test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well, i'm done with t2 dungeons untill you fix them.

Comments

• pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The grouping system is stupid in this game, it only works when your leveling up or doing pvp for dailies. When it comes to harder stuff, like mad dragon, wolf den etc the queue pretty much assures you will fail as it only allows you to do it "at level".

They need to read this over and fix the grouping system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    The grouping system is stupid in this game, it only works when your leveling up or doing pvp for dailies. When it comes to harder stuff, like mad dragon, wolf den etc the queue pretty much assures you will fail as it only allows you to do it "at level".

The queue can and will give you 5 melee dps in 1 group too. It's pretty amazing.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Tl DR

l2p

Thanks.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue really does need work. It should let you requeue if someone drops in the middle and replace lost players instead of just potentially ruining the dungeon run.

That being said, you don't even need a tank for that fight if you have a wizard and cleric.
  • whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    First make it so that kicking a party member needs at least 3 votes to do, not that just the leader can decide it.
    Then make it so that if you kick 1 person you have to wait out a timer before you can kick anyone else.
    Then make it so that if for any reason a spot opens up in your party you can re-queue to fill it but cannot invite specific people...that way no kicking to make room for a guildie.

Just make people that come to an end unable to receive nothing but marks, so there will be no point to invite people for reward. Or make people able to claim reward only if they was in party before boss battle started (they enter the room).

And also, would be nice if party leader in queue can open specific slots - like "cleric only", or "tank only".
    When it comes to harder stuff, like mad dragon, wolf den etc the queue pretty much assures you will fail as it only allows you to do it "at level".

Haha, true enough. Me and my friend both times ended that wolf with all other team dead while was leveling, and never even completed any of dragons because of that.
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I had poor reading comprehension but it's hard to identify what he's saying unless you've experienced it yourself. I still honestly don't care. All MMOs have people who shoot up to the top fast and then start whining about everything. I'm not sure if they just have no life and play this all day long or they are just super gamers and know something I don't.

I tend to just ignore people who are already level 60. I would rather their issues not be a priority, honestly.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THEY NEED TO MAKE IT SO THAT THE GROUP CAN REQUEST FOR NEW PARTY MEMBERS AT ANYTIME INCASE SOMEBODY LEAVES!

sorry for the cap, but this is such a basic feature. It's really sad when somebody decides to leave the party because they failed once on the final boss and the rest of the team are screwed. Just allow the party to click on "Request party member(s)" and if the party is not full, somebody in queue will get lucky and get to join the party.
  • suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Or LEAR TO FRIGGIN PLAY!
    As boring as this argument is, it applies here perfectly.
    And you want guaranteed loot? Play single player games.
    Since this is your first MMO in life, thats how it goes, you often loose more then you gain if you don't have good group and random drops are random.

RAWR, agreed lol go back to your wii op Moar Engrish Prease me no likey , man I tell you what this **** forum chat limit is insane here i am typing my opinion and response to the ops thread and it wont let me post it because the forum is well to be honest a little autistic a long with the rest of the game Blood ninja out
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So just make this on lvl 60 only. And just make party leader being able to OPEN GROUP as he should do.
    So now the party leader can kick everyone at last boss and invite his friends instead?
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the replies in this thread just back up the fact that it is too much of a hassle to even bother trying to play with other people. Here's the attitude of atleast half of the people that play Neverwinter endgame:

You got a complaint? L2p. You got a problem finding groups? Go play a single player game. You want to join a guild? Need raidcall + mumble + TS even though our fingers work perfectly fine and there is a way to communicate in-game (chat). You want to join our group? Nty, you need to be a CW or DC with 10k+ gs. You make 1 mistake while doing a dungeon with me? You're out. We make a mistake while you're doing a dungeon with us? Don't point it out and accept it or you're out. You roll something that you and I both need? Let me have it or I will be such a ******* annoying brat for the rest of the dungeon that it'll make you wish you're out.

^^Yep, can't wait to play the Neverwinter forced group moneymaking endgame!

It's not the age of the entitled that is upon us, it's the age of self-important wannabe elitists with a lack of proper parental education and social abilities that is upon us.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is hardly a T2 problem, happens most commonly in them sure. But this is more of a fail group feature,They should really add it so people come in upon ones departure of the game / instance.

Don't they have this for the beginning of the dungeon? I was in the clock tower once, someone left.. a few seconds later a replacement came..Why doesn't it do it the entire time?
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why did they fail to copy a game system that's been out for 5 years?
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are really giving the OP a hard time because if one person leaves the group, you can't bring in a replacement?

Are you guys for real?

The groupfinder in this game is simply horrible- you can't pick your role, you can't get replacements if someone drops, and you end up getting groups of 4 of the same class and no healer at random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are really giving the OP a hard time because if one person leaves the group, you can't bring in a replacement?

Are you guys for real?

The groupfinder in this game is simply horrible- you can't pick your role, you can't get replacements if someone drops, and you end up getting groups of 4 of the same class and no healer at random.

They're not reading/understanding or just don't care. Par for the course posting on forums :P
  • gotmeensgotmeens Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This and players like this have destroyed the mmo genre.

The age of entitlement is upon us. I remember spending weeks camping a spot just hoping a rare would spawn, I never got it but never ever thought about whining on the forums.

These people now EXPECT to be able to clear content or max out or have everything. Well congratulations you have ruined the genre, the game and almost all mmos in the last 5-10 years have been infested with Farmville like scrubs.

you sir deserve a raise...i dont think it can be said any better....did no one play EQ how long would you camp spawns killing trash just hoping the rare would spawn, not only hoping he will spawn, hoping he even rolls the loot your looking for, and i remember having some of the most fun ever in mmo's doing that
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent years playing lineage 2....drop chance of 0.01% on the best gear, 40% chance on any craft that it would fail and all your mats (some of which had that 0.01% drop chance) would just go poof....chance on enchanting that your snazzy weapon would end up weaker cos the enchant failed.....die and lose 4% exp and at top level take a month to get 1% exp gain....originally chance to drop gear whenever you died...open world pvp so pkers would gank you and steal your gear...oh the old days
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    This and players like this have destroyed the mmo genre.

Because adding more adds to the adds is what makes an MMO great. Keep defending the fail!
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's actually a good thing that the end game is "hard" we have yet to fail spellplague but yeah I'm liking the challenge (even if it's a simple add generation thing that makes it hard- hard is hard, that's what the game gives us so we have to live with it until they do the right thing and fix the boss instead). The only hard part for me was the last part where the boss spawns tons of buffed spellplagued mobs, so irritating. Good thing our TR can kill the boss before we eventually succumb to the sheer stomping numbers of the adds.

also IMHO they did a lazy fixing of temple of spider by putting a wall around the last boss area? Really? Fixed the issue where boss occasionally kills himself? More like adding an invisible wall so the boss can't kill himself. ****.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Spent years playing lineage 2....drop chance of 0.01% on the best gear, 40% chance on any craft that it would fail and all your mats (some of which had that 0.01% drop chance) would just go poof....chance on enchanting that your snazzy weapon would end up weaker cos the enchant failed.....die and lose 4% exp and at top level take a month to get 1% exp gain....originally chance to drop gear whenever you died...open world pvp so pkers would gank you and steal your gear...oh the old days

NC SOFT stands behind the most horrid games so far , even Aion that looked pretty good at start ended up like all of their games - trash / emprty servers .
    edited May 2013
    kiralia wrote: »

Well, congratulations on wasting your time, and you know - you can always go back to this type of the games. But other players usually do not want to spend moths on doing nothing, they playing games for fun and to have fun, so they level up trough doing quests, to hear the storyline, then farm some items in the dungeons and go pvp before dev's will make new part of the story and new pvp mode. And this people just don't have time to spend all days in dungeons, hoping that another random will not leave after first fail at the final boss. And if instead of making new story, pvp modes or dungeons when you need to kill boss via special way dev's can only add more unkillable adds to the bosses... well, they must have hell of a imagination.
    I know that some people enjoys suffering, but there is a reason why there is "easy" mode in all decent games - because most of the players will leave if they need to tryhard in game that should be source of fun. Especially if you are loosing not because you are bad, but because your team just keep on leaving dungeons.
  • skuldarnskuldarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    If you play games for rewards, I suggest looking into a brand new MMO, I think it's called "Pavlov's Revenge"

Sorry, but that has to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen in a game forum. Of course people play games for rewards. Every game is a disguised rat food pellet experiment, even more so than other less interactive forms of entertainment.

Back on topic, while I sympathize with the OP, I think if you are tackling difficult dungeons you should do so with a known group. If you chance pugging, you should do so knowingly and surrender some of your right to complain.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skuldarn wrote: »
    Sorry, but that has to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen in a game forum. Of course people play games for rewards. Every game is a disguised rat food pellet experiment, even more so than other less interactive forms of entertainment.

Back on topic, while I sympathize with the OP, I think if you are tackling difficult dungeons you should do so with a known group. If you chance pugging, you should do so knowingly and surrender some of your right to complain.

No, actually you won the prize for the most ignorant thing with your statement: people play games for FUN and diversion. Now, some people are wired in a way that if they don't have the rat pellets trail, they aren't capable of enjoying themselves but that's just their problem. If these people spent half that time pursuing something in Real Life, they would live a lot better
  • skuldarnskuldarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    No, actually you won the prize for the most ignorant thing with your statement: people play games for FUN and diversion. Now, some people are wired in a way that if they don't have the rat pellets trail, they aren't capable of enjoying themselves but that's just their problem. If these people spent half that time pursuing something in Real Life, they would live a lot better

Since when is fun not a reward? And diversion is a relief of stress, which is also a reward of sorts. People play games because it can give rewards not quickly or easily accessible in real life. How often do we get to be heroes and valiant warriors outside of games, for instance, or see towering castles and vast caverns? You seem to be arguing that rewards only count if they are in the real world and that anything people get in games is not a reward but rather some lesser thing that is a poor substitute. That metaphysical point might be worth debating, but I see game worlds as more a microcosm than a desperate refuge.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, congratulations on wasting your time, and you know - you can always go back to this type of the games. But other players usually do not want to spend moths on doing nothing, they playing games for fun and to have fun, so they level up trough doing quests, to hear the storyline, then farm some items in the dungeons and go pvp before dev's will make new part of the story and new pvp mode. And this people just don't have time to spend all days in dungeons, hoping that another random will not leave after first fail at the final boss. And if instead of making new story, pvp modes or dungeons when you need to kill boss via special way dev's can only add more unkillable adds to the bosses... well, they must have hell of a imagination.
    I know that some people enjoys suffering, but there is a reason why there is "easy" mode in all decent games - because most of the players will leave if they need to tryhard in game that should be source of fun. Especially if you are loosing not because you are bad, but because your team just keep on leaving dungeons.

You do realise that ALL games are a waste of time right? I enjoyed my time in lineage, only stopped playing when they started making things too easy and the bots reallllllly started to overrun things because of it. As did a lot of other people, and hence the free to play model they now have on a much smaller scale.

I am enjoying neverwinter, love the playstyle and having a blast playing with an old friend from lineage and another from the original perfect world (yes I played that too). I also played rift with all its raiding etc.

If you check my other posts I have already suggested what they need to do to help with the dungeon queue system and added my voice to complaints about cleric agro and healing debuff.

Just because someone can enjoy a different style of game and remember the trials and tribulations from it with fondness does not mean they cannot enjoy THIS game too.

Take off the blinkers.
  • quietqquietq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    English 101 perhaps
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Group finder in this game is an utter failure. Putting odd parties and no replacement if someone quits/leaves/disconnect.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Group finder in this game is an utter failure. Putting odd parties and no replacement if someone quits/leaves/disconnect.

What drives me insane in T2 is having to do part of the dungeon(and therefore be unable to replace someone) before it becomes clear that the group has no ******* chance of finishing.

Good party composition at zone in? Ok...by the first boss the 2 TRs have died 6 times and stand no chance of killing Karrundax. Why not leave at this point?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    Also, pvp:
    One of us left from the start. Other - soon after him. We fought 3v5, and.... the score:
    11.1369508268.jpg
    Why we deserve to loose? Why I deserve to loose?
    And just waited a hour in queue for pirate king, wasted dungeon delves event, not a single game found...
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    o cmon guys the people here saying learn to play are probably all cheesing their way through dungeons whenever they can - pushing 90% of the enemies off cliffs has nothing to do with "learn to play" or understand the game - basically its cheating and not intended...so dont tell other to learn to play while you cant do it properly yousrself
  • flowsharianflowsharian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    Adding the ability to 'invite friends' simply leads to exploits. Invite in someone way under levelled so thy can farm XP? Not going to happen.

Keep in mind that folks who rush to max level in a week (or even a day) are missing the intent and purpose. No amount of development can keep up with the demand for more 'end game' content from folks that 'game the system' in order to get to max level in such a short time.

You must be new to MMO's. Go play WoW for a little bit, then come back and say they can't easily fix the situation to allow EITHER invite powers, OR putting someone from que in when you lose someone(you say hey they don't want people to easily be able to finish an instance last boss or quest or daily because of luck? Well, add a filter to not give them as much a bonus, or completion status due to time in dungeon, derp[though I think that's a bad idea, it wouldn't happen that often, and if it did, well, it's nothing anyone can exploit on(besides the leader of the dungeon who can kick, which needs to change, for random dungeons, give a veto, that's the best you can do, WoW has that part right)]) I mean I could easily fix this situation with " UNIVERSAL MECHANICS THAT WOULDN'T BE CONSIDERED BITING OR STEALING" but who knows, people will be stupid due to pride.