test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has the number of players decreased?

diablovoyeurdiablovoyeur Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I noticed viewership in neverwinter is never in the top 10 viewed in twitch. Any reason why?
Post edited by diablovoyeur on

Comments

• Options
    thewalattthewalatt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cause there playing Neverwinter, not watching some one play it
  • Options
    davenachtkindfxdavenachtkindfx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because it's more fun to play the game as to watch it?
    Please play my quests, have fun & give me feedback.

Upstairs not Downstairs... ( English - Quick Daily Foundry Quest - 16 mins)
    NW-DLS2W4BEN
    Mercenary School ( English - Quick Arena - 18 mins )
    NW-DOMN4EUYJ
    Der Schrei ( German - Story Quest - 20 mins )
    NW-DIO7EPLIS
    Etwas Zeit? ( German - Story Quest - 25 mins )
    NW-DLB3WMAIP
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PE has just eaten it self due to overpopulation so I'm guessing no.
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    I noticed viewership in neverwinter is never in the top 10 viewed in twitch. Any reason why?

Because this is a ****-tier game.
  • Options
    hiznogoodhiznogood Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah, alot of friends have started to play this game, so I guess it's the opossite!
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Population in game doesn't seem to have gone down to much. It might be alittle more spread out but I think the numbers are still there imo.
  • Options
    orbitalz2korbitalz2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Many people have come and gone, there is still a good amount of people. Kind of like the Defiance, it had a drop off but as they patch and fix stuff people have come back a lot. Most of the guild I was in on NW has quit though, many seem to be kinda bad about game hopping.
  • Options
    tomalusstomaluss Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got to 60, atm Im only raising leadership. I made an alt started to play it, but then I saw some people exploiting all classess to 60 in like 2-3 hours using the graveyard exploit. After that the game was kinda ruined for me and I quit. ( I reported the issue 20 days ago).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    usually the viewership in twitch was aound 3-5k during my primetime hours. Now its less than 100. Were a lot of level 60's banned?
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Thought provoking heh ?

just another thought,why should players care ?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usually the viewership in twitch was aound 3-5k during my primetime hours. Now its less than 100. Were a lot of level 60's banned?

A <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of them were, but they are still around, everytime you see a May 2013 account predicting doom or making snarky comments you can pretty much bet he was a banned 60 in another life.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of them were, but they are still around, everytime you see a May 2013 account predicting doom or making snarky comments you can pretty much bet he was a banned 60 in another life.

Because there is nothing wrong with this game ?

Seriously,thanks man, forum comedy is all that keeps me around.,
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Less hype. And honestly, it's boring to watch someone play an MMO, it's not like a MOBA match.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Because there is nothing wrong with this game ?

Seriously,thanks man, forum comedy is all that keeps me around.,

I don't remember anyone saying that the game didn't have issues, perhaps you would like to check out my posts on lack of armor variations, traps being a non entity or the serious GWF problem. Acknowledging problems and offering constructive criticism and acting like a jerk, insulting anyone who has anything positive to say is a huge difference.

Also the player population did not decrease, but you are seeing a lot less forum "bridge dwellers" they are shouting their opinion from third party websites now.

I can't wait to see who gets the axe next.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    Thought provoking heh ?

just another thought,why should players care ?

It's a poor concern troll attempt, nothing to see here, you get them with all games
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You mean like OP?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hmmm i'm an avid twitch user and was just surprised by the huge drop off in viewership
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm i'm an avid twitch user and was just surprised by the huge drop off in viewership
    I doubt anyone will know for sure why it's dropped but from what i've seen Enclave seems as crowded as ever
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Nothing last for long on twitch unless its SC II or LOL. Despite the latest sky is falling predictions I have actually noticed more folks on my shard especially at night, and if you point that out you get some such hyperbole as "It's bots and gold sellers!" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I didnt even know TWITCH was a thing till this thread.
    Yeah I cant say its a good indicator of this games population.

My toaster doesn't know about Neverwinter ...this game is doomed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

My toaster doesn't know about Neverwinter ...this game is doomed.

That would make a awesome signature :D
  • Options
    jdrivejdrive Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will never understand this fad of watching people play video games as a form of entertainment. People are weird.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jdrive wrote: »
    I will never understand this fad of watching people play video games as a form of entertainment. People are weird.

It's actually a dying fad that the industry refuses to admit to. A great example is one of my local pubs use to have E-sports nights and they were packed, a year later he can't get ten people to show up, talking to friends in southern california and Boston it's pretty much the same story. The issue is venture capitalist have dropped a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of money in it so you are going to be seeing inflated hype about it's popularity....in two years it will go the way of American Gladiator
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That would make a awesome signature :D

Done and done :)
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ummmm yea... have you been under a rock? You'll get the usual fanboiee responses saying no but look at these forums. Look in game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Done and done :)

Yay!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Ummmm yea... have you been under a rock? You'll get the usual fanboiee responses saying no but look at these forums. Look in game.

Doomcry all you want, cry your bitter tears into your pillow because you feel you have been wronged somehow it's hilarious.

Also you see a lot less ranting on the forums because many of them no longer have the ability to post, I'm sure they will get to you soon...but you will just come back with a shiney new account because this game has power over you.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doomcry all you want, cry your bitter tears into your pillow because you feel you have been wronged somehow it's hilarious.

Also you see a lot less ranting on the forums because many of them no longer have the ability to post, I'm sure they will get to you soon...but you will just come back with a shiney new account because this game has power over you.

Bwhahahahahah omg good stuff, good stuff.

For one these forums are LITTERED with unhappy customers. I've never seen a gaming forum so filled with complaints.. It's already surpassed the recent Sim City release.

The fact is, most of the people I know have quit playing and are in limbo waiting to see if this game can recover. Extrapolate that across all the people that have paid money for this. Not to mention people have already trickled back to whatever game they left. Wow, GW2, LOTRO, TSW all reporting recent population boosts, hell even Darkfall.

Fanboys crack me up. Your that guy on the mast of asinking ship shouting its not going down.
  • Options
    jdrivejdrive Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I've yet to be all on my lonesome in game. There are literally people running around everywhere. You can't take 10 steps without running into someone, unless you're in an instance. Zone chat in town moves so fast you can't read it all.

And I guess by "look at the forums" you're referring to all of the spazzes trying to get a refund for founders packs. I've yet to see one that doesn't come across as a whiny, entitled, spoiled brat. Founders packs just are not worth the price, so I have to assume that the people that bought them did so to support the game, with the rewards being secondary. The alternative is that they just didn't care about cost vs reward and blew the money anyway. Demanding a refund in either of those cases is laughable, especially after they've already played through the entire game and used the rewards. It's also a loophole to further bork the economy with the AD that come with the packs. "Hey look, I can throw a few million AD around, then chargeback! It's flawless!"

And no, I'm not a fanboy. I have an inherent hatred for games that go "open beta" while charging real money for anything, especially coming from an established developer. It's basically saying "Hey, we don't have enough faith in our product to fully back it so we'd like YOU to help us pay for its development...what do you say?" But even so, the sky is not falling and Neverwinter is not doomed.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Actually most of us stopped "ranting" cause we saw cryptic didn't give a **** and finally called it quits. Seeing as how we don't play the game anymore there's no reason to make posts even though I can very much still do so. Only reason I came was to check why the launcher triggered my virus detection. Turns out they upgraded it to 64 bit because 64 bit cheat engine was undetectable and being used to change client side game values to hilarious results.

Good to see Cryptic still fails at making a game that passes even the basic test of not being able to be edited with a simple flash game hack tool. Loving the oblivious circle jerk that's alive and well on the forums though.

Enjoy the Foundry.