test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'M SICK & TIRED OF LEAVERS!!! <----:mad:

kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Leavers:

1. Stops your process in the game time.
2. They wasting your time.
3. They wasting your gold on kits & pots.
4. They make you feel like a big joke
5. I hope they get hit by a bus
6. I hope they get c@ncer..l..

First of all I will say thx to cryptic for not making a Auto que system and fu leavers fu you so much..l..

too all the respons for: Well they play for fun, and if the it not goes so well and 1 shotting every single boss, then its not fun.. so they leave and so would I.. FU 2

I playing for fun, and my fun is to not waste others TIME AND GOLD and so on.. I got RESPECT for others players TIME . And yes I am mad, and so are others!

I hope cryptic fixs this, leavers need a ban que if they leave like in wow.. you get 30min ban que- this game needs alot more then 30min ban que.
Post edited by kejser91 on

Comments

• kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whilst I do feel your pain you need to try and think of it from the other side too.

If they try a few times and things are not improving then it is sensible to call it a day and move on. Repeating the same thing over and over without changing things and expecting a different outcome is foolish, and sometimes the thing that needs to change is the party members.

By trying to force them to stay when that particular party would not succeed in what they attempting is stopping their progress in game, wasting their time, wasting their gold on kits and pots, making them feel like a big joke.

What NEEDS to happen is for cryptic to hurry up with their fixes to the grouping tools so that better balanced parties are made and replacements are possible when someone quits.
  • kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    yep agreed
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kejser91 wrote: »
    Leavers:

First of all I will say thx to cryptic for not making a Auto que system and fu leavers fu you so much..l..

too all the respons for: Well they play for fun, and if the it not goes so well and 1 shotting every single boss, then its not fun.. so they leave and so would I.. FU 2

I playing for fun, and my fun is to not waste others TIME AND GOLD and so on.. I got RESPECT for others players TIME . And yes I am mad, and so are others!

I hope cryptic fixs this, leavers need a ban que if they leave like in wow.. you get 30min ban que- this game needs alot more then 30min ban que.

Blame the developers not the people that leave becuz you're playing horrible and your team is full of low geared downsy kids that can't move out of the " fire " .
  • xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course blame the developers.
    All games have a way to discourage leavers except this one.
  • kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Blame the developers not the people that leave becuz you're playing horrible and your team is full of low geared downsy kids that can't move out of the " fire " .

you dont know <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>' go click more that leave buttom low boy
  • feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    You should edit your OP so it doesn't hurt my eyes to read. I do agree leavers are really bad.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im going to leave this thread....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leavers:

I agree with point 1 to 4. As to points 5 and 6 well I must say get the hell over it, this is a game and wishing that one anyone for quitting a delve makes you far far far worse than they are.

You need to complain at the right people which are the devs and management, they are the ones that gave us this stupid frakking grouping system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • velourianvelourian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you mean by "leavers?" People who leave dungeons?
    If that is the case, only go with people you trust. I am not being a smart alec.
    I am low level and am not looking for a guild, so I don't think "leavers" would affect me much at this point. I have not come across people who leave.
    How does it make you lose gold?
    How are people 1-hitting bosses?
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic needs to have current missions gain up to the 5 players, if 1 or more leave/drop.
  • b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I get from the OP is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM
    He is the scot tenorman character.

Naive people like the OP

1. Stops my progess in the game, because repeated failing means you will succeed somehow.
    2. Wasting everyone's time.
    3. OP was an idiot, cause if they leave they can save the money in kits and pots instead of "Come on guys, we can do it!" childish mentality.
    4. Only the OP is a big joke, everyone else walked out since the comedian was terrible.
    5. OP gets hit by a parked bus, how that is possible is unknown since the vehicle wasn't moving.
    6. OP won't get cancer, but will suffer from high blood pressure and butt hurt syndrom after taking a video game too seriously.

First of all I will say thx to cryptic for not making a game where I can solo the entire content of without players in my group, 4 NPC pets would be far more effective since even with crappy AI at least I would know its my fault and I cannot blame someone else for their incompetence, OP for example would make me want to leave ASAP after their whining or inability to simply DPS or heal fast enough.

In response to the OP's response about someone else's fun...yeah its not fun wasting my time. Humans by nature are looking out for numero uno, not the other guy. Even at the basic core, it is yourself that is enjoying having a good time cause there is no way you can make someone else enjoy how they spend their time.

I playing for fun, and my fun is to not waste others TIME AND GOLD and so on.. I got RESPECT for others players TIME . And yes I am mad, and so are others! <-- this would stay, cause leaving is...either ending it out right or opening a que slot for someone who may actually carry the team. Unlike the rest of the world, at least I can recognize my own failings and step back so that someone else can succeed where I fail.

I hope cryptic fixs this, by actually making a game where mobs don't spam wave after wave. Where the boss is one fat punching bag, with hard hitting attacks on short timers and those minion packs are just lighting up the floor with red shapes that it looks like a Hollywood event (Garrundar the Vile, 40-45 range skirmish. So much red floor and knockback / push around!). Or that something like a timer is put in to make it harder, so that if you cannot beat it in the time period than everyone is banned from repeating any que for 30 minutes...you fail together you fall together.

Until that time, I should not be forced to join a PUG where there is a 15% chance of success and 85% failure (don't expect to succeed, thats just childish wishing) with punishment. Humans do not work well together, until they have actually worked together...mechanic would be useless as an assistant for a heart surgeon but given the proper training in a few years it may actually work.
    kiralia wrote: »
    Whilst I do feel your pain you need to try and think of it from the other side too.

If they try a few times and things are not improving then it is sensible to call it a day and move on.

^^ understands, nothing is perfect in this word. Unlike the OP, they are not naive. Its like having a significant other where things don't work out...you divorce or get another GF/BF...you move on with your life.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im going to leave this thread....

lol made me chuckle
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In most game, if you leave during Dungeon Instance run with other party member you will get a penalty buff that won't let you que for Dungeon anymore for 30 minutes to 1 hours. They should really implement this because people keep abusing it, and if they see people don't one shot everything down they leave and que again and we are the one that got screwed, not this lame dungeon leaver.
  • bigtank10kbigtank10k Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I havent read the thread but all that really needs to be done is add an option to fill group while in dungeon... just queue if someone leaves so that we can continue the dungeon... i had to do mad dragon 6x today bcuz of pople leaving and if we could just queue to fill the 1 spot it would of been so much more efficient...
  • kavalekavale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I was going to just leave this thread till I came across one post talking about dungeons. I don't mind leavers in dungeons cause most of the time it's just a chance to get some other pos that still doesn't know what he's doing. Get over it, this game is still new and people get better over time.

HOWEVER,
    Those motherf'rs who leave in PvP... That right there deserves a ban que. Not no 30min bullsh!t either. At least 1hr. 10+ pvp games out of about 30 and I have had anywhere from a 1v5 to a 4v5. Those a$$holes need to get a good ban.

(Oh and I think there is a way to re-que cause I hopped into a group that was right before the 1st boss already when I joined)
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I join a Castle Never group and there's one or two people getting insta-gibbed by the the first couple of packs of tiny zombies & skeletons then it's pointless to continue so I'll leave.

I'd rather waste 10-15 minutes of my time and find a stronger group rather than 2 hours and a stack of kits/pots *shrugs*

It seems that two types of players leave dungeons, ones that feel they are far too strong or far too weak to fit in to a particular group.
  • ross123321ross123321 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A 30 minute penalty from rejoining the queue/instances, or a cost of 10k astral diamonds would fix the problem. Teams of 2 cleric, 2 tr, 2 cw ect should also be temorarily banned, until class balance is sorted. To encourage group variety and fairness.
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    I'd have to agree with the OP. There is nothing worse then going thru a 45 minute dungeon, only to try the last boss once and people go "derp derp, I'm leaving". I just wanna slap em. If you were going to leave all along, GTFO at the start. **** kids. And the PVP thing, I don't even waste my time now, they all leave in that one too.

Need a fricken deserter debuff, for sure. Grow some dedication for gawd sake.
  • aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please add A type of Vote system boot a person out of group, So can avoid by being booted by just the leader. I find many people are being rude and not allowing a person to grab the chest in a DD. It is wrong and It should stop.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A simple solution to this problem would be to allow invites to the dungeon regardless of how long the dungeon has been active. So if someone leaves mid way in you can replace them with someone else either in que or looking for party system. But then again looking for party system needs to be revised.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ross123321 wrote: »
    A 30 minute penalty from rejoining the queue/instances, or a cost of 10k astral diamonds would fix the problem.

How would you suggest this is implemented, I presume you'd need a voting system to disband the group before anyone was allowed to leave?

I for one would still rather suffer the consequences of this than deal with being trapped in a dungeon with 4 clowns who have no idea what they're doing so I'm not sure how this would be an effective deterrent.

What about disconnections, what about players that genuinely have to leave because of real life issues, etc etc?

krumple01 wrote: »
    A simple solution to this problem would be to allow invites to the dungeon regardless of how long the dungeon has been active. So if someone leaves mid way in you can replace them with someone else either in que or looking for party system. But then again looking for party system needs to be revised.

IMO this is a good idea as long as level & gear score requirements so that playyers can't abuse the feature to power level alts.

aiaus wrote: »
    Please add A type of Vote system boot a person out of group, So can avoid by being booted by just the leader. I find many people are being rude and not allowing a person to grab the chest in a DD. It is wrong and It should stop.

Yup again this is something that needs to be addressed... leader wants boss loot for himself and kicks the rest of the group after the kill. Not sure what they could do to fix this, perhaps lock the party in after a boss kill until the loot has been rolled and DD chest opened.
  • neverwinters02neverwinters02 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He is mad LOL

You should be a GWF geting kicked from almost groups just for being GWF and geting like 1 hour queues and praying to dont get kicked.

Ahh and dont forget queue system making groups with no cleric, a few min ago just got a group with no cleric on idris, boss down i almost soloed him while guardian taunts hulks and kite them
  • malcryzmalcryz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I've had enough of this matter and the people that cause it so here comes a small rant on the matter. While people who ninjaloot and leave are an issue of their own, the other one are these people who display behavior that clearly shows they're not innocent either. Namely, death-wishers.

First off, don't invite bad karma upon yourself by spouting such things out every which way you look - all it does is make the rest of your point less impactful and you seem tasteless, mean, spiteful and far far too attached to a game. Isn't it quite delusional to think that anything a normal player is capable of doing in this game deserves a death penalty in real life? =/

And second. People who behave this way, please get this through your thick, self-entitled skulls: You are most likely the reason people leave your parties.

I know this might be hard to digest, but your kind does not have the right to deal out death sentences to other people, you do not get to say who has the right to live or die. Getting angry in a virtual world does not make you a god of the physical one.
    So please, stop this nonsense already and just focus on the issue itself, not on being so extreme and toxic. Odds are, from experience, the person who throws around death sentences so easily, does that also when anyone does anything else wrong. If you're capable, think about how fun your kind are to be with in a party.Who would want to stay with a person who might explode at any second and start telling you to die in real life for every mistake you make? Also, people do leave for actual reasons too. How about a sudden power outage when there's something wrong at the supplier's end? Or, that the party has one or more people whose attitude and behavior are causing the leaver to want to go, such as yourself? But perhaps, that is just completely out of question because people who wish death to others this easily are obviously the purest epitomes of compassion, comradery and joyful company.

You're literally hoping the person you know almost nothing about ceases to exist forever. If you can, please - think about that and what it says about you. And don't just dismiss it by saying "you weren't serious" - a normal person doesn't spout such stuff so easily in any situation... :')
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PSSST word is guilds are a great place to find likeminded friends who will help your group into dungeons without the fear of ninjas and quitters.......while not a perfect answer one must not pug to avooid PUG issues more often then naught.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    They aren't always leavers in the case of dungeons, had a guy tonight need on an item he couldn't use, I gave him one chance, he needed again on a second item he couldn't use so I booted him. No warning no discussion just right click kick from party, I refuse to explain to people why needing on everything is ignorant.

Now if your talking about PvP, then yes I agree, although it can be frustrating of half your team is afk.
    18.jpg
  • kimblogiekimblogie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree to that
  • sarkeansarkean Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pvp - leavers, afkers and bots are all as bad as each other. Dungeons I agree with the comment it seems mainly those that are too strong or too weak drop. But it does also drive me nuts when people drop after 1 or 2 attempts on a boss after over 30 mins in a dungeon. Just before this patch, we had two fails on spellplague despite it being 1st time for most of us, during delve, and that we seemed to have it down except we didn't know about the disappearing floor so 2 of us got done by that. CW just buggers off. Luckily we 4-manned it successfully the 3rd try.

To be reasonable, people have different patience thresholds and fair enough. Allow new people to be recruited in until the last boss is killed. Add a message to those invited if its not an invite to a dungeon just beginning. Pop up a message to say the group is on boss x of however many bosses and how many attempts they've made. Opting not to join doesn't penalise that person from their queue.Let groups recruit replacements but warn people what they're in for.
  • theawesomeone111theawesomeone111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think players should get a buff if someone leaves to make up for it. like a 20% bonus in attack defence and hp
  • wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velourian wrote: »
    What do you mean by "leavers?" People who leave dungeons?
    If that is the case, only go with people you trust. I am not being a smart alec.
    I am low level and am not looking for a guild, so I don't think "leavers" would affect me much at this point. I have not come across people who leave.
    How does it make you lose gold?
    How are people 1-hitting bosses?

There is still a bug that lets GF one hit everything..(not to mention infinite stam for everyone, forever guard on GF..on and on..)

I am not going to discuss the exploit here (dont want to get banned)..

just google it.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leavers:

OP I agree with you but you need to relax. End of the day its only a game and not worth getting into such a rage about.