test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So clear it finnaly,all info here about the Ranger.

psychoticktackpsychoticktack Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
Hello all! Im really a big fan of R.A Salvatore the Neverwinter games and D&d and all kind of rpg stuff. So i dont get how could they miss the ranger class? one of the main pillars of a great rpg,mmo. there is a lot of info fakes on the internet it will come ina few day,it will never come..so

if any one has information about it oease write it here :) really waiting him to arive to start a new char!!
Post edited by psychoticktack on

Comments

• Options
    demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The class they will call a Ranger will not really be a ranger so who cares? I played Rangers since the first rpg supplement, Greyhawk, came out (and if you don't know what Greyhawk was, you know nothing about D&D). Rangers are known for skills useful in the wilderness (which we don't have in NW) and they used clerical (later druidic) magic (which they will not get in NW). What we will get is an Archer class and a Dual Wield class that will not have any of the iconic Ranger abilities.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • Options
    dukkhadukkha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are there actually any sources that say they are indeed releasing a ranger class? A lot of people keep talking about a ranger and a scourge warlock. I've been told there are items in the game that say it requires a scourge warlock (I haven't seen the items but that's what I'm told). But the ranger? I know there a nature skill checks but I just want to know if there's more evidence than that. Also one of the adventure parties you fight in neverdeath graveyard (I think?) has a ranger in it but still, I want to know if a credible source has said anything about what the new class(es) will be.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There's no information about any future classes.
    We only know that more classes are coming and will continue to come with regularity. :)