test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Thank you pack is junk

kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As compared to the cats that the expoiters got.

So as a legit player you get:

- 5 teleport scrolls (ok i guess, not hugely useful at level 60)
- Xp bonus items (useless at 60)
- Cosmetic items (give me a cat instead)
- Stone of health (Thanks for these, now can you up the gold gain so I can afford potions when this runs out?)
- Cape (I know you don't like us to have inventory space, the cape is cool but I won't be wearing it ever really)
- Grey item (Bugged~! lol!)

As an exploiter you get:

- Massive amounts of AD
- Zen if you traded before the LolBack
- RL money if you dealt with RMT
- Cats, I whole litter of them
- Mount training (enough to train a small army of cavalry)
- Whatever else you spent the AD on

Really underwhelming, the catastrophe's aftershocks still remain. Failure after failure.

Edit: The grey item isn't bugged, it is the title we were told we woudl get. WTS title for cat, send tell in game.
Post edited by kevinf08 on

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The XP boosters are account-bound and can be mailed to current or future alts, and they also work at 60 for companions. Not all of us have rank 15 white companions.

The stuff about the exploiters is all unproven and polemical FUD.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    As an exploiter you get:

- Massive amounts of AD
    - Stone of health (Thanks for these, now can you up the gold gain so I can afford potions when this runs out?)
    - Cape (I know you don't like us to have inventory space, the cape is cool but I won't be wearing it ever really)

You forgot the sploiters are getting the epic reward pack too so I kinda fixed it for you.
  • Options
    rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    I just want to be able to use the cape visual together with my actual (stat giving) necklace..
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was hoping the pack would include something for those of us that lost celestial coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, this is kind of disappointing, I can only pretty much use one of these items, the XP bonus towards one of my other toons. I was really hoping they would throw in a Bag of holding that can be used across all Toons. Would it have killed you Cryptic to be a little more generous and give us a bag? The bag to me is more useful than anything they really could have offered.

Speaking of Bags, How about a new Tab for all those Enchantments. that is what is really killing my bag space.
  • Options
    sp4rk75sp4rk75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While the token gesture is appreciated, I'd of preferred it if they had spent the time attempting to fix the parts of the game that are either broken or not working as they should!
  • Options
    stepoystepoy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

As an exploiter you get:

- Massive amounts of AD

Really underwhelming, the catastrophe's aftershocks still remain. Failure after failure.

I SUPPORT THIS!!!!@!@ 100%

he forgot to say that we lost **** in the rollback as well...

i lost 400k AD

now i have a cape?!?!!?!?!

madrfakr you better be joking about your Thank you pack....its not enough!!!!! make it enough!!!! now!!!
  • Options
    greyanagreyana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Here's a bunch of items which are of limited use to a handful of players as compensation for not gaining a massive advantage in time, gold, AD and/or ZEN."

Priceless.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ah yes, let's give people money, get ripped off and just walk away blindly like good sheeple, thanks for your comments!

No one was ripped off. I doubt most of you spent even a cent, but let's assume you did: Will sitting here and moaning get you your money back? Or will it, after that small boost of "wow, I showed them!", just continue to frustrate you? It's the same behavior that obsessive people display after their partner dumped them. They can't let go, can't walk away, and only upset themselves more. Eventually you will walk away, or get walked away, and the result is still the same.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    stepoystepoy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how about you give us BAGS insted of taht stupid cape???
  • Options
    flybynight2112flybynight2112 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thank you pack is frigging awesome. I have yet to spend a dime on this game and I was taking a week long break from leveling my one and only level 23 character. So none of this weekends stuff affected me at all. AND I get free stuff. Now that's what I call a great company that wants to keep me playing.

What's that? Some cheaters got more stuff than I did by cheating? DANGIT TO THE NINE HELLS!! NOW I CAN'T PLAY MY CHARACTER!!! Oh, what? I can still play my character? YES!! The exploit didn't affect me at all? NICE!!! The exploit that didn't affect me was fixed? COOL!!! I can still join up with my friends and run dungeons and just pal around and have a good time? SWEET!!!

The heck do I care if some hillbilly has a bajillion diamonds? Game's still fun to me.
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No bags cost Zen. No way sorry.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    No one was ripped off. I doubt most of you spent even a cent, but let's assume you did: Will sitting here and moaning get you your money back? Or will it, after that small boost of "wow, I showed them!", just continue to frustrate you? It's the same behavior that obsessive people display after their partner dumped them. They can't let go, can't walk away, and only upset themselves more. Eventually you will walk away, or get walked away, and the result is still the same.

I dont' know what your trying to say here, but people did get ripped off!
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will enjoy my junk, because 2 days ago I never thought I would get any free junk.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    As an exploiter you get:

banned

/10char
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

As an exploiter you get:

- Massive amounts of AD

i did not got the teleport scrolls so i guess the items on the pack were given random??
    WTF i shall do with exp scrolls at lvl 60?
    and with the GREEN CAPE that is worthless? really PWE? i'm speechless lol!!!
    The only thing usable was the 50 hp pots that i could esily buy by myself lol!

And like this was not enough to make me angry for today, i decided to open my lvl 60 pack that was on my mail box from when i lvled up and the rank5 enchantment that was inside just vanished to nowhere!!
    Is not on my bag, nor my bank nowhere!
    Screw you Perfect world!
  • Options
    panzer88panzer88 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    i decided to open my lvl 60 pack that was on my mail box from when i lvled up and the rank5 enchantment that was inside just vanished to nowhere!!
    Is not on my bag, nor my bank nowhere!
    Screw you Perfect world!

ROFL same thing happened to me. Great virtual high five, or slap in the face, whichever you want to call it.
    I also have to say some of the replies in this thread are hilarious. I didn't see how much value the pack was until I read this thread. lol
    I got more enjoyment out of the funny responses than I did the "sorry we ignored exploits and tried to sweep stuff under the rug but it didn't work and we got caught" pack.
  • Options
    cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, its pathetic.

Not only is it a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, that I woudl consider insulting if the rollback was 7mins let alone 7hours or more (and does not fix the wider issues anyway), but even the XP boosts, despite beign account bound, cannot be sent to alts...
  • Options
    kimosami8kimosami8 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    ALRIGHT!!! Character bound XP Boosts for my level 60!!!!
  • Options
    lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013

As an exploiter you get:

- Massive amounts of AD

You nailed it bro. It's a joke. I loved logging in today to see the Chinese gold farming sites spamming my mailbox and zone chat in overdrive. Cryptic didn't even make a dent with their "corrective action" and LOLbans (as an exploiter on reddit called them) that missed mule accounts full of toons with duped AD and high end AH items.
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    kimosami8 wrote: »
    ALRIGHT!!! Character bound XP Boosts for my level 60!!!!

arent you thankful ?
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

- Stuff you can use.

As an exploiter you get:

- Banned

Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    fursnakefursnake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    I find the pack to be like a few pieces of candy and a worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The cape is stupid looking and totally worthless to boot given the fact that they couldn't even implement separate neck and cape/cloak slots. Thus the cape is a worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to me. The other items are just temporary pack space fillers.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think the grey item was the title. How was it bugged?

Honestly we got about what I expected. They can't make money if they give away stuff like bags and such. And I kind of like the cape. Granted I won't be wearing it on all my characters but I will on some. Its a nice touch. Something the characters can hold onto to show off later.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    seraphfseraphf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is this fanboying about? People could say that you are a fanboy too because you spent 60 dollars to get the Guardian pack. Or this is the new phrase for newbie? If you like a game you are a fanboy? Is it a bad thing? But as I see your comment has been removed :(.

As for the topic, there's no good choice to make, there are several peeps who plays the game, and you cant please everyone. This is just a game, its there so you can have fun, if the fun factor isn't enough you dont need to play. But this is my line of thinking, everyone has a different side of thoughts to share.
  • Options
    rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    ^ fanboy means someone that blindly defends a company no matter what.

It doesn't mean just fan, it's someone that has lost perspective.
    imivo wrote: »
    The stuff about the exploiters is all unproven and polemical FUD.

And yet I suspect you and the other fanboys are loyal FOX News viewers.
  • Options
    mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    its just sad now day to see kids think they get ripped off becoz they jelly didnt get the chance to cheat
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seraphf wrote: »
    What is this fanboying about? People could say that you are a fanboy too because you spent 60 dollars to get the Guardian pack. Or this is the new phrase for newbie? If you like a game you are a fanboy? Is it a bad thing? But as I see your comment has been removed :(.

As for the topic, there's no good choice to make, there are several peeps who plays the game, and you cant please everyone. This is just a game, its there so you can have fun, if the fun factor isn't enough you dont need to play. But this is my line of thinking, everyone has a different side of thoughts to share.

On today's internet unless you are part of the self entitled constant hate squad, you are a fanboy. haters make alt accounts to agree with each other and the drama bomb continues.

Also no the stuff about the exploiters isn't FUD, but it was highly exaggerated.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've sent a bug report about this around 2 weeks ago, no reply yet. Instead of fixing small bugs they put new items into the zen store...

with the system they have for reporting bugs there is really no point on sending in tickets, people sending tickets for bigger issues and gets ignored for weeks....do you think they would bother reading "small" issues like this?

I'm sick of this game and his crew!
This discussion has been closed.