test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Blast From DnD's Past.

clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The forums have been in a pretty bad mood. I can accept my part in all that also, the last week has been an uproar here in Neverwinter...Wipe or no wipe, we are settling in to see how this is going to work out.

Getting a little nostalgic playing the game I must admit..Although I have not been truly on all week I am about to log in and get in some foundry and pvp...Screw it, what happens happens, If things go to wrong I will just leave later right ?

Anyway, I dug this up on youtube...I remember watching this as a young kid,even before actually playing the game for the first time...If you can stand the dated art work, and corny story it is indeed a blast from the past I had forgotten all about.

dungeons and dragons episode 1 part 1 ---Remember this is from the 80's ...lulz to be had however.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPuTIE6pP6w

Also I guess this thread is a now a place to post all the most smart *** images and gifs you got stashed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote Originally Posted by roents
It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
Post edited by clockwerkninja on

Comments

• Options
    gifresponsegifresponse Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    vGQiB.gif
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    539209_373791696026994_1491650839_n.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oP8V7.gif
    11746_454660161273480_1841301457_n.jpg

Did I make a mistake :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    548388_394956230577207_422401718_n.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    561146_372903732782457_1915636097_n.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the cartoon came out right before they released Unearthed Arcana with all those new classes in it. (cavalier, acrobat, barbarian)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    primerib41 wrote: »
    Yeah, the cartoon came out right before they released Unearthed Arcana with all those new classes in it. (cavalier, acrobat, barbarian)

I still have Unearth Arcana , Deity's and Demigods , The Dungeon Master Guide and Players Handbook from 1st edition AD&D ... Also have a tons of game mod's and screens and such from the first printings back in the 70's .

Granted I did not play that early but I collected everything from my relatives who did as they stopped ...I do not get to ever pen and paper game anymore so it is all just display stuff now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    looking4boobslooking4boobs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh wow blast from the past indeed, i completely forgot about that cartoon
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The forums have been in a pretty bad mood. I can accept my part in all that also, the last week has been an uproar here in Neverwinter...Wipe or no wipe, we are settling in to see how this is going to work out.

Getting a little nostalgic playing the game I must admit..Although I have not been truly on all week I am about to log in and get in some foundry and pvp...Screw it, what happens happens, If things go to wrong I will just leave later right ?

Anyway, I dug this up on youtube...I remember watching this as a young kid,even before actually playing the game for the first time...If you can stand the dated art work, and corny story it is indeed a blast from the past I had forgotten all about.

dungeons and dragons episode 1 part 1 ---Remember this is from the 80's ...lulz to be had however.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPuTIE6pP6w[/url

Also I guess this thread is a now a place to post all the most smart *** images and gifs you got stashed.

Interestingly enough... if buy the boxed set of this, it has the " voice only" done radio style final episode was written, but never aired. Saddly series was never fully finished though it came close. The series itself...was how shall i put it... " censored " to high !$<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and back again, when it came to simple things like names, and creatures. Still wasnt a bad show, and honestly we still got to see some of more famous creatures from D&D.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I remember in the 80s D&D was reported as having related to devil worship by the mass media. I'm glad people are slightly smarter now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I remember in the 80s D&D was reported as having related to devil worship by the mass media. I'm glad people are slightly smarter now.

Yes, this is why the absolutely brilliant game that was AD&D first printing was reduced little by little into a shadow of itself.. The people I game with never stopped using some version of the first edition rule set. We were in a constant state of translating new material back into the old rules...Good times..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Did anyone else notice how there's only one black character, and her special skill is... track and field?

:rolleyes:
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad mood? I haven't been. I've been enjoyong playing the game. Not listening to the terrible, negative community attempting to ruin this game on these forums. I just laugh, and point it out now and then. Like now. I wish these complainers and entitled little brats would just move on and find another game to try and ruin. I was hoping this game would be successful.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    Bad mood? I haven't been. I've been enjoyong playing the game. Not listening to the terrible, negative community attempting to ruin this game on these forums. I just laugh, and point it out now and then. Like now. I wish these complainers and entitled little brats would just move on and find another game to try and ruin. I was hoping this game would be successful.

Ok..Buy what do you think of the cartoon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice how there's only one black character, and her special skill is... track and field?

LOL ... she's an acrobat .. her special ability is high acrobatic skill checks (called Tumble or Balance in 3.5e). Her weapon is a magical staff/pole that can extend in length just like song goku's :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Acrobat chick was a BAMF...or a BAFF ..not sure preferences..

I likes the wizard the best tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Thanks the cartoon is alot better then the game thanks.
  • Options
    wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I loved those when I was a kid..(telling my age). I was playing DandD and love that the cartoon went along with my game LOL.

A really good D and D movie is the second one they made..(the first one sucked)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406728/?ref_=sr_5

It wasnt fantastic..but the best D and D movie I have ever seen

(hope that link is not against the rules! lol)
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »

A drow acrobat...
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    scarletttalonscarletttalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I have to say is OMFG I LOVED that cartoon growing up! Thank you! Must watch seasons.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still have Unearth Arcana , Deity's and Demigods , The Dungeon Master Guide and Players Handbook from 1st edition AD&D ... Also have a tons of game mod's and screens and such from the first printings back in the 70's .

Granted I did not play that early but I collected everything from my relatives who did as they stopped ...I do not get to ever pen and paper game anymore so it is all just display stuff now.

Are you aware of the price of a 1st ed unearthed arcana? :S
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Are you aware of the price of a 1st ed unearthed arcana? :S

Yes, I indeed am..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]