test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote: Wipe or not

imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As title says do you want wipe or you don't want vote maybe cryptic pwe gonna wipe if they see many players want wipe i vote yes wipe
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by imm0rtalboy on

Comments

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just say no to another wipe thread/poll
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh look another useless poll....
    Not going to happen why waste your time.
  • Options
    wodgotwodgot Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    These threads are somewhat irrelevant. That being said, no, I don't want a wipe.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe won't fix anything the client isn't secure and people can hack it to change anything they want, stats, ad, gold you name it.
  • Options
    bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    I voted yes, though I don't really care THAT much. I think it would be nice. You can level all the way to 60 in about a week anyway
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cryptic/pwe would not wipe even if every single guy on the game asked for it

actually they wouldnt even know. they dont care about your opinion. they dont care about what people votes here or anywhere else.

basically you are an object to them. more specifically a walking wallet. and the idea of having to refund tons of money to walking wallets give them the shivers.

enjoy being dehumanized by the absolute worst publisher in tandem with the absolute most catastrophical developer out there
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wodgot wrote: »
    These threads are somewhat irrelevant. That being said, no, I don't want a wipe.

Actually, they're completely irrelevant.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Wipe won't fix anything the client isn't secure and people can hack it to change anything they want, stats, ad, gold you name it.

Proof?

/skeptical
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Drama Queens start new doomsday poll... News at 11 !!!
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    At this point I don't care. I did initially but now I am more about waiting to see if it rebounds. Many of these threads have been made. Some with polls. They usually go towards twice as many for the wipe than against it. However it isn't accurate because usually people that are pissed off are more apt to voice their displeasure with a product while the happy ones are content just using it. In this case playing. Most of the people that want the game to go on are happily playing it right now while those that are not are here in the forums.

The only way to get an accurate count would be to ask at log in before you select a character if you support a wipe or not. I don't see PWE/Cryptic doing that and therefore they will assume that the player base is content. They are looking at the thousands of active accounts as a whole. While it may seem like a large amount of forum goers would like a wipe, I can assure you that number s dwarfed by the amount of people logging in each day.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the time it took you to put up another useless poll. You could of given me all your stuff.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    cryptic/pwe would not wipe even if every single guy on the game asked for it

actually they wouldnt even know. they dont care about your opinion. they dont care about what people votes here or anywhere else.

basically you are an object to them. more specifically a walking wallet. and the idea of having to refund tons of money to walking wallets give them the shivers.

enjoy being dehumanized by the absolute worst publisher in tandem with the absolute most catastrophical developer out there

Ok, this response TOTALLY made this thread worth it. Thanks for the amusement this evening. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop posting info about cheating...you must know by now this is a no no.
    Reported anyhose.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Stop posting info about cheating...you must know by now this is a no no.
    Reported anyhose.

When companies don't take care of security holes white hats release info to the public about it, this is no different.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When companies don't take care of security holes white hats release info to the public about it, this is no different.

Oh, so now exploiters are 'white hats.'

No matter, the Banhammer gets them all.
  • Options
    dynamicdyanmitedynamicdyanmite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    You're one of those loonies that stands at the corners of streets with big signs draped over them and tinfoil hats on, right?

My mommy said not to talk to you people.
  • Options
    jimieusjimieus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    ffs another wipe poll. Let. it. go.
  • Options
    battlechantbattlechant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I did not vote... but thought I would 'chime' in here.

Wiping the servers is not an option at this point. NWO is functional... running in full mode and there are too many players that have too much time invested in their projects. There is just simply too much going on behind the scenes at this point, probably more than what we see as players.

It will work out in the end. If you are willing to stay, give it some time.
    BattleChant
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wipe the whole thing! I don't care as long as I retain my foundry access.
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Just so you are aware, the link you posted shows memory addresses of various game data the client has to keep track of, which is true of all games. Changing this data in the client does not accomplish anything though, since the server already knows what data should go where, what is legit, and does not allow the client to simply change data on the fly. The only reason the client also has storage for this data is so it runs the game properly. If you start changing data in your client, the server's data will conflict with it, and usually ignore everything you change, or possibly just disconnect you altogether.

All this being said, posting links to these kinds of websites is against the forum rules, don't do that.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    *points to sig*

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    fylllsvinfylllsvin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only if we could keep our levels in crafting, if not absolutly no. I spent to much time gathering materials and leveling up.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    *points to sig*

Points to your post and laughs (at not with)........
  • Options
    uristqwertyuristqwerty Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013

No. "white hats" wouldn't even try without getting permission from the company first. "grey hats" would discreetly report it to the company, without posting it publicly, to limit the damage that could be done before the devs get a chance to fix it. "black hats" would abuse it themselves, or share it so that everyone can abuse the flaws. This is clearly the work of black hats, who don't care if it hurts the devs, or script kiddies, who think they are so leet for finding how to read data values and edit the mclientside only.

Do some research, first.
  • Options
    hyyujinhyyujin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what he said
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am not going to submit a vote. It's already been beaten to death and no matter how much you cry out there will not be a wipe. If they were going to do one, they would have. Hashing and rehashing this wastes time.

And for the record, I did vote originally for a wipe, and I had what I felt were legitimate reasons. I am not an exploiter and have played the game legitimately since I joined almost two weeks ago. If they had wiped, I would have supported it, if they didn't, I wasn't going to leave.

It's done. Get over it.
  • Options
    adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Well on release its going to lvl 90. So all the gear you have built up will be useless anyway. So only currency and professions are stuff which most people would never want "wiped".

I dont see a point with a wipe, on release its kind of like a reset anyway with the new content making currenct content outdated.
  • Options
    hydromanhydroman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why whipe when u can just open another server. I think allot of folks would like a fresh start. Opening another server solves the issue of a char whipe.
  • Options
    matrias88matrias88 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Can we have a mod just start closing every post that's asking for a wipe. The developers already stated that its never going to happen ever. Kindly sod off and stop whining about something you will NEVER get. They also plan to merge all 3 shards into 1 shard so you will never get a 4th shard so you can shut up about that too!
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adania666 wrote: »
    Well on release its going to lvl 90. So all the gear you have built up will be useless anyway. So only currency and professions are stuff which most people would never want "wiped".

I dont see a point with a wipe, on release its kind of like a reset anyway with the new content making currenct content outdated.

what about who used exploits to make a lot of AD millions and some of them didn't get banned and other transfer the stuff they purchase using AD to others accounts only wipe will solve this economy ****ed up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]