test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW need a nerf.... bad.

master447master447 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
CW's need a range nerf and cooldown increase IMO and only allow 1 of them to a team, ive played countless games with 3+ CW's on a team and there is just nothing you can do to counter it, they all just stunlock then move to the next victom, and there range is stupid far i mean that makes no sense and as a TR i cant even get close to them even with stealth because as soo as i dash behind them the coke/push/tornado me and im dead......
Post edited by master447 on

Comments

• pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a cw has crazy range and nice fast cooldowns, it's because we invested points into it, and its their playstyle. Maybe the way you built your TR is not the playstyle you are best at? For example, last night I was fighting a TR who had a crazy crazy stealth which lasted almost permanently. All he would do is throw knives from stealth coming out only for a split second. He destroyed me a few times, stalking me as I assisted my team mates. He was annoying but I appreciated his playstyle and I thought it was pretty cool myself, even though I was on the receiving end, the guy was pretty good.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CW fall fast and fall quickly. I play one. At level 60, mind you. A GWF ties me down, I'm dead. A rogue stuns me with a smoke bomb, I'm dead. A GF shield bashes me, I'm close to dead.

What you're experiencing is called "teamwork," and it's how you survive in PVP. Try going solo and you're toast.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited May 2013
    CW fall fast and fall quickly. I play one. At level 60, mind you. A GWF ties me down, I'm dead. A rogue stuns me with a smoke bomb, I'm dead. A GF shield bashes me, I'm close to dead.

What you're experiencing is called "teamwork," and it's how you survive in PVP. Try going solo and you're toast.

^ Teamwork is the keyword here. Ive been in "OP" teams with 2 clerics and 3 cws who were wiped because of crappy teamwork. And on the other side of the coin ive been in a group with nothing but GF's and GWF's and wiped the floor with the other team who had all the "ideal" classes.
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    In every game I have ever played, melee cry until casters get nerfed so much that melee can run circles around them and just kill them. The CW is fine, and you should not base nerfs from an unbalanced team; because the most OP thing is teamwork. So, if those 3 CW were working together and 3v1 you, you expect to be able to do what actually? Flip the tables, I am a healer and if I get 3v1ed and die it's working as intended right, and good job for focus firing the healer. So, by your reasoning if you should be able to have a counter vs 3 people I should to and we both know that would be god-mode. Why not ask for help from a team member to make it 2v3 or 3v3? Instead of asking for a class to be nerfed because 3 of them teamed up on one guy. Like get the GF or GWF no one likes, to block their CC so you can get close while you stay behind them. DPS is not > all, teamwork is > all as you just experienced.
  • dhavrumdhavrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

WHat degraafination says is true. I also play a CW at level 60 and in PvP, i fall to TRs, FDs, and GWFs, and sometimes Clerics going at them 1v1. Here is what I have experienced durign my PvP against the classes during many...many PvP sessions and yes they were all 1v1.

Trickster Rogues

1. TRs are not affected by any AoEs tht I use if they are stealthed, except Singularity and Icy Terrain. I have used other spells and they always come out without damage or just can't target them because they are stealthed.

2.TRs can teleport long distances to reach a CW, who by the way has the shortest teleports of all classes to try to get away.

3. TRs can remain stealthed the entire time they attack and kill me. Confirmed by other players trying to reach me while I was fighting and falling to TRs.

Fighter Defenders

1. Their blocking has no cooldowns (or so I have been told by various FD players)

2. Can block the fallowing spells, Magic missile, Freezing Ray, Chill Strike, Conduit of Ice, Entangling Force, Repel, Steal Time, Ice Knife, Steal Time, and I think Ray of Enfeeblement, but not sure on that. Arcane Singularity can ffect them but if they time thir rush right, they can ge away and hit you from an extremely long distance.

3. They rush at you knocking you down, hit you, then repeat knocking you down and hitting you until your dead.

4. even though they seem a horse lengths away, they can still hit you with thier sword

Some of those spells blocked shouldnt be blocked, like

Conduit of Ice - just doesnt make sense it hit any part of you and should affect you

Repel - pushes you away with little damage)

Time Steal - is mind affecting not a blast or ray

Ice Knife - it falls from the sky and is huge and the defender is only blockign what is in front of them

Great Weapon Fighter

1. Can be nearly unstoppable with ther rage ability, almost all controlling spells don't work on them (see most spells in above in DF).

2. Can hit you with their weird mutlpile angle attack and then just wail on you until you die.

3. their shout can disable your ability to cast spells for a time.

4. They may seem to be 2 horse lenghts away but somehow still hit you with their swings.

Cleric

Can be a toss up, i have faced some clerics one on one and defeat them, while others have defeated me.

@ Original poster

its a PvP, of course players CWs or whatever class there may be, will team up against you. You either stick with friendlies or try 1v1 against a CW, and make sure you can play your class correctly..key word here is correctly and you should win 8-9 times out of ten against CWs. I say 8-9 times out of ten, because some of those players are extremely good at being CWs.
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Some of you just plain suck or have horrible gear or something, but one of my worst nightmare is a good GF.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol range nerf. rogues need range dmg nerfs far more then cws. they are melee class
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    Some of you just plain suck or have horrible gear or something, but one of my worst nightmare is a good GF.

Exactly. GFs are great counters to CWs.
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gotta use teamwork and focus targets down. As a 60 GWF on Ruins, usually I can backdoor the team, snipe a CW, and get out before anyone notices. I generally don't go head on into a CW unless Unstoppable is up, Encounters are off CD, and most of my AP is built.

You shouldn't be using Deft Strike haphazardly as well. Rogues who open with Deft Strike on me generally die. Most players by the 2x bracket know that Deft Strike is usually followed by Daze, which makes it extremely easy to dodge.

Sounds to me like you're rushing headfirst into the CW's and expecting a kill.
  • trashcat87trashcat87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    master447 wrote: »
    and as a TR i cant even get close to them even with stealth because as soo as i dash behind them the coke/push/tornado me and im dead......

Cleary a "l2p" issue here.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited May 2013
    CW's need a range nerf and cooldown increase IMO and only allow 1 of them to a team, ive played countless games with 3+ CW's on a team and there is just nothing you can do to counter it, they all just stunlock then move to the next victom, and there range is stupid far i mean that makes no sense and as a TR i cant even get close to them even with stealth because as soo as i dash behind them the coke/push/tornado me and im dead......

Seriously you're just bad. I'm sick of TRs that sit at range and spam their knife throwing attack just to proc enhantments. Why do TRs even have a ranged attack. Oh and nerf your smoke bomb while you're at it since I can't even dodge out of it.

L2P and stop making ridiculous nerf posts just because you can't play the most powerful PvP class correctly.
  • antomusantomus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    Seriously you're just bad. I'm sick of TRs that sit at range and spam their knife throwing attack just to proc enhantments. Why do TRs even have a ranged attack. Oh and nerf your smoke bomb while you're at it since I can't even dodge out of it.

L2P and stop making ridiculous nerf posts just because you can't play the most powerful PvP class correctly.

Seriously, this. I'm tired of seeing people who choose a class because they see it's the best PvP class and when they suck at it they come on the forums and whine because they can't just face roll anyone.
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »

^ Omg yes. They drive me bonkers for sure lol
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kidbs wrote: »

We have a ranged attack because we need a range attack. We don't have the armor/defense of the other melee classes and in dungeons we can't do anything to a boss with constant AOE attacks. In PvP it allows us to sit on a capture point and fight back against a CW who refuses to come into the circle, but will stun you from so far away you can't hit him. In that situation, if we didn't a ranged attack we would either have to use teleport (which takes the place of better utility/damage-dealing powers) or chase after the CW (who will just blink away); leaving the circle vulnerable.

The knives are quick and hit decently hard, but they have limited charges and are really only useful for finishing off an enemy who's running away.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • kimungukimungu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At all its not the Class himself which need to get reworked its just the fcking Matchmaking system.

It cant be real that the enemys get 2 Clerics 2CWs and a trickster while u run around with just melee classes.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry but you complainers in pvp just plain suck. You need to learn to play and get better gear. Also if you keep getting owned, try making a premade.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It isnt how they perform in PvP that Cryptic cares about. I swear I wont go into a dungeon without a CW on my team ^__^
  • fogalmamsincsfogalmamsincs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, you need teamwork and know every class to be good in pvp, and ofc you need decent gear. I met today a horriple team, i end with 17 kills 1 downs, the team had 2 TR, GF, GWF, DC. The 2TR could not kill me 1v2, they highest crit on me was 8k, mostly under 5k, while i could oneshot them with ice knife without ROE. With ROE they were 3 skills, no idea what they had, but i got not so good gear (10.5k GS) and im thaumaturge, so no mega crit (around 20k). The GWF on that team could rush me, knock me down, but hes biggest dmg on me was 2k, mostly under 500! I could burst kill the DC in his circle, and the GF was 1 burst without daily. I cant imagine what gear and skills they had, but all of them were terrible. They had no chance to kill anybody in my team 1v1, not even in 2v1. When they killed me once, 4 of them came on me, but still could kill 1 TR and get the other to like 10% hp. If they would have decent gear, and good skills both character and gaming, they could erase me in a sec, but no... this players think every class is OP except what they play. So pls dont talk sh.t. CW is just fine, and every class can kill us 1v1. TR: stealth, daze and we can be oneshot. GWF can run to us, we cant controll them, they knock us down, and we die. GF can charge to us with shield bash, knock us down and we die, they can block almost all of our attacks. DC in his circle is a no go if he has good gear. CW is OP? No... but maybe we use our head.
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you're rushing headfirst into the CW's and expecting a kill.

Anyone who holds up a big sign 30 yards out saying "I am coming for you CW" deserves an areskicking :D
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    We have a ranged attack because we need a range attack. We don't have the armor/defense of the other melee classes and in dungeons we can't do anything to a boss with constant AOE attacks. In PvP it allows us to sit on a capture point and fight back against a CW who refuses to come into the circle, but will stun you from so far away you can't hit him. In that situation, if we didn't a ranged attack we would either have to use teleport (which takes the place of better utility/damage-dealing powers) or chase after the CW (who will just blink away); leaving the circle vulnerable.

The knives are quick and hit decently hard, but they have limited charges and are really only useful for finishing off an enemy who's running away.

All the TR's ive seen are heavy stealth users and throwing knives usually is their opener. They make us CW's waste dodges while throwing knives and stealthing then when the time is right they use the daily or teleport behind and chop us up. With the TR's I've fought against, (the good ones anyway), I do NOT see them coming, they normally hit during the chaos of their other members throwing skills so they go un noticed and jump around causing havoc to all our squishy folks. There are some who have insane resistance to cc i think and that skill lock is bloody hell for me.

I agree with the others in this thread that it comes down to a L2P issue (god i hate that saying, but its true in this case)
  • hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cw don't need to be nerfed. hell i play one. and i have been on the opposite side where i been up against a teams with tr and they just wipe the floor with us cw. also been in games where it went the other way. it comes down to how the claases are played. i agrre with an earler post here about the tr. if they are played right they are extremly hard as hell for any cw to kill them even if its 2 cw's to 1 tr. because tr can easily get around our aoe damage as that our primary dam type.
  • tubbyadamtubbyadam Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    nothing counters a well played CW true story ^^
  • selenasoulstarselenasoulstar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now I am a Renegade CW. Being I am more AOE and Magic Missile Spamming kind of CW and when I am against a TR that knows what they are doing they can totally Dominate me but if they are mediocre I can easily mow them down. Now with my rotation I can easily walk thru any class with players behind them that are inexperienced or mediocre. But you put me against team that knows what they are doing with their class then I am in for a world of hurt. And to the OP... We CWs are not against calling out for help at least the ones that know people they can rely on ... I dont know how many times I have been in PVP scenarios where there is a cleric on my team and we are against some very good gamers and I have whispered the Cleric and told them to focus heals on me while I cleared off a Obelisk platform and told the GF to run and play Deflector while I burst them down. This method works alot.. so no CWs dont need to be nerfed it is just you are getting against people that (I know this is harsh to hear) more skilled than you and are working together as a team to take down the biggest threats. I know that I always focus down a TR First, then Cleric,CWs , GF and then GWF. And that seems to work for me. But like a previous poster mentioned it also fits my playstyle to be a MM spammer and AOE damager you might have to rethink your TR to better fit your playstyle or try a different class altogether. Yeah it may sound fun to be playing a dominating class in PVP but there are 3 factors that come into play with being on a Dominating Class like that and they are:

1.) You have to know the class and class mechanics and have a playstyle that fits you within that class.
    2.) You have to constantly keep your gear upgraded cause others are always doing that.
    3.) Luck of the draw with groups...that is the main factor it is luck of the draw with groups... you may have one match where you are totally dominating the other team to where they cant hardly keep any obelisks... then in the next breath the next match you are in you get with the worst bunch of noobs that dont know their elbow from their knee.

Not to sound mean but you sound like you are not playing within your playstyle and you dont know your Elbow from your knee all rolled into one so If I was you I would rethink what you may be doing wrong before you start yelling who and what should be nerfed cause most "Imbalanced" issues are not with the game it is with the people who control the character.

But just my two cents. Take it or leave it. Ciao
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pickygamer wrote: »
    All the TR's ive seen are heavy stealth users and throwing knives usually is their opener. They make us CW's waste dodges while throwing knives and stealthing then when the time is right they use the daily or teleport behind and chop us up. With the TR's I've fought against, (the good ones anyway), I do NOT see them coming, they normally hit during the chaos of their other members throwing skills so they go un noticed and jump around causing havoc to all our squishy folks. There are some who have insane resistance to cc i think and that skill lock is bloody hell for me.

I agree with the others in this thread that it comes down to a L2P issue (god i hate that saying, but its true in this case)

Absolutely. The throwing knives are a good opener against ranged classes, because closing that gap can be hell if you don't have the teleport ability. And even if you do, teleporting out of a capture node in order to attack some wizard who's just going to blink away is dumb. Personally, I think stealth is sort of a drag in PvP because enemies can still see a red radius around your character if they targetted you BEFORE popping it. It's great if you actually manage to sneak up on someone, but if your already in a fight, then it's pretty much useless. Not to mention the fact that unless you've got a stealth-based build, it drains so quickly you can't do much more than hit with one of your high-damage encounter abilities.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

inorite!!!! :mad:
  • prabhunathprabhunath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What's up with all these necromancy of CW-related threads?? Is it a sign of things to come? Do I finally get to play a necromancer in the game?

The day may come when our courage fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, when we look up to you and see our death as inevitable.

But today is not that day. Today, we fight.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    *the control wizard looks around then eyes the zombie and shakes his head*

This beast should have been left to rest. Necromancy is forbidden by the Church of Kelemvor!

By the grace of Mystryl and Corellon and the Judgement of Kelemvor, back to rest with thee!
    *the mage casts some unknown spells and the thread becomes inanimate once more*
This discussion has been closed.