimes i'll try to cap a side node sneakily, but a lot of the time i'll just keep going right to mid. I also usually turn off zone and other chat in pvp because it's usually a bunch of hateful noise. Granted, i have decent gear, so that's different, but would i be reported for botting? I have been reported for Afk in WoW when i didn't do what a guy wanted me to do in warsong gulch. Everyone was fighting mid, i went for the flag, couldn't get in combat in time to remove the debuf, since i was running to the flag room. Kicked from game.

I was curious, and it seems there are couple bots that just came out for neverwinter a couple days ago. Not going to link it, but the video seemed to like running against walls and not picking up all loot, if that says anything about how to spot them. If you bot, i say ban, and if too many people in a guild get banned for it, delete the guild and its bank. Maybe that would deter people, I don't know.
    edited May 2013
    haven't seen a single bot who mounts o.O
    it's really easy to spot them. and most of them have really weird accountnames that make it really obvious.
    but aside from that, simply running into mid to defend is the absolute nonsense strategy in domination ...
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All you need to do is make Glory and Glory purchased items Account-Bound.
    These are obviously gold sellers that found a market with Glory.

I have seen several /zone chat spams and in-game spammer emails that are offering Glory.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    All you need to do is make Glory and Glory purchased items Account-Bound.
    These are obviously gold sellers that found a market with Glory.

I have seen several /zone chat spams and in-game spammer emails that are offering Glory.

Nuuuu then how am i suppose to give away sets? =(