test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overall opinions, not just the mess up

loucid101loucid101 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok i would like to get this off my chest:

1) As a MMO this game levels far too fast, so i am flying through an
apparent story that i have to say has had no impact. The quests are easy,
its go to a,b,c,d and back to a. Spending months getting a character places
actually feels like you have achieved something, having to get a credit
card out for slot space... why?... that is a joke.

2) A gwf having to pay money for an attachment to a new weapon after level
40 when all they use is drops until then? Seriously are you guys gamers?

3) Paying for bags is ridiculous, end of. Good practice is making a good game,
making everything achieveable in said game, you do that and people are happy to pay
monthly. No-one cares about mounts, how do you not know good practice?
If you make a good game, that has heart in it, and takes time, you will have
a fanbase, it doesn't matter what people think if 'something is copied' or not,
and by that i mean practice. Business practice.

4) No-one ever talks about the story in this game, because the story is money.

People think that servers are quiet because exploiters are hiding, if i didn't
laugh i would cry, saying that, it's a good thing this happened before people
invested more. I love these type of games so much, if this had been solid and
i could have spent time here i would have payed no problem, but now im close
to 60 and don't see the point. Friends i would have played with won't be back
and i see why. There is no impact in the story, the only thing people care about
are blues, epics etc. Winning. Money.

I'm not even touching the exploit side of it all.
Post edited by loucid101 on

Comments

• edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    loucid101 wrote: »
    Ok i would like to get this off my chest:

1) As a MMO this game levels far too fast, so i am flying through an
    apparent story that i have to say has had no impact. The quests are easy,
    its go to a,b,c,d and back to a. Spending months getting a character places
    actually feels like you have achieved something, having to get a credit
    card out for slot space... why?... that is a joke.

2) A gwf having to pay money for an attachment to a new weapon after level
    40 when all they use is drops until then? Seriously are you guys gamers?

3) Paying for bags is ridiculous, end of. Good practice is making a good game,
    making everything achieveable in said game, you do that and people are happy to pay
    monthly. No-one cares about mounts, how do you not know good practice?
    If you make a good game, that has heart in it, and takes time, you will have
    a fanbase, it doesn't matter what people think if 'something is copied' or not,
    and by that i mean practice. Business practice.

4) No-one ever talks about the story in this game, because the story is money.

People think that servers are quiet because exploiters are hiding, if i didn't
    laugh i would cry, saying that, it's a good thing this happened before people
    invested more. I love these type of games so much, if this had been solid and
    i could have spent time here i would have payed no problem, but now im close
    to 60 and don't see the point. Friends i would have played with won't be back
    and i see why. There is no impact in the story, the only thing people care about
    are blues, epics etc. Winning. Money.

I'm not even touching the exploit side of it all.

I have a 52 GWF, and have no idea what you're talking about with #2. Although I agree with you on #3.
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • loucid101loucid101 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A mate iv played with throughout is a gwf, sword all throughout, got a weapon drop tonight that had an enchant attachment you have to pay for. He logged off, and i don't think will be back.
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »

I don't use facebook, nice try though.
  • merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well gamers typically discuss loot and currency because trading is a major aspect of a MMO. The story content of Neverwinter is decent, but it's not so absolutely fantastic that we're going to discuss it. Everyone knows all the good stories are in the foundry, anyway. And people DO discuss that. If you came here expecting the plot to be on par with Neverwinter Nights, which offered alignments, alternate choices, and conversation feats, you are in the wrong place. This version of Dungeon and Dragons apparently has the guts ripped out of it, which has been an ongoing discussion in other threads for a while now. When I first heard about this game i was like "Ooh, Neverwinter." I had high expectations, to tell you the truth, but evidently this is as good as it's going to get.
  • ariakan1976ariakan1976 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is an MMO version of a D&D game,you cant have aligments,like in you didnt have in any other game.Imagine how many alternative quest ends and dialogues we should have because of aligments,and how much work and money would have been demanded.

Warhammer also was changed a bit for the MMO purposes.Dont ask for things that cant work in an MMO.

The game is great,because is differend than any other MMO so far,in many aspects.It has flows,it has some issues,but also has many great things.And is still in BETA,dont forget that.YOu judge the game,like its ready,but its not.

And honestly is free,you dont pay ****,and still many complain for the economy or the zen or the p2win system etc etc.

Play it,enjoy as long its fun for you,apreciate it and stop complaining...thats my advice....else,go pay 13 euros every month to play WoW,Star Wars,Warhammer etc etc....and complain as much you like,cause its not free.

This is a very nice,relaxed,online RPG,with MMO elements and a D&D feeling.So play it like that and not like you expected a Hard Core D&D Old School Single Player or a 200.000.000 cost SUPER BLOCKBUSTER MMO like Star Wars.

And the funny thing is that most people who post here are the complainers,cause the majority,dont care to post,cause is enjoying the game by playing it,and has no time for bulls.

Kisses
    edited May 2013
    merrybelle wrote: »
    Well gamers typically discuss loot and currency because trading is a major aspect of a MMO. The story content of Neverwinter is decent, but it's not so absolutely fantastic that we're going to discuss it. Everyone knows all the good stories are in the foundry, anyway. And people DO discuss that. If you came here expecting the plot to be on par with Neverwinter Nights, which offered alignments, alternate choices, and conversation feats, you are in the wrong place. This version of Dungeon and Dragons apparently has the guts ripped out of it, which has been an ongoing discussion in other threads for a while now. When I first heard about this game i was like "Ooh, Neverwinter." I had high expectations, to tell you the truth, but evidently this is as good as it's going to get.

I'm not comparing this with Neverwinter nights, i played that game maybe 6 times over and adored it. I've played many games since then, don't assume what i expect after 20 years gaming.

Also you may be right loot and currency are all that matters.
  • alberelleonhartalberelleonhart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loucid101 wrote: »
    A mate iv played with throughout is a gwf, sword all throughout, got a weapon drop tonight that had an enchant attachment you have to pay for. He logged off, and i don't think will be back.

Haha, tell your friend to learn to read. There is no cost to add an enchantment to your weapon. The cost it shows is to REMOVE it if you want to recover the enchantment later on (and it's cheaper to just buy another so no one does it). Are you really making drama over your friend's inability to read? O_o
    edited May 2013
    This is an MMO version of a D&D game,you cant have aligments,like in you didnt have in any other game.Imagine how many alternative quest ends and dialogues we should have because of aligments,and how much work and money would have been demanded.

Warhammer also was changed a bit for the MMO purposes.Dont ask for things that cant work in an MMO.

The game is great,because is differend than any other MMO so far,in many aspects.It has flows,it has some issues,but also has many great things.And is still in BETA,dont forget that.YOu judge the game,like its ready,but its not.

And honestly is free,you dont pay ****,and still many complain for the economy or the zen or the p2win system etc etc.

Play it,enjoy as long its fun for you,apreciate it and stop complaining...thats my advice....else,go pay 13 euros every month to play WoW,Star Wars,Warhammer etc etc....and complain as much you like,cause its not free.

This is a very nice,relaxed,online RPG,with MMO elements and a D&D feeling.So play it like that and not like you expected a Hard Core D&D Old School Single Player or a 200.000.000 cost SUPER BLOCKBUSTER MMO like Star Wars.

And the funny thing is that most people who post here are the complainers,cause the majority,dont care to post,cause is enjoying the game by playing it,and has no time for bulls.

Kisses

If this game didn't have good points i wouldn't have bothered to make a thread genius.
    edited May 2013
    Haha, tell your friend to learn to read. There is no cost to add an enchantment to your weapon. The cost it shows is to REMOVE it if you want to recover the enchantment later on (and it's cheaper to just buy another so no one does it). Are you really making drama over your friend's inability to read? O_o

No point in insults, he can read fine. A drop item he has to buy things on the market to fill a slot. Why do i have to explain this.

Edit: Ice Axe.. 2 slots, room for a free enchant, the other buy on the zen market.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Leveling is fine. As a matter a fact, it's made on purpose to be fast because it suckers new players to think that the game is quick and easy, and then they hit level 40 and they start cursing at how hard the game is getting and then want to throw their keyboards across the room when they start doing level 50 zones cause there's patrols and adds are so near one another you're gonna aggro everything and then they respawn right on top of you and you're gonna DIE DIE DIE and DIE some more and spend all your gold on pots and injury kits and then say to yourself: "Ah ha! So it was all just a plot to keep me playing until the later levels!"

For bags, it's fine. This is a F2P game! If you wanna spend $15/month and have everything available to you, then go play World of Warcraft.
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    Leveling is fine. As a matter a fact, it's made on purpose to be fast because it suckers new players to think that the game is quick and easy, and then they hit level 40 and they start cursing at how hard the game is getting and then want to throw their keyboards across the room when they start doing level 50 zones cause there's patrols and adds are so near one another you're gonna aggro everything and then they respawn right on top of you and you're gonna DIE DIE DIE and DIE some more and spend all your gold on pots and injury kits and then say to yourself: "Ah ha! So it was all just a plot to keep me playing until the later levels!"

For bags, it's fine. This is a F2P game! If you wanna spend $15/month and have everything available to you, then go play World of Warcraft.

This isn't about WoW, any game that gives you all the tools and is solid people will support, and it makes a fair game for everyone involved. After the recent <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you think i find the game hard? That is my reason? My reason is i'm the only left out of a group of rl people trying to give this game a break. It's very typical that balls roll in and accuse you (me) of being the problem.

No-one has the balls to tell the truth though. This game levels too fast. The story is mediocre. I know full well people can add to this but hey. Like i said had to get it off my chest.

Edit: To clarify, the dungeons being difficult should stay that way, i don't mind buying pots, or kits etc if i have to. I enjoy the challenge.
  • eycezeycez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If story is your thing, MMO is not your genre.