test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I think Perfect World, the company, hates us.

2»

Comments

• borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think its mostly indifference with a touch of hate mixed in with a lot of PR and BS.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Neverwinter is currently in open beta testing with bugs, imbalances, roll backs, etc expected to be discovered and addressed. It is highly recommended that you adjust your expectations and attitude as a tester of a beta product...

If this truly is an "open beta" where are the known issues threads, discussing changes, engaging the community. All I see is the community being called "testers" alot", with generic responses being thrown out, and no real meaningful changes actually happening to the game
  • jimkirkjimkirk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always wonder what a person means when they say they were "hacked"...

I've been playing MMORPGs for years and have never been hacked before. Does hacked mean you gave your password to someone who then came in and cleared out your account? Does hacked mean you used the same password for multiple different games/websites/etc which was then used to access your account? Does that mean your computer was infected with a key-logging virus?

What exactly do you mean by "hacked"...
    hehe ya i was wondering .. ive also been playing mmo's for years .. closest i have ever been hacked was wow but the staff helped me out .. or when a gaming company gets their data base hacked .. like when anon hacked sony and ubisoft and EA someone mentioned an authenticator how do you attach one to this game .. i have the bnet authenticator for blizzard and i have a google authenticator but how do i attach it to this game
  • cierdwyncierdwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always wonder what a person means when they say they were "hacked"...

I've been playing MMORPGs for years and have never been hacked before. Does hacked mean you gave your password to someone who then came in and cleared out your account? Does hacked mean you used the same password for multiple different games/websites/etc which was then used to access your account? Does that mean your computer was infected with a key-logging virus?

What exactly do you mean by "hacked"...

From what I said previously, There were, and still are not, any keyloggers, or virus, or anything else like that on my PC.

My account name, and at least 20 or so others that had this happen at the same time, were taken by at least 1 person in China, and then used the account name, and a brute force password system to log into the PW website thousands of times over a few minutes, or even a couple of hours. Then, they changed the email account, then changed the password, then logged into Neverwinter to steal all the stuff they could.
  • slpedslped Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cierdwyn wrote: »
    From what I said previously, There were, and still are not, any keyloggers, or virus, or anything else like that on my PC.

My account name, and at least 20 or so others that had this happen at the same time, were taken by at least 1 person in China, and then used the account name, and a brute force password system to log into the PW website thousands of times over a few minutes, or even a couple of hours. Then, they changed the email account, then changed the password, then logged into Neverwinter to steal all the stuff they could.

Yup, I concurred. Given the fact that I personally ensured my computer was clean and my email was not compromised.

Just a note of caution, ensure that your typical online paying medium is of a different password as your hacked account (pretty common sense actually). It seem whoever this dude is, he/she is trying his/her luck by randomly using the account details to attempt to log in to common payment websites.
  • cierdwyncierdwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only use the account name I have on Cryptic as an MMO name, and 1 email account. I use a different email account and names for all my billing and so on. I ain't worth all that much, but I'm sure I'd be worth less if I used the same things all over the web.:)

Still not working to call, and I just put in email reply 28 trying to get someone to notice that I have been asking them to unban me since *THEY* told me I had to reply within 72 hours, or they would close my ticket.

Note, they closed my ticket anyway. I have already resubmitted.:(
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    jjb828 wrote: »
    Good support could be profitable. If one company made a good game, was extremely nice in support, and helped the best they could, I would want to buy stuff from said company even more
    The you have to play Secret World or Age of Conan. Funcom has the best support there is. And the best information-policy.
  • slpedslped Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cierdwyn wrote: »
    I only use the account name I have on Cryptic as an MMO name, and 1 email account. I use a different email account and names for all my billing and so on. I ain't worth all that much, but I'm sure I'd be worth less if I used the same things all over the web.:)

Still not working to call, and I just put in email reply 28 trying to get someone to notice that I have been asking them to unban me since *THEY* told me I had to reply within 72 hours, or they would close my ticket.

Note, they closed my ticket anyway. I have already resubmitted.:(

Seeing ur case here makes me think that not only am I unlikely to get my account back in pristine condition, i might probably not get it back at all.... Or perhaps if i am optimistic... maybe i get back an empty account in say... 1 yr?
    [/sarcasm]