test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Quest Video Reviews

amuntothamuntoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hello all, I've been reviewing Foundry Quests for a little bit now, and I thought I'd post them here. If you'd like your quest reviewed, let me know in a PM here or on YouTube. I'll probably respond faster there, but either way.

New Review! 5/23/2013
Dreamfall Chapter 1: A Beginning Career
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwT1ZcNaNH0

Dirty Politics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLBZbAd9ymc

A Friendly Reminder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWTXd-V4jGo

A Hidden Blade:
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=never...?v=49OfgR-2bmU

Blacklake Gold:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-9WpzR0H2U

Wererat Invasion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQaSKfCKwU

Orc Slayer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20BPnCSEiY0

I'm always looking for feedback, so let me know what you think and what I can improve on.
Post edited by amuntoth on

Comments

• Options
    shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Definitely check out mine in the sig....I have a few more coming out as well!

Those look good, too! Keep up the great work!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice videos, I would like to add you to the list here at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?242862-Youtube-Foundry-Quests If you want.

Also, feel free to give Planescape a dive =)
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you're doing actual reviews, I'd like to hear your thoughts on mine in my sig.

You should also do Planescape by @drakedge2.

Edit: You should add the shortcode to the youtube videos. The search function can be useless sometimes without it.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    If you're doing actual reviews, I'd like to hear your thoughts on mine in my sig.

You should also do Planescape by @drakedge2.

Thank you, Herc's spa caught me off guard in it's level of fun. So certainly do that too. I subbed to this, these are good reviews sir.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I watched two so far. Good reviews. I would recommend a few random ones as well... the ones that are under 1K in hits... there could be some potential gems out there... that given the right review... could help out the player and yourself. The enthusiasm in your voice is great and your verbiage was spot on - IMHO. Good job on the reviews...
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I like the Reviews! its a great format "no spoilers, so I still want to play them" >.<
    not a fan of the "Philip DeFranco" vibe but meh w/e :p
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Alright, I didn't think I'd get so much feedback so soon! That's awesome. Let's go down the list:

First off, visigoth18 what do you mean by Philip DeFranco? I honestly have no idea.

Second, boydzinj I agree with you. I'm starting to do some of the quests in the "For Review" section, to hopefully bring some more attention to those and get people to play them and get them past the For Review page.

Third, hercul33t the short codes is a great idea. I'll add those to the descriptions of my videos, and from now on I'll add those into the actual video near the name or something. Also, I'll definitely check out Herc's Spa

Fourth, dragedge2 I actually just randomly played the Chapter 1 of your Planescape quests. The review will be up probably by tomorrow afternoon, so look out for that. I'll post it here as well.

Fifth and finally, shorlong I'll check out your quests within the next couple days, review will be up shortly after that. I don't like to give too many concrete times, since stuff happens and I can't always get to it as quickly as I'd like. Still, it's on my list now, and it shouldn't be long.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Awesome I look forward to that =) Let me know the short codes to the quests you reviewed, and I will add them to the youtube page here: Youtube Foundry Quests I also added a link to your youtube page on the front page there.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, got the short codes.

A Hidden Blade: NW-DBPT7KTDV
    Orc Slayer: NW-DLTz4LKK7
    Wererat Invasion: NW-DDPM3TCJ9
    Blacklake Gold: NW-DMTHHZBHE
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i added them to the youtube video page =D
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just send you a PM with mine. :)
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lol just google "Philip DeFranco" I meant that type of show style as apposed to say something more like an audio book narration. just a personal preference

Edit: this isn't a comment on quality "its obvious you've put a good bit of work into recording, VO recording, and editing. and it shows, It's extremely high quality" :]
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These are great reviews. I sent a PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warpactwarpact Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I had commented on your thread in the art section, and subscribed early on. Excellent reviews.
    NK-Velkyn-tat_zps09ca90e7.png
    Khaless nau uss mzild taga dosstan.
    Dirty Business, NW-DBU9MXKXW
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you favor humor and story before hacking and slashing, I recommend you give mine a try. :)
    (Except for the Tomb of Sarkath Han, which is a PnP-project.)
    The codes are in my signature!
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just finished and uploaded a new review for "A Friendly Reminder" by @JKPARK. Short code: NW-DAQN7H5GO
    Added the link to the first post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nice, i will check it out.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just updated the main post with another review. This time it's Dirty Politics, @Shorlong's first quest in The Dark Creed. Short Code: NWS-DOF3BARMD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    very excite!
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    New video up, this time it's Dreamfall Chapter 1: A Beginning Career by @groshie. Link in the main post.
  • Options
    duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Besides my quest: The Lady and the Worm - NW-DPQPJSVTH
    I also suggest you to try:
    @Enderk03 - A Hero Blooms - NW-DAX7KNVZU
    @Stebss - The Spellthief Trials - NW-DM900IFHK
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    These reviews are really well done. If you're looking for more quests to check out, would you mind giving mine a look? No worries if not. Gonna subscribe to your channel after work either way, heh.

Info in my sig
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dreamfall looks pretty fun
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice reviews from what I have seen so far! I have a new one out in the sig below in case you want to take a test drive. Cheers,
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hope you get time to post some more Vids, I'm looking forward to the next one :]
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    amuntoth, check my signature. You will find the link with additional information for my quest.
    Videos are very useful to notice mistakes and things to change, so it would be nice if you could also make one with mine adventure.
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you realize, he doesn't make videos of gameplay, just a "True" review.

Edit: do you guys know how YouTube works? I'm looking at his videos and I realize he only has two thumbs up "I left one, so one other person took the time to click a button?"

Rate his vids :p if you like them
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for a good, fun review from an objective point of view!
    I was able to make many good changes because of the feedback, so again, thanks for reviewing! :)
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @_@ I finished my Quest...if your still making video reviews Pleas check mine out and tell me what you think :]
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the review you did on my quest! I took a lot of what you and others had said when it came to the quest and reworked the whole thing. You don't have to do another review, but if you want to give it another look and try it out, that would be totally awesome! Thanks!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013