tehjrowtehjrow Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHY is it not just a stance?
  • Options
    klasheenkovklasheenkov Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i thnk shift works litlle bit
  • Options
    innateattrocityinnateattrocity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so have we had a response ANYWHERE on this issue or is it being left on the burner effectively <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all tanks? such a joke, a few people use a bug and the remedy is to destroy the entire class rendering it useless and pissing off the entire GF community.... way to promote the game and encourage new players....hey come play our game, we dont have a working tank class for anything!!
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest bringing this block issue up everywhere we go.
    They really need to realize that they literally destroyed the defensive mechanic of a defensive class.

In my case the Archon Shield "fix" following this block issue is just a big punch in the face as not only did we loose any reliable way to defend ourselves against huge dmg spikes, now we also lost one of the best defensive items to compensate for it.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    lonewarrior7lonewarrior7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played through to level 12 as GF, still have NEVER DIED thanks to blocking, so I think blocking is actually OP and needs a bit of nerfing, you don't block attacks from behind though so keep that in mind (FYI, im still playing through as GF, keep in mind, currently at lvl 12 and no deaths=achieve?)
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    I suggest bringing this block issue up everywhere we go.
    They really need to realize that they literally destroyed the defensive mechanic of a defensive class.

In my case the Archon Shield "fix" following this block issue is just a big punch in the face as not only did we loose any reliable way to defend ourselves against huge dmg spikes, now we also lost one of the best defensive items to compensate for it.

Yea I lost 5 mitigation over that fix to the shield. Though I did get a Timeless one to replace it increasing my GS by 400ish.

Though the lag between hitting the shift and actually blocking added to the long attack animations to break out of block or attacking to move... that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is kill'n me, literally!
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played through to level 12 as GF, still have NEVER DIED thanks to blocking, so I think blocking is actually OP and needs a bit of nerfing, you don't block attacks from behind though so keep that in mind (FYI, im still playing through as GF, keep in mind, currently at lvl 12 and no deaths=achieve?)

You can achieve that same thing without ever touching block.
    When talking about end game, where you actually loose your whole guard bar from blocking 1 boss attack or half the bar from blocking a big monster (and there are more than just one usually) you ll see where the issue lies.
    You will not hold block for a long time anymore and have to use it as a dodge mechanic to block that 1 big attack or CC move.

The way it currently works though, is that you can not reliably block that one big attack or cc move
    And if you would hold block up for a longer period like you do at low lvls you most likely will get hit by smaller attacks rendering your guard bar useless for the attack you want to really block.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Quality trolling.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    propingproping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    proping wrote: »
    Bump for obvious reasons.

Bump again, and again until this have been sorted.
  • Options
    sweetjersweetjer Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    this needs an immediate fix. more immediate than exploits, which were patched posthaste. instead of being an occasional inconvenience if you're playing PVP and run into an exploiter, this breaks the game for all Guardian Fighters. Where is the official response? All we've heard is "we've heard a couple people say this we're looking into it." What's there to investigate? Server side blocking is broken, end of story. I'm ruffled by this, and GF isn't even my main toon. I can't imagine how bummed you T2's must be.
  • Options
    datdanktankdatdanktank Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More people reporting the same issue...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?294151-Guardian-Block-totally-unresponsive-now

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?293741-Guardian-Fighter-Blocking-broken-after-the-patch

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?285582-GuardianFighter-Block-button-problems

Makes me wonder, what if dodge just didn't work for wiz or rogue? How quickly would Emergency maintenance kick in to remedy this problem? As it stands, us guardian's are a small, neglected, part of this community, that only a handful of masochistic folks are still attempting to play. This bug is a game changer, in the fact that: If I don't change the way I play my guardian, I will take numerous dirt naps.

Is this the way PWE intended us to play the guardian? Neglecting guard alltogether? Please give us something! Even just a nod of appreciation "Hey guys, we broke the guardian when attempting to prevent exploiters, Sorry! We're working on a fix" The already stressed guardian class needs some love, and fast...
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    Makes me wonder, what if dodge just didn't work for wiz or rogue? How quickly would Emergency maintenance kick in to remedy this problem?

Wizards have the exact same bug thanks to the stamina fix. Half of my teleports get rubberbanded.

CW is OP because it was designed that way, not because they somehow receive more attention now.

We are all being ignored equally, relax.
  • Options
    keshavexkeshavex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check out this thread in the General Discussions forum, where people are saying "no issue here". Please chime in where this is likely to have more visibility with devs.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?296372-GF-Block-is-BROKEN-as-of-most-recent-patch
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I seriously hope they aren't planning on leaving this the way it is.
  • Options
    mslettlesmslettles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is terrible and I can't seem to find a response from PW/Cryptic. This is ruining the game for me right now.
  • Options
    naragoth1naragoth1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am having horrid problems with block now.. holding the button down and block just drops even though I have half a guard meter left, or I am trying to move out of something while blocking against the other trash and despite the button being pressed my shield goes down and my character runs like he was in town. I ran a foundry 5min. ago and had issues with this continuously I pretty much said F%* it at half way and just started doing all knockdowns and run around because guarding was doing F%*($-all.. Please Cryptic can we come to a happy medium here and at least have it function?
  • Options
    zozannozozanno Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also having this issue, please fix soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mslettles wrote: »
    This is terrible and I can't seem to find a response from PW/Cryptic. This is ruining the game for me right now.

A Cryptic Dev actually replied to the complaints that nothing had been changed.
    panderus wrote: »
    Well if you guys really feel as though there is something beyond what I posted then we can look into it some. However I made the statement without researching further since there has not been any changes to the shift powers at all as far as I am aware. We have been saving those for the major content patch unless it was critical.

Also, I considered not posting to this thread at all with all the backlash I got. This will certainly be my last.

It is impossible to make the shift powers instant, without any sort of cooldowns, client side predict AND still not have any rubberbanding effects when the client is lagged whilst ignoring lag and not be exploitable. Some things must give to feel responsive in more cases and still live in the world where lag and exploits could exist.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?296372-GF-Block-is-BROKEN-as-of-most-recent-patch/page6
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, sadly the reply was no where near to what we'r looking for and more of a brush off with a lil maybe behind it, rather than the "we will look into it to confirm" or "we are aware and working on it"
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    From their Twitter:

@NeverwinterGame Is the team actively looking into the GF block issue? Saw dev reply on forums tonight, it's game breaking now for my GF

@ReverbedVnaculr It's being looked into, yes. Our goal is to find out if its WAD or not. Thanks for requesting clarification!

@NeverwinterGame @ReverbedVnaculr I've made a short video demonstrating this game-breaking issue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_gMsL8KHU&feature=youtu.be

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 1 t
    @PimPiN420 Referring to the Guardian Fighter block, or another thing? The feedback regarding block is being looked at by devs.

So they are clearly looking into it...thank god for that. Anyone know what the word "WAD" means?
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meitran wrote: »
    . Anyone know what the word "WAD" means?

I believe "WAD" is "Working As Designed"
  • Options
    innateattrocityinnateattrocity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    Wizards have the exact same bug thanks to the stamina fix. Half of my teleports get rubberbanded.

CW is OP because it was designed that way, not because they somehow receive more attention now.

We are all being ignored equally, relax.

yeh we're all being ignored equally but you dont see the CW's complaining much about the fact that they are destroying everyone easily because the other class mechanics are broken. Your complaining because you cant get away from a broken class fast enough... it will be a diferrent story when you find that people just stop playing the tanky classes altogether and all you end up doing is pvp with the same group of people over and over and over again because theres nothing else you can do
  • Options
    iphxpaganiphxpagan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't had any major issues using block. The only times I've had problems getting block up is when I've been knocked down from a trash mob behind me. There is a bit of lag delay, but I notice this more trying to use an encounter ability after lowering block than trying to use block after an encounter ability.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iphxpagan wrote: »
    I haven't had any major issues using block. The only times I've had problems getting block up is when I've been knocked down from a trash mob behind me. There is a bit of lag delay, but I notice this more trying to use an encounter ability after lowering block than trying to use block after an encounter ability.

The only thing I've seen is when I hit shift and keep moving fast. That's my warning that I am not actually blocking :P
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed this while grinding out quests for companion XP yesterday. I was wondering why I was taking so much alpha strike dmg and not only using pots but the Health Stone they gave us when I barely even touched consumables before. What Ether mentioned above clued me in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When we are holding our block button, block should be initiated as soon as it is available for use and not stop until we release the button or the guard meter breaks.

There shouldn't be any situation where holding block button causes anything else than us initiating and holding the block.

No one here cares about the little cooldown which the dev mentioned, it's the fact that block is not activating unless we were doing nothing else or using at wil before we pressed shift.
  • Options
    propingproping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Latest from Twitter
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 21s
    @ping_pro @PimPiN420 @ReverbedVnaculr We are aware of the feedback re: Block but currently I don't believe a change has been solidified.
  • Options
    fatherknightfatherknight Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevinlive wrote: »
    Having some issues with this aswell, mainly in the form of me "blocking" - it does the block animation, but it does not block. Forcing me to constantly toggling the block to get it to work.

I get the same problem. Since last patch, I activate my blog (with lag), I see its up, but I still poor in damage as if I had no shield up. I cannot stress how many times I had to spam Health potions because if this. The soner they fix it, the better. It has become allmost imposible to tank anything right now, as you never know if you get your shild up in time, or if it's actually up when you see it's up...
  • Options
    traprocktraprock Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had the problem too from the last big patch. The difference is more than just a subtle one and I can't imagine how one is supposed to tank a dungeon properly the way it is now. I haven't tried it yet since, but seeing how often a mob will sneek in an attack while I'm doing regular and foundry missions leaves me to believe a Boss would do some heavy damage.
    The part of the explanation I don't get is where they reference a cooldown. When a skill is on cooldown you get a message saying the skill is recharging. If it is your main at-will (say sword hand) and you attack too quickly after your last, nothing will happen. When you do this with a shield block now, the shield clearly goes up and often comes back down on its own. This can be replicated in combat or out of combat. Also a GF would presumably be dropping shield in order to use an encounter power or reposition more quickly which would also generate enough time do negate the possibility of block not being ready.
    I'm at lvl 32 now with my GF and am at a point where I don't know if its worth continuing to level or whether I should just put the time into my other lowbie toon.