test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loot system in this game makes players angry

ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously this loot system is just stupid.

First off people cry all the time that someone NINJA'ed something that belongs to no one in fact everybody run dungeons and the game mechanic allow to roll for everybody so everybody may have a equal chance to get whatever item there is.

Now how can you ninja something that belongs to no one and for fck sake it is rolled randomly -.- Everybody should have the same right to loot or depending on their dmg/healing done I'm tired of people crying about this all the time. I can pass on 99% of items but when I really need something and choose NEED and people start cry about this I simply start to hate playing with random people. Crying threatening, spamming then acting like child, because ohh someone have rolled on the item and what's WORSE he won it. I have already seen so many joke hipocrytes that choose need even they technically don't need the item they will sell it anyway but when anybody else roll on it they start a spam war -.-

Better to make a random system that gives everybody one choice and random reward than this BS that only make people cry all the time over few pixels.
Post edited by ro7shadow on

Comments

• faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    How about people get stuff seperately and no one gets to see another persons loot?
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    i know that alot of players are crybabies, but the ones that are making us mad are the ones who ROLL NEED ON EVERYTHING. and then argue, i neeedddd the moneyyyyy. rolling need on any item you're class can actually use (including neck,rings) is fine, but when that t2 TR only item pops up and the whole group goes NEED. that's ****ing stupid
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    make a guild and do dungeons with them. if you going que you never have good party
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its been debated since the first beta weekend. They didnt change it, seems like its part of the buisness plan and working as intended. I dont like it and its the reason i avoid PUG runs.
  • megamanx7megamanx7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    make a guild and do dungeons with them. if you going que you never have good party

then what is the point of the que system then?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    megamanx7 wrote: »

Not everyone wants to be in a guild. Not every guild has folks on all the times to do runs at all times. And not everyone gets upset over loot etiquette in PUGs.
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The whole design of the game encourages players to be greedy.

Greed encourages greed.
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    megamanx7 wrote: »

the problem you have is the player not the game lol. your not going to find nice loving people all the time

on the internet and mmorpg people think they can be mean because no one know what they look like
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not very complicated. We are playing a free game in which we are reminded in every action we do that its just easier if we spend money. The economy of the game works with real life currency to some extent. All gear is bound on equip so that people can buy Zen transform it into AD and buy stuff from the auction house and the cash shop.

People will always take advantage of that system to avoid spending money. If the AH catastrophe made something clear its that there is a market here for people that will spend more money in two weeks that i have spent 1 year being subscribed in another game.
  • flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    The party leader can always change the loot system to round robin if it's really that much of a problem.
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    The party leader can always change the loot system to round robin if it's really that much of a problem.

he can also change it to where he decides who gets what...so this is really only if you're going in with pre-formed groups in which case the OP's point is invalid anyways.
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • mazrinnmazrinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could just make everything bop OR create a loot system that's not special and class based(if say a wizard only piece drops and there's a wizard in group they get roll priority / roll against other wizards for it). The current system promotes both good and bad, but also leads to people being more reluctant to group with people they don't know aren't ******s.
    Frankly i hate the delve system.. its such a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> tease.. esp when running t2 stuff. I've gotten only t1 junk(and i mean junk) that is pretty much only good for vendoring especially in this currently messed up economy. Granted the AH is still down but i doubt anything below t2 will still sell for anything at all. I'd rather not have it, have bop loot, and a few other things that most likely never happen in f2p.
  • skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    was in a cloak tower yesterday on my new char. and the DC rolled need on everything including the 2 blue pieces that dropped for a TR we asked him to stop he didn't I asked leader to just kick him because I didn't find it fair for the TR to lose on pieces but I guess the TR didn't care because never kicked him, I would have been upset to lose a GWF piece to him instead of the other GWF in the party. I pass when it isn't for my class, I greed when it is a rune, profession item, or a green unidentified I won't be sure is and upgrade. I need when it is a blue or higher for my class (and only the one I am playing, I don't need for alts), or a green piece unidentified for my class if the level is higher then one equipped otherwise I greed.

it is a respect thing some people have it though and others don't, such is life

Edit: I should point out that by the last boss since I had been most vocal about him rolling NEED on EVERYTHING I quit getting heals I had to rely on cleric companion and pots but I don't care and 90% of the time was first one over when adds spawned and went for him, so I might have gotten one or two sun bursts but only cause he was trying to DPS them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Delve is just an added bonus random loot of a certain minimum quality. Also, I still have the opinion that everyone should just get their own loot.
  • arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Also, I still have the opinion that everyone should just get their own loot.

That's a proven winning approach in more than one game. It might also be sufficient -- not to mention logical -- if you could only roll greed or pass on items that are unusable by your class. There is no situation in which my GF needs anything that says it requires some other class. If someone who can't use it wants it just so they can sell it, well that's the very definition of greed.

The bottom line is people will do whatever they can get away with. You have to expect scum. So either the system changes to wipe away some of the scummy behavior, or the system stays the same and implicitly encourages and rewards scum.
  • adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    ro7shadow wrote: »
    Seriously this loot system is just stupid.

First off people cry all the time that someone NINJA'ed something that belongs to no one in fact everybody run dungeons and the game mechanic allow to roll for everybody so everybody may have a equal chance to get whatever item there is.

Now how can you ninja something that belongs to no one and for fck sake it is rolled randomly -.- Everybody should have the same right to loot or depending on their dmg/healing done I'm tired of people crying about this all the time. I can pass on 99% of items but when I really need something and choose NEED and people start cry about this I simply start to hate playing with random people. Crying threatening, spamming then acting like child, because ohh someone have rolled on the item and what's WORSE he won it. I have already seen so many joke hipocrytes that choose need even they technically don't need the item they will sell it anyway but when anybody else roll on it they start a spam war -.-

Better to make a random system that gives everybody one choice and random reward than this BS that only make people cry all the time over few pixels.

What are you on about ? The very first sentence that people are crying over items which belong to nobody. The whole point is that if a CW item drops and CW in group needs it. Then a GF needs it and wins this isn't right. Class specific items should go to the classes they are intended for.

EDIT: And yes i agree having seperate loot for everyone is the best approach. It worked very well in D3
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just NEED everything I can use and PASS everything I cant use...
  • avenvingavenving Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate doing dungeons for all the reasons stated in this thread. I've not had this problem in any of the other MMOs I've played so I'm not sure why there so many <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in this one game.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    first of all, if you create team before going you can change how to loot, if you go for queue, you get exact same chance on getting the item, so whats wrong with it? queue means you got no teammate right, so you join other who like to go to dungeons, it means you get random, can be the good player or bad one, thats why everyone get same chance on the item. people can take something that not their class for selling too right. if they take more item than you are, you in a bad luck, or it can be otherwise ... why people so much whinning about this... geezze..

PS: I usually take "need", but if other want it I gave it, no big deal, or after the last boss I ask if anyone want to do trade or something. like I'm saying sometime you win, sometime you lose. this is Multiplayer Game, not Singularity Game
  • vinieeboyvinieeboy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have accepted the fact that there are these kindof people in the game. Currently I only do dungeons with guildies and friends. That way you always get what you need and doing the dungeons will be a lot more fun. Imo that's the only solution at the moment.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since you can sell everything on the AH or transfer top end gear to alts , I don't see a problem rolling need on everything like everyone else . If you get something expensive that you don't need you can sell it on the AH and buy yourself the piece of gear that you need and profit .

So basicly I'm just saying - deal with it , or join some carebear guild .
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The entire game is designed to get us to buy Zen to convert to AD to buy stuff. That's why there is no loot system and everything is bind on equip. They want expensive stuff in the AH that people want. That's just the way it is. No point wasting your breath complaining about it. I only Need on things I can use but all that means is I'm being a mug. I think in future I'm going to just do what everyone else is doing and just accept this is an AD/AH based game. It's working exactly as intended and players Needing on everything are playing it exactly as intended. Polite people like me are just nerfing ourselves, especially as it seems the NW 'community' is little more than a pack of feral dogs anyway.
  • lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Since you can sell everything on the AH or transfer top end gear to alts , I don't see a problem rolling need on everything like everyone else . If you get something expensive that you don't need you can sell it on the AH and buy yourself the piece of gear that you need and profit .

So basicly I'm just saying - deal with it , or join some carebear guild .

This is the problem right here. People like you think it`s ok to gear your alt from whatever character you are playing. Nevermind that you are stabbing in the back other people in the group that will actually use it on the class they just ran the dungeon with. You want gear for your alt, go play your alt and run him through a dungeon for the drops. I lost a guardian shield roll to a cleric a few days ago because for some reason he decided to roll need. I didn`t bother to ask why he did it or complain about it, I rightclicked his name and selected ignore.

Just looking at what you wrote tells me that you only care about how much you can make for yourself no matter what it does to others. It`s really a shame the games we like to play always have people with your way of thinking that ruins it for everyone else.

Ohh and btw a carebear guild is a guild that doesn`t do pvp. Should probably learn what the mmo terms mean before slinging them around tryin to look cool. Unless if for reason in the past 10-15 years the meaning of carebear has somehow changed to something else and I wasn`t informed.
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lordhorde wrote: »
    This is the problem right here. People like you think it`s ok to gear your alt from whatever character you are playing. Nevermind that you are stabbing in the back other people in the group that will actually use it on the class they just ran the dungeon with. You want gear for your alt, go play your alt and run him through a dungeon for the drops. I lost a guardian shield roll to a cleric a few days ago because for some reason he decided to roll need. I didn`t bother to ask why he did it or complain about it, I rightclicked his name and selected ignore.

Just looking at what you wrote tells me that you only care about how much you can make for yourself no matter what it does to others. It`s really a shame the games we like to play always have people with your way of thinking that ruins it for everyone else.

Ohh and btw a carebear guild is a guild that doesn`t do pvp. Should probably learn what the mmo terms mean before slinging them around tryin to look cool. Unless if for reason in the past 10-15 years the meaning of carebear has somehow changed to something else and I wasn`t informed.

I agree with everything you say but we're swimming against the game-design tide. You might as well bite the bullet and accept the fact that the game is set up to funnel gear to the AH so people need to buy Zen to convert to AD to buy it. It's sad but if you're not Needing on everything in pug you're just handicapping yourself (unless there is an pre-agreement in place to only Need on stuff you can use).

I'd love a full set of loot options but they aren't there and I bet they're not coming. You might as well Need along with the rest and sell it in the AH to buy what you can use.
  • lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    I agree with everything you say but we're swimming against the game-design tide. You might as well bite the bullet and accept the fact that the game is set up to funnel gear to the AH so people need to buy Zen to convert to AD to buy it. It's sad but if you're not Needing on everything in pug you're just handicapping yourself (unless there is an pre-agreement in place to only Need on stuff you can use).

I'd love a full set of loot options but they aren't there and I bet they're not coming. You might as well Need along with the rest and sell it in the AH to buy what you can use.

I don`t feel that rolling need like everyone else will address this issue. I feel it only adds to the problem. It has been posted in another thread that they are looking into improving the loot system so if we keep making our voices heard, it will get addressed . I can`t bring myself to roll need on something I can`t equip. I wouldn`t want it done to me, even though it has been countless times. So I wouldn`t want to do it to someone else. I know I m bending myself over with this way of thinking but I shouldn`t have to resort to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people over to get ahead in a video game where teamwork is supposed to be the factor for success.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How I roll depends on how others roll. My first few rolls follows: Pass on what I can't use, greed on what I can, unless it's blue/higher tier (exception: if I already have the item, I pass regardless). If anyone starts needing without good reason, or if people rolls need on what they can use, I roll need on what I can use, but still pass on what I can't. I don't bother asking people to change, because that's often pointless. But if people cooperate, so will I.
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I am playing in a group in an MMO -- DDO or this --, I only take the stuff, that is for my class, and nothing more. It's a thing of respect. And I want this respect from other people, too.

If I do not get this insight from someone else, he is soon on my ignorelist. And second, I leave the group behind. Why should I go around with someone like that? I do not speak with random people on the street, too. :D

I cannot await that the partyleader kicks that player, so I go. Simple as that. I can only decide, what I do, not what others should do.
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the Need/Greed/Pass system, sort of. It's annoying that whenever you're in a party, it turns on. I think there should be seperate loots- Chance for you to get something at the end of a dungeon, and a better rare item that you roll on at the end.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is a loot system and economy designed for ninjas. You are either a ninja or a loser, pick your poison :)
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then I go solo. :D As Natural born single player. Game is easy enough, as it is. First casual MMORPG I ever seen. :D