test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Caturday pack) I appreciate what you're trying to do here but....

werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is not a Q.Q just constructive feedback. No flaming I am entitled to my opinion, flaming however is against the forum rules.:p
First of all i would like to say thank you for the pack, sadly, it's mostly garbage.

Good Stuff:
  • Health stone: Can never go wrong with something like this, by far the best item in the pack.

Okay stuff:
  • Caturday survivor title: Pretty stupid title (IMO, I hate cats in the first place) but at least it doesn't take up inventory space.
  • Teleport scrolls: After level 60 i never leave Protectors Enclave anyway fairly useless.

Bad stuff:
  • Caturday cape: Not a costume item, No stats, and i cant even reskin my neck piece with it. Flat out stupid and useless.
  • Dwarven Facemask(Broken): First of all it's broken -_- thanks... here's a pair of shoes with holes in the bottom of em for ya (J/K). costumes in this game were terribly done this looks bad, goes with nothing (though I'm sure it would look good with my armor... oh wait I can't wear it with my armor because costumes in this game suck) second its clipping is TERRIBLE. it does not even fit on 2 of my characters faces without them going through the mask (Half-Orc and Dwarf)
  • Exp Scrolls: leveling in this game went by too fast as it was. Doing daily foundrys kept me outleveled from the quest zones i was trying to do anyway. Besides that they are useless to a level my 60 characters.(Although i understand that this was intended to help recover the lost levels from the rollback it is highly unnecessary)

In summation, you have to think about all the players if you are going to give something to all the players.
Stuff like the health stone is usable at every level and is all around goodness.
Stuff like teleport scrolls/ exp scrolls Fairly useless

and last Please rethink the way costumes are done
21.jpg
Post edited by werealchemist on

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I disagree, I think it was more than deserved actually, they didn't have to do anything, I was never expecting this much to be honest.

Yes you are "entitled" to your opinion, I just disagree.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I disagree, I think it was more than deserved actually, they didn't have to do anything, I was never expecting this much to be honest.

I respectfully agree with your disagreement, and i also realize they did not have to give anything at all.
    However they did have my hyped up with their announcements of a "Robust" thank you pack and (once again in my opinion) if you are going to make large promises as such, than more than 1 thing in a pack should be on the "good" list for every one, not just some.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the items that clip (not just these items) annoy the hell out of me. I refuse to buy things from the Zen shop for this reason. I fear that when I buy them, they will look terrible and clip.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Exp Scrolls ???

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! That alone makes it awesome. Thank you Cryptic.
  • Options
    rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013

How is it that the moderators don't censor posts with underhanded attacks like this one?
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This pack is all garbage. My account contains 4 characters all of whom lost 6 celestial coins because you 'couldnt' save them. WHAT THE ****

Arguing about the free pack they gave is silly, your actual issue is with the awful celestial coin system, which is clearly designed to be insanely unforgiving and punishing to a point that I don't agree is right personally.

Also, OP's post is great although it's a bit silly to critique it instead of focusing on more "robust" matters at hand in the games direction etc.
    I feel that we're just getting waylaid by this pack and discussion is being further gimped because of it.
  • Options
    krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You make the assumption based on someone thats level 60 what about the thousands of people still leveling that makes alot of these items that you consider useless very usefull and if you had alts of your own already made thats a bonus. They owed everyone nothing and this was just a nice gesture yet someone always finds a way to look a gift horse in the mouth.
  • Options
    auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a decent free pack and the accompanying email was cute, as is the cloak design.

Inventory slots are a bit of a sore spot in this game, though.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The only thing i think they should have added was a proffesions pack and a wards pack to make up for the celestial coins lost by everybody....
    i was just at 7 saving them up (for the first time :o) was looking forward to see what was inside that little box xD

Obviuesly the xp scrolls are for people that lost lvls, since u where 60 this doesnt aply to u, however the heal stones are VERY usefull at ure level i would say. and costumes are just vanity items that would otherwise cost zen i imagine.
    And like previuesly mentioned they dont have to do anything, but they did, and i enjoyed getting it..

But i stil remain on my thought they should have given everybody a proffesions/wards pack (like dual celestial coins week) for the inconvience, i can imagine they cant set this back but just putting out the rewards once would have fixed the complaints around this issue...
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is not a Q.Q just constructive feedback. No flaming I am entitled to my opinion, flaming however is against the forum rules.:p
    First of all i would like to say thank you for the pack, sadly, it's mostly garbage.

Good Stuff:
    • Health stone: Can never go wrong with something like this, by far the best item in the pack.

Okay stuff:
    • Caturday survivor title: Pretty stupid title (IMO, I hate cats in the first place) but at least it doesn't take up inventory space.
    • Teleport scrolls: After level 60 i never leave Protectors Enclave anyway fairly useless.

Bad stuff:
    • Caturday cape: Not a costume item, No stats, and i cant even reskin my neck piece with it. Flat out stupid and useless.
    • Dwarven Facemask(Broken): First of all it's broken -_- thanks... here's a pair of shoes with holes in the bottom of em for ya (J/K). costumes in this game were terribly done this looks bad, goes with nothing (though I'm sure it would look good with my armor... oh wait I can't wear it with my armor because costumes in this game suck) second its clipping is TERRIBLE. it does not even fit on 2 of my characters faces without them going through the mask (Half-Orc and Dwarf)
    • Exp Scrolls: leveling in this game went by too fast as it was. Doing daily foundrys kept me outleveled from the quest zones i was trying to do anyway. Besides that they are useless to a level my 60 characters.(Although i understand that this was intended to help recover the lost levels from the rollback it is highly unnecessary)

In summation, you have to think about all the players if you are going to give something to all the players.
    Stuff like the health stone is usable at every level and is all around goodness.
    Stuff like teleport scrolls/ exp scrolls Fairly useless

and last Please rethink the way costumes are done

Neverwinter is in Open Beta with bugs, game imbalances, etc to be expected. I think the entire virtual gift box is a waste of Cryptic's time which should be focused on getting the servers back online so we can continue to test the game.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have preferred a bag. The broken/clipping/satless, non-cosmetic items are weird. That's just poor quality. XP boost is odd since the leveling is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fast already.

But the truth is, they didn't have to get us anything. The reason for doing it is to garner good will for the fiasco. The low quality of the items doesn't really say that for me, But to be honest, this whole exploit didn't effect me (and i'm sure, most players) at all yet. So..
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Neverwinter is in Open Beta with bugs, game imbalances, etc to be expected. I think the entire virtual gift box is a waste of Cryptic's time which should be focused on getting the servers back online so we can continue to test the game.
    It's not. It's just NOT. You don't keep characters around after BETA. If you're still figuring out weather your commerce works right, you don't take people's money. You can't SAY it's in beta, you have to BE in beta. Cryptic is SAYING it's in beta, but in practice the only thing that is beta is the number of bugs. Hell, PW even says the game is live. I think they should have done a proper beta & wiped characters so that the launch was solid & everything was evened out, but oh well..
  • Options
    glidestrife1glidestrife1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need to give the EXP Scrolls more credit then you have. The biggest loss in the rollback for most players was a few levels, and the EXP scrolls make up for this to a degree. Furthermore, they're trade-able, so even a level 60 player can make use of them by shipping them off to an alt. That said, I have other problems with this pack.

This is the "robust" pack that the Devs were bragging about? Really? I lost almost two weeks of Celestial Coins (which I'm continuing to create tickets on, because there's absolutely no reason they can't actually reimburse said coins) and I'm still missing ~300k AD worth of items between the AH and AD/Zen exchange. This is completely unacceptable, and regardless of whether or not they're using the "beta" crutch, it's no excuse for such a huge loss of items, not because there was a rollback, but because the rollback is impacting my play for the entire week prior.

You know what would make up for it? A Celestial Coin and an Enchanted Key in every pack. Players would walk away feeling like their time was actually compensated. Or how about this? Any player who feels that they were impacted beyond the rollback window, open a ticket, and Cryptic does what it's capable of on a case-by-case basis. It might take them a whole week to get through the tickets, but at least every player would have their issues resolved.

They don't "have" to do anything. Just like they don't "have" to make a game, just like you don't "have" to show up to work, and just like you don't "have" to treat people around you with a general level of respect. Just like not showing up to your job will get you fired, and not treating people with respect is going to cause repeated problems in your life, now doing anything for the playerbase after such a huge time/currency loss would cost, hopefully, tens of thousands of previously loyal players, at least. Any respectable company would see it as their duty to provide each and every player with the gaming experience that they expect, within reason, from Neverwinter, and any self-respecting consumer would chose to not play Neverwinter unless they can feel that their purchases and time are safe, and not to be lost at a moments notice with no real compensation.
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I agree with the fact we were not "entitled" to a point. However, you are leaving out the fact that many people lost C coins and are still waiting to be refunded Zen and AD. I do think their big mistake was when they announced it as being "Robust".

ps to the OP could the xp can be used at 60 to lvl your companion a bit faster?
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Furthermore, they're trade-able, so even a level 60 player can make use of them by shipping them off to an alt. That said, I have other problems with this pack.

actually they are trade-able in name only at this point. You can not actually mail them to another toon on the same account as the mail does not except them.
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You need to give the EXP Scrolls more credit then you have. The biggest loss in the rollback for most players was a few levels, and the EXP scrolls make up for this to a degree. Furthermore, they're trade-able, so even a level 60 player can make use of them by shipping them off to an alt. That said, I have other problems with this pack.
    Exp Scrolls: leveling in this game went by too fast as it was. Doing daily foundrys kept me outleveled from the quest zones i was trying to do anyway. Besides that they are useless to a level my 60 characters.(Although i understand that this was intended to help recover the lost levels from the rollback it is highly unnecessary)

I believe i gave them all due credit
    21.jpg
  • Options
    quijonozquijonoz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While they didn't have to do anything and I appreciate the sentiment, the cape and mask will just get discarded. They take up precious inventory slots, the cape can't be used as a costume piece and the mask is just butt-ugly. The consumables were fine.
  • Options
    xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have to agree on uselessness.
    While Health Stones are okay-ish, cape just takes up inventory (no sane player would keep it on, not with Gear Score to consider and inability to use it for remodelling/costume. Mask clips and looks ugly, teleport scrolls aren't needed on lvl 60 characters and exp boost is negligible at best.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    " I appreciate it... Yet I'm still going to complain about free stuff they didn't even need to give out."
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I liked the pack overall, although I was disappointed that it did not include the 5 or 7 day celestial coin reward, as most of my characters lost their coins (been playing a week Sunday, and were saving them for the 7 day reward).
  • Options
    undeadrebelundeadrebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was amused
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    Lie to me once: "Reports on Friday were the first we heard of the exploit." (See STO AH exploit in previous game title)

Shame on you!

Lie to me twice: "We will offer you a "Robust" compensation package"

Shame on me!

**This game will now and forever be nothing more than F2P for me as I can no longer trust that the provider has the player base's best interests in mind.

:(
  • Options
    drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    rezargamer wrote: »
    How is it that the moderators don't censor posts with underhanded attacks like this one?

Because it comes from a fanboi.
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    "Hey the free to play game in beta is giving me free stuff because some other players broke the game! I think I'll complain about the free stuff I'm getting for the game I don't have to pay for."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    "Hey the free to play game in beta is giving me free stuff because some other players broke the game! I think I'll complain about the free stuff I'm getting for the game I don't have to pay for."

Yeah nobody likes constructive criticism. Get over yourself like I said I'm not complaining and I'm grateful for the attempt but it was a failed attempt as I don't think that they made up for the 20+ celestial coins I lost across my characters.
    21.jpg