test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to get ahold of support

anathmaanathma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
All I can find is the ticketing system. One ticket is over a week old without even a response, and the other more serious one is newer, but also no response.

Anyone know any contact or email or ANYTHING we can actually talk to someone? Has anyone ever gotten a ticket response, and if so, how long did it take?

Do they look at tickets even?
Post edited by anathma on

Comments

• rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    There is no customer service. I'm on day 12 my friend has open ticket since day one of headstart. He paid $200.00 for the heroes package and can't even get a tick answered.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • anathmaanathma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I've prob spent close to that as well. I'm going to wait a while longer, than call head office. At some point I'm going to have to look at the visa route, but really dont want to do that as I've really enjoyed the game, but when real money is involved they can't just ignore you.
  • sundervinesundervine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had my account stolen from me almost 48 hours ago. I have had zero response other than automated junk. I have also spend real money, more than 60 and this is not my account. This is a new one I needed to make to get on here to do anything.
    What happened is that someone somehow took my login which is not a name I ever use in anything, and has more than alpha letters in it to make it harder in the first place to guess. Then my password and changed my email.
    Thus I cannot go in and do anything to that account since it requires that information to do anything. I also had setup the account guard stuff and they side stepped that because somehow you do not make us verify that information before we edit our account on the website. Smart right.
    Anyway I have lost all the money I sunk into this game and have had zero response from the company. 48 hours after an account is stolen.
    Can someone give me information on what they expect me to do in this situation. It is very annoying, and I have been more than patient waiting this long. Please someone give me something!
  • igorskulligorskull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sad but true
  • igorskulligorskull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sad but true
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Try to google "Cryptic Studios, Inc" and use the phone number provided in the search results and see if you can speak to a live person, would be my suggestion. Not sure how effective it will be.

I will admit they have extremely poor Customer Relations and Support in my experience so far.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • anathmaanathma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think perfect world not Cryptic does the money part anyways so not sure how much cryptic will help. PW has a phone number on their legal contact but that might be their lawyers not sure.
    edited May 2013
    Still no response on ANY ticket :(
  • krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    I'm on day 6 waiting for a response on a stolen account. Not a single word. Good luck.
  • gibby87gibby87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They couldn't care less about hacked accounts, it's incredible that they haven't increased the number of people working at support after this ****storm. This is definitely the last Cryptic/PW game I'm ever playing.
    I have payed about $100 in this game because I really enjoy it but the way they handle their customers is simply disgusting.
  • jkdoble16jkdoble16 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These games are made to make money, and they have your money, you should not spend cash on an open beta, they do not have any staff in place, because it is in beta status. Wait until a game goes full live to spend money on it. I learned the hard way on another of these type games spent $300 USD. and the game shut down 30 days later and never started back up, the letter I got from their Legal firm is you accepted that it was a beta game and that it could be pulled at any time blah blah blah..... So they have your money you gave it to them ..... now you must hope they will be honest. but from what I read. You may be helped, or you may not. :(
    "Trust Your Instincts"
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Don't hold your breath, I have month old tickets that have never been addressed.
  • nullptrnullptr Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Well they have only them self to blame for not being able to handle all their issues, being greedy, open cash shop instead of having an actual open beta with a character wipe. I had one ticket open for 10 days no response, that is the reason alone I would not put any cash into a game, if something happens to you account your screwed. I only wish they had a business plan that was not about making a lot of cash in 3 months and instead made it to something that was worth putting cash into.

It seems a bit strange though that it take that amount of time for the to respond to serious issues, You don't need to be a developer to hand issues in the right direction and most issues are probably a non issues.
  • cierdwyncierdwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ranted about my ticket problems last weekend in this forum and they decided to "take care" of my ticket. My ticket started Saturday Night at 11:50. On Monday evening (11:45 PM) they took my accoutn back for me and emailed me to let me know they had it banned until I changed the password, and then replied to the email.

I have replied now a total of 22 times. I have also tried to call Perfect World. From Tuesday through Friday, I have tried calling every day, every 5 minutes from the time they open, until the time the close. I have ALMOST gotten someone 6 times. Each time, all noise is gone. Mute is on, and then, oddly, my call is disconnected.

I am really, really starting to hate Perfect World, and I am started to not really care about Cryptic because they are owned by Perfect World.
  • cierdwyncierdwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath, I have month old tickets that have never been addressed.

Heck, I have a ticket that has been "lost". It was from when Perfect World Online was in beta in the beginning. They "lost" it 2 and ahave years later.
  • nullptrnullptr Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Well in a perfect world there are no issues, so no need to hire a support team...
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. With this exploit now though I'm sure we're F'd for a long while in getting a response haha. They are prob swamped now.
    edited May 2013
    Still nothin! Thanks PWE :(
    edited May 2013
    Saw the answer in the other thread, but then the mod closed it.
    First and foremost chargebacks are not the proper course for requesting a refund or buyers remorse.
    Chargebacks exist for the sole purpose of consumer protection after contacting a company to resolve the issue.

Chargebacks cost both card companies and merchants millions of dollars a year. It's something to be avoided!
    Charging back will result in punishments of your PWE Account and can result in further legal actions. For further details please contact your card holder regarding "Friendly Fraud Chargebacks."

That being said, if you would like to request a refund please contact support.

But what I don't understand is what do you do when the company just doesn't answer? You put money into something, something goes wrong, you contact the company and it is like sending a question into a black hole?

There has to be a point where you need to take a different path, so that's why chargebacks are being mentioned by players.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I am sorry support is backlogged and is working to respond to all tickets.

The support staff has been upped substantially since the release of the game and is continuing to be expanded to meet the large number of tickets being received but they are only human and are dealing with an astronomical number of tickets.

All we can do is request your patience and understanding. You aren't being ignored and the company is working to speed up the process and are deeply sorry the responses are taking far longer than desired.
    edited May 2013
    Any idea what the current average response times are? Days, weeks? A month? Just gives us an idea of how long we should expect..always makes the waiting easier.

Really appreciate you taking the time to reply ambisinisterr.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Sadly I don't and due to the issues on Sunday they likely got set back even further.

Whenever the game goes down the forums get flooded with spam threads asking why they can't connect to the game even though the launcher has a warning message stating the reason right next to the "Play" button. The sad part is I am sure there's likely even more filing support tickets asking why they can't access the game than there are posting threads on the forums.

And then of course we have the people who initially flooded the system because they didn't get founder's pack items which, in fact, the majority of those that reported an issue did receive the items but were simply unaware of where to reclaim them.

All in all...they are flooded. Utterly. :(
    And any estimation would be dependent on issues which arise between the point in the queue they are in and the point in which you file your ticket.

I know they are keen into looking into ways to not only improve the response time but also your experience while waiting in queue but anything that would be implemented of that nature would take time. :(
  • dotemiusdotemius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You see that "Support" link at the very top of the page? A good start would be to fix the bloody referral loops it creates. I reported this on 5/7 on the forums and via in game support, and got back a response which referred me back to the same link I was reporting as a problem. Genius.
  • duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fun stuff happens with PW/Cryptic support, I placed 2 very different and very detailed support tickets:
    1> one to change the forum name to my ingame handle.
    2> the other when I couldn't login my main character (but I could login on the fondry or other characrers).

I got answered to 1 after just a few days with a: "if you have login issues on the website or the forums look here, check here, etc etc..."
    I got answered to 2 after a week with a: "log in with your character and try using /stuck or /killme"

As you can see I still got my old forum name (which I didn't choose, they forced it on me), and was unable to log my main character for many hours.

This is just for the records anyway, this is an open beta and I didn't expect an answer anyway, also I had no issues in the past with Cryptic support on Champions Online.
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • olfinaolfina Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic and PW both have abysmal customer service records...
    but if you really want to try the BBB lists PW phone number as (650) 590-7700. It also lists their grade as a well deserved F... rated in part because they didn't even bother to respond to the BBB about complaints.. so good luck with that.
    Cryptic is (408) 399-1969... and also scores a well deserved F for the same reasons.
    I do appreciate some response from someone in green addressing the concern, however they are still not support... and as many times as both these companies have been to this particular rodeo, the excuse of "we're swamped" is a bit tired... they have enough experience under their belt that this should have come as no surprise... and the needs of gamers during a launch has been measured real world over and over again... and yet companies continue to get it wrong and come up short.
    Were this ground breaking, maybe. Unforeseen at this point simply means unwilling to properly prepare.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know they are keen into looking into ways to not only improve the response time but also your experience while waiting in queue but anything that would be implemented of that nature would take time. :(

I'd be interested in just actually having the current system work. Honestly it feels like the whole ticket system need some sort of overhaul. Maybe even more than that. Seriously, what kind of IP ban blocks me from the forums but not the game? And I didn't understand why I couldn't access a ticket by number.

Explanation: The other day, despite already being logged in. I went to post and was told to log in. Upon doing so I was told that I was IP banned for 10 minutes for failing to log in to much. Despite telling me it was for only 10 minutes, it went on for hours. I could log into the game and play just fine. But I was unable to post on the forums, access my account information, or open a ticket.

Since I could still read the forums I browsed until I found what looked like a support email. I sent a message detailing my problem and waited. After several hours I gave up and did something else. When I got back I noticed 2 things. I had what seemed like an auto response email with an incident number. I could use the forums again - I think the situation had resolved itself. Now that I could use my account I tried to find the ticket to report that the issue had been resolved. But was told I didn't have access to it?

The game is great. And your community people seem great. But I do hope you plan to upgrade/fix the customer support section.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited May 2013
    Well I just got autoreplies to my two tickets.

One saying "Your ticket has been closed, sorry"

The other posting a FAQ which I had already read, and saying reply if this did not help. So basically they didn't even look at it. This is incredibly frustrating.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Support does not have a direct phone number, regardless of what everyone else likes to say. The only number that PWE has for support is for BILLING ISSUES ONLY. Any call to that number for a non-billing issue will get you referred right back to the support website.

PWE's customer service email is customerservice@perfectworld.com . Use that if the support website isn't working but be aware that the email support is about as long a wait as the ticket support.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a huge difference between "we're swamped" and "ticket closed", sir moderator.
  • asyariaasyaria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been attempting to contact PWE for several days. At first I didn't think anyone actually worked there. The support number: 888-344-4478 will put you on hold for 1-2 minutes and then you get a message saying everyone is busy and it hangs up on you. If you call PWE's HQ number in California, you get 3 options, you can press 1 to use the directory to find the extension of someone by name. If you press 2 you get transferred to 888-344-4478 and get hung up on again. And finally, if you press 0 you get transferred to the "Receptionist" who never answers their phone.

Yesterday I resorted to dialing random extensions when calling their main number in an attempt to talk to a live person. I was able to get 2 seperate people on the phone who just told me to call: 888-344-4478, send an e-mail to customer service or submit a ticket online, but could not help me otherwise.

Honestly its pretty pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.