test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want to see a dev team run a T2 or Castle Never!

2»

Comments

• pannrapannra Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use pots all the time, only thing I spend gold on, I never die but I have gotten really good at rezzing fallen homeys.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    byonah wrote: »
    Devs are not necessarily good at gaming, being able to design content and being able to play it like a boss are two different skills. :p

Generally on most games I've had the pleasure of playing along Devs while testing their own encounters, they were being carried. xD

It reminds me I had the opportunity to play some PvP on STO against some devs, a few months ago, on the test server. Well, it was easy to say that they spent more time coding and designing content than playing their own game. That doesn't mean the content sucks. This is understandable, I think they don't want to spend their free time on what they've done at work.

Most of the times, they admit it, and when they test their own content, they have a big stats buff, like +20%; it's like saying "good players are 20% better than we are". Fortunately, they don't test their own content without it, otherwise it would be boringly easy.

The QA guys might be better but they often stay in the shadows and you don't really hear anything about them.
  • relic142relic142 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    byonah wrote: »
    Devs are not necessarily good at gaming, being able to design content and being able to play it like a boss are two different skills. :p

Generally on most games I've had the pleasure of playing along Devs while testing their own encounters, they were being carried. xD

I hope you understand the flaw in that when designing game balance between classes.
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Pots are ok, but when I see a cleric not using the heal on damage abilities and trying for DPS, I'd rather just have another cw. Cw's working in good harmony is great - spam aoe, movement debufs, and coordinated herding between two cw's make the diff between a pinata fest and a cw wipe.

Clerics have 3 types of heals - heal on dmg, aoe heals, and single target heals. I guess anyone who thinks clerics only have single target heals might want to roll one. If they aren't too lazy, they can be like me and reset their solo DPS power bar for group healer on dungeon runs.

I'd rather see the thief DPs the adds since clothies end up running more than casting.

Added the parts eaten after the forum ate everything after my tilde a in pinata..