test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

$40.00 for a mount?

sinnergodsinnergod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title states - that is insane; while I love the game and am an old school D & D'er, I absolutely refuse to pay 30-40 bucks for a mount. Gygax would roll over in his grave if he knew about this. And I know this because I knew the man quite well.

I hope these prices will be going down or you guys will not see too many sales for these mounts.

JMHO.

Thanks,
Sinner
Post edited by sinnergod on

Comments

• Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, they are selling them aplenty. Save up your AD and buy a mount on the AH if you object. As long as people keep buying things from the shop or keys at $1.25 a pop to open lockboxes, it will not change.
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way prices will ever drop, is if players stop buying. I'm sure there is some kind of logic involved, but I do wonder what would happen if they halved all their prices. I mean would they actually lose money, or would they end up making more since more people would be inclined to purchase more?

Personally, If mounts were like $5-$10, I'd probably have a few of them, as it is, i'm not buying any at the current price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Mount is account wide, you buy it once, you can have it on 50 characters(account limit).
    2) Because you don't get to get something instantly it doesn't mean its impossible to get. I just today got enough ADs off AH to buy my last 1500 zen needed for epic one.
    3) Stop being instant gratification pricks people, you don't NEED everything NOW and if you do, you know where your wallets are, if you were to get everything instantly what would keep you playing mmos?
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Correction: 5 gold for a mount.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nah, mounts are way more expensive than 40 bucks only...

take a basic mount and calculate the amount of zen you need to buy to get it rank 3 with the 2 AD upgrades, and go whine : you'll see how right you'll be then.
  • Options
    wezaleffwezaleff Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    3) Stop being instant gratification pricks people, you don't NEED everything NOW and if you do, you know where your wallets are, if you were to get everything instantly what would keep you playing mmos?

Best quote I've read in a while. Kudos.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pay 60 bucks get the founder pack , it includes an account wide wolf companion .
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's $40 for a top mount. There are ones that cost less than that. And, there are the in-game ones.
  • Options
    thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Pay 60 bucks get the founder pack , it includes an account wide wolf companion .

Why bother? You can spend your 60 in other ways and get far more useful items than are included in the pack.

Amusing, considering the 'value' estimates in the packs.
  • Options
    sablelore015sablelore015 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This only proves what my Grandma said "Folks got more money then brains, most of the time" LOL
    "If your not having fun, Then stop doing it"

"Life is not mandatory, life is what you make it"
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Mount is account wide, you buy it once, you can have it on 50 characters(account limit).

Are you saying you pay the $40 once, and each character you make gets that mount, or are you saying you can mail the single mount you bought to a character for that character to use and just keep mailing it any time you want to use it on another character?
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still all in all 5 Gold for a 50% speed increase mount is really do able - especially if you have a cleric companion for a while to help you with the healing potion cost. After a short downturn in being able to afford healing pots it will come good (cleric companion in ah about 5k diamonds).

Cheers,
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    Are you saying you pay the $40 once, and each character you make gets that mount, or are you saying you can mail the single mount you bought to a character for that character to use and just keep mailing it any time you want to use it on another character?

Mount will be available on all toons at lvl 20.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »

I'll say it again:
    -I got 3000 zen total today for selling stuff on AH
    -I got purple horse mount
    -Once you get it you can change character, go to zen shop and it will be FREE for all your other characters to claim therefore:
    -You can get a own copy of the mount for every character you posses.

In my case I have the mount on 3 characters because my 4th is too low level, but I can still claim it for free for that character.

Couldn't type it in more simple way.
  • Options
    drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I bought $30 of Zen. Bought a mount with 80% speed for 2000 Zen I think (which is $20)

I would have been satisfied for the 5gold mount but I figured hell, why not
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Stop being instant gratification pricks people, you don't NEED everything NOW and if you do, you know where your wallets are, if you were to get everything instantly what would keep you playing mmos?

I laughed so hard :D My mount in EQ2 cost me 21 Plat. At launch that was a staggering amount of coin. Took me weeks to earn, and I loved that horse all the more for it.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    ravedgeravedge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The prices are high...yes. See that's the trick....You either invest the time to accrue astral diamonds to convert to Zen or if you are impatient, then spend your cash to get it. They are banking on your patience!!! Most gamers have none. Yes it will take a long time to get that much AD but how else would they keep you playing the game. If you pay to get your stuff, you win earlier and most likely leave earlier than anyone else. :)

PS its actually a smart business plan in my opinion.
  • Options
    xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    for about 1mill - 1,3mill AD you get 3000zen. or simply buy the lockbox mount for about 1mill ad~
  • Options
    somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    When I bought zen... I bought 20$ in chest keys, Sold 2 keys for about 65 gold total and bought a 5 gold mount, around the time my character hit 30 I noticed I never even lost gold... I actually made the entire 5 gold back so... Gold is near worthless in this game. Lesson learnt.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You dont want to buy it? awww... so.. tell me again how that matters aside from the fact that you simply wont buy it and nobody cares about that?
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Everyone knows there's lots of ways to get a mount.
    http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/308349637.html
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Gold is used primarily at end game when you have no income and are spending loads of money on potions.

I had around 400 pots accumulated by merely killing mobs as I run through a zone completing quests in the early 40's before I filed my chargeback. So unless drop rates go down by ALOT I think people could just farm mobs in the last zone.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish there is an account wide bag I can buy (BoP)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    primerib41 wrote: »
    Everyone knows there's lots of ways to get a mount.
    http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/308349637.html

Wonder if he ever got his mount?
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonder if he ever got his mount?

She. I think she did.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no need for a mount just to ride around the enclave. after lvl 60 only thing mount is good for is pvp. nothing else.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    You could, but most people don't. It's time consuming, and most people would rather spend their time doing something productive. Rather than doing something tedious so you can do something productive.

Also, 400 pots?! Seriously? By level 30, I barely had 80.

yeah man... had 400+ maybe it's because I played a DC