test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Founder's refund.

cerkiecerkie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,

Well I've been trying to get a refund one day after I bought it and since then had a ticket stating I would like a refund, the ticket was opened on the 11/05/2013 and on 20/05/2013 the ticket was closed due to it going in to limbo or something. So I opened another on the 18th which has also not been answered.

I'm asking for a forum mod or admin to try and help me with this situation cause I don't want it to be more work than it should by going to my bank to get it back, it's kind of annoying that you can keep hold of my money for this long and my account is still banned, surely there has to be some sort of law for this, to make them give me it back.

Ticket reference: 130518-002476
Post edited by cerkie on

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Have you tried a paypal/credit card chargeback?
  • hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure it states somewhere that there are no refunds.

If your account is banned because you exploited it doesn't mean you get a refund lol. And also because you bought a founder pack it doesn't mean you are immune to being banned for exploiting.
  • cerkiecerkie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    1) You aren't allowed to discuss terms of a ticket on the forums.

2) You shouldn't be trying to get a refund through a ticket, call them.

I don't have a phone number for them and also heard people have been trying to call them for weeks, also as I live in the UK and the number is from the USA it would cost me more to ring them than the actual pack costs.
    kattefjaes wrote: »

I'm thinking about this but only want to use it as a last resort, takes more effort than needed.
  • cerkiecerkie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hardpeck1 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it states somewhere that there are no refunds.

If your account is banned because you exploited it doesn't mean you get a refund lol. And also because you bought a founder pack it doesn't mean you are immune to being banned for exploiting.

I was banned on the account cause of the way PayPal held the payment for like 5 minutes before releasing it as I had to issue it was me with my bank.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah if you got banned before you asked for a refund...you won't be seeing your money.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you should have read your terms and agreements, I'm pretty sure PWI states that there will be no refunds.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cerkie wrote: »
    I'm thinking about this but only want to use it as a last resort, takes more effort than needed.

It may be your only option, given that the ticketing system, even when working, is largely ignored. Sorry to be the bearer of tedious news.
    edited May 2013
    On my ticket that got closed it states there is refunds allowed

I purchased Zen/Founder’s pack on the wrong account
    We apologize for the confusion. Please respond to this ticket with the requested information below so that we can do our best to assist you in this matter.

Which account was the purchase made on?
    What is the account’s registered email address?
    What payment method did you use?
    What payment processor did you choose?
    When was the transaction made (date/time)?
    What is the Transaction ID?
    What was the registered email address entered at the time of purchase?

You can find the transaction ID by checking your order receipt from your paygate (PayPal, Skrill, Google, Steam, etc.). If you do not have a transaction ID, please contact your paygate regarding the charge you see on your funding source to get an ID before replying.

Unfortunately, we cannot transfer Zen/Neverwinter Founder’s packs from one account to another. Would you like the purchase refunded so that you can rebuy it on the correct account?

Please note that we cannot offer a refund if the Zen has been spent on items in-game.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In fact TOS or anything they use to state NO REFUND is not legal or binding if they fail to deliver the product they sold you. From what you are saying it sounds like they did in fact make an error when your back stalled the paypal transaction.

Ignore the fanboys on here, they have been working overtime trying to shut down any and all complaints about this dying game.. You are in perfect legal rights to charge back if they do not respond to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    If you bought through Paypal just dispute the payment there and they won't contest it, at least they didn't in my case I already got my money back.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    They're swamped with tickets right now, that's why they did the ticket purge. They'll get to the new ticket, don't worry; it just may take a bit.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ignore the fanboys on here, they have been working overtime trying to shut down any and all complaints about this dying game.. You are in perfect legal rights to charge back if they do not respond to you.

As opposed to the hate machine doomcrying 24/7 :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hehe, you have no idea about HATE MACHINE kiddo..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
    edited May 2013
    179076_474613935944769_851684941_n.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Call the number in my sig, you will get top of the line fast service.
  • rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    They're swamped with tickets right now, that's why they did the ticket purge. They'll get to the new ticket, don't worry; it just may take a bit.
    That's no excuse, they did the same thing just after launch.

Dumping all tickets and asking people to redo them is an insult.
    It's not hate, it's facts.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »

What exactly is the reason of the chargeback? He wants a refund, he didn't say he did not receive what he paid for...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    you should have read your terms and agreements, I'm pretty sure PWI states that there will be no refunds.

It says in my terms and agreements everyone who reads this post have to donate their kidneys and liver to me, otherwise they'll have to transfer $1.000.000 to my account and you accepted them by reading this post.

That's why we have consumer rights, because when big, bad and badly run companies like PWE make our lives difficult and try to steal our money we can show them the finger.

@OP: If you live in the EU you don't even have to file a chargeback, just order a refund. If you ordered a refund in your first ticket and purchased the item you'd like refunded not more than three months before the first ticket was made PWE has 30 days to return your money. You don't need to tell them anything, just refund (it's called cooling off period). If they don't use the ECC in your country, they'll sort it out for you. That's ofcourse assuming you live in the EU and you don't want your file to be associated with chargebacks (yes, card issuers keep such data and it might make them refuse another chargeback if you file another claim).

Best regards,
    Kalantris
  • hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    What exactly is the reason of the chargeback? He wants a refund, he didn't say he did not receive what he paid for...

Just do a chargeback stating that you accidentally paid money for an open beta. They'll chuckle a bit but they'll understand.
  • senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    When in doubt, go nuclear... that's why I use paypal. I don't care what PWE's terms are... if they accepted payment with paypal, then they are bound by PAYPAL's terms.
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    What exactly is the reason of the chargeback?

It's what you do to get your money back when you're done splitting hairs with giant poopyheads.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    The ticket queue is already as bloated as it was before the purge. I'm fairly sure the purge solved absolutely nothing other than to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off.

Also, this is terrible advice. You are suggesting that he wait 2 or more weeks without a product he purchased on the off chance they might solve his issue?

Whereas you are suggesting he do what? Pursue a chargeback due to a support snafu, thereby possibly having his PayPal account frozen or closed entirely?
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In fact TOS or anything they use to state NO REFUND is not legal or binding if they fail to deliver the product they sold you. From what you are saying it sounds like they did in fact make an error when your back stalled the paypal transaction.

I agree. Make a chargeback, and say, that you tried all things possible, but your mails, tickets and forumposts were simply ignored. You are from the EU, and the "no refund" rules don't have any legal meaning for you.

Ignore all fans, and get your money back.

Time is important. Remember that.
  • sludge01sludge01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ticket queue is already as bloated as it was before the purge. I'm fairly sure the purge solved absolutely nothing other than to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off.

Also, this is terrible advice. You are suggesting that he wait 2 or more weeks without a product he purchased on the off chance they might solve his issue?

Lets be honest. The ONLY way you are ever going to see a refund is a chargeback. Paypal gives you 30 days to dispute, and cyrptic won't do anything about it. If you paid $200.00 for an advertised $700.00 package that was worth.. umm, less than $50.00, you should do the chargeback. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say a good 25% of the people who wanted to support this game by giving cryptic money are having buyers remorse. Not because they didn't get what they were promised, but what they did get was sure as heck not worth $200.00. A F2P exploiter on day 1 would have tons more than a $200.00 founder pack purchaser, and that's wrong on so many levels.
    If you are willing to pay $200.00, you SHOULD expect to have a huge head up over the non-payers, but that's not the case. If you paid $200.00, well, you're out $200.00, and should chargeback to get your money back for a sale that had no value.
    That's the ONLY thing cryptic cares about.. the bottom line, and if they can't sell any zen or founders pack, then they should fix the game before charging money. I personally think it's too late, and no-one should spend a penny until the exploits are removed, and the economy is fixed.
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to dispute it with paypal cause it doesn't seem like PW care at all to be honest, might give paypal a call to try and speed things up a little.
  • hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Whereas you are suggesting he do what? Pursue a chargeback due to a support snafu, thereby possibly having his PayPal account frozen or closed entirely?

What a lame attempt at threatening people...

The one who should be punished is PWE for having zero customer support. He tried to contact them, the failure is on their part.

He may proceed with chargeback/dispute action.
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    First, you need to try for every polite possible way to get your account unbanned, then you can try to ask for a refund.

Its a loop, you cant ask for a refund while you are banned.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you decide to go with a chargeback be prepared to be banned from all PWE games and forums. Oh NOES! :o
  • gishankgishank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paypal provdes 45 days to dispute a payment.

Honestly, I'd say give Cryptic/PWE a reasonable period of time to answer your ticket (a week is best) before taking any excessive action. If they don't answer it within a reasonable time, then take it further.
    69ngc6.png
    edited May 2013
    cerkie wrote: »
    I'm going to dispute it with paypal cause it doesn't seem like PW care at all to be honest, might give paypal a call to try and speed things up a little.

I'm pretty sure that Paypal will sort it for you with minimal pain. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction shortly.
This discussion has been closed.