test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll #10: Hot Topics of Early 2013 - Welcome New Blood!

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
Welcome to Neverwinter all you new faces of the past few days! This tenth poll continues to focus on the hottest topics that have arisen on the forums over the past few weeks. (Regulars may notice a few questions from past polls, feel free to answer em again or let em go..)

I'm dedicating this poll to all the new blood, here's a great way to break the ice and allow us to hate you.. err, I mean get to know you! :D

So without further ado, welcome to the Neverwinter community. All I ask is to please wipe yer dirty feet on the entry mat, and that you please answer questions with common sense & decency... Thanks!

1. Land of hypothetical: Cryptic can make only three more classes this year, and one more race, please name your favorites!

a. Three Classes:

b. One Race:

2. PCGamer's Neverwinter Online's mount key codes giveaway "secretly" granted closed beta access. What was your opinion on the article compared to past media interviews on NWO? Did you buy the mag in a retail outlet/newsstand, download it onto your PC or use a mobile device?

3. Are you more a D&D fan or an MMO fan? What past D&D computer games have you played, if any? What MMOs did you spend time in?

4. PvP is of course a hot topic again. Lets assume PvE and PvP are done extremely well, from your perspective. How do you see yourself spending the bulk of your time in Neverwinter?

a. 100% PvE

b. 100% PvP

c. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

d. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP

e. PvP mostly, dabble in PvE

5. Marketing, folks! Focusing solely on the positive, what could Cryptic do in 2013 to best market the game? Here's your chance to put on your marketing cap.. tin foil and all...

6. How would you like to see race affect your character in Neverwinter?

7. Have you played another PWE or Cryptic game in the past or are currently? Which games? How would you rate the "community" for each game?

8. How character creation will work upon game launch is always a hot topic. With so much hype surrounding user generated content this past summer and fall, it seems detailed information pertaining to character creation seems sparce in comparison.

Which build options would you prefer Neverwinter ship with upon launch:

a. only pre-generated toons that follow a pre-determined route
b. only pre-generated toons that you can customize as you level.
c. Ability to pick your own stats, skills, feats etc and customize as you level.
d. Having the option to follow a pre-determined route or customize your own character, including determining your stats, skills, feats, etc.

How important is having control over the building and leveling of your character? What are the pros and cons of a robust character creation and leveling system with excellent descriptions and options as opposed to a streamlined character creation system which pre configures the creation and path(s) your character can take?

9. Anyone who's run with me in past MMOs knows I love my crowd control. Some casters/bards do, some don't. Should this be a priority for Neverwinter? What Wizard or Bard spells have you enjoyed using that you would love to see implemented in NWO?

10. If you will be creating user generated content for Neverwinter (the Foundry), what do YOU NEED to best succeed in telling your story. Do you think there is "a deal breaker" that would make you NOT want to create any user content? Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 dream weavers can really by instrumental in answering this one, and I welcome it!

11. The game launches in five minutes. What is the first thing you are going to do... roll a character or enter the Foundry to start making a quest? How much time to you plan to spend in the Foundry as opposed to playing the game?

12. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it? Name one feature that you'd love to see added to the game, that you don't believe will make it in at launch, but would love to see happen at launch or soon after.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    [h=2]Cast your vote! :)[/h]

Copy/Paste Ballot:

a. Three Classes:

b. One Race:

a. 100% PvE

b. 100% PvP

c. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

c. Ability to pick your own stats, skills, feats etc and customize as you level.
    d. Having the option to follow a pre-determined route or customize your own character, including determining your stats, skills, feats, etc.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Copy/Paste Ballot:

1. xxxxx

a. Three Classes: Bard, Monk, Invoker

b. One Race: Dragonborn

2. xxxxx

3. More D&D than MMO. I don't remember missing any D&D game.

5. Pfftttt.... marketing. Don't they have a plan?

6. Race and class specific quests. And stuff - making replayability important for the game.

7. xxxxx

8. If PvP is going to be important,

9. I want mobs dance in NW like in DDO

10. No deal breaker. My story will zero in on you whether you like it or not :p

11. O my got! I gotta make my foundry quest! OK! Breathe breathe .... its ok we will do it on deadline!

12. I will walk away... nah!
    I would love to see multiclassing and hybrid.

EDIT: A bit of old blood in the new isn't bad :) Oh! Hate me more!
  • Options
    sulmoracsulmorac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

a. Three Classes: i say paladin,ranger and one of the new psionic class that the 4e introduced

b. One Race: Dragonoid FTW

2. xxxx

3.D&D fans first and than MMO fans

4. xxxxxxxxx

a. 100% PvE->yes

b. 100% PvP->no

c. 50%-50% PvE - PvP->no

d. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP->no

e. PvP mostly, dabble in PvE->no

5. don't care about marketing

6. hmmm if it's possible having some quest or major character reactly in different way or a quest line dedicated to the specific race

7. no

8. How character creation will work upon game launch is always a hot topic. With so much hype surrounding user generated content this past summer and fall, it seems detailed information pertaining to character creation seems sparce in comparison.

Which build options would you prefer Neverwinter ship with upon launch: c

How important is having control over the building and leveling of your character? What are the pros and cons of a robust character creation and leveling system with excellent descriptions and options as opposed to a streamlined character creation system which pre configures the creation and path(s) your character can take?

9. xxxxxxxxxxxx

10.xxxxxx

11. roll a character, i will try the foundry later

12. xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    1. 3 classes: SwordMage, Ardent, & Avenger
    One Race: Don't care since Drow is one of the announced races. I'll never play another race muhaha.

2. What article, I bought it for the code LOL....Ohh j/k, the article was pretty good but it made it sound like the game was being held up due to poor balance on Daily powers.

3. Honestly I would have to say MMO fan, even though AD&D was my first fantasy gamining medium. Started back in 1982 when I was in 8th grade.

4. I used to consider myself an avid PvP'er (consentual) because I loved DAoC's RvR and WoW's Arena's & Battlegrounds, but I've come to realization all I really care for is dungeon delving, small group activities and perpetual & progressive adventure/exploration. GW2 has tought me to not care about PvP at all.

a. 100% PvE

5. Put out Ads across gaming mediums. Do more intierviews (like Podcasts with Andre :eek:) and give me alpha invite without signing an NDA so I can hype the heck out of the game. ;)

6. I('ve always been a fan of gamebreaking overpowered racials, loved it WoW, loved it in Rift but sadly those all got nerfed to hell.

7. Torchlight II and PWI (although I didn't particularly care much for it) I also beta tested STO but I learned I dislike Sci-Fi. I also played City of Heroes for about 9 months back before WoW was released and Mythic destroyed DAoC with Trials of Atlantis.

8. Picked D, I am all for total freedom when ever a choice is given

9. I like CC myself but if PvP is implemented you have to take that into context.

10. As long as I can make detailed multiple hour long incursions into the recesses of my mind then I will be happy. I don't ever recall gettting together with my gaming buddies and sittingdown at the Kitchen Table to play a sesion for 30 miutes LOL. Most of our sessions went all weekends long with no sleep breaks. Even though I am not 20'something any more and No way my frail elderly body can withstand more then 16 hours without sleep (lol) I still wish to harken back to the time when doing a dungeon and/or quest took a few hours. For this reason Alone, Asheron's Call will always be my favorite MMO.

11. Delve into the Foundry, I really want to take advantage of this system and try to produce the most outstanding content I can. I will then roll my main character and do as much gaming as possible to get a feel for the game and the mechanics that make it feel alive and accessible, then use that knowledge in my foundry missions.

12. While nothing so far is a deal breaker to me I will say the heavy use of instancing and lack of character progression up to this point is lacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013

a. Ranger, Paladin, druid
    b. One Race: half orc

2. as a uk resident this really annoyied me, as i missed out :( heres hoping i win death sickles raffle :)

3.More D&D than MMO. I don't remember missing any D&D game.
    baulders gate

5. BETA!!!!!

6. Race and class specific quests. And stuff - making replayability important for the game.

7.n/a

9. c/c is awesome some if not most should have a skill with c/c. This is after an mmo adaptation.

10.From what ive seen of the foundary its easy to use and allows for RP due ti diaologue loops and stroy telling. I want to roll a character first then get bak to me.

11.roll a charcter

12. 12. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it? Name one feature that you'd love to see added to the game, that you don't believe will make it in at launch, but would love to see happen at launch or soon after.

Well i only recently became aware of this but,

I really would like to buy a physical compy of the game downloading it really dos not appeal to me, as i ahve a limited monthly usage of 15 gig being in the UK.

I might not be able to actually download this game where i live :(.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

a. Rageblood Barbarian, Ranger & Druid

b. Goliath

2. UK resideant here too so no choice for me :mad:

3. Mixture of both although D&D was my first love (going back to original edition!)

PvE mostly, dabble in PvP
    Mainly like to team up for PVE but am willing to start a fight or two

5. Any more amount of marketing would be nice

6. Obviously stats, perhaps race specific starting areas, certain aspects of character custimisation (eg height)

7. Played:- COH/COV - loved, loved, loved. Community was great. many hours spent here
    Champions - Enjoyed. Community started of well. Havn't spent so much time here lately (although am a life time member.

Its my character. I want them to be how I imagined them to be.

9. I'm more of a brawler then controller...you looking at me!

10. Have dabbled in DMing in the past but am really a player so will spend my time beating user generated content

11. Book emergency time off work, create character, shed some blood.

12. Not a deal breaker, and I do have full faith in Cryptic, but a sufficient amount of character custimisation at character creation (within limits of race, no 8 foot tall halflings please)
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. Land of hypothetical: Cryptic can make only three more classes this year, and one more race, please name your favorites!

a. Three Classes:

b. One Race:

Monk, Warlock, Swordmage; Warforged
    2. PCGamer's Neverwinter Online's mount key codes giveaway "secretly" granted closed beta access. What was your opinion on the article compared to past media interviews on NWO? Did you buy the mag in a retail outlet/newsstand, download it onto your PC or use a mobile device?

Pretty par for the course for preview articles. Nothing objectionable, but I'd have preferred a bit more concrete look at mechanics, and less on story background. I bought the magazine at a grocery store.
    3. Are you more a D&D fan or an MMO fan? What past D&D computer games have you played, if any? What MMOs did you spend time in?

More D&D; my favorite MMO, and the only one I've stuck with for more than a couple months is DDO, which I played from F2P launch till mid last year. But mostly because I haven't found another MMO with the right combination of action-combat and interesting quests. Hopefully, Neverwinter will be that game.

But really, I'm more into tabletop RPGs in general than D&D itself. 4E is the only edition I have any desire to play at all, and I haven't even played that in quite a while. I run another game (a very heavily homebrewed game based on Wild Talents), and play in a couple others (Dungeon World and Savage Worlds).
    4. PvP is of course a hot topic again. Lets assume PvE and PvP are done extremely well, from your perspective. How do you see yourself spending the bulk of your time in Neverwinter?

Almost exclusively PvE. I don't think heavy advancement-based games go well with PvP.

Some minor mechanical bonuses. Ideally, bonuses that are roughly equally valuable to all classes (so no stat bonuses).
    7. Have you played another PWE or Cryptic game in the past or are currently? Which games? How would you rate the "community" for each game?

I played Raiderz a bit. Didn't really have much sense of the community. Spammers were a big problem, though.

I'd prefer full customizability on par with tabletop 4E, although not necessarily using the same mechanics (feats could use an overhaul, for one). But I'm fine with a launch with limited customizability, as long as the gameplay experience is a lot of fun, which it looks like it will be.
    9. Anyone who's run with me in past MMOs knows I love my crowd control. Some casters/bards do, some don't. Should this be a priority for Neverwinter? What Wizard or Bard spells have you enjoyed using that you would love to see implemented in NWO?

Crowd Control is definitely a good thing to have to enable varied tactical options in combat. It's a really tricky thing to get right, though. A lot of MMOs, Crowd Control feels rather underwhelming with just short duration stuns. In DDO, at least when I left, it was so powerful in dealing with trash mobs that non-casters had little purpose outside of DPSing down bosses, which are just plain immune to crowd control effects.

It should be somewhere in between, and hopefully be designed from the start to make control effects useful on bosses without being overpowering.
    11. The game launches in five minutes. What is the first thing you are going to do... roll a character or enter the Foundry to start making a quest? How much time to you plan to spend in the Foundry as opposed to playing the game?

Roll a character. I don't expect to spend a whole lot of time in the Foundry.
    12. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it?

Clear selling of power in the cash store, i.e., pay to win of any significant amount. I consider STO to be utterly blatant in its pay to win, for example.
    Name one feature that you'd love to see added to the game, that you don't believe will make it in at launch, but would love to see happen at launch or soon after.

LOTRO-style costuming system. I.e., ability to have a separate set of armors that are for display only, while another set is used for mechanical bonuses.
  • Options
    crashodditycrashoddity Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013

a. Three Classes: sword mage, ranger, warlock

2. Never got the article and don't have an interest in mounts or beta. I want to play the game when its done.

3. I'm an MMO fan because of my attraction to D&D. I've played every edition since 2nd. For MMOs, the ones I spent the most time in were WoW, STO, CoH, and an old Mac MMO called Clanlord.

4.PvE, dabble in PvP

a. 100% PvE

b. 100% PvP

c. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

5. Get more detailed with everything. I've seen a lot of polished videos and "overviews" but I want an article or two that really digs in deep and "talks shop" with the developers.

6. minor bonuses are cool, but that's all I would want. I value being able to tell my characters personal story regardless of race without having to deal with racial differences in gameplay. I especially detest bonuses that make certain races better at playing specific classes. I remember picking a race I thought looked ugly in WoW just because they were better at using magic and I wanted to play a mage.

7. STO mostly, and that community is awesome. I don't frequent their forums, so I'm talking about the in-game community (AKA the FULL community).

8. c. Ability to pick your own stats, skills, feats etc and customize as you level. Open ended character systems are often riddled with bugs and balance issues. It's far easier for developers to make a well-tuned game if they put some constraints on it. In Neverwinter's case, it looks like the powers for each class compliment each other, so I'm guessing a more locked down system is better for this game in particular. I know D&D is open ended, but this isn't a copy of the PnP game... it's a D&D inspired MMO, taking what works from PnP and leaving out what doesn't.

9. Crowd control is an important pillar in MMOs, just like taking, healing and DPS strikers.

10. I've done a lot of modding in my day, but the Foundry excites me because it's really the first real robust UGC system for an MMO. This is something that has never been done before, and I don't think there are many "deal breakers" here. I've seen some complain that it's not as powerful as the Aurora editor, and those people clearly don't get it and are simply naive ;)

11. Does someone who wants to be a painter look at other paintings before picking up a brush? I will play the game first so I know what kind of content is possible. Opening the editor without playing the game will only lead to confusion. I wouldn't be surprised if Cryptic makes you get past the tutorial at least before being able to start a Foundry project.

12. I don't have any major concerns now, and I've seen enough to make me give the game a fair shot. I would like to see a dungeon master feature added to Foundry content that allows a quest to be designed so that a player who acts as the dungeon master progresses the quest along and watches the party through an invisible camera. I imagine it would be like going into a quest with a group, and at the beginning your party gets a prompt to decide who plays the role of DM.
  • Options
    noobfreak2noobfreak2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013

a. Shaman, Druid, Warlock

b. half orc

2. Didnt buy the mag,

3. D&D got me into MMO's, I went from tabletop, to NWN, to online tabletops to MMO's.. WOW, RIFT, STO, LOTRO, DCUO plus many others free and pay to play.. I had a lot of spare time :P Now not so much, tend to spend my time on lotro.

4. Foundry? I am very pve focussed but will dabble in pvp if its done well..

5. It could hide codes for in game items across the internet in reviews, magazine and newspaper pages, forums, and loads more places..

6. I have been and always will be against any race based embellishment upon characters that have a real impact.. there is never balance and races will select their classes and vice versa.. sort of takes half the fun out the game when one character is weaker than another just down to their race. When I DM its an even playing field for drow and human regardless :P

7. I dont really rate communities.. they are all as good and bad as each others..

8. I would actually prefer an 'Ultima' type character creation with a tutorial stage with your actions dictating your stats/class/abilities.. it would build a much more personalised character than a 'pick from a list' type creation. Although doing that for every alt i usually make does not fill me with anticipation.

It is essential that you have full control of any development of your character.. this need not apply to stat growth, but abilities should be able to focus along your intentions for YOUR character..

9. I will get shot for saying, Ihavent played 4ed.. dont know.. I have the books to start but never had a group :( Looking forward to it.. but a mass fear is something i hope to have as I intend to heal :)

10. If I considered something a deal breaker, I would not be playing games online.. I do however wish to be able to trap EVERYTHING.. including the toilet seat at an inn.. ;)

11. Roll a character... if you dont know how the characters work how can you create content for them?.. That all depends on how customisable the foundry is ;) could be the majority of my time, could be none of my time.

12. PVP... glad its thought of before launch... BUT.. the balancing issues of it have ruined every MMO that has included it.. It destroys classes, races and creates elitism. the learnig curve shoudl be the same for all classes at all levels.. yet PVP will bend it one way or the other through the name of balance..

I am not looking forward to loot.. I get bored with loot at the best of times.. and I am watching the development with a bated sense of .. here comes another grind, followed by loot <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to beat the best and most difficult content of the game.. which lets face it.. is all MMO's are about..
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well I may not be new to the forums by any amount but I will try this it seems fun.

a. Three Classes:Ranger, Druid, Bard

b. One Race:Dragonborn

2. It was Ok there was not much in it I found "new". I bought it digital and physical.

3.I am a bigger DnD fan, I have played NWN, some of the Baulders Gate series and Dark Alliance Series, along With Heros DnD. I also play PnP. Ive mostly played WoW as far as MMOs go I tried DDO and it is good but very instance based. I also tried STO but I didnt find it as appealing as I thought I would.

4.d but it may change to c depending on what mood Im in and how good things are.

c. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

5. People like Aandre and I should be able to play and tell people about select parts of the game at select times and get interviews from staff everywhere from the dev people to PR so we better know the games and the people making/running it. Also We should get universal codes for special pets that we attach to one of our interviews or previews(Maybe a dire bunny that bits people for me, and maybe a Dire squirrel, firebat or dire badger for Aandre.)

6. Probably just like Gillrmn said Race and Class specific quests, Id almost go as far to say maybe certain races/classes are unwelcome in certain taverns, district, town, etc.

7.I dabbled in STO but didnt play enough to get to really know anything about the community.

I do prefer customization it makes it feel more like it is mine.

9. Um I dont know as much about bards but I like AD&D Wall of Fire and Web, Entangle is always a good one also

10.I think there are things that would make it better but no deal breakers. I would like to be able to create UGC as a group and test it in private. Id also like narration.Although I have mentioned ways to help some of these problems before.

11.If it launched in 5 minutes, I need to get the feel of things so Id be rolling my main. Ill do anywhere from 30 -50 % foundry

12.Lockboxes or any Pay to Play content. The ability to make cinematics in Foundry.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013

a. Three Classes: Sorcerer,Paladin,Barbarian

2. Meh...not bad but not awesome

3. More d&d. DDO,WoW,GW2 and tons of MMO..i really don't wanna write a list

4. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

5. Release more info, Make more videos, use more agresive the social networks like facebook,twitter

6. It should affect the game but only slightly. Only if you go hardcore PVP or something like that. For the roleplaying you must be able to make that dwarf wizard or elf barbarian and still be playable

7. Blacklight and it was like a bad CoD clone

8. d. Having the option to follow a pre-determined route or customize your own character, including determining your stats, skills, feats, etc.

9. I totally hate the wizard = CC , fighter = tank , rogue = dmg... I don't care if 4E is made like that I hate it. It ruins the multitude of choices you can make with one class. It restricts you to a dumb,predictable role

11. I really don't plan to use the foundry at least in the forseeable future. I don't have the time and I don't like building fast ugly maps :) So better don't do any at all

12. For the hate see point 9. I want to see deitys and alignments for a better roleplay.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2013

a. Three Classes: Ranger(rogue), Paladin(cleric), Invoker(wizard)

b. One Race: Halfling

a: I got the digital magazine.

a: Mostly MMO but I do enjoy D&D. Played DDO and FR dnd. Ive played lil bit of everything as far as MMOs

a: PvE for sure, but I do enjoy PvP aspects of the game.

5. Marketing, folks! Focusing solely on the positive, what could Cryptic do in 2013 to best market the game? Here's your chance to put on your marketing cap.. tin foil and all...

They need a Founders Program of some sort for a initial revenue burst. Nothing too extreme like "$99 and you get it all!", Maybe like $5, $10 and $20.

Racial abilities.

Champions Online, Torchlight. Community is good, actual better then most as far as MMO maturity.

Having a Bard around who could Mez/Sleep targets would be awesome and give a playing a sense of joy in their CC options.

Foundry is something I will leave to other players but I will play their dungeons for sure. First thing I am doing is creating that awesome Fighter character.

12. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it? Name one feature that you'd love to see added to the game, that you don't believe will make it in at launch, but would love to see happen at launch or soon after.

Forcing entire gameplay to Mouse(unable to use a 3rd party program via Motionjoy to play with a Controller).
    I would like to see Deities have an effect for gameplayer/rp purposes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2013

a. Warlord, Artificer, Shaman
    b. Gnome

2. Seemed like a decent article with some new bits of information. Purchased digitally.

3. Split down the middle as a D&D and MMO fan. Pool of Radiance and the other goldbox games, Baldur's Gate series, Neverwinter Nights series, and Daggerdale as some examples. MMO's are Neverwinter Nights Online (AoL), Ultima Online, WoW, Rift, and SWTOR.

e. PVE mostly, dabble in PVP

5. Good use of social media like twitter to get the word out on the game and the upcoming beta.

6. Racial quest lines.

7. Never played a Cryptic or PWE game before.

8. I like having the chance to mold my character during the leveling process into the role or roles I choose to take (dps/healer). However robust character creation may turn off some who prefer a simpler process and less details to mull over.

9. Since I usually play a healer, I do prefer crowd control. Anything that can help reduce the incoming damage to the tank and dps is good, as long as it doesn't slow down the group too much. Any spells that can root in place or nullify a target are of good use.

10. I doubt I'll be creating with Foundry as much as I'll be playing it.

11. Roll a character.

12. A fear of P2W and too much luck involved in enchanting.
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1a. Three Classes: Shaman, Druid, Summoner
    b. One Race: Centaur

2. Got my issue of PC Gamer via Google Play. Loved the covers and thought the article was pretty good. Raised some concerns about daily powers, but I'm sure that'll be taken care of before launch. Hope we'll get a regular stream of these kinds of articles until the game launches to keep my whistle wet. Was a great surprise to find out that the mount code also gave beta access. The best X-mas present I got this year. ;)

3. More of a D&D fan. Played the pen and paper game with my three brothers growing up. Played Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds. Played DDO a little, but couldn't get into it. Non D&D MMo's I've played are LOTRO, WoW, and DCUO.

4. d. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP

5. More articles like the PC Gamer issue. Partnerships with gaming sites. Item/mount/beta key giveaways. An overhauled forum. Most of all I think paying attention to the users of the forums would go a long way to making the game a word of mouth success. There has been a definite uptick in posts by devs in the forums and I think the mood always improves when they do. Maybe something to award forum users who spread the word about the game. Keeping promises made and explaining why they cannot be if obstacles arise that lead to the breaking of a promise. Put out a great game and they will come. :)

6. When I played pen and paper, each race had racial bonuses. As long as the bonuses are connected the the history/characteristics of the race, I like that idea.

7. I've dabbled in a few PWE games, but never stayed very long. This is the first PWE "community" I've participated in.

8. d. Having the option to follow a pre-determined route or customize your own character, including determining your stats, skills, feats, etc.

When I played pen and paper with my brothers growing up, creating the character was 75% of the fun. I think the latest edition I played on pen and paper was 2AD&D. I have some fears about how the "builds" in 4E will work, but am trying to be open minded and give it a try before I make a final judgment. My fears are that I will be "trapped" into following a specific skill trail and that customization will be limited. Others have tried to allay those fears in the forums, but I don't think I will stop worrying until I've actually played and see how it works.

9. I've never been a fan of playing bards. When I play wizards I'm more into damage than control. ;) I like cold/ice based spells, lightning/elemental spells and summoning spells.

10. One of my brothers was always the dungeon master when we played. I might tinker with the foundry, but I'm more interested in playing than creating.

11. Roll a character or two or three. ;) Probably 95% game play and 5% foundry.

12. Lock-boxes that I have to buy a key from the store with real money will drive me away from the game in a hurry. One thing I'd like to see is alignment added into the game and have alignment affected by a player's choices in game (they've already said this won't happen, but a guy can still dream).
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well, well! I want to thank those who have participated so far! Feel free to skip questions if you choose to answer the questions you like. Thats all cool. I went long on this poll to give a chance for us to get a chance for the old to learn about the new and the new to learn about the old. Great answers thusfar and I know I'm looking forward to reading each response! Keep it comin'!

• Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    bump.

All new patrons should look to answering this topic allowing andrea to gather some data.
    the giant is kind of a big deal round here (see what i did there).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    guinnjaguarguinnjaguar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    a. Bard, Psionicist, Necromancer

b. Shadovar / Shade

2. Bought Retail

3. Yes, all of them

a. 100% PvE

5. Not make the game suck, have expected mmorpg quality of life features in game, dungeon finder, etc.
    6. This sort of thing has to be built from the ground up long before anything is built, so I don't think it matters at this point if guards see a Drow and act like they are anybody else in lieu of spiting on them or something.
    7. Yes, the community was full of Free to Play anime rejects...kekeke Naruto is kewl, I'm Kirito from Sword Art Online..weee, etc. In all of them.
    8. To it's credit despite any other short commings, to this day I don't think there was ever a char creator as robust as Perfect World.

Very Important.

Crowd Control is cool, but usually means there is no ability to solo, or only through kiting and unless there will be mandatory grouping and systems in place to encourage and facilitate that, I think it has no place for the sake of just being in game.

10. If you will be creating user generated content for Neverwinter (the Foundry), what do YOU NEED to best succeed in telling your story. Do you think there is "a deal breaker" that would make you NOT want to create any user content? Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 dream weavers can really by instrumental in answering this one, and I welcome it!

I think there needs to be a way to ensure loot is properly awarded, I don't think people should create ubersuperduper sword of excaliber and put it on level 1 gnomes at the entrance, but at the same token they should be able to draw from the existing loot table and if they create a dungeon hall full of bosses as a challenge mode or something they should drop their loot tables or what exists in game or maybe a difficulty scale to increase the reward or power of the standard items. That just makes experiencing new content better. Or maybe they can upload reskins of existing items.

Roll a Character.

Free to Play.
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Copy/Paste Ballot:

a. Three Classes: Ranger, Bard and Druid

b. One Race: meh, no preference

2. Used mobile device to buy magazine and yes bought it solely for the code. Haven't paid much attention to past media articles and got my ofmy information by perusing this and other forums.

3. Definitely more a D&D fan. Played/playing NWN1&2, love the DM option. Various gold box editoins such as pool of radiance. Played Baldurs gate 1and 2 along wth expansions. Played both Icewind Dales.

tried several MMOs never lasted

d. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP and that only for RP purpases

5. Hmm looking at the alpha key thread I'd say they are doing a pretty good job as it is. I would say you want your information out on many fourms especially those still used by NWN1 and 2 community, that group has shown product loyalty.

6. This is a tricky question. I prefer RP of hack and slash so I would want my characters race to be treated how people would normally look upon that race. If a predjudice exists my character should feel some of that.

8. choice is c then d

9. Hard to be a control wizard without crowd control.

10. NA

11. roll character

12. The feature I fear the most is that it will be to much like an MMO and not enough like D&D. The one feature i would love to see that will never happen is to be able to DM content created via forge. NOw ot actually answer the question Ranger class with several options available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013

a. Three Classes: I'm sure Ranger is already one, but I'd love to see Bard,Druid,warlock

b. One Race: We got tiefling and drow so I'm good.

2. The article was ok and "I got meh Pony yay!!)

3. D&D is what started it all for me, so it will always be #1. Started playing D&D on the Intelivision when a kid and watching the cartoon. Later got into the pen and paper but didn't have a core to play with all the time so leaned towards the pc games more. I've played most the D&D pc games made and spent some time playing WoW,Rift,GW2,D2,D3,Runes of magic briefly,Raiderz and a couple other PW titles but didn't care for them besides Raiderz.

5. A female tiefling swimsuit edition!! :p

6. I'm ok with how it is at the moment.

7. Raiderz, War of Immortals, Blacklight. Ony alpha and beta tested Raiderz, but the community was good, not sure how it is now. others were fine.

9. That's a good question man..

10. Can't wait to dive into the foundry! I'll need my alone/quite time that's for sure. *Stuffs old lady in closet occasionally sliding a banquet dinner under the door* J/K

11. I'll spend my time with both, but I'll create a character first but then I see a lot of my time in the foundry.

12. I won't touch the control wizard cause he walks like Mc.Hammer dances.
  • Options
    aleabugaleabug Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi im off topic but cant start a thread =( what is the endgame like for pve?
  • Options
    roegnar1430roegnar1430 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

a. Three Classes:Druid, Ranger, Paladin

b. One Race:Warforged

4.d. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP

8.c. Ability to pick your own stats, skills, feats etc and customize as you level.

12. Change respeccing to something other than having to spend RL money for that ability.
  • Options
    xheverxhever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

a. Three Classes: Summoner , Dragon Rider, Lancer

2. xxxxxxx

3. Just simple answer : MMO

c. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

5. xxxxxxx

6. Race shouldn't be affecting the game so people will be able to choose which Race he / she likes without thinking about the effect

7. I've Played BoI and RaiderZ , cant say anything about BoI since the game isn't really my type, but RaiderZ is very cool, even tho i prefer Neverwinter :)

9. xxxxxxx

10. xxxxxxx

11. roll my character ofc, well i dont really like foundry my self so.. never spend my time with it XD

12. I really like to make my character look good, so my only concern is about the Fashion / Costume atm ( Since i have no problem with the other features ), One Feature that i really wish here is : Make the costume become so much better and + Let us choose to show our Weapon @Mainhand/Offhand on the Costume mode.. Thats all :D
  • Options
    morewardogsmorewardogs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a. Three Classes:Druid, Paladin (the tank incarnation of it), Warlock

2. I don't follow PC gamer

3.I actually didn't like DDO but I love the table top in the end i'm probably a bigger MMO fan than the D&D. As to what MMO's i actually invested time into, WoW and EVE

5. Most of my information on games comes from game websites so getting internet reviewers to play the game is what I would say is the best way to get your game press. Oh and not those add banners you see on websites I've gotten so desensitized to those things they don't even register anymore.

6. How it works now is good. If anything was gonna be added a racial encounter power could be a lot of fun but if not correctly balanced could do more harm than good.

7.I saw torchlight on the perfect world website and I played a lot of that. Since I played solo in that game my exposure to the community was through the forums but for the most part they were a polite and helpful bunch.

9. I got nothin

10. I haven't toyed with it so I wouldn't venture to critique it

11. I like character rolling more than DMing but as a tool to further RPing I think I will use foundary more once at level cap.

12. Concern- The big make or break factor for me is endgame I don't really roll alts I play one character and as long as there is a good amount of endgame maps and dungeons than I'll stay vested.

Desire- From what I've played of the game mostly what I want is more companion and mount options at a lower price. I have and will invest money in this but value is a factor.