fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
edited May 2013 in The Temple
make it so this skill doesn't stack.

nobody likes cheese strats.
Post edited by fasthands23 on

Comments

• somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    they'll get right on that after completing a precision charging algorithm in their credit card charging system.
    Patch Notes:
    - Credit Cards will charge 10% quicker

Priorities...
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Post title misleading.

Do not nerf Astral Shield. Do not nerf the healing stacking on Astral shield.

Nerf the Mitigation stacking of Astral shield. It should have a DR for each additional shield past the first.

Yes I play a Cleric, I also used to play a Tank. Having a 12K GF who logs on to pray and send minions on crafting only is depressing.
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    no, make it not stack at all. there is no reason for a skill like this to stack, even with a DR it would be extremely powerful and would leave 0 reason to use any other DC spec.

i also play cleric.
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The healing of AS is not really the issue. Even in good gear its only what? ~1000 a tick? Doubling that is nice and all but it comes with drawbacks. You have to be IN the circles. The real issue is the mitigation, 2 AS both from clerics with Foresight is STUPID op mitigation. The healing itself would not be OP if you were to tone down that mitigation a ton. ATM its too much.

Screaming for a full nerf is not the way to go. You need checks and balance.

On the occasions I do run double cleric (not too often I find 2DC groups kinda dull) I try and spread the AS out some anyway. Some mobs (Driders) will strip AS away, other that that putting both AS in the same place just ensures that the entire area is blanketed with splats. Remove the ~90% mitigation that 2 shields give and try and stand in stacked AS in those situations and you'll see very different results.

IMO the mitigation % is the issue, not the healing which in of itself is pretty marginal. The reason its OP currently is getting ~90% mitigation (when stacked) it really dont matter how much your being healed for, your just never going to be in danger. Drop that Mitigation and the healing actually starts to matter, at that point should you be running 2 DC in your group, do you really want thier healing to be halved? Sure we have other spells, Beacon (lol long *** CD) Forgemasters - Awseome *if* you can hug the mob for its duration, Healing word, 12s charge refresh .. etc etc.

Like it or not AS is one of our main spells, calling for a blanket nerf is not the answer, it needs adjusting when stacked yes ... it does not need to be nerf'd the hell out of.
    edited May 2013
    starbigamo wrote: »
    I am loling cause i just did EXACTLY THAT with my GF!!! LOL

Aye its freaking sad. My GF is geared, Conq spec so holds aggro pretty well and does decent DPS. Of course that DPS is AOE which matters not one bit when the 2 CW are just tossing everything into the pits. Its not that I cant be useful in a group, its just that taking another DPS or Cleric is just *more* useful. /facepalm
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Post title misleading.

Do not nerf Astral Shield. Do not nerf the healing stacking on Astral shield.

Nerf the Mitigation stacking of Astral shield. It should have a DR for each additional shield past the first.

Yes I play a Cleric, I also used to play a Tank. Having a 12K GF who logs on to pray and send minions on crafting only is depressing.

This!

Don't destroy your healers. You will soon regret it when you can't get ANY heals anymore. Diminishing returns please, NOT destroying the class and forcing other things.

I play a cleric as main but ive got one of every class to 20+ so i could get to grips with what they do. Its sad that its being abused but its a good spell.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • oldirtybastardyooldirtybastardyo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They also call me dirt mcgirt.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nerf the Righteousness debuff then add diminishing returns for Astral Shield stacking.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Nerf the Righteousness debuff then add diminishing returns for Astral Shield stacking.

That debuff is there so that we use as many pots as the other classes ... apparently.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »

This. This. This.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    That debuff is there so that we use as many pots as the other classes ... apparently.

Yes, but using 40% more than them now is kinda overboard.
    edited May 2013
    chintae wrote: »
    Yes, but using 40% more than them now is kinda overboard.

Heh I hate the debuff. Its a dumb mechanic esp since clerics are threat magnets. Apparently the Dev's reasoning behind the debuff was that clerics were not using enough potions in relation to other classes. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> metric to balance a class by IMO but whatever. If they fixed GF, you know so that thier threat moves / encounter powers hit more than 3-5 targets and they could hold the adds off a cleric, then I would'ent mind the debuff so much since it would be down to the tank to protect me, you know team work. As is, I kite, alot.
    edited May 2013
    none of you changed my opinion.

the skill is broken to begin with, flat 40% reduction of everything is obscene. allowing such a skill to stack is laughable to say the least.
  • slyteshslytesh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the dungeons and bosses and stacking won't be needed anymore.
    edited May 2013
    none of you changed my opinion.

the skill is broken to begin with, flat 40% reduction of everything is obscene. allowing such a skill to stack is laughable to say the least.

Your opinion is your own and I have no desire to change it. As it happens I agree with your opinion on the skill, as worded in the quote, just not your plan of resolution. You claimed that it *should'ent stack at all* I disagree there. The healing should stack, this is not even a debate in my mind. If your against the healing from AS stacking then you must be against the healing from Forgemasters stacking too right? Both are hots, both are proximity based (Blue circle / next to mob) I dont see it. Healing is the core of the class and to not allow it to stack is just not on the table as far as I'm concerned.

Then you dismissed a DR system. Saying that, again, it *should'ent stack at all* ... I disagree again. Its a powerful high level skill. It needs re-tuned yes, I agree here. Stacking 2x40% + 11% Foresight is stupid OP and needs toned down. There should be an advantage having two AS down though over one as far as mitigation goes. DR it, make it heavy, but leave it there. You would'ent call for the second rogue in a party to be unable to damage / debuff any target the first rogue was on would you? So why would you invalidate a second DC?
  • adenosine3padenosine3p Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slytesh wrote: »
    Fix the dungeons and bosses and stacking won't be needed anymore.

You don't need to stack it now. It's just easier. As long as double cleric trivializes incoming damage with double astral shield, people will use it. The solution is to let the healing stack but the damage reduction shouldn't stack. If you have double cleric than you get more incoming healing and you also get a wider area of damage reduction, but you don't get to completely trivialize incoming damage.

Having your class based around one broken skill is boring. I hate being that dude that everybody brings to the party simply because you have one irreplaceable buff. Every cleric should be for an astral shield nerf so they can get a balanced, more fun class to play.
  • everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make it so this skill doesn't stack.

nobody likes cheese strats.

Another person who has no clue about the game mechanics. Can someone delete this thread entirely?
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree with you Adeon.

I seldom run 2xDC I find it dull. My usual comp is DC, CW, CW, RG, GWF.

As I've mentioned I have a GF character that is pretty much retired. I would love to run a 5 class group, but tbh current state of the game means we just dont require a tank for anything. Still as you can see from the group I generally run, I try to be a varied as poss and we do run 4/5 classes rather then the 2DC/2CW/1RG or 2DC/2RG/1CW groups most seem to run.
    edited May 2013
    Another person who has no clue about the game mechanics. Can someone delete this thread entirely?

explain? ive cleared every t2 with 1 of each class setup.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be happy with Astral Shield not stacking as soon as double rogue attacks don't stack etc.
    edited May 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    I would be happy with Astral Shield not stacking as soon as double rogue attacks don't stack etc.

you are a bright individual.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you are a bright individual.

I think you get my point. You are trying to say if there are 2 clerics, make one of them not count. That is just silly.
    edited May 2013
    I think you get my point. You are trying to say if there are 2 clerics, make one of them not count. That is just silly.

im not gona bother explaining to you why that is an awful comparison.
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I think it's a catch 22 ? If GF threat worked better, people wouldn't develop strats that exclude them. This is the first MMO I've played in a while where a hard tank wasn't essential for some content.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP, I'm sorry. From what I've seen, this ability stacking has led to cheese mechanics being the common go-to. It wouldn't make having a second cleric completely useless, they would simply have to place it somewhere else or use some other ability.

You couldn't stack PWB in wow, you couldn't stack healing ward, or 2 cleric cel regens or vie in EQ1, you can't stack devo from 2 paladins in wow - and theres a reason games didn't allow you to stack mitigation methods from different players of the same class like this, and that reason is exactly what we're seeing now with people basically just defaulting that method and changing gameplay entirely from what was intended, to a much easier reality.

There are lots of issues with cleric, and I realize that this ability stacking is what makes things possible/easier for a lot of people so there is a lot of reluctance to let go of it, but they should simultaneously fix our other problems and remove this as far as I'm concerned.

So, I at least support this :/
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If Astral Shield is a literally all a cleric is good for, then we have bigger problems.

And it's not like double AS becomes useless if the mitigation didn't stack.

The heal would still stack and you could spread them out so you have more room to work with while still getting mitigation.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im not gona bother explaining to you why that is an awful comparison.
    Because you can't.
    edited May 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    Because you can't.

i prefer to not give <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the light of day
  • lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are some people seriously trying to compare increased DPS from adding party members, with group wide mitigation abilities? That "logic", and I use the term extremely loosely - is very special.

I wish some people would go back to playing their god awful hunters on world of warcraft already... it's almost to the point where I would pay their subs to get them to leave, haha.
  • doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i also play cleric.

No you don't. You are most likely a TR.

You cry just like every PVP rogue I have come across.
    I use Astral Shield and Hallowed Ground and you cry about the fact you can't kill me in 2 seconds.
    Because my mitigation and healing give me a chance to survive.