test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Never Epic - Great Weapon Fighter

swingbrnswingbrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Something needs to be done about this issue. I LFG all day in zone chat for a castle Never group, I have a 12k GS GWF and have completed all epic dungeons multiple times with pick up groups in the dungeon finder.

When I q up for Castle Never it takes about 20-40 mins to find a group, ok that's fine. When I join the dungeon people starting shooting their mouths off that a GWF is in group and then either A: kick me, or B; just leave.

Does anybody else have this issue with the zone? whats so **** bad about having a GWF in your group in this zone. I have seen the videos on the boss fights and I can only assume that because there isn't a way to exploit the last boss with a GWF that people don't want one in group?.

I am getting seriously discouraged trying to experience this zone and further my character.

What the problem with GWF in Castle Never?
Post edited by swingbrn on

Comments

• tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely nothing. People are dumb and decided that GWF were bad because a lot of bad players that wants a big <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sword chose to be GWF. Would you like to join our guild on Mindflayer with your GWF? You are more than welcomed to do Castle Never runs with us. Our cleric loves GWF because they are the only ones that can consistently clear the trash mobs on her.
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What the problem with GWF
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing. People are dumb and decided that GWF were bad because a lot of bad players that wants a big <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sword chose to be GWF. Would you like to join our guild on Mindflayer with your GWF? You are more than welcomed to do Castle Never runs with us. Our cleric loves GWF because they are the only ones that can consistently clear the trash mobs on her.

Terrible CW's then lol.
  • swingbrnswingbrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd join you in a heartbeat but I don't think that PW allows transfers do they?, I am currently on Beholder.
    edited May 2013
    What the problem with GWF

Terrible CW's then lol.

Nope. CWs are forced to stand still to cast their spells. Our cleric usually has the boss on her *** too so she can't stand still. When you have a boss chasing you and all the adds as well, GWF does a much better job of efficiently clearing the trash. Our CW is good, but he can't perfectly clean out all the adds by himself, especially in the epic instances.
    edited May 2013
    swingbrn wrote: »
    I'd join you in a heartbeat but I don't think that PW allows transfers do they?, I am currently on Beholder.

That sucks. We invited a GWF to our guild today so that he can do the epic instances with us. More GWFs = more fun for our clerics. Doesn't need as much healing as CW and can clear the trash mobs on her just fine.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That is really crummy. I haven't done CN yet (just hit 9200gs on my CW), but I know people have completed it with GWFs and GFs in grp. I think you may be forced to find a guild for real, until they fix the class(es). People have the idea that they MUST have 2 clerics, 2 wiz and a rogue (I think that's the combo they want).

As always, the fastest easiest route is the only one people want to take, even to the point of not doing a run if it means doing it the intended way. It's the internet, this is a f2p game, and this company has done a terrible job of balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Just make it so astral shield doesn't stack and I guarantee you that parties will gladly accept GWFs. The problem right now is that many groups goes with 2 clerics, stacks astral shields, don't have to worry about trash mobs chasing them because all they have to do is tank in the center while the CWs clears everything.

If they played the game without using astral shield stacking, they'd be like our party:

Cleric, Rogue, CW, GF, GWF. Like I said before, GWF is a boss at clearing trash mobs on the move. Clerics wouldn't be standing still if they didn't have the option of astral shield stacking.
  • okarinokarin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope. CWs are forced to stand still to cast their spells. Our cleric usually has the boss on her *** too so she can't stand still. When you have a boss chasing you and all the adds as well, GWF does a much better job of efficiently clearing the trash. Our CW is good, but he can't perfectly clean out all the adds by himself, especially in the epic instances.

yup, terrible CW like the guy said.

why would u need dps from gwf when u can just knock **** off the cliff?

as for op, it's better off you just join a guild so you can do castle never inb4 kicked.
    edited May 2013
    okarin wrote: »
    yup. terrible CW like the guy said.

why would u need dps from gwf when u can just knock **** off the cliff?

Because they fixed it for most of the dungeons and will fix it for the rest. Unlike you, we work with the classes we have. We don't deny our guildie the party just because it's easier with a specific class.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty surprised that you made it to 12k gs and castle never queues before meeting the anti-GWF crowd.

Either way, CW does everything GWF does but better. I would still take you in a group personally, if there wasn't already a GWF in group. 2 GWFs would be just too much gimp for me.
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    find a premade. problem solved.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
    edited May 2013
    I don't really consider knocking stuff off a bug if you can be knocked off as a player, but:

Your CW should be able to singularity back to back to back, so running around or standing still it doesn't really matter. They'll do more damage in between their singularities than a GWF will and they'll keep the mobs from ever really doing anything to anyone.

If your CW's cannot accomplish perma singularity then they are bad or geared improperly.
    edited May 2013
    I don't really consider knocking stuff off a bug if you can be knocked off as a player, but:

Your CW should be able to singularity back to back to back, so running around or standing still it doesn't really matter. They'll do more damage in between their singularities than a GWF will and they'll keep the mobs from ever really doing anything to anyone.

If your CW's cannot accomplish perma singularity then they are bad or geared improperly.

You're a troll dude. Singularity is a daily. Back to back to back? really? Want to show me a video of a CW doing back to back to back singularity?
  • comaetilicocomaetilico Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    You're a troll dude. Singularity is a daily. Back to back to back? really? Want to show me a video of a CW doing back to back to back singularity?

singularity every 8 second with other aoe CC between every singularity... is something that is quite easy to do with t2 gear... (I think that 8 second can actually be considered back to back... u can even achive better result but that will require more fine tuning... but still possible)

here a simply way to achive it...

1) high recovery (both to reduce encounter cd and action point gain)... easy to stack for CW since most of the CW set have plenty of them u should not have problem to go over 3k (other calsses can do this too but for CW it is much easier... and if u got a cat or stone going over 4k is just a walk in the park but u don't actually need them to get to 3k... so that should be necessary only if u want to achive even shorter gap between one singulairty and the other...)
    2) aoe encounter... in particular shield and steal time... generate huge amount of AP when they hit multiple mob... just fire shield during singularity (mob will be pulled back inside if u time it well so u will not be scattering them) with full arcane stak in order to have short cd (full arcane stack = 1/2 base cd that will already be reduced by your int+wis+recovery... so it will probably drop below 8 second and u shold be able to fire it every time u fire a singularity...)... and steal time and/or other aoe CC once the mobs came out of it... u will find your AP bar already full...

just cycle the above descripted skill and fire singularity every time u have them out of cd... that as explained should be heavily reduced...

unfortunately many CW go for a full out dps build... this mean high CHA in place of WIS... that provide both action point gain and CD reduction... and that explain why people got problem in chaining singularity if u like to have more in depth explanation just hop into the CW class forum and take a look there are a few tread about this argument that explain the above mantioned combo in greater details... ^^

PS: I will not even take into consideration the presence of a GF using the AP boost skill... that will turn every use of an AoE CC into a full charge of AP for a CW with the above mentioned build ^^'

PPS: GF can actually do quite the same thing by using 2 encounter... "into the fray" and "knight's valor"... into the fray greatly boost the ap gain... Knight valor give lot of AP for every target u apply the buff... if u get ot cover your whole party with knight valor under the effect of into the fray u will have almost full bar of AP... if u stacked recovery (that is quite convenient for GF) u can achive a full bar by simply firing those 2 skills... your only limit into firing daily will be the CD on "knight's recovery"... and so I suggest to not rank that skill (it is also bugged and often it doesn't apply its effect even if it sill confer the ap boost) in order for it to end sooner and so get out of cd sooner, unfortuntely they don't have daily skill like singularity that can bosst that much their efficency (read as aggro holding)... but a perma villan's menace is still quite usefull ^^'

I actually don't know of a similar way to achive as much fast AP gain with GWF and DC but have heard (but not tested yet) that TR have their own AP gen trick ^^
    edited May 2013
    You can get AP at a similar speed on GWF but Slam last 12s anyway, so you've got some time to recharge it. In a big fight, you can usually keep it up 100% of the time. It requires a lot of adds to recharge though, similar to Unstoppable.

The thing that always makes me laugh about DPS CW's who can't chain singularity is that the Recovery CW's do more damage than them :D
    edited May 2013
    ^ Yeah I don't play CW so I didn't know 8 second singularity, but you're right, most CW goes all out dps.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ Yeah I don't play CW so I didn't know 8 second singularity, but you're right, most CW goes all out dps.

Well most of the CWs can't read the class description , so what else is new .
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because people have been flooding the forums with 'GWF sux!' for a while now, so everyone believes it now. Blame the people saying GWF is the worst class in the game for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    screw the truth
    edited May 2013
    Because people have been flooding the forums with 'GWF sux!' for a while now, so everyone believes it now. Blame the people saying GWF is the worst class in the game for that.

well... while it is true that most people just badmouth GWF based on forum talk... it is also true that the class is actually subpar in his own role... (and this is just a math talking... )

YES u can achive good result with a GWF... yes u can even top a TR in dps... but u'r putting much more effort and ability into doing it than the avarage player (that is what u'r comparing to)... if u put the same effort and ability into a CW or TR u will see the gap between those classes efficiency... i simply propose a little experiment...

1 ) find a friend that play NWO and have a TR or CW (A friend u can trust... not some guild mate u first spoke to a couple days ago...) with an avarage equip quality equal to yours... (unles u'r full t3 equipped that should be quite easy)
    2 ) run a few T2 dung toghether (possibly with the same group to avoid other external factor)...
    3 ) take notice of partial and total dps... clear speed... death... problem occurred
    4 ) exchange your account
    5 ) rune a couple of T2 dung to get a hand on the new character...
    6 ) run again the same dung of step 2 (again if u can get to do that with same party of step 2 it will help to avoid external factor)
    7 ) once again take notice of the above mentione data
    8 ) make a comparison between the data and feel u both get out of those runs...

this will help to get yourself a clear idea of how balanced those 3 classes are... even better would be to actually roll yourself the other classes in order to have a better understanding of the mechanics and skill usage... but it is a bit more time consuming...
  • vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Your experiment sucks and you should feel bad. It wouldn't lead to anything but 'probably need more data'.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty easy fix: Bonus delve chest if your party has all 5 classes. Or iunno..having a GWF in the party increases drop rates by 100%.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Your experiment sucks and you should feel bad. It wouldn't lead to anything but 'probably need more data'.

by this I assume u alrady made that same experiment and realized it was useless... unless u'r saing that it just sucks because u think it sucks without any basis to back up that statement?

I on my part will be assisting (will not be doing it in first person but a couple of guild mate are going to make it and I will be part of the group they will run with) on that experiment... once it is done I will take my own conclusion about its usufulness... until than I just consider it as any other experiment... it may give out 3 result...

1) succes (prove or counter a thesis...)
    2) failure (do not produce relevant data)
    3) unpredicted (the data will give light to something that was not part of the thesis but still give insight on the presence or absence of the problem)

that is how experiment work... an experiment in not useless until it has produced no data... and there is no way to know if it will produce relevant data until u have done it... the only thing that actually prevent u form experimenting everything is the balance between expended resources and expected results... but since we'r talking of a F2P game where in the worst case scenario u have simply spent one or 2 evening of your play time... even a failure result will not mean a real loss...

^^
  • vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ^^

You enjoy suggesting stupid things don't you? Why don't you do yourself a favor and reread your own original post and tell me exactly how you would reach a satisfactory conclusion?

The answer is: you can't without deceiving yourself and thinking that the experiment was reasonable to begin with.

Well, I change my mind, you're an idiot so I'll just say this bluntly. Your "experiment" - also known as a waste of time - is too broad and doesn't cover any of the other variables that might be worth covering. Nor does it actually provide any conclusions that are are worth while or interesting.

The best you can even do is come up with a vague conclusion.

A waste of time is a waste of time. If you want to run an 'experiment' then you might want to be thorough and try to find all conditions (dungeons, party composition, power/feat compositions of all classes) that favor the GWF and which ones don't . You also want more than just a few people playing so you cover a larger sample size. You also want to parse out the data and separates trash engagements to boss engagements. Your current experiment misses so many things and the conclusions you'll come up with are misleading at best.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bananachef wrote: »
    Pretty easy fix: Bonus delve chest if your party has all 5 classes. Or iunno..having a GWF in the party increases drop rates by 100%.

The first fix would encounter some issues when teh next class is released.
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    The first fix would encounter some issues when teh next class is released.

no it wouldn't.

party that consists of no more than 1 of each class, simple rewording.
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    The problem is GWF just aren't as useful as other classes. As far as zone chat is concerned, it's the same as having a low GS.

I mean you might be great or whatever but you only have two factors to judge people from before you play with them.

If you are either the wrong class or GS you are going to get replaced.
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    As someone with all classes end game, each can hold their own, each has their pros and cons and each can do incredibly well. GWF and GF do require the most skill. What I found is(in order of easiest to hardest); TR, CW, DC, GF then GWF.

If you learn your GWF, it's worth it!
  • kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    bananachef wrote: »

omg this.... lol
  • sveguroksvegurok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no other class has that big debuff as GWF does and at same time such big AoE dmg. i play GWF and i do like. problem is that people in general are like cattle they go where the rest goes thus when there is prevailing thought that GWF sux everyone will eventually think that GWF sux. even i think that we could be buffed a bit. i dont say that TR, CW, DC, GF should be nerfed but GWF should be buffed when fighting against multiple opponents. take for instance our AoE At-Wills, Wicked Strike states that you do less damage after first target hit same goes for Weapon Master Strike which is bread and butter for all GWFs.