test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Support Page crashing. Can't Refund, will have to charge back

imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
That was the post of an Administrator before my topic was closed:
Charging back without first contacting a company requesting a refund can be considered fraudulent.

It will result in punishment from PWE and your card company. I am not sure on all of the specifics but Visa will freeze your account for 120 days.

Chargebacks are for your protection after following the proper steps to gain refunds. If you skip those steps or are not justified on requesting a refund the punishments will be more severe than simply being banned from the game.

Do not advise people to charge back. Thank you.

But how can i follow the so called proper steps if your SUPPORT pages its not working for more than 30 hours ? Anyone knows PWE Costummer support phone number ? Should i email you ?

instead of just close the thread and warn me about the punishments (aka threatening) can you provide me some useful information ?

is that information correct ? :
Headquarters: Redwood City, California
Phone Number: +1-650-590-7700
Email: bizdev@perfectworldinc.com

Since my account is linked to my forum account, i would love to hear something"different from a PWE staff, let me give you an example:

"Hi dear costumer,
we are sorry that you are not satisfied with your experience and we are working to solve all the issues that Neverwinter went trough the past days. Sadly our support center is overloaded, so i will forward your Refund request for you, any information you can email X or call Y.

We don't advise you to charge back with your credit card company before hearing from our support and following the proper steps to gain refunds"

You might want to copy and paste that, you might be of some use to other costumers.

I like your game, i support your company, so i wont charge back until i can contact your support. If the page still broken until next Monday i will have to take other actions.

Thank you very much for your time.
Post edited by imoteb on

Comments

• hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    imoteb wrote: »
    That was the post of an Administrator before my topic was closed:

But how can i follow the so called proper steps if your SUPPORT pages its not working for more than 30 hours ? Anyone knows PWE Costummer support phone number ? Should i email you ?

instead of just close the thread and warn me about the punishments (aka threatening) can you provide me some useful information ?

is that information correct ? :

Since my account is linked to my forum account, i would love to hear something"different from a PWE staff, let me give you an example:

"Hi dear costumer,
    we are sorry that you are not satisfied with your experience and we are working to solve all the issues that Neverwinter went trough the past days. Sadly our support center is overloaded, so i will forward your Refund request for you, any information you can email X or call Y.

We don't advise you to charge back with your credit card company before hearing from our support and following the proper steps to gain refunds"

You might want to copy and paste that, you might be of some use to other costumers.

I like your game, i support your company, so i wont charge back until i can contact your support. If the page still broken until next Monday i will have to take other actions.

Thank you very much for your time.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback:

The chargeback mechanism exists primarily for consumer protection. Holders of credit cards issued in the United States are afforded reversal rights by Regulation Z of the Truth in Lending Act. United States debit card holders are guaranteed reversal rights by Regulation E of the Electronic Fund Transfer Act. Similar rights extend globally, pursuant to the rules established by the corresponding card association or bank network.

A consumer may initiate a chargeback by contacting their issuing bank, and filing a substantiated complaint regarding one or more debit items on their statement. The threat of forced reversal of funds provides merchants with an incentive to provide quality products, helpful customer service, and timely refunds as appropriate.

So, according to wikipedia: "Charging back without first contacting a company requesting a refund can be considered fraudulent" is invalid.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wikipedia is not a substitute for a lawyer, as only a lawyer or a judge in a competent jurisdiction can make any sort of assertation as to whether a chargeback is considered fraudulent.

However, it is known that a customer MUST make a good faith attempt to resolve the issue before initiating a chargeback, and a spurious chargeback may lead to further action.

Note the use of the word "substantiated". You have to provide proof that you attempted to resolve the issue before starting a chargeback. I would further note that posting the relevant regulations (which would probably be equally available online) would add more credence to your claim.

As to the OP's concern, you can contact support via email at customerservice@perfectworld.com. However, do note there is a drastically increased response time for requests originating from NW ( note this post on the tech forums) and I can't imagine that this latest mess is making it any easier for the CS guys.

I would also point out that opening a new thread with the intent of continuing a discussion in a closed thread is a violation of Community Rules and Policies. Just saying.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    If you've taken reasonable steps to contact their customer support, noted the time and date of each attempt, printed out copies of correspondence and so on, and not been able to come to a solution that both parties agree upon, that'll be enough for the CC company. The fact that there are 60 or so complaints on the BBB website for the US alone is going to put the light on them, not you.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    If you've taken reasonable steps to contact their customer support, noted the time and date of each attempt, printed out copies of correspondence and so on, and not been able to come to a solution that both parties agree upon, that'll be enough for the CC company. The fact that there are 60 or so complaints on the BBB website for the US alone is going to put the light on them, not you.

No offense, but the BBB is a joke. The fact that such would constitute "good faith attempts" on the behalf of the customer initiating the chargeback is highly suspect.

Aggregate complaints =/= good faith effort. The individual customer must make any and all good faith attempts to resolve the issue.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it isn't about popular culture, and even then, I wouldn't trust Wikipedia as anything more than a place to get oriented. It isn't that trustworthy as a final source for most of it's data. using it as a starting place though is handy.

That said chargebacks are a fraud prevention system but people have abused and "exploited' it before to get free items and money from companies. That means that there are now mechanisms in place to stop that. One of those mechanisms is that if the company challenges the chargeback your visa card for example can be frozen for 120 days.

Now generally for charges under $50 it isn't worth a companies time or effort to fight chargebacks. But over that they tend to and in the case of a run of them like this they may just want to make a statement and fight any and all of them. Because oddly enough from your point of view the company has rights too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    However, it is known that a customer MUST make a good faith attempt to resolve the issue before initiating a chargeback, and a spurious chargeback may lead to further action.

I will need the sources that support this claim.
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Op, the fact that you posted a thread here explaining your situation and asked for further help since you could not get any other information from pwe to resolve this, is good enough to show that you in good faith tried to resolve it with the company, to no avail. Screen shot your post and keep records on what websites you were told to go to, if they aren't working it giving error messages, screen shot those too or save the links.
  • hsinroghsinrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check with your actual credit card company.

Master Card and Visa both require you at make an attempt to resolve it with the merchant before you initiate chargeback with them.

Support website appears to be up now, since I received a response to a ticket I opened 19 days ago and was able to put in a support ticket for a refund for my Guardian Pack.

19 days later they close my ticket and inform me I should open up a new ticket for my missing Guardian Pack items if it is still a problem. At the end they also informed me no missing digital items will be reimbursed. So the digital items that I paid for, I will not be receiving. Pretty sure that = viable grounds for a refund.
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    No offense, but the BBB is a joke.

I only mention them because that's what a lot of US people are pointing to. It's also happening in an issue with a guitar maker in the US kinda going 'missing' with about 100 guitars still waiting to be built despite being paid for.

Either way, I'm saying essentially the same thing as you. If OP is in good faith attempting to contact the company through in-game, forum, e-mail, phone, etc., and not getting any response within a reasonable time frame, then the CC company is going to accept that so long as OP provides all the correspondence.
  • imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    Op, the fact that you posted a thread here explaining your situation and asked for further help since you could not get any other information from pwe to resolve this, is good enough to show that you in good faith tried to resolve it with the company, to no avail. Screen shot your post and keep records on what websites you were told to go to, if they aren't working it giving error messages, screen shot those too or save the links.

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS)

Will take more screenshots of this error, is the one im getting all the time.

Sent an EMAIL, lets give them a 7-9 days to reply since they are overloaded.
  • lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I would not worry about it. If your want your money back ask for it you wont be like the only one doing it lol
  • arctur1arctur1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've issued chargebacks with my credit card and paypal as well since I've been unable to fill out the support document to request a refund and received no reply via email.
  • imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I'b still waitimg for an email reply, I will give them 5 more days, since they are overloaded, that is my email.

Can anyone confirm that the email is : customerservice@perfectworld.com
    Hi there,

I am currently registered on PWE website as Imoteb with this current email <private>.

I haven't been able to contact your customer support for the past 30 hours +, all the time im getting the following error:

"Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS):."

On several different browsers.

So after all the incident with the exploiters, rollbacks, some exploiters running away freely i lost my will to play Neverwinter and will apreciate if you can Refund my founder's pack and the 1000 Zen (2x 500z) that i bought from your store.

Thank you very much.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Sorry about the too many redirects error.

Since you are suffering from that here are two workarounds.

1) Send an e-mail to customerservice@perfectworld.com via your PWE Registered E-Mail Address
    (yes this is the right e-mail)

2) You may create a second account purely to contact support. The error which causes the too many redirects issue is actually an account specific issue which is likly why it has been so hard to track down.

Hope this helps. :)

Charging back without contacting customer support first will result in action taken against your PWE account.
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the reply, i've been waiting for more than 7 days for a reply, how long should i wait before i consider i tryed to contact the customer support and charge back ? In my humble opinion 7 work days is more than enough isnt it ?
  • nojil676nojil676 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hsinrog wrote: »
    Check with your actual credit card company.

Master Card and Visa both require you at make an attempt to resolve it with the merchant before you initiate chargeback with them.

Support website appears to be up now, since I received a response to a ticket I opened 19 days ago and was able to put in a support ticket for a refund for my Guardian Pack.

19 days later they close my ticket and inform me I should open up a new ticket for my missing Guardian Pack items if it is still a problem. At the end they also informed me no missing digital items will be reimbursed. So the digital items that I paid for, I will not be receiving. Pretty sure that = viable grounds for a refund.

This is perfect grounds for a refund lol. Ive won a charge back with my bank because a hair stylist ruined my wife's hair and my wife even signed for the receipt because she we to afraid to walk out. Trust me when i say a charge back is easy and legal, just contact your bank and talk to there dispuitment department tell them what going on they will take note of everything and tell you if you have a valid case and will go from there. I believe a company has 90 days to respond to a charge back. My suggestion to the poster is call them and argue a refund if they refuse or make it overly difficult and waist your time call your bank and settle the matter with a charge back. Dont allow them to scare you with a 120 days lock lol. VISA or even your bank will never lock your account if you in good faith tried. You can even argue the good faith portion lol good faith can mean you called them, good faith can mean you checked there support website.
  • nojil676nojil676 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imoteb wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply, i've been waiting for more than 7 days for a reply, how long should i wait before i consider i tryed to contact the customer support and charge back ? In my humble opinion 7 work days is more than enough isnt it ?

I would say 2 days is more then enough, anytime i have to deal with any situation like with i give the business 24 hrs to reply to me if they dont i go to the next step.
  • ikianeikiane Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

As to the OP's concern, you can contact support via email at customerservice@perfectworld.com. However, do note there is a drastically increased response time for requests originating from NW ( note this post on the tech forums) and I can't imagine that this latest mess is making it any easier for the CS guys.

this this this
  • pestilence149pestilence149 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All I can say is seriously? Over-loaded? How long am I supposed to wait literally weeks? By then Rift will be a free game and I will still DEMAND a refund. I hope you guys realize the longer you are taking the more customers you are LOSING, seriously If you dont hurry up and start to fix things you will have absolutely no revenue from Neverwinter I can almost see that is the trend that people seem to be already saying in the forums.
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    Gladiators of Dhara (Easy) & (Hard)
    ELIGIBLE FOR THE DAILY FOUNDRY REWARDS!
    Search by Best : Name/Summary/Short-Code ; Gladiators
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome please enjoy!
    edited May 2013
    I would still play neverwinter evena fter a refund, i just regret the founders pack i bought after all the mess they could not handle.