test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queueing up, takes 45 minutes to wait... no cleric.

13»

Comments

• pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine was better. Queueing up 30 minutes as a cleric for 3 disconnected members.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dertch wrote: »
    Do you know why people dont want to play as a cleric? Thats why.

sbhuo6.jpg

There is a lot of people like this, and most of them are playing as Rogues.
    I know i was rude, but it's really annoying.

There's the reason for the lack of clerics. Players like that guy complaining and not learning to play.

If you can't understand that cleric = discipline priest essentially. You need to l2read, l2play or just uninstall.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am a Cleric, I didn't know you could be matched with no cleric groups.

Though I gotta admit, I'm always fearful of dungeon delves... The amount of damage and pressure I have on me because all the mobs are on me is gigantic...

Please fix the cleric / tank threat issue. ASAP.

Or at least give a **** about it...
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Might find more clerics willing to queue up if the dps can learn simple mechanics and peel the adds off said clerics so they don't spend half their time kiting mobs and healing themselves. Naturally then the tunnel vision dps who can't be bothered to dodge or sprint out of the bad nor use potions will turn on said clerics and blame them when they die.

Yeah I know I'd rush to level and queue a cleric faced with that future.

PS I'm dps and Mr/Mrs Cleric, when I run to you and start swinging at the mobs, stand still a sec so I can get some of that aggro off you and I'm not wasting MY time chasing you and your pack of groupies.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    There's the reason for the lack of clerics. Players like that guy complaining and not learning to play.

If you can't understand that cleric = discipline priest essentially. You need to l2read, l2play or just uninstall.

You sir... are totally right.
    It's very hard to play as Cleric because many, many people don't understand how broken the threat is. They blame you for getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by mobs, and they blame you for not healing. And, as mentioned, you need to attack to be able to heal with our main heals.
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    I am a Cleric, I didn't know you could be matched with no cleric groups.

Though I gotta admit, I'm always fearful of dungeon delves... The amount of damage and pressure I have on me because all the mobs are on me is gigantic...

Please fix the cleric / tank threat issue. ASAP.

Or at least give a **** about it...

Maybe it's just me mind you, but i'm just not having the insane aggro issues that others have... yes I've to remind folks harshly that killing the adds on me is vital to success, and some careful use of sunbursts knockback is needed, but i'm not having every mob on me at once, and i'm often top on healing and sometimes depending on the group, on dps also. I'm not dismissing your claim I'm just curious as to both what you perceive as too much aggro, and what might be done to alleviate it.

like, what are your encounters currently, and what are your habits when it comes to skills like sunburst and astral seal (if applicable)
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PS I'm dps and Mr/Mrs Cleric, when I run to you and start swinging at the mobs, stand still a sec so I can get some of that aggro off you and I'm not wasting MY time chasing you and your pack of groupies.

Sadly, once past level 30 or so, clerics generally don't have the option on boss fights of standing still for more than a second or so or as soon as we do we're dead.
    edited May 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    Sadly, once past level 30 or so, clerics generally don't have the option on boss fights of standing still for more than a second or so or as soon as we do we're dead.

A GWF shouldn't be trying to tunnel vision a boss at all, as it goes against pretty much their core class design and feat effects. his dps would tank horribly if he were to ignore groups of adds...

He'd be playing to his strengths going out of his way to chase them, and what cleric isn't going to knockback the adds or snare them etc depending on the fight... XD
  • leheupleheup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    lol simple reason why people dont wanna do cleric in public groups = team sux and doesnt care if cleric die's, cleric consumes 5x the potions other players use, cleric takes all agro and team is shouting "heal u dumbass HEAL" ore something funky like that.

So i promote the titanic strategy somebody posted a while back,
    u spam one massive heal! u get all the agro and then u run ONE circle to see if ure team takes care of the adds, do they not, u run into them with 30 adds looking at ure *** with enjoyment and u suicide and wipe the entire team.
    This is an educational method of teaching strategy's to people that are not very eager to learn.

I play a full debuffing/cc nightmare CW, yes, all spells practically debuff the enemies BOTH AOE and SINGLE traget. With full arcane stacks (5) is deal DEVASTATING DAMAGE and am focused on crit, power and recovery.
    I ran into a group in the DD where there were 2 very vocal exploiters who had nothing but negative reinforcement to offer to the whole team, chewing us out for not knowing exploits/glitches, of which i took as a compliment.
    Thery were 2 rogues ofcorse who deemed it necesary to constantly have a go at the GF and DC......the DC would keep dieing because they would pull armound 50+ mobs in spellplague and then comment that WE were all noobs to which I found very amusing......

My point is this. Anyone who inherently doesnt see the order of importance as the following isnt qworth partying with and you should literally just leave the party and find a new one:

Cleric, Wizard, GF/GWF and finally Rogue.

No if its a new ish Rouge then 1 they need some practice and extra support which is no problem, the team adapts BUT there is NO situation that replaces the Cleric as the 1st MOST IMPORTANT asset in any team comp.

True they are relativly squishy but believe me I have seen some VERY BEASTLY TANK CLERICS just sitting there and basically taking shots to the face from both Satan and God symultaniously. Granted they may not have "healed" as much but MY GOODNESS they are uber effective, this would be the ideal setup for a "we dont care about cleric" teams.

Whereas on the flip side, if your team is "compitant" in "COMMON SENCE" then you dont have to.

This is the thinking behind me starting to roll a cleric, I will have 2 armour sets and build my own tree (dont believe in guids rather think for myself) to facilitate BOTH styles, as i have done for my CW.

Remember people, your team is only as good as the weakest link and if they are a trollish weakest link just save your pots, leave party and find another one. <--- wish life was that simple ;P
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Why do people complain in MMOS always complain about the lack of a healer or tank, and yet so few people play them......

Because healer is a job, it's work, not fun to play one. And you get yelled at all the time, by some moron, if the game lags, and your healing comes too late.
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me mind you, but i'm just not having the insane aggro issues that others have... yes I've to remind folks harshly that killing the adds on me is vital to success, and some careful use of sunbursts knockback is needed, but i'm not having every mob on me at once, and i'm often top on healing and sometimes depending on the group, on dps also. I'm not dismissing your claim I'm just curious as to both what you perceive as too much aggro, and what might be done to alleviate it.

like, what are your encounters currently, and what are your habits when it comes to skills like sunburst and astral seal (if applicable)
    I hear a lot of players (tanks and clerics) complaining about the threat issues, and Cryptic even ackowledged t on it's blog post.

It really depends... on some dungeons it's normal, some ads go for me, I can manage that. I even welcome that!

I perceive "too much aggro" when the fact that the entire boss room, including the boss, are targeting me with their attacks.
    I perceive "too much aggro" when I end up topping the "Damage taken" chart, even while standing far from the action, even when only healing (not attacking, just to see), and even when acting up like 5-10 seconds after the fight started.
    I perceive "too much aggro" when I get matched with a ongoing dungeon, and literaly getting adds on me before I can even see what's happening, because adds started attacking me at my spawning point, even before I could act.

There's been some discussion regarding that some Powers / Talents create more aggro than intended, and I've even seen tests that could mean that aggro-reducing talents actually INCREASE aggro, so that's why you might be seeing a difference. You might not have them, you might be using different powers.

I'm testing new things on each dungeon I crawl, but it's very frustrating to know I have to get into a discussion with almost every group when I politely ask them to keep the ads off me.
    edited May 2013
    xumina wrote: »
    Facts of being a healer, applies to almost all MMORPGs.

1) Any death will always be your fault including your own. Exceptions will be mob/boss death, it will always be the fault of the best dps-er for causing their death.

2) You will always be yelled at. Even when you are not even in the same zone.

3) Even if you have instant 100% heal skill with no cooldown, some idiot will always get 1 hit killed or whatever and it will still be your fault.

4) You will always be surrounded by idiots who do not know how to stay alive. Exception... me =p

5) Death by jumping off cliff will still be your fault.

:D Moral of the story... deal with it... :D

6) People do NOT wait for mass buffs you throw around you, even if you tell them to gather.

7) Barbarians go to full frenzy mode, with weapons that lower their own hitpoints for an insignifiant amount of additional damage, using skills that do more insignificant damage, investing more of their hitpoints, lowering their hitpoints faster than the cooldown phase of your full heal spell, and yelling at YOU then they consequently die.
    7a) They have not invested one point in healing amplification, that would boost the power of the healing spells cast on them.

8) The same barbarians as above think, they were the only person worth healing, because they do the most damage. They think, you are their personal healer batterie.

9) Player ignore it, if you say, you focus you mass heal spell on the tank. so be around him. They still wait for heals, preferably being out of the line of sight, cowering behind an obstacle.

Yes, I am playing a healer in MMO's too. :D

I solved some of the problems by setting the morons to "ignore". Peace and quiet, brother or sister .....
  • mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Why do people complain in MMOS always complain about the lack of a healer or tank, and yet so few people play them......

Have you tried playing them? I have. They are boring as hell and a lot of work.
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xumina wrote: »
    Facts of being a healer, applies to almost all MMORPGs.

1) Any death will always be your fault including your own. Exceptions will be mob/boss death, it will always be the fault of the best dps-er for causing their death.

2) You will always be yelled at. Even when you are not even in the same zone.

3) Even if you have instant 100% heal skill with no cooldown, some idiot will always get 1 hit killed or whatever and it will still be your fault.

4) You will always be surrounded by idiots who do not know how to stay alive. Exception... me =p

5) Death by jumping off cliff will still be your fault.

:D Moral of the story... deal with it... :D

Just remember this rule of being a healer..... lol
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    I hear a lot of players (tanks and clerics) complaining about the threat issues, and Cryptic even ackowledged t on it's blog post.

It really depends... on some dungeons it's normal, some ads go for me, I can manage that. I even welcome that!

I perceive "too much aggro" when the fact that the entire boss room, including the boss, are targeting me with their attacks.
    I perceive "too much aggro" when I end up topping the "Damage taken" chart, even while standing far from the action, even when only healing (not attacking, just to see), and even when acting up like 5-10 seconds after the fight started.
    I perceive "too much aggro" when I get matched with a ongoing dungeon, and literaly getting adds on me before I can even see what's happening, because adds started attacking me at my spawning point, even before I could act.

There's been some discussion regarding that some Powers / Talents create more aggro than intended, and I've even seen tests that could mean that aggro-reducing talents actually INCREASE aggro, so that's why you might be seeing a difference. You might not have them, you might be using different powers.

I'm testing new things on each dungeon I crawl, but it's very frustrating to know I have to get into a discussion with almost every group when I politely ask them to keep the ads off me.

I don't expect to have 100 percent freedom of aggro, there will always be something trying to bite my chainmail covered bum, for boss encounters that have add's this is even more true.

But I've noticed that some behavioral habit changes can be highly beneficial, sunburst can be used to reposition enemies via knock-back sending them back into the swirl of melee where aoe threat might peel them off, forgemasters flame is useful for kiting, and if the adds hit like trucks, your snare chain skill (useless with power names) is a good choice and works just as well at rank 1 than at rank 3, pre-casting healing word is a bad idea as anyone with experience with heal over time based healers in other MMO's will tell you, and using your divine mode channeled heal is usually quite safe as you can remain mobile while using it.

Astral seal is amazing, cannot deny that, with foresight it's some insane amount of damage reduction uptime to stack with other stuff and only serves to increase the potency of your sacred flame Temp hp procs and repurposed soul heals without having to stack power til the number makes your eyes bleed in awe, BUT spamming it on every enemy is completely unnecessary, cleric is a leader and that skill is best used on what you think the party should be encouraged to burn down, if those snaring imps are proving challenging adding AS to them, will just make it more obvious to a team, without screaming at them :P If I seal every enemy in a group and then run up to sunburst them, well... I'm hardly in a position to complain about aggro am I :P

And yes, GF feats have been reported as bugged or working inversely for ages now, we're still waiting on confirmation :(
  • lurchusalurchusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inmydot wrote: »
    Checking group composition.. No cleric

You know what you've done?

You have started the vicious class need cycle. You say you need Clerics now, so everybody goes and rolls a cleric, so they will feel wanted and loved.

However, this reduces the numbers of other classes's. Now next month your all like "We need tanks! Waited an hour and NO tanks... WTF??!!". Now everybody drops their clerics and goes and rolls a Guardian Fighter, again to feel wanted and loved.

This then takes away from other active characters, and now we are lacking in healing and DPS... so the cry goes out again.

Just face it, you're always going to be short of something. Just have to deal with it.
    edited May 2013
    But, but ..... everyone knows that Rogue is the hardest and most demanding class in the game to do well on. So why would players so selfless that they would pick such a difficult class, with no chance to come top of the DPs meters at the end of each run, have entitlement issues. It just doesn't make sense......

:)

Hm, let me think. .... I got it! It is the class, that make the most damage! Because the fighter classes are basicly trash. ! And you can dodge almost everything. Fighter can hardly move, and shields are mostly useless!
  • shad99shad99 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    as someone who runs t2's as either a cleric or wizard (both at 60, both 9.6kgs+) i can also tell you that there ar a lot of badly played clerics out there, clerics who burn all of their divine power on sun burst and offensive abilities and do not maintain permanent divine powered astral shields.

A cleric is not your divine shield bot, while my personal build is a healing one... Maybe theirs is not? Clerics are not cookie cutters and come out in exactly the same shape, just look at the cleric forums. Their are 'DPS' style cleric builds and crit focused healing builds, and more classic buffing builds, etc...
  • sydanyosydanyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a reason you can't find a healer. If you can't figure out what the reason is, look in the mirror. People are horrible. Nobody in their right mind wants to play with people. Are you people? Well then, there you go.

I would love to play an MMO, and find out that humanity consists of actual sentient and empathetic human beings with an IQ higher than that of a tomato, and the ability to feel enough humility not to think they're some imaginary god's gift to the world. Instead, almost without fail, when I queue up with random people, it's worse than watching animals at a zoo. At least animals don't do stuff out of spite.

Stop your crying for a second, you right there, whoever you are, reading this line, and answer this question:

Why would anyone want to play with you?

If you can think of a reason, then good on you. You're either so disconnected from reality you actually believe what you just typed which means it doesn't really matter what reality is, or you're actually one of the extremely rare people who what you just typed applies to.

Either way, if you think there should be healers in a group, roll one. That's the only way you'll find a healer who wants to play with you.
    lurchusa wrote: »
    so everybody goes and rolls a cleric

Trust me, they won't.
    edited May 2013
    shad99 wrote: »
    A cleric is not your divine shield bot, while my personal build is a healing one... Maybe theirs is not? Clerics are not cookie cutters and come out in exactly the same shape, just look at the cleric forums. Their are 'DPS' style cleric builds and crit focused healing builds, and more classic buffing builds, etc...

This does not interest the MMO morons in the slightest. They simply say "A healer has to heal, or he is useless". I do not know from which MMO cave these idiots come from -- I suspect WOW -- but they are very clear in their oppinion. :D
  • lurchusalurchusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sydanyo wrote: »
    Instead, almost without fail, when I queue up with random people, it's worse than watching animals at a zoo. At least animals don't do stuff out of spite.

However, some of them do throw poo, which honestly I would prefer, when compared to how some people in PUG's act.
  • skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    lol simple reason why people dont wanna do cleric in public groups = team sux and doesnt care if cleric die's, cleric consumes 5x the potions other players use, cleric takes all agro and team is shouting "heal u dumbass HEAL" ore something funky like that.

So i promote the titanic strategy somebody posted a while back,
    u spam one massive heal! u get all the agro and then u run ONE circle to see if ure team takes care of the adds, do they not, u run into them with 30 adds looking at ure *** with enjoyment and u suicide and wipe the entire team.
    This is an educational method of teaching strategy's to people that are not very eager to learn.

this happened with my lvl 31 cleric in mad dragon last boss......after I died to the stacks of imps on me they were yelling for heals I replied with I died because of adds their response was we need to kill the mages, I told them that wasn't the adds that killed me tank both said kill imps and one other add before mages. group insisted on mages in second attempt as well tank tried to come help me when imps spawned without letting boss get to out of hand everyone else on mages, I died again told them to kill the imps we go in for 3rd attempt they ignore me yet again except for tank and one of our TRs I died the other TR said I sucked and left group so we disband I usually love support or healing but after that I said screw it and rolled a GWF the other class I liked.

You want clerics you can't ignore them, I knew when adds needed to die because they were on me being ignored twice told me I wouldn't have fun in this game if people tunnel visioned like that so I deleted my DC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I generally feel like I am soloing alongside a separate party of 4 in PUGs.
    Hardly ever PUG any more. I just go on runs with a normal group.

General advice to the entire community:
    A party with it's cleric on the run is being routed. The end is near.
  • dnd80proofdnd80proof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well from what I seen with the boss fights as a healing cleric, is that even when the adds come in, they almost instantly and every single one of them agro on you, so your lone cleric is ending up tanking the whole fight, running like a school girl, tossing heals when you can, downing mass healing pots. I have the threat reduction feats and stuff and it doesn't work for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It honestly SUCKS to be the healing cleric in the group. I cant tell you how many times I die big all of those over lapping AOE attacks every mob seems to have and I only have so much stamina to dodge them.

And this is why there aren't many clerics in the queue. Can you blame them? I suspect a lot of us are putting our clerics on hold until aggro gets fixed or we find a good guild to run with exclusively, thus avoiding the typical kiddy ******bags ignoring the adds and shouting for "HLZ NUB!"
  • nazzy52nazzy52 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    dnd80proof wrote: »
    And this is why there aren't many clerics in the queue. Can you blame them? I suspect a lot of us are putting our clerics on hold until aggro gets fixed or we find a good guild to run with exclusively, thus avoiding the typical kiddy ******bags ignoring the adds and shouting for "HLZ NUB!"

YUP!! lvl 60 DC here with GS of around 9k,and I'm done healing dungeons until the aggro gets fixed.Kiting a room full of mobs and dieing is not my idea of fun.Soo i sit and wait till they fix things.Why is taking soo long for them to get a quick fix for threat??
  • shad99shad99 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mkesd wrote: »
    This does not interest the MMO morons in the slightest. They simply say "A healer has to heal, or he is useless". I do not know from which MMO cave these idiots come from -- I suspect WOW -- but they are very clear in their oppinion. :D

Ironically for me, I recall coming out of beta testing Lineage II ages ago now and rolling a completely different type of cleric then the class was designed as. I ran with paired swords and because distance affected aggro, I could dash in and engage mobs without needing taunts using heals between attacks and we could run without a 'tank' class. Heck, when I was on a roll I could even heal other people while tanking...

It was creative and fun (for awhile), but Lin 2 was all about the guild you were in and I didn't want to leave my original guild for one that was big enough to 'matter' just so I could play endgame. I caused dozens of people at least to rethink the cleric in that game though... So I sorta have a record of thinking 'outside the box'.. xD
    this happened with my lvl 31 cleric in mad dragon last boss......after I died to the stacks of imps on me they were yelling for heals I replied with I died because of adds their response was we need to kill the mages, I told them that wasn't the adds that killed me tank both said kill imps and one other add before mages. group insisted on mages in second attempt as well tank tried to come help me when imps spawned without letting boss get to out of hand everyone else on mages, I died again told them to kill the imps we go in for 3rd attempt they ignore me yet again except for tank and one of our TRs I died the other TR said I sucked and left group so we disband I usually love support or healing but after that I said screw it and rolled a GWF the other class I liked.

You want clerics you can't ignore them, I knew when adds needed to die because they were on me being ignored twice told me I wouldn't have fun in this game if people tunnel visioned like that so I deleted my DC

On my TR the only time I've ever willingly tried to do that dungeon I said the same thing. Kill the adds, imps upwards, then return to the boss. I was ignored by the ignorant masses and I tried my best to help the cleric out until I gained all the aggro and died, because I can no more tank 20 imps then they could. I gave them three tries, then I left without a word.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mkesd wrote: »
    Because healer is a job, it's work, not fun to play one. And you get yelled at all the time, by some moron, if the game lags, and your healing comes too late.

..except that's not really how healing works in NW, at all. It's not corrective spot heals, it's mostly AoE hots and damage mitigation. You're still thinking "normal MMO". If you get a lag spike, you're more likely to get eaten by the vast crowd of angry mobs than miss a heal- they're not very time-critcal in a fine-grained sense in this game.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rezargamer wrote: »
    Well if you had gotten me as a Cleric in your group it would have been the same, I'm not specced for healing.

As with my Cleric, my only healing would have come from divinity. I do more debuffs and such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Guardian Fighter has very quick pops atm - lv 44.

I do not know if it is the role or the level - maybe the influx of a certain type of toon might make it a longer wait in general but I obviously do not know.

Cheers and luck anyhow.

ps. my pug groups seem to be always less then 1 minute and hardly more then 2 - if it is a class feature then that is a bit wrong - I would love to see a 5 man Wizard crawl.

note: I am also always the group leader - and am always asked to pass the lead in times of stress, like kicking and new party member acquisition. this is also true in pvp - maybe they see the Guardian role as a leader role????
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • walimunky1walimunky1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have a really bad case of "rubberbanding and Chat is offline"... it was not like this a week ago. what the F happend? i've been tryin' to play this the last seven days.