test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Thank you pack is junk

Comments

• Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You forgot the sploiters are getting the epic reward pack too so I kinda fixed it for you.

since they stated in the annoucment that they perma banned the exploiters i do not think they will be getting the packs even the ones that only got a 72 hour bann would not since their accounts would be inactive at the moment
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    moradinsballsmoradinsballs Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seraphf wrote: »
    What is this fanboying about? People could say that you are a fanboy too because you spent 60 dollars to get the Guardian pack. Or this is the new phrase for newbie? If you like a game you are a fanboy? Is it a bad thing?.

What I don't understand is what anyone who is NOT a Fanboy is doing here.

I don't post or hangout on the WoW Forums, or the Secret World Forums, or Everquest or any other game I have zero interest in, Do not play, Do not intend to play or do not like.

Why in the world would you be here at all if you weren't a fan? Or someone who plays the game or someone who likes the game? Makes no sense to me!

Why would you even be here if you didn't like the game? It's not like you spent $60 bucks on it! It was free, you have no vested interest or reason to be jaded.

"Well I bought a Hero of The North Pack" Or "I bought Founders Pack" months before the game was released and I got ripped off.

No...no, that was stupid. You didn't get ripped off. You did something stupid, get over it and hopefully you won't do anything so stupid again, you have no one to be mad at but yourself. Who the hell does that? The same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that get scammed on the internet?
  • Options
    brockwell009brockwell009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    with the system they have for reporting bugs there is really no point on sending in tickets, people sending tickets for bigger issues and gets ignored for weeks....do you think they would bother reading "small" issues like this?

I'm sick of this game and his crew!

Normally, if people are sick of something they move on. They get themselves out of the situation. Oddly, some people do not ... they continue to swim in their own discontent and make **** sure to tell let people know about it ...
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    lol!!! speaking the fanboy No.1 on these forums! Entitled to be thruthspeaking ahahaha

you made my day mate!

You are confusing truth with opinion slick.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are confusing truth with opinion slick.

and you are just opinionated, right? ahahahaha...

Sure mate, as you say ;)
    You still made my day!
  • Options
    tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Was hoping the pack would include something for those of us that lost celestial coins.

Right an easy fix for this would be to give us 1 of everything that you can get with the Celestian coins, buti nstead I'll be able to teleport to the enclave 5 times even though I literally never leave it since there is a queue system.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Ya I would have much rather exploited than got this skimpy worthless pack that now takes up inventory slots.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    On today's internet unless you are part of the self entitled constant hate squad, you are a fanboy. haters make alt accounts to agree with each other and the drama bomb continues.

Also no the stuff about the exploiters isn't FUD, but it was highly exaggerated.

How is it self entitled to expect a bug, which was identical to one which affected the auction house in a previous title of theirs, to not be cloned, that being the EXACT same bug caused by issues with negative values?

Come on... are you telling me it doesn't look like they cut corners and copy pasted code from one game to the other to save costs and time and ended up using the old buggy code?

As for the claim that people make alt accounts to agree with themselves, I'll merely offer you the same response you so often throw out yourself in a hope that you will regain some of the sense I've seen you make occasionally and stop hurting your own credibility

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGYIKoNxcXDycViCncT3Xub5-lPbqEYMaSyxSxn2ww7ySdJIBUcA
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I think the "thank you pack" could have been better, & would have been if .....

A. We had separate slots for "neck" & "cloak" items ... it's quite lame to have to choose between one or the other, especiallly when one gives stats & the other is clearly just a fashion item ... which brings me to .....

B. If we had fashion slots for cloaks. Why we don't have fashion items for cloaks is utterly beyond me.

As a result, the cloak is currently useless for anyone who has a stat-giving item in their neck/cloak slot.

I have no other objections about the "thank you" pack, especially since I didn't lose anything to begin with.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a pretty sad thank you to be honest. A mask to replace the one we got as founders. A non stat cape that can only be placed in the stat necklace slot. If the cap could have been placed somehow as a fashion item might have been useful. or if it was account bound even to use on a new alt. The xp is usefull at 60 to help lvl up a companion. For myself, I really would not use it till then as I actuall enjoy seeing the quests ad you lvl so fast in this game anyway.

I would still like to know how you intend to compensate those of us who lost Celestial coins.
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    seraphfseraphf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see. Thanks for the answer :)
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yea it is junk...

they shoudl have given something awesome for this...bag,mount,hireling...
  • Options
    wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baaddare wrote: »
    since they stated in the annoucment that they perma banned the exploiters i do not think they will be getting the packs even the ones that only got a 72 hour bann would not since their accounts would be inactive at the moment

Except they haven't or certainly not all of them a lot are still to be seen in game still selling off the swag. And now we have a new PvP AFK glory exploit apparently doing the rounds why? Probably because there wasn't any comeback first time around.

I actually couldn't care less what they give as a freebie nothing at all would be fine just please pay attention to bug reports, fix the issues you know are there and deal with players that breach your terms... that would be the best thank you and is the only one that counts.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Normally, if people are sick of something they move on. They get themselves out of the situation. Oddly, some people do not ... they continue to swim in their own discontent and make **** sure to tell let people know about it ...

Because its not a black and white situation. Most people arent quitting or threatening to quit because of what amounts to a minor inconvenience in a video game. And those who did quit arent here posting about it.

The large percentage of those letting people know about it like the game, want to play it, but under better conditions. The issue is that the loudest bunch which is also the smallest percentage, plow onto the forums posting that its so bad the situation cant be resolved, but then they tab back in and continue to play Neverwinter.

Since we know actions speak louder than words, its not hard to understand what their actual position is.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rezargamer wrote: »
    And yet I suspect you and the other fanboys are loyal FOX News viewers.

If we were, we would believe the 4chan and reddit kind of material and eat up the photoshopped screenshots, believe the unproven "facts" and cite "a friend of a friend said..." claims. I understand that these bullying tactics work in high school -- the labels, the personal attacks --, but you know, when you get to an age where you have or could have children older than you, then it's not very offensive to be called a fanboy simply for not buying into the FUD or the drama.

If not bashing everyone and everything makes someone a fanboy, then so be it. I think I prefer being open minded and looking at the different sides of a situation instead of diving into drama and finding fault in everything. As someone else said, if I felt about this game and the company like you do, I would not waste a minute of my time playing the game or participating in the community. It doesn't make sense, at least not if you have any sort of appreciation for your own time. It really just makes you look immature.

But anyway, that was enough attention. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the thing is if Neverwinter was such a fanboi centric game half of these yo-yos would be shouting their opinions from a 3rd party fansite. (hatesite??) the issue with that is the devs aren't really getting any feedback, just a lot of over the top hype and drama.

This is why I passed on the Volunteer mod program...I would have gone ban happy.

And by your logic, who generated all this negativity in the first place. Broken game and bad decision on the follow up or people just hating the game from day 1? Think about it and you tell me.
  • Options
    frigidheartfrigidheart Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh noes, my gif, it's.. it's not working!
  • Options
    sneeksneek Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I don't understand is what anyone who is NOT a Fanboy is doing here.

I don't post or hangout on the WoW Forums, or the Secret World Forums, or Everquest or any other game I have zero interest in, Do not play, Do not intend to play or do not like.

Why in the world would you be here at all if you weren't a fan? Or someone who plays the game or someone who likes the game? Makes no sense to me!

Why would you even be here if you didn't like the game? It's not like you spent $60 bucks on it! It was free, you have no vested interest or reason to be jaded.

"Well I bought a Hero of The North Pack" Or "I bought Founders Pack" months before the game was released and I got ripped off.

No...no, that was stupid. You didn't get ripped off. You did something stupid, get over it and hopefully you won't do anything so stupid again, you have no one to be mad at but yourself. Who the hell does that? The same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that get scammed on the internet?

It's very simple... This is a social site to discuss ANYTHING about the game. Whether it be good or bad or indifferent, doesn't matter. The problem is when some people have no self thinking and are just "sheep". They will just say anything, even if it is absolutely false, to try to make the game/PWE look good. These people are called "fanboys".

Other people have some common sense and see what things are at face value. If the game/PWE screws up, well then they screwed up, that's it. But the fanboys will never see that and continue to try and convince, lie, make excuses, whatever it takes to try and make the game/PWE look good again. What the fanboys don't realize is they are doing more harm than good.

Bottom line, everyone has a right to do whatever they want. So post, don't post, do whatever you want. But please use your own brain and make your OWN decisions and look at the whole situation before you come to a conclusion and post. Don't just listen to some rampant fanboy/non fanboy post, be a snowflake! :)
    Guardian Founder position in queue:187,978 with 2+ hrs. wait time. So glad I supported PWE and...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The teleport scrolls and XP Boost is awesome! That'll save me some AD, and unlike many of you, I didn't rush to 60! I took my time... sorta, I have a 49 CW and 40 TR. :P

But I didn't rush it, and this XP boost is gonna be awesome!

If you're already at 60, then just level up an alt! If you don't have a CW or TR or even Cleric, then you gotta play'em! They are so much fun!
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you enjoy the game you are a fanboi now. Meh. Whatever.

I'll continue to have fun they will continue to be miserable and troll the forums of the games they hate.

Well, it is actually the outburst from mild depression. Many people suffer from it but they don't realize it. Patients suffering from depression have an irresistible urge to snap out, attack people and their opinions and cause general 'pain' to others to alleviate their every day frustrations. They usually do this to the closest people (normally family or friends) and the anonymity of internet forums is just a godsend to them: being able to be a jerk without being punched in the mouth
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Making up your own definitions now to support you own arguments? Not surprising.

Here's the definition of fanboy:

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with a liking and enthusiasm for something. Fans of a particular thing...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboy

: a boy who is an enthusiastic devotee (as of comics or movies) --Merriam-Webster

I believe the term, is used in place of "other" more ban-worthy and obviously ad hominem alternatives.
    His post is correct though, there's a severe lack of quotation marks when folks use the term but are implying worse.
  • Options
    novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Do you really expect your going to get something thats worth anything as compensation from PWE
    All they did was use this as a promo for health stones. TBH, i wonder why they didnt create 5 or 10 use version of the stone just for this case.
  • Options
    brockwell009brockwell009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Making up your own definitions now to support you own arguments? Not surprising.

Here's the definition of fanboy:

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with a liking and enthusiasm for something. Fans of a particular thing...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboy

: a boy who is an enthusiastic devotee (as of comics or movies) --Merriam-Webster

whoa whoa ! Getting far too logical. Get ready to dodge the personal insults headed your way.
  • Options
    rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    If we were, we would believe the 4chan and reddit kind of material and eat up the photoshopped screenshots, believe the unproven "facts" and cite "a friend of a friend said..." claims. I understand that these bullying tactics work in high school -- the labels, the personal attacks --, but you know, when you get to an age where you have or could have children older than you, then it's not very offensive to be called a fanboy simply for not buying into the FUD or the drama.

If not bashing everyone and everything makes someone a fanboy, then so be it. I think I prefer being open minded and looking at the different sides of a situation instead of diving into drama and finding fault in everything. As someone else said, if I felt about this game and the company like you do, I would not waste a minute of my time playing the game or participating in the community. It doesn't make sense, at least not if you have any sort of appreciation for your own time. It really just makes you look immature.

But anyway, that was enough attention. :)
    Quite sure that I'm older than you and I never use those sites you mention.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    How is it self entitled to expect a bug, which was identical to one which affected the auction house in a previous title of theirs, to not be cloned, that being the EXACT same bug caused by issues with negative values?

Come on... are you telling me it doesn't look like they cut corners and copy pasted code from one game to the other to save costs and time and ended up using the old buggy code?

As for the claim that people make alt accounts to agree with themselves, I'll merely offer you the same response you so often throw out yourself in a hope that you will regain some of the sense I've seen you make occasionally and stop hurting your own credibility

Spike...dude, I respect you opinion on a lot of things, but giving me the tinfoil? I have seen folks do it first hand, it happens more often than CM's care to admit, over on STO last year there was a forum war going on between three people come to find out it was one guy, my two workmates who were banned are still on the forums with new alt accounts. it's really one of the oldest forms of social engineering, only it rarely works because the devs keep decent metrics. No it's not every case, but it is happening a lot here.

Now for the other part, it's not entitled to expect a bug from another title not to be replicated, what's self entitled is screaming about a thank you gift. As for code copying every developer does it, the disconnect was with QA, and Cryptic not prioritising what exploit needed to be addressed first which many developers are guilty of.

Now if saying this makes me a fanboi or /tinfoil so be it, opinions from faceless people on the internet doesn't mean that much anyway.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You obviously have no clue, how mmo's actually work. The data is stored, every little thing. The data isn't being selected by hand, it is just a software processing it. I recommend you to be quiet, to prevent yourself from being looked at as an idiot.

Peace.

It doesn't take just a day to sniff through data to find the correct variable to find the exploiters. Like I said, my buddy got it away with it by doing it in moderation and not doing it with such large amounts at a time.

I'm pretty sure once they sniff out all the people who used the negative integer in the AH, all those initial accounts that used that -integer will be banned, but there's a way to get around that. The alt account does all the exploiting. The main account place a bogus sale on the AH. For example, a rank 1 enchant for 700k astral diamonds. Obviously, the only person who would buy that is his alt account that did all that exploiting. Technically, PW can track all of this down but it would take a very long time to investigate every single transaction that the accounts that used the negative integer made. But think about all the transactions that the main account made, like... having a ton of zen and buying things from the zen shop then putting it up on the AH for completely random person to buy. You see where this is going? It's like a never ending tree of transactions that is tainted.

The longer the AH is down, the more people that will quit. Now, PW got smart and took the zen exchange down as well so this forces impatient players to actually buy zen directly from PW. (I was one of them. I spent 10 bux to get 1000 zen so i can buy the feat respec for 600 zen)

Oh btw, don't get me started on why they made the respec stone 600 zen instead of 500 zen. See.... they know that is going to be the most popular item on their shop because they've done it many times before on their other games. By selling it for 600, it forces the player to buy 1000 zen for 10 dollars because if the player only bought 5 dollars worth of zen, they only get 500, still 100 short to get the stone.

It's not genius, and it's just business, but it's also.... very.... dishonorable.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the stuff. I am happy with what they gave me, people really need to lay off on the hate... or... QUIT THE GAME? ...
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Was hoping the pack would include something for those of us that lost celestial coins.

I just want my ticket replied to, if they dont return the stuff that was deleted by their bug then return it to me in zen if, they dont do that then I guess i am going back to another MMO.
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Plain fact is they did something.

And I am not really sure it is over, since the AH is still down. There is probably a massive amount of data to sift through in there. So if you have exploited and gotten away with it so far, don't feel lucky just yet.

OFF TOPIC (or about the topic). Excellent job on the Moderators here. First read through had a lot of angry insults being bandied about and poof they are history now. Keep up the good work...
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
This discussion has been closed.