test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Purples...Not that rare really?

craftypandaxcraftypandax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

So for example Nightmare Mounts and the fire Bird are supposed to be very rare or whatever, but in no time at all everyone is going to have one, no?

I just dont get why they are called very rare, when actually they are not that rare at all.

Just a random thought.
Post edited by craftypandax on

Comments

• Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Nothing is really rare, since everything is BoE and can be bought.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are rare only a lot of ppl opening lockboxes atm or they put to big drop rate for them
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tomalak011 wrote: »
    Nothing is really rare, since everything is BoE and can be bought.

Not everything, at least not in-game. Can't get Founder's unique items without paying RL money. Also, Rank 8 enchantments/runes are pretty rare too, because they're just simply hard/expensive to get. (Some has concluded there's actually R9 and R10 versions based on game file data extraction, but those aren't confirmed yet, as far as I know)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Not everything, at least not in-game. Can't get Founder's unique items without paying RL money. Also, Rank 8 enchantments/runes are pretty rare too, because they're just simply hard/expensive to get. (Some has concluded there's actually R9 and R10 versions based on game file data extraction, but those aren't confirmed yet, as far as I know)

You're right, but I wasn't really considering Founder's stuff, as the whole point of it is to be available only to them. Regarding enchants/runes, give it some time.

Still, things most people care about, which is epic gear, can be bought right after you ding 60, if you traded on the AH just a bit.

But thank you for the correction :)
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Purples have never been rare since mudflation hit WoW.

I remember grinding out blues in Vanilla wow in the end dungeons, then it was a rarity to see someone with the odd purple. Shortly after, everyone ran around in full sets of purple gear.

Every other game since has followed the similar coloured tiers of items, even though it is inherently broken. We need a new set of colours to cover gear nowadays.

Grey / White may as well not be in the game
    Greens are just thrown away
    Blues are sold for AD - no point in equipping them as you out-level them in an hour or so
    Purples are what everyone runs around in from 60 onwards.

Purples is quick becoming the norm.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    Purples have never been rare since mudflation hit WoW.

I remember grinding out blues in Vanilla wow in the end dungeons, then it was a rarity to see someone with the odd purple. Shortly after, everyone ran around in full sets of purple gear.

Every other game since has followed the similar coloured tiers of items, even though it is inherently broken. We need a new set of colours to cover gear nowadays.

Grey / White may as well not be in the game
    Greens are just thrown away
    Blues are sold for AD - no point in equipping them as you out-level them in an hour or so
    Purples are what everyone runs around in from 60 onwards.

Purples is quick becoming the norm.

Not all purples are the same. Problem I have with this game is that the best stuff you can have is also BoE.

While purples are indeed very common in WoW and other MMOs these days, top level end-game purples are not. Although there is orange (legendary) gear :)

EDIT: I have nice memories from gathering blues in original WoW, although the Dal Rend sword set from UBRS was a pain!
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tomalak011 wrote: »
    Not all purples are the same. Problem I have with this game is that the best stuff you can have is also BoE.

While purples are indeed very common in WoW and other MMOs these days, top level end-game purples are not.

EDIT: I have nice memories from gathering blues in original WoW, although the Dal Rend sword set from UBRS was a pain!

I agree with you, that's why we need a new tier of colour to differentiate 'rare' purples from 'normal' purples.

Grinding out the blues was good days - the idea that your set piece might drop of a certain boss was what kept me playing. I did many dungeons over and over until my set was complete, then I helped other people as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Blues are still for wearing. If they're not for wearing, they wouldn't have any sell value either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    I agree with you, that's why we need a new tier of colour to differentiate 'rare' purples from 'normal' purples.

Grinding out the blues was good days - the idea that your set piece might drop of a certain boss was what kept me playing. I did many dungeons over and over until my set was complete, then I helped other people as well.

Best MMO days, as far as I am concerned!
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, rare gear - like Enraged Mastarius/Padmarashka/Athana weapons in Aion. Now that's rare. I saw Mastarius once in 4 years of playing. And he was GM spawned for event. He dropped orange leather shoulders.