test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please change looting so groups don't argue

13»

Comments

• bloodsuckingparasitebloodsuckingparasite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    DDO stopped that in 2007. For the last 6 years now everyone gets their own chest pull. The rolling system is not controlled by the game, and people can pass their loot pull to whoever they want.

And you know what? DDO has built and expectation in raids that if you pull something and there are people in the group that could use it and you could not, then you are expected to put it up for roll. We don't need dice to tell us whether or not we're rolling for need or for greed, the community does that.

I'm sad to say, that is not true here.
  • therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrowmatic wrote: »
    The problem with NBG is that it trusts us to be rational, courteous adults. For a reality check against that trust, see one of the early responses back on page 1.
    The problem is that "rational" and "courteous" do not overlap completely, and NGP falls right into an area where the two directly conflict. Not to mention it is not very rational to expect courtesy in an MMO...

Otherwise, I agree.

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
  • daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heres is the problem in the dungeons/skirmishes I've done when I'm nice and greed everything I get nothing. So I figure everyone else is needing, so that makes me stop wanting to be nice. I did once need a GF sword be accident, I'm a GWF, and got it. I'm not sure if we had a GF in the group that time or now, but if we did and he asked me for it I would have given it to him.

I'm not sure if they do, sounds kind of like they don't, but they need to somehow make it so that if your class can use the item and someone else can't and both of you pick need, it should still go to the person that can use it before the one that cannot. Like if they insist on the rolling thing, say if a person that can use the item gets a +10 to his roll and the one that cant gets a minus...something like that.

also another issue that I see if Ill run a dungeon and only rogue stuff drops....or GF stuff. Sometime Ill go through and there wont be anything for me....thats annoying too.
  • ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I can't remember which game it was.. may have been Runes of Magic, but one game had a loot system where if you couldn't use the item it didn't even show up in need/greed.
  • misterrmatt4438misterrmatt4438 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    off topic but I cant find the proper place to post this and I cant post a thread yet.. all of my stats are set to zero.. just noticed today.. im a lvl 34 gw fighter- I have the lvl bonus stats but no base stats including racial bonus from half orc... is there any way to fix this or am I hosed?
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's no problem in it's current form.. I _need_ the gold from selling your gear.

As with pretty much any MMO, if you don't like the way gear is doled out in pugs, find guildies to go with. Problem solved.

Or just fix the pathetically bad loot system.

Problem solved.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Or just fix the pathetically bad loot system.

Problem solved.

QFT

Succinct and to the point. Worst loot system in an mmo for quite some time.
  • cosminfofocosminfofo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this developers are idiots do you expect to do anything right?....they ruined such a great game to bad is developed by brain dead monkeys :|
  • namelesscojnamelesscoj Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is an example -.- After a Skirmis only one could get an item..the rest just some money... http://youtu.be/nBUSFkceSG0 and btw if you want more Nerverwinter come by my channel.
  • tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    Guys, it's beta and the devs said they're working on a better loot system, just be patient.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still think they need to Bind on Pickup when Need roll and Bind on Equip with Greed.

I also think all Class based gear should be Bind on Pickup.
  • xanquilxanquil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    The simplest fix is to do away with group loot entirely; give everyone their own loot rolls. Chests already work like this anyway, no reason why it can't be applied to everything else.

This is what is needed. Every action mmorpg uses a individual loot system. I still don't understand why Neverwinter isn't using it.

Not only will this "fix" the loot problem. It will also make que times for groups shorter(in theory), do to people not having to fight other players for loot. The pros simply out number the cons for an individual loot system. (I can't think of any pros to the current n/g/p system)
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    The simplest fix is to do away with group loot entirely; give everyone their own loot rolls. Chests already work like this anyway, no reason why it can't be applied to everything else.

agree, and this is the default loot option, especially when party build based on queuing
  • piperhackpiperhack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Winning by Need should bound the equipment, period.
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Piperhack that is the most clever thing I've ever seen on the forums. o.o

Although that could be risky as I have (in the heat of the moment) clicked need on things that I do not need but my guildies in my party do need.

It's a really good idea but could cause problems for the spiderfingered people such as myself.

If you included a 10 minute window to trade then it would be perfect.

Or just make it so you cannot trade on the auction house.

Having said that. I also have needed gear only to find that the chest gave something much better. Also a problem.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • piperhackpiperhack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Looting method can only be changed in the 5 first minutes of dungeons.
    2) Epic rolls disable window shortcut Shift+1 (you need to click Need)
    3) New looting method Bound on Need:
    a) Only can Need on equipable items.
    b) Winning by Need bound the equipment.

Bye bye, ninja looters.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let everyone have a pull out of the chest, and no one gets to see what you loot. Problem solved.
  • traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I'm interested how does it choose the leader for the party? Is it random or is there some kind of system?

I always thought it was just the person who hit accept first.
  • traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Can't the leader set the loot threshold so that greens are done just like whites at the start of the dungeon and then only blues would go need/greed? Can't the leader set the loot rules to another system at the start of the dungeon?

Also, I agree on anything you can't equip you can't need on since it's impossible to need it (as defined by general MMOG common sense of Need = Going to Equip) anyway.
  • godzhand1godzhand1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    my biggest gripe is that if you don't do something about the loot rolls, soon you will be unable to view the screen during combat. I wish when something was picked up and was to be rolled on the devs would have the items displayed horizontally, left to right, and if you don't bid on something before you run out of room on your screen, it simply just goes invis. till you do roll, then it appears again. if im in the heat of a battle I would be doing a disservice to my fellow TMs if I were to stop and roll for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I don't even want, but alas, often that is what happens because I just cant see whats going on. frankly, would love it if they changed the ui and created a filter for rare or epic items to appear on your screen only, cuz lets face it, I don't want that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in my inv., I don't want to take time out from battle, and I don't want to prolong the quest any longer than I have to. the loot system in this game sucks balls. period. but at least let us turn it off or on. or create filters for it. If there is a way to move it in the HUD, I haven't found it. at least the ability to move it off center, say, all the way to the left would be helpful.