test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Last Boss Dread Vault = No Loot

kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
Yeah, the big brain, Yishgalalahfff or whatever.

This has happened twice now. Kill him, and there is no loot to loot. Not even seals. Just nothing.

If it wasn't for the daily I wouldn't even bother with this dungeon anymore.
Post edited by kromzor on

Comments

• Options
    kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump.

Anyone else have this issue?
  • Options
    chriklechrikle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes. this just happened to me too...stupid brain.
  • Options
    blightedbishopblightedbishop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw his loot crystal fly out of him today, it landed on the ground, instantly exploded, and disappeared, dropping no loot and giving no way to get it.
  • Options
    inkiesquidinkiesquid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here - just killed him with a pug, no loot... thankfully we had the bonus chest so it wasn't a complete waste but still, you expect better
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always get loot form the epic Dread Vault , you guys are doing it wrong .
  • Options
    mortattimortatti Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just finished with my party and no one got loot from killing the lame brain
  • Options
    rengetsu08rengetsu08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    well this doesnt happen to only this map some other maps also dont have Boss loot at all.
    Half-Elf Devoted Cleric-Divine Oracle Build, Powers and Feats:V1.0, V2.0
  • Options
    daxomendaxomen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This has happened 3 times to me on this run, have not seen the issue on any other boss.

I don't want to start any rumors but it seems like it might be tied to the TR. Possibly a combo of their abilities or one given ability, I am trying to track it down.

It might not be the case though, I think it has something more to do with the "physics" of how items drop from mobs. Some attacks (I think from all classes) can send items or mobs flying when they die. I think this is what is happening in this case.

I will try to keep an eye out for the shard on the next run and see what happens to it, its possible because it has a "health bar" that when it goes flying it takes fall damage and dies, dropping no loot possibly because an "owner tag" (who killed it) does not exist. As I don't know the code/logic behind it this is just a wild guess.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have done the Dread Vault seven times, and each time there has been no loot of any kind - including an empty chest. Each time, we have bug reported it.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    the normal one gave me no loot iin 3 times, the epic one i have done it completely just one time an dit gave me loot
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I just got done with killing the end boss in dread vault, I scooted around to where the shard spawns just before the boss died. I watched it appear then shatter with no one touching it and no loot dropped. It did not fly around or anything, it just appeared and broke.
  • Options
    vmicicvmicic Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here, did it last night for a daily dungeon quest and no loot.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    search it its just around there it can be near or far from boss
  • Options
    jammerou812jammerou812 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LOL ... did this Epic Dungeon Tuesday night, and I thought the same thing, until I saw a "Brain Shard" on one side of the Plasma pool where the brain was before we killed it. Simply kill the Brain shard (it doesn't fight back) and the loot drops.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I wish that was the case, it would be easy. Searched the entire platform and nothing, what I saw was it spawn in and then shatter. No loot... About 75% of the time when running this dungeon I don't see a shard (no one in the group does). This was the first time I was able to watch what happened to it.
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    daxomen wrote: »
    I wish that was the case, it would be easy. Searched the entire platform and nothing, what I saw was it spawn in and then shatter. No loot... About 75% of the time when running this dungeon I don't see a shard (no one in the group does). This was the first time I was able to watch what happened to it.

After running epic dread vault a couple dozen times this past week, in my experience the shard shatters on its own and does not provide loot about 50% of the time. The rest of the time the shard is consistently in the same location and drops two pieces of loot (gear + shard or gear + gear).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shelendil wrote: »
    After running epic dread vault a couple dozen times this past week, in my experience the shard shatters on its own and does not provide loot about 50% of the time. The rest of the time the shard is consistently in the same location and drops two pieces of loot (gear + shard or gear + gear).

Yep, and it would be nice if they can fix it. I keep reporting it but so far, nothing has changed. :(
  • Options
    jammerou812jammerou812 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The other thing to question here is why do this ridiculously uber long fight for the craptastic loot that does drop once in awhile. The first 2 boss's only seem to drop blue items anyway. I like the fight idea, the zone, the mobs, but I was super disappointed at the loot drop for the difficulty of the fight. Waste of a good Dungeon for a measly Daily 1000 AD for Daily Dungeon.
  • Options
    ingwe99ingwe99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really dont understand why this doesn't get fixed. ****ing cryptic must love to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> their gamers off as they said this was "fixed" in a previous patch. Yet its not fixed, and it still frustrates the **** outta everyone that they waste their night on a dungeon which is worthless. GG
  • Options
    taish0taish0 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Again, no loot...
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This should be moved to the "Bug Reports" Section so the devs actually see it and take action.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daxomen wrote: »
    I don't want to start any rumors but it seems like it might be tied to the TR. Possibly a combo of their abilities or one given ability, I am trying to track it down.

Nah. I did this without TR a few times, no loot whatsoever. A single time I was able to loot seals from the ground near the boss, rest of loot from this encounter, only from chest during DD.
  • Options
    tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    Dred Vault is already a daily quest that gives raw astral diamonds, if they were to give you loot for completing the dungeon too we would all just have too much AD. There has to be a downside to easy AD here.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know when this issue started, but I ran it twice today and neither times dropped loot on the brain.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    Ran this dungeon yesterday, and once again no crystal and hence no loot. Happens about half the time, give or take.
  • Options
    greengoo16greengoo16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is this bug back? Or never been fixed? Ran into this twice in the last week. Both normal runs for newly minted 60's in desperate need of gear.
  • Options
    sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Decided to see why this boss dropped no loot a few minutes ago and lo and behold I found a 2 year old thread... I guess this bug still exists or is this boss supposed to drop nothing?
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    u need to destroy a box near the chest just like u do at spellplague epic dungeon to get the loot.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lemonchill wrote: »
    u need to destroy a box near the chest just like u do at spellplague epic dungeon to get the loot.

WTH?!?!?! this isnt true