test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guard ability broken?

2»

Comments

• Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    we can't play gf anymore. This class was uselss and broken before that problem, but now...
  • Options
    propingproping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump for obvious reasons
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is turning into one crappy Neverwinter weekend for me, not only is my main character broken as hell now thanks to this bug, but I've also come down with the loading screen bug - which means I can't play unless it's in fugly (AKA safe) mode.
    /bump
    And now off to play something else for a while.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look at it from other side, we have better gateway now, so you can lvl up proffesions.
    Saw new patch->was happy about few things getting fix->read patch notes->cry in dark corner

I hope all feats will be fix in 1 patch(even feats for only 1 class per patch).

So few ppl hack client for unlimited stamina/guard(or at least i read it somewhere) and to fix it you make guard for GF unreliable(its not useless only now i dont know if i block big attack or no)
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joukuoj32 wrote: »
    Look at it from other side, we have better gateway now, so you can lvl up proffesions.
    Saw new patch->was happy about few things getting fix->read patch notes->cry in dark corner

I hope all feats will be fix in 1 patch(even feats for only 1 class per patch).

So few ppl hack client for unlimited stamina/guard(or at least i read it somewhere) and to fix it you make guard for GF unreliable(its not useless only now i dont know if i block big attack or no)

Yeah, not useless - but fairly close to it, even our threat mechanic (Mark) relies on us not taking damage, because the moment we get hit our Mark vanishes, which makes holding aggro even more trying than it was before.
    And as someone else mentioned before, it's hell of the healers too - Guardians don't have any mobility whatsoever, we can't roll out of the huge AoE's everything in the game loves to drop, we stick our shield up and toughen it out - except that our shield is some kind of illusion half of the time now and the big hits go right through it. ;)
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    xelitezxelitez Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They seriously need to fix this and QUICK. This is very much a game-breaking issue for GF in both PvE and PvP and if I'm honest should NEVER have even come to this. Having stuff like bocking on client was just asking for people to exploit and they should have knew that way before they even thought about open beta. Tbf to have this issue at this stage of the game is very disappointing to see.

Cryptic get your head in the game and fix IMPORTANT ISSUES instead of gateway ****, seriously. Fix this latest GF issue, fix the bug that prevents people from being able to join a PvP game and fix the hundreds of bugs in class skills and traits. None of the issues I just listed should have even made it into open beta, seriously I hate to think how bad the game must have been in closed beta.

Also, has anyone else noticed their marks being removed without actually taking any damage? I just did a T1 dungeon and several times my mark was removed from the mob even though I took no damage. I watched it get removed while I was blocking and I took no damage and another time I watched it get remove while the mob was in the air being choked by a CW so how on earth can it do damage to me and remove my mark while it's CC'd? Has anyone noticed this or is it a known bug or just me?
  • Options
    roninasroninas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So happy that I've found this topic. I thought i was loosing my mind, trying to smash the button in to the keyboard. This is bad...
    Bumping.
  • Options
    turftoeturftoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If we could somehow prove a detriment to zen sales then it will get fixed quickly.
  • Options
    terribad249terribad249 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bump /10char
  • Options
    sirus49651sirus49651 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    fark this is getting annoying, first the wearwolfs in vellosk can bite through shields and regain health now shield is broken all together,
    its a shame really, i was loving neverwinter now i don't even want to play it, im drinking way to many potions to top it off, i actually have to run away from a mob to wait for my potion cool down,
  • Options
    propingproping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was tanking Mad Dragon and noticed this too, very annoying to say the least...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    terribad249terribad249 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't seen this acknowledged as an issue by the devs. Hopefully this thread can get it done or this game is wasted space on my HD as I've barely been logging in since they effectively made the class useless.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Haven't seen this acknowledged as an issue by the devs. Hopefully this thread can get it done or this game is wasted space on my HD as I've barely been logging in since they effectively made the class useless.

I'm hoping the silence means that they are internally debating on how to solve this issue before saying anything publically.
    The other possibility is that they've seen it and it's been dismissed as "Working as intended, deal with it Guardians".
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archwarden wrote: »
    What else must they do for you to get the message that they don't want us to tank?
    They don't want us to hold threat, or block incoming attacks.
    What is it that you don't understand?

Neverwinter's combat mechanics are consistent with every other Cryptic game: CC is king followed by pure DPS.

Sure, they make games with trinity classes but it seems clear that de-powering the tank role and empowering the CC & DPS roles is their "solution" to the classic trinity problem; namely, people hate waiting around for tanks to do group content. That sounds fine on paper, except that the way they go about it invariably neuters the tank. Therefore when you do end up with that party composition you find that it's sub-optimal.

In Cryptic games there's nothing you can do with a tank that you can't do better with more CC, and the appearance of the D&D tag on this game does not make it an exception.

I apologize because I know this is a bit of a tangent from a very specific problem people are experiencing. But honestly, the best way to fix all your GF problems is to reroll CW or TR, or perhaps wait and see what Ranger is like. With a little luck they'll come out like the "blasters" in Cryptic's other games which means the class should actually be able to perform its role well.
  • Options
    datdanktankdatdanktank Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrowmatic wrote: »
    Neverwinter's combat mechanics are consistent with every other Cryptic game: CC is king followed by pure DPS.

Sure, they make games with trinity classes but it seems clear that de-powering the tank role and empowering the CC & DPS roles is their "solution" to the classic trinity problem; namely, people hate waiting around for tanks to do group content. That sounds fine on paper, except that the way they go about it invariably neuters the tank. Therefore when you do end up with that party composition you find that it's sub-optimal.

In Cryptic games there's nothing you can do with a tank that you can't do better with more CC, and the appearance of the D&D tag on this game does not make it an exception.

I apologize because I know this is a bit of a tangent from a very specific problem people are experiencing. But honestly, the best way to fix all your GF problems is to reroll CW or TR, or perhaps wait and see what Ranger is like. With a little luck they'll come out like the "blasters" in Cryptic's other games which means the class should actually be able to perform its role well.

Seriously? What is the point of your post? This thread is about a specific guard issue, and you show up here to tell guardians the best way to fix our proplem is to jump in with the sheeple and reroll CW or TR? Go away
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? What is the point of your post? This thread is about a specific guard issue, and you show up here to tell guardians the best way to fix our proplem is to jump in with the sheeple and reroll CW or TR?

The point of my post was to respond to another post in this thread. That's generally why one quotes a post in their own. The substance of my post amounts to an observation which I feel to be correct and of concern to all of us who rolled GF.

Granted, some people react violently to information but I've learned that this cannot be helped.
    Go away

I have a counter proposal: activate your critical thinking unit and allow it to be your guide.
  • Options
    slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013

Groups don't wait around for a tank to do group content. It does make it easier. They wait around for a cleric. In all the group content I have done my main job is to tank the adds. With the broken shield mechanic I can't do that too well any more, or more accurately with any consistency.

Though I don't think of Cryptic as top design company, they have stated many times in other games that their goal was to have content that did not require a particular class configuration for the group. I see the same thing in this game. Each of the classes has self heal alternative powers. The problem is that all the self healing powers just suck. So right now a cleric IS required.
  • Options
    datdanktankdatdanktank Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a counter proposal: activate your critical thinking unit and allow it to be your guide.

lol... touche
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Groups don't wait around for a tank to do group content. It does make it easier. They wait around for a cleric. In all the group content I have done my main job is to tank the adds. With the broken shield mechanic I can't do that too well any more, or more accurately with any consistency.

Though I don't think of Cryptic as top design company, they have stated many times in other games that their goal was to have content that did not require a particular class configuration for the group. I see the same thing in this game. Each of the classes has self heal alternative powers. The problem is that all the self healing powers just suck. So right now a cleric IS required.

I agree with all of that. And I don't have a problem with a game moving away from the trinity. But as you've pointed out, the fact that a healer class is still necessary means that all they've really accomplished is to make a poor tank. If you're trying to do away with the trinity then do it. Don't give me trinity classes that don't work. That's not a correct solution.
  • Options
    mortattimortatti Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This sucks right now. Cant tank groups of adds properly, which makes taunting everyone nearly a death sentence, which rends the GF pretty much disposable in a dungeon. Why would anyone need my GF with faulty block when they get a GWF that does more dps without the faulty block. >.>

Might as well change block to activation/deactivation instead of holding a key. Then at least you can activate before leaping into the group or taunting 50 adds.
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this might explain issues I've been having with other classes as well, especially with abilities not having any effect after they go off, or dodges failing / being hit by an enemy ability outside the "red zone."

It's getting too random to be any fun.
  • Options
    gbutler85gbutler85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah iv been having the same issue no blocking when guard is up also ill use abilitys and it will go on cool down and do no dmg. i gues we are a one ability class, cuz it seems as if cleave is the only thing that works
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1

Sometimes I can't even block the most obvious animations in pvp. I noticed when you press the shield multiple times in a row, it gets worse. I'm often running and stopping in pvp when I see they're going to use an ability. I lost count of the amount of times I died due to the shield going up, and then immediately down, even when I'm holding it.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    tormundatormunda Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1
    I have to stand in guard mode and see how badly I get smashed to work out if guard is actually working.

Please fix.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    I noticed this yesterday as well, figured it was lag and it frequently caused me to not block "dazed" effects from rogues. Which in PVP is huge and cost me a death or two almost every game. Last minute block is really the biggest thing a GF has, take that away and as others mentioned, just a 1H GWF... which is also very underpowered...

I really hope this gets fixed soon, or this is going to be another "D3" fail where it took so long to fix, people quit...

Oh honestly get a grip people.

Why should everyone else that relies on the server to verify their attacks be at a disadvantage to GF's who can MIGITAGE ALL DAMAGE with clutch blocks.

If everyone else has this issue then why should you guys be spared it?

And don't come out with "QQ but my class is underpowered" no it's ****ing not you bags of dicks. I had a GF 3 shot me on my CW plenty of times. And on my healer and on my Rogue.

It's not underpowered if it can perma Sprint and perma KNOCKDOWN.

Oh and how about the fact that 90% of the time when you try and dodge a Knockdown on other classes you see the animation but the GF still stuns/knockdown.

tl;dr - Don't start pulling up bull**** balance when this subject should be strictly about the fact that most people with bad ping can't clutch block or dodge.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with all of that. And I don't have a problem with a game moving away from the trinity. But as you've pointed out, the fact that a healer class is still necessary means that all they've really accomplished is to make a poor tank. If you're trying to do away with the trinity then do it. Don't give me trinity classes that don't work. That's not a correct solution.

They can still tank

but they just can't tank the whole room :s

Me and my guild did NC with a balanced group and we did it just fine. And then we went in with two rogues, Tank, CW , Healer, again took a few tries but the tank tanked, and the rest dealt with the adds.

I'll admit the game has threat issues, but at the same time they have brought the typical tank in line with the rest of the classes and it's given the word control more meaning.

Instead of tank and spank it's, protect the healer and spank.

I for one feel that this new way is much more satisfying when you kill something as if you slip up for a few seconds the adds will overwhelm you. It's a constant struggle (unless you throw mobs into the abyss efficiently)

I feel for the tanks as it seems upsetting for them that they cannot protect their team as easily any more. And I hope the threat gets fixed.

But as for this trinity of DPs/tank/healer. It's still there but now the tanks are in the same position most dps classes have been in since as long as i can remember.

"Oh we can take a better option then that Assasin." or " Naw we don't need that Great sword wielder. Take the Archer"
    Or the best one is " Ima kick you for sharing plate drops (TERA typical tank).

You guys just have to face the fact that taking a Tank IMO is such a good thing to do but it's not a vital part. Just like taking a Rogue is such a good thing but not always a vital part.

It's a breath of fresh air to not have to rely on the tank for the party to succeed. (though I appreciate them a lot and will never say no to taking one.)
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.