test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Peanut Labs = Scamming

therealdeathwolftherealdeathwolf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Been 3 days now and Peanut Labs has not responded to my message I sent them regarding their surveys not awarding ZEN when completing the offers.

About 99% of the Peanut Labs surveys always disqualify you. I've tried answering the surveys several different ways to see if I could verify this and.....it always disqualifies me no matter what I answer the surveys with. Deliberate email spamming with the promise of ZEN that is never awarded to you, smells like a scam.

I actually was only able to get some of the offers to award ZEN after completing them but they were not surveys they were signing up for free trials or whatever. Only 1 survey ever worked for me.

PWE is working on the support ticket I opened with them and hopefully they can get to the bottom of Peanut Labs shady dealings.

Wish there was a way to earn ZEN aside from Peanut Labs. More or less if you want ZEN just purchase it, not worth the hassle of Peanut Labs BS.
Post edited by therealdeathwolf on

Comments

• chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    It's those click-thru, survey thing... a majority of those are scams.
  • therealdeathwolftherealdeathwolf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah.....I just finally gave up, aggravating.

I only got a couple of free trial offers to work but that's it. The rest of those never awarded ZEN after I completed them.
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    said it before...will say it again here...

A shyster F2P company is partnered with a less than reputable survey company on the internet.
    /shocked.....shocked I say!!!!

I hope you didnt actually give them a valid email or any personal information.
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    I used to try and do these surveys years ago in a F2P first person shooter. They never worked. Complete waste of time.

Then again, I rarely ever finished them. They always seemed to refer me to another survey or disqualify me somehow.
  • aarkinaarkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The time it took you to do those surveys and write emails complaining, you most likely could have made the same reward in game. just my 2 cents.
  • therealdeathwolftherealdeathwolf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aarkin wrote: »
    The time it took you to do those surveys and write emails complaining, you most likely could have made the same reward in game. just my 2 cents.

WRONG!....you're not going to make ZEN in the game in any time soon. Collecting enough AD to sell for ZEN takes some time, just an fyi.
  • qtheeskimoqtheeskimo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This profit model that the industry seems to be adopting is going to destroy gaming as we know it. Im Not above spending money for convenience type stuff such as bags and respec's, but when a games mechanics are tweeked to funnel you into situations where spending is the only option is down right slimy. PWE is a company who is built around this very thing.

I should say that I am an older gamer who knowingly spent the money for a founders pack and I dont really have any buyers remorse regarding that purchase. However, the tactics of only being able to use certain currency on more basic things like vault space when you were started with a VAULT that is smaller than your bag space to begin with, or tweeking drop rates on item such as Ident scrolls which can only be purchased with AD and the like it is a troubling trend. While the exchange rate of Zen to AD is supposedly player set I would be willing to bet that they have metrics that can tell them when to adjust the economy to remain within the real money profit margin goals they have established exist.

All that being said the bottom line is the market will bear what the market will bear, and until those numbers for PWE begin to decline they will continue to make money hand over fist. As someone who has admittedly spent some of his disposable income on this game, I do feel some of their currency manipulation is underhanded and shady, and moving forward I at least will try to speak more with my wallet than try to cajole them into changing.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We actively monitor these reports and are working with our partners to ensure that the survey experience works properly. I'm glad you've already reached out to them! I apologize for the delay in response; we are receiving a high volume of tickets over here so I can only imagine that they must be as well.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WRONG!....you're not going to make ZEN in the game in any time soon. Collecting enough AD to sell for ZEN takes some time, just an fyi.

Really?

I can gather enough AD for 2 Zen in the next 5 minutes.

Of course if you're talking about AD for a reasonable amount of Zen with the current state of the exchange, yes, that will take time.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only time I got anything from peanut labs was 1700 zen while playing STO and that was for signing up for a 1 week trial to netflix, which I canceled as soon as I got the zen. Other than that I got nothing from them ever.
    @Powerblast in game
  • unsquishableunsquishable Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You really need to report both companies to BBB. just go to www.bbb.org
    they are the better business bureau.
    What is sickening is that only 47 people complained about peanut labs in the last year and they still have an A rating with the better business bureau. They need to stop doing business with F rating BBB companies and need to do much better business themselves report them and get your issues resolved. Help them learn how to do business in America. Also if you do use a credit card use a prepaid one so they cannot simply leech onto your bank account. Simply pull up the bbb site search peanut labs in san Francisco and submit a complaint. Its funny how fast they respond to that as opposed to all u get from peanut labs is an automated response.
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did Peanut Labs when I played Maplestory years ago. After that, I never trust it anymore
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We actively monitor these reports and are working with our partners to ensure that the survey experience works properly. I'm glad you've already reached out to them! I apologize for the delay in response; we are receiving a high volume of tickets over here so I can only imagine that they must be as well.

I also tried the survey system a while ago. One granted me about 20 Zen but kicked me after a couple of answers. Since then I never had any more offers available and most try to commit you to do a purchase.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You really need to report both companies to BBB. just go to www.bbb.org
    they are the better business bureau.
    What is sickening is that only 47 people complained about peanut labs in the last year and they still have an A rating with the better business bureau. They need to stop doing business with F rating BBB companies and need to do much better business themselves report them and get your issues resolved. Help them learn how to do business in America. Also if you do use a credit card use a prepaid one so they cannot simply leech onto your bank account. Simply pull up the bbb site search peanut labs in san Francisco and submit a complaint. Its funny how fast they respond to that as opposed to all u get from peanut labs is an automated response.

The BBB does nothing, it in itself is one of the biggest scams in the country it has a long storied history of unethical practices, gamers really, really need to stop pulling the BBB card. There are effective legitimate ways to deal with companies that are ripping people off, most are available through your state or national government. The U.K. and the U.S. both have effective consumer protection, use those.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • prolegapprolegap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The BBB does nothing, it in itself is one of the biggest scams in the country it has a long storied history of unethical practices, gamers really, really need to stop pulling the BBB card. There are effective legitimate ways to deal with companies that are ripping people off, most are available through your state or national government. The U.K. and the U.S. both have effective consumer protection, use those.

Unfortunately U.S. won't have effective consumer protection as long as you're contractually able to sign away your rights to legal redress when there's a problem with the product. This practice seems so prevalent in U.S. made products that you practically have to agree to it if you want to use any modern technology. That is, if you live in the States. In many countries it's not possible to sign away any consumer rights provided by the law. I don't expect this to change any time soon, unfortunately.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worked for me, I got 98 zen

of course that was before I realized that = $0.98 and I could have better used that time by taking the multiple jars of pennies and nickels down to the Coinstar machine and then spent the money on the Zen shop...

seriously, I probably have $400 in loose change in my **** house.
  • coolestdude0103coolestdude0103 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    said it before...will say it again here...

A shyster F2P company is partnered with a less than reputable survey company on the internet.
    /shocked.....shocked I say!!!!

I hope you didnt actually give them a valid email or any personal information.

Maybe the Survey doesn't work because people like you are trying to scam them from the get-go with made up personal information. Who's the shady one here? Them or you?
    edited May 2013

Well said. The BBB itself is a joke/scam. Anyone who cites BBB Scores for anything proves to the world they know nothing - both positive BBB scores and negative ones are equally meaningless.

Another problem with these survey things is that 80% of people fill them out with completely bogus emails/phone numbers/personal info then complain that they never got their rewards.
  • writerdgwriterdg Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    /shrug I did like 6 surveys yesterday in less than 45 minutes and they all paid out instantly. A little over 500 zen total.
    Kinset Drake - Lvl 60 GF - Legio Draconum Guild Leader - Mindflayer
    edited May 2013
    Well said. The BBB itself is a joke/scam. Anyone who cites BBB Scores for anything proves to the world they know nothing - both positive BBB scores and negative ones are equally meaningless.

This "knowing nothing" will probably continue as long as even the US Government thinks that they're a reliable resource for consumer protection.
    edited May 2013
    The u.s. government isn't exactly the pinnacle of competence. Do some research on the organization, it's a joke. Lots of companies with much more complaints and less closed complaints have better ratings than some groups with much less complaints / better ratio or answered complaints.
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I have earned over 1200 zen through the surveys and offers and such and have never given out any personal information and my email remains spam free. Also, there is more then peanut labs, if you keep refreshing the page on occasion you get offers from sponsor pay.
    edited May 2013
    The u.s. government isn't exactly the pinnacle of competence. Do some research on the organization, it's a joke. Lots of companies with much more complaints and less closed complaints have better ratings than some groups with much less complaints / better ratio or answered complaints.

I'm aware of the reputation BBB has. Same with the U.S. Government. Unfortunately the average person isn't the pinnacle of competence either, and as people can't know everything, they tend to latch on to something as a central source of information. It looks to me that BBB is one of the only viable options for a consumer to influence companies in your country. And that IS a problem, given the organization's reputation.
    You need to keep in mind though, that mysteriously, any organization that could influence the workings of large companies, tends to somehow get a bad reputation in the United States. I have a strong feeling that we can blame this dude.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had friends tell me they've gotten some zen from partners before.

I've tried about a dozen times over past few years (for CO or STO), and it's never, ever worked.

IMO, it's so dangerous and such a poor chance of success, everyone should avoid them.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • vilocviloc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I've made a little over 3k doing the surveys that pop up for me, usually do them while watching a show or something, get about one or two in per day, up to 600 zen if I'm on a roll. I have only had one instance where I wasn't awarded the zen for completing an offer(not a survey) and they awarded it two days later.
  • aienkoyaienkoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever I try to start a survey it says "Sorry, this offer is currently not available in your geographical area", even though the offer is completely in the language of my country.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    I've never gotten zen from surveys before. I've had to take 20 minute surveys just for them to tell my I'm not eligible for a survey to earn zen. My anti-virus flags the survey site as potentially malicious.
    I have to assume the surveys are scams.
  • malaclypsmalaclyps Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    i made about 4k zen over last week, but it took a lot of disqualifies, and a lot of bugged offers. peanut labs has been pretty responsive to the tickets though. i think they even credited me a hundred at one point on a bugged offer.
  • gifresponsegifresponse Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    They need to bring back Netflix trials. I had so much Zen by signing up with virtual credit card numbers. 1300 per offer. Did over 20 offers.

vyFAW.gif
  • theyuttytheyutty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Penutlabs is so much better than sponsor pay