test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ironwill's GWF PvE DPS Instigator Guide

Comments

• tcorneliu01tcorneliu01 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, there 2 types have seen so far:
    Berseker set - 60 "epic" blue ( not normal blue) and it gives: 133 crt + 133 arm pen + another stat which is +110. It can be :
    1) respite - 110 rec
    2) lethal - 110 crt
    3) piercing - 110 arm pen
    4) smiting - 110 power

Occult set - it gives 133 crt + 133 recovery (this we should be aiming i think).
    Nefarious set - it gives 133 power + 133 crt (last option imo).
    Blessed set - it gives 133 power + 133 recovery (again it has power).

there are also some unique pieces like Glorious mantle of blabla tower or smth and others alike.
    Imo best choices are Berseker and Occult because they dont have power giving more flexibility but it depends mainly on what your t1 / t2 set provides for starters.

An end game Occult ring of respite can give 428 recovery (with R7 silvery).
  • ironwill92ironwill92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Yes, there 2 types have seen so far:
    Berseker set - 60 "epic" blue ( not normal blue) and it gives: 133 crt + 133 arm pen + another stat which is +110. It can be :
    1) respite - 110 rec
    2) lethal - 110 crt
    3) piercing - 110 arm pen
    4) smiting - 110 power

Occult set - it gives 133 crt + 133 recovery (this we should be aiming i think).
    Nefarious set - it gives 133 power + 133 crt (last option imo).
    Blessed set - it gives 133 power + 133 recovery (again it has power).

there are also some unique pieces like Glorious mantle of blabla tower or smth and others alike.
    Imo best choices are Berseker and Occult because they dont have power giving more flexibility but it depends mainly on what your t1 / t2 set provides for starters.

An end game Occult ring of respite can give 428 recovery (with R7 silvery).

Big thanks :)
  • ironwill92ironwill92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Updated and fixed :)
  • maikyforrestermaikyforrester Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cant delete sorry.
    edited June 2013
    Hi Ironwill92. good job with the guide.
    Firt i have to say english is not my 1
    edited June 2013
    Firt i have to say english is not my 1
    edited June 2013
    Firt i have to say english is not my 1 language, so i,m sorry about the mistakes.

1.- Did this buils works? I mean, ur dps is now a days better than a destroyer build in Dungeons?
    2.- Isn,t better the feat called "Discipline of war" (Destroyer feats)? 25% of ur recovery turned in ArPen isnt good?
    3.- Its possible to have 3000 recovery and 2200 arpen without this feat?
    edited June 2013
    Hi maikyforrester.

1. Yes this build works. But I have to admit I tested Destroyer a lot too, in the last days and have to say it's quite viable, too.
    2. Discipline of War is a good feat but not 100 % necessary
    3. It is definitly possible to hit recovery and arp cap without this feat.

Greetings :)
  • celegnorcelegnor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey iron can you make a destroyer build too ^^

btw nice build gj...
    edited June 2013
    Hey celegnor,

yes I could make a destroyer build, too, actually I used to play destroyer for a while pre patch but not after the patch instigator is the only viable tree, sadly.
    So a destroyer build would make no sense at the moment, sorry.
    Btw I really need to update this guide...
  • lagonylagony Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I certainly would appreciate an update on the guide if there is one. I'm at the point where I'm looking for ideas on which direction to take my GWF after this patch, and where my focus should be on gear and stats. Since I'm leaning towards the Instigator tree, I'd like to see what you been running with since the patch. Even if you send me a PM with just the straight details and no lengthy explanations, I'd be appreciative of that.
  • tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ironwill92 wrote: »
    Btw I really need to update this guide...

I hope you can find the time to get around to it. I'm enjoying life as an Instigator but looking at guides helps me figure out if what I'm doing is right or not. It's always good for another viewpoint at the very least. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with post-patch. :)
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys,

took the time and updated the thread:

Changes:

- Added new picture with new feats
    - Changed Stunning Flourish 5/5 with Group Assault 5/5 cause of the Wicked Strike Buff and cause we don't use Flourish anymore
    - Changed Flourish with Roar as Encounter powers, cause of the Roar Buff
    - Changed as AoE At Will Weapon Masters Strike with Wicked Strike due to WS buff
    - Changed Deep Gash with Great Weapon Focus due to WS Buff
    - Changed the passive Weapon Master with Destroyer, to focus even more on AoE damage
    - Changed a few other minor things

Hope you enjoy, greets :)
  • hellishdivinityhellishdivinity Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hellooooo

How exactly is Instigator's Vengance viable with GWF? Beings that they are offtanks, I find myself taking damage on purpose purely for the determination. You lose the stacks of IV when you are hit. Seems rather moot to me. :)

Maybe to pull aggro off the DC or CW? This is the only way it would seem to be effective in my opinion.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Hellooooo

How exactly is Instigator's Vengance viable with GWF? Beings that they are offtanks, I find myself taking damage on purpose purely for the determination. You lose the stacks of IV when you are hit. Seems rather moot to me. :)

Maybe to pull aggro off the DC or CW? This is the only way it would seem to be effective in my opinion.

When you're not getting hit, it's always up. Best capstone of the 3 I believe. Have a gf that knows what they're doing, and enjoy that power.
  • gluthongluthon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont know it for 100 % but afaik it doesn't make sense to stack ARP over 2222 cause it does only go in negative values through effects like Student of the sword.
    And i dont know either how exactly power works but I think it makes sense the way you described it.

15 constitution gives 5%mitigation to armor, no need 2222.
  • gluthongluthon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stat Priority

3000 Recovery > 2222 ArP > 3000 Crit > Power > Defense

Comments and constructive criticism are very much appreciated.

how much power u fit in bro?
  • dandamisdandamis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gluthon wrote: »
    15 constitution gives 5%mitigation to armor, no need 2222.

What? CON is defensive, ARP is offensive. CON reduces the effects of ARP being used on you. It does not affect your ARP values in any way. How does having a resistance to ARP lower your need for ARP on your attacks?
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dandamis wrote: »
    What? CON is defensive, ARP is offensive. CON reduces the effects of ARP being used on you. It does not affect your ARP values in any way. How does having a resistance to ARP lower your need for ARP on your attacks?

Con adds to your offensive ARP percentage. There is no defensive ARP resistance stat.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?358391-Con-%28GWF%29-and-Dex-%28GF%29-are-now-addative-to-Armor-Penetration
  • vazriel19vazriel19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Curious how this build holds up in PVP. Sounds like its pretty good from my once over, but would be interested to hear thoughts.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It was not a stretch to interpret that CON (being a defensive stat) gave a reduction in the amount of armor a mob would penetrate.

If anything I believe that is what it was supposed to be and some dev screwed it up.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »

It was not a stretch to interpret that CON (being a defensive stat) gave a reduction in the amount of armor a mob would penetrate.

If anything I believe that is what it was supposed to be and some dev screwed it up.

This is what I initially thought too. It seemed logical that high CON should provide a resistance against opponents armour penetration against your character.
  • machiavelli20machiavelli20 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Very nice guide :D but.. you saying its guide for max lvl. Where can i find good guide for leveling GWF? Cuz im reading all these guides and i think there arent fresh names of powers etc.
  • spikefrspikefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a display of this build made on http://nwcalc.com/ to have a fast overview ?
    Thank you.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys, I really like this spec and Im returning to the GWF. Since Im way behind Recovery 3k wearing T1 PvP, what gear should I be trying to acquire?

EDIT: I see a lot of people doing 2 Piece Vigilant Warlord and 2 Piece Avatar of War
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baconknightryderbaconknightryder Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »

That's what I thought too at first but after not being able to find an easy, definitive definition in game what the stat's "Resistance Ignored" meant, and seeing conflicting reports here on the forums, I had to dig through old patch notes to see one say in a bug fix "Constitution now applies correctly towards Armor Penetration" which clearly states it's "Resistance Ignored" bonus is clearly meant to be an offensive stat. I then saw afterwards a dev in a forum post said that a long time ago it was meant to be defensive bonus like a lot of people thought, but they purposely changed it so Constitution would have some offensive benefit for a GWF because they knew if it was just HP and defense, no one would ever pick Constitution on GWF.
  • realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For those of you wondering how this spec matches to Destroyer, I went ahead and respecced to Instigator.
    Both Destroyer and Instigator can do single and AoE dps, it's just that:

Destroyer= better single target
    Instigator= better AoE
    Admiralsig.png
  • timesvolenttimesvolent Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I for the life of me can not see if this is SW or IV Paragon path?...
    EDIT: SORRY.. Lol, being the pvp'er at heart I didn't realize the use of WMS, which necessitates the picking of SW line. Ganna try this and come back to give my exp/res. Thanks to the OP.
  • timesvolenttimesvolent Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xadfrost wrote: »

Not sure that is a valid link. I could not locate the build.