Options

PLEASE place a fee on sending mail...

2»

Comments

• Options
    diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with using the characters as stash. The problem is using the MAIL as stash.

On a related note, they really should give players a shared bank stash, even if it's only 1-5 slots, specifically for using other characters as stash.

You can only "store" around 10(or so) mails anyway, after that you can't send yourself any more mails, so the amount you can store in the mail is not that big. If the bag prices wouldn't be so outrages there would be less need to mule anyway.
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah that would be a good idea

I get dozens of spam gold selling emails

something must be done
    you must be popular. I have gotten maybe 6 since the game launched
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is an incredibly clever idea! While I don't like the idea of having a fee, I love the idea of a filter, or only allowing people in your friend's list to send you mail.

+1
  • Options
    estyn1estyn1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In addition to those suggestions listed (though I'm not sure charging for mail would be a hinderance to the gold sellers), perhaps having some arbitrary limit on the number of mails sent per day/week/hour would be good. I mean... who really needs to send more than a dozen or two mail messages per day, really?

I'd also like it if the ignore list worked on mail! Right now, usually when I click on "Report Spam" from my mailbox, I get "You are already ignoring 'thiscrappy.goldseller'". :(
  • Options
    sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For OP: All of your ideas i prefer the limitation one, i can see it can really work.As you said you could send unlimited mails to your friends and guild mates but to complete strangers you can only send like: i don't know 5/day maybe? I think that's a fair amount of mails per day for anyone how wants to contact with another player.Above that contrary to you, i wouldn't allow any more mails even for fee.
    I don't think it would cause any trouble for gold sellers to get money for more mails, so my opinion the limition is far more safer for everyone.It could eradicate the spams almost completely.What kinda gold seller would be who can only send 5 mails per day lol,when thousands of players "waiting" impatiently for their daily gold spam :D ?
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a fee would hurt the normal players more than the ones using exploits.

The easiest thing would be to install spam-filter software, or at least better than what they are using now. Spam still gets through, even after you reported the sender. I've had that quite a few times now.

Just don't allow bulk-mail and check for standardized mails with www.comebuyfrommymule.com in it.

It should be a priority too, since it's a direct reminder of how badly this game got screwed by professional exploiters.
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had one so far, two click to get rid...
    So no bad idea I need all the copper I can get for my pots thanks :D
  • Options
    keeganfoxkeeganfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only problem I see with not charging, but instead letting them only send a few emails per hour/day/week, is that the spammers would need to be reported and banned quickly, otherwise they're just going to keep creating new accounts with bots and rotating through to others that can send emails. Can only send 10 a day? Spammers recreate characters all the time. That's why they're all named alsdkfjasdf@aklsjdfaksd
    This is also the reason I was hesitant to permit a few emails to people not in your friends list a few times a day without charge, but even then I see this hurting the spammers if they have to bot up to 15 only to send out a few emails per hour/day per account...provided they aren't just stealing hacked accounts. In such case ONLY GOLD MATTERS TO THEM, because they've stolen another's time essentially. Which is why it always comes back to gold.

As for the "filter out email!" idea, not only does this create false positives of players who may want to be emailing a website to another player, gold farmers just go around filters. Ban using 'www.anythinghere.com'? Ok. Gold farmer sends "w.w.w.anythinghere.com". Any time you make a filter they'll go around it. Cryptic doesn't have time to play whack-a-mole.

So....I can't stress this enough: The only thing gold farmers care about...is gold. So charge to spam. If you're not in the same guild or friend's list with someone, ask them to friend you if they really want you to send them an email and you really don't want to pay 10 copper for that first email of the day.

Can someone please give me an example of a player that needs to (for a legitimate reason) send unsolicited emails in game to players who are not already on their friends list? Because I cannot fathom one. Doing so is spamming. If you're 'recruiting' for a guild, that's still spam.