test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stalwart Bulwark Set

mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Can someone tell me if this is a bugged T1 set or is it just really good gear that we can use from 38 onwards that overpowers many of the later sets?

I bought the one piece I could afford today since it was 5kAD on a 3min till time out. And what and upgrade it was.
Post edited by mhblis1 on

Comments

• Options
    shadok92shadok92 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since damage is necessary to hold threat, Stalwart Bulwark is currently our BiS gear set. Honestly, I don't think the devs realized just how amazing it was compared to every single other set when they created the set bonus. No other T1 or T2 sets come anywhere near Stalwart Bulwark, it's literally mathematically impossible in reference to damage. The level requirement for the pieces is honestly probably a bug. That, or they thought it would be cute to give T1 armor low level requirements and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off perfectionists like myself who get bugged by the fact that we need to wear low level armor with ****ty stats just so we can have a useful set bonus.
  • Options
    rb1641rb1641 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone confirm that you can or can not use this at 38?
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes u can but only 1 part of set other parts are for 42 , 49 and 50 + level so whole set can be useable around 52 ~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cariborne666cariborne666 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really feel they should move the 4set to a Higher Level Set, and not quite as huge. 2% and stacking 5 times seems a bit better once they get Threat under control, otherwise people will just stay with this gear all the time.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shadok92 wrote: »
    Since damage is necessary to hold threat, Stalwart Bulwark is currently our BiS gear set. Honestly, I don't think the devs realized just how amazing it was compared to every single other set when they created the set bonus. No other T1 or T2 sets come anywhere near Stalwart Bulwark, it's literally mathematically impossible in reference to damage. The level requirement for the pieces is honestly probably a bug. That, or they thought it would be cute to give T1 armor low level requirements and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off perfectionists like myself who get bugged by the fact that we need to wear low level armor with ****ty stats just so we can have a useful set bonus.

Yeaahh you can do more damage with other sets.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Timeless hero for egzample
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ok so it's T1? but the low requirements is probably a bug. Until you can farm for Timeless it is pretty much BiS which means as a GF I could be effectively be end game geared by 52?

As a side note the weapon is only 38 as well.
    ---

My next questions are these.

1. The steel and unicorn affixes do they count as part of the set?
    2. Do they drop out of the same instance meaning you can get screwed out of a set piece?
  • Options
    dubimiredubimire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have searched and I cant find out exactly where this set comes from(what instances drop each piece). Can someone post a link or give some insight where this gear comes from?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dubimire wrote: »
    I have searched and I cant find out exactly where this set comes from(what instances drop each piece). Can someone post a link or give some insight where this gear comes from?

Helm - Mad Dragon
    Chest - Idris
    Gloves - Cloak Tower
    Boots - Crag Crypts

Youtube Channel

• Options
    shadok92shadok92 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Anyone who uses Timeless Hero in PvE apparently failed math in school. It is mathematically impossible for the set to do more damage than Stalwart Bulwark if used correctly, the way that the instances on Timeless Hero stack from encounters makes it physically impossible to do more damage if you have all of the same gear as someone else aside from your actual 4 piece. However, you do have the potential to hit harder in PvP under the right circumstances since PvP relies more on burst than sustained damage. In PvE the burst from Timeless Hero is roflmfao bad compared to the sustained damage from Stalwart Bulwark.
  • Options
    chunkienoodle26chunkienoodle26 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well show us your math then.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Helm - Mad Dragon
    Chest - Idris
    Gloves - Cloak Tower
    Boots - Crag Crypts

I also got a pair of boots from T2 Frozen from DD chest.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shadok92 wrote: »
    Anyone who uses Timeless Hero in PvE apparently failed math in school. It is mathematically impossible for the set to do more damage than Stalwart Bulwark if used correctly, the way that the instances on Timeless Hero stack from encounters makes it physically impossible to do more damage if you have all of the same gear as someone else aside from your actual 4 piece. However, you do have the potential to hit harder in PvP under the right circumstances since PvP relies more on burst than sustained damage. In PvE the burst from Timeless Hero is roflmfao bad compared to the sustained damage from Stalwart Bulwark.

Math doesnt always translate to real life buddy. If you're running with a competent group you won't be getting hit enough to keep the stacks up for every encounter. Even if you do, which you shouldn't, a normal pull lasts for ~10 seconds before the mobs die and your burst in 10 seconds with Timeless is better than the sustained damage Stalwart has. The only time I get keep full stacks and fights last long enough for the damage to meet Timeless is on multi golem pulls in Frozen Heart.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    odrzyja0odrzyja0 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much GS i would have in Bulwark compared to Timeless ? its show any difference ? i know GS is pointless but im curious

including lesser soulforge, mid plaguefire, cat and all enchants 6 lvl
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

STOP. We're talking about PvE here. Timeless is only more dmg vs bosses where you don't get hit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    odrzyja0 wrote: »
    How much GS i would have in Bulwark compared to Timeless ? its show any difference ? i know GS is pointless but im curious

including lesser soulforge, mid plaguefire, cat and all enchants 6 lvl

Timeless will give you a ****load more GS. Less dps though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well show us your math then.

[url]Https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ar5bzJruCOoOdC11aG5nNnRDdE8xaEdhSVhLMHB0Nmc&output=xls[/url]

This is not 100% accurate yet, but it's close enough.

Sorry for not using multiquote, didn't know there were so many confused individuals.
  • Options
    lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    I just finished my stalwart set today and am a little confused. Using my mixmatch armor set I had equipped gave me around 6k power, switching to stalwarts brings me down to a little over 3k power and that`s with the cong tree and combat superiority. Now I know my damage will be less until I start getting hit and it is noticeably less that I can tell the difference. My problem is that once the procs off the stalwart go off and stack I get around 9-10k power and my damage really isn`t going up per hit or improving. I thought my damage would at least spike up to the area it was when I used my mixmatch set for the duration of the buff but it isn`t. I do get more survivability with the stalwart but even with max stacks of the buff that give me 4k more power then the mixmatch set I am still doing less damage then with the mixmatch set.

I know the set was adjusted because it gave too much power but for me I am not seeing any increase in damage dealt but actually less damage on my hits. It`s taken a few weeks to get the set completed and am disappointed at the result. Has anyone else encountered this?