test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Refund Policy

13»

Comments

• Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imoteb wrote: »

I will ask for a refund, since its clearly on the EULa i signed that you are not allowed to exploit, cheat and abuse, I also paid for something stable with a minimum (there is no exploit proof game) of illegal stuff.

Actually no you didn't pay for anything to do with the operation of the game such as shell out an initial $60 for a license. You paid for virtual goods which PWE/Cryptic delivered so PWE owes you absolutely nothing. The game is free to play hence there's no financial investment ie Neverwinter is not "Buy to play". A chargeback is asking to get banned from everything PWE.
  • Options
    theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well good luck to you! I love this game even with the roll back... blame the exploiters not the company thats fixing the problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypnagogia wrote: »
    You are clearly a kid.

I am 44 and I have 2 young ones that clearly have more intelligence, wisdom and wit than you.

And the older one isn't even 3.....
  • Options
    theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imoteb wrote: »
    If they dont refund, i will charge back. Have been trying to cantact the support for 30 hours now.

Whatever you gotta do- I love this game. ROLL BACK N ALL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • Options
    hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    I am 44 and I have 2 young ones that clearly have more intelligence, wisdom and wit than you.

And the older one isn't even 3.....

It's a shame that some people have the ability to breed.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a shame that some people have the ability to breed.

I agree, I hope they finally pass an eugenetic law and force people like you to a vasectomy. We don't want all that faulty DNA spreading, do we? The world is already full of idiots enough
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited May 2013

17531. It is unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation, in any
    newspaper, magazine, circular, form letter or any open publication,
    published, distributed, or circulated in this state, including over
    the Internet, or on any billboard, card, label, or other advertising
    medium, or by means of any other advertising device, to advertise,
    call attention to or give publicity to the sale of any merchandise,
    which merchandise is secondhand or used merchandise, or which
    merchandise is defective in any manner, or which merchandise consists
    of articles or units or parts known as "seconds," or blemished
    merchandise, or which merchandise has been rejected by the
    manufacturer thereof as not first class, unless there is
    conspicuously displayed directly in connection with the name and
    description of that merchandise and each specified article, unit, or
    part thereof, a direct and unequivocal statement, phrase, or word
    which will clearly indicate that the merchandise or each article,
    unit, or part thereof so advertised is secondhand, used, defective,
    or consists of "seconds" or is blemished merchandise, or has been
    rejected by the manufacturer thereof, as the case may be. Any
    violation of this section is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment
    in the county jail not exceeding six months, or by a fine not
    exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500), or by both that
    imprisonment and fine.

A blanket statement that the merchandise might have unknown defects is not sufficient for compliance with this law. The advertised product must specifically, and conspicuously, state that the product is defective, etc.

Non compliance with this code, for any aspect of the product or service (such as purchasing Zen to be used in the game which is not being correctly advertised as defective), is valid justification for refund claims or charge backs.

Keep in mind that Zen and Astral Diamonds are aspects of the intended use of the game and so qualify under the, "articles or units or parts," clause in the code. Cryptic/PWE would have to show that they did not intend for Zen or Astral Diamonds to be part of the game for the separation of game (free) and Zen (paid for) that some people are claiming here.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Well good luck to you! I love this game even with the roll back... blame the exploiters not the company thats fixing the problem

I agree with you, on a "Perfect World" lol, but this is real, and there is a lot of exploiters out there so when a game is launched, soft launched or whatever you are charged for, they gotta make sure they dont have that many issues.
  • Options
    d3ward3war Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The big question for me is why are folks spending so much money on a game that's in beta?

I've bought 15 dollars of currency in Warthunder and a $20 Marvel Heroes pack and that's it. If both of those decided to shutter the doors tomorrow, I'd live without my $40.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    They did NOT deliver the goods as promised in the Founders Packs!!

At the time of the Founders Packs compaign, AD was valued at X AD = X Zen (think it was 500 to 1) after the exploit from Day 1 of the 'Open Beta' the AD has dropped in value, therefor the Founders Packs that were purchased did not deliver a equal value. So no Cryptic did not deliver the goods as promised in the original sale.

Umm, no. Can you show me the promised exchange rate of Zen to AD or AD to Zen? All they ever promised you was 2,000,000 AD for the founders pack or 600,000 AD for the guardian pack. Also plenty of people posted on the boards at the time and on the article about the packs at the time that the AD didn't look worth the value.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    I agree, I hope they finally pass an eugenetic law and force people like you to a vasectomy. We don't want all that faulty DNA spreading, do we? The world is already full of idiots enough

You must be such a role model for your children... I pity them.
  • Options
    imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    d3war wrote: »
    The big question for me is why are folks spending so much money on a game that's in beta?

I've bought 15 dollars of currency in Warthunder and a $20 Marvel Heroes pack and that's it. If both of those decided to shutter the doors tomorrow, I'd live without my $40.

Its not beta, they just play the BETa card to get away with bugs and exploits. And besides that TURBINE got D&D rights undil December this year.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "The Beta Tester is invited for the sole purpose of evaluating the games and identifying errors"

According to the TOS he shouldn't have paid. There shouldn't be an option to pay.

He didn't pay to play. he paid to buy a pack of items. he also paid for access to the closed beta and early access to the open beta both of which he received full value of.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Product not as advertised/not as expected. Done. Welcome to real life.

So your saying you didn't get Zen when you bought zen. Or if you bought the founders pack you didn't get the items advertised in the pack?

You are not buying the game so if the game doesn't play the way you want that has zero to do with the item packs for the game.

Did you get a spider mount? the Mezno Rogue, the pathetic panther, the other items listed?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I dont like where this post is going, ANYONE else having issues trying to open a ticket ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    He didn't pay to play. he paid to by a pack of items. he also paid for access to the closed beta and early access to the open beta both of which he received full value of.

SO the SOLE PURPOSE of evaluating the games AND identifying errors includes the option of paying for stuff too. Alright!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    SO the SOLE PURPOSE of evaluating the games AND identifying errors includes the option of paying for stuff too. Alright!

If you want to evaluate a game and identify errors that is fantastic. But don't spend money to do it and then whine that you didn't like the errors you found. Just don't spend the money in the first place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    They won't refund you. If you are a Founder, and you have accessed all the goodies from the packs, i'm sorry to say, you're going to get nothing.
    You cannot return digital items, and it's in the EULA.

I was thinking of doing this as well, but thought the better of it. Losing all that money, not worth it.
  • Options
    ozumanozuman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so many lawyers here... it's funny.

facts:
    -if the ToS goes against your country laws... your country laws win (ex: in my country, i have 10 days of refund if i didn't LIKE the product, and 90 days if the product fails, brokes, or didn't work as intended... EVEN if when i buyed it i saw a big "no refunds").

you buyed a product, and they didn't give you what they promised... as example:
    2,000,000 ASTRAL DIAMONDS
    A type of currency used in-game to purchase gear and to bid in the auction house.

by now... it can't be used in game, so if you want a refund, do it fast.
    (but they're going to say that the founders pack didn't gran you the items, just the access to them)

as for zen... nothing to do there...
    ANY APPLICABLE ZEN, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND NONTRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY REASON. ZEN HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH.

anyway, you will need a lawyer for the founders refund.... and it's more expensive than the refund.
  • Options
    cookiebraincookiebrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The support is broken. It wont let you go to the support page.
  • Options
    alturenalturen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Support currently is down and/or behind in requests from my understanding.

Soon as they thin it out, more support will be available.
  • Options
    endersxetendersxet Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alturen wrote: »
    I'll set expectations here. If you charge back anything regarding something you purchased with a company, they have full rights to ban you from anything and everything they support. This includes, but is not limited to the following:

Blacklight: Retribution
    Torchlight I & II
    Perfect World
    Forsaken World
    Star Trek Online
    Jade Dynasty
    War of the Immortals
    Rusty Hearts
    Champions Online
    Ether Saga Odyssey
    Neverwinter
    Battle of the Immortals
    Raiderz

If you have no interest in this, or any future projects they have then the choice is yours. You just exercise your right to appear as a fool that paid for something without reading about it first. You are participating in a beta and you received your content. You have your diamonds, mounts, companions and the likes.

You received what you paid for.

PWE can dispute the chargeback as well and point then laugh at you. I honestly would too.

YO are you lost in your mind or something? The OP knows full well that s/he will be banned for seeking a refund. The OP is well aware of what will happen. The OP don't need brown-nosers like you to point this out in every other post. If someone is seeking a refund than that someone has no need for the game anyways. Why would they care if they're banned or not... simple answer to that question is, they don't, so why don't you go clean up that nose of yours.
  • Options
    alturenalturen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    endersxet wrote: »
    YO are you lost in your mind or something? The OP knows full well that s/he will be banned for seeking a refund. The OP is well aware of what will happen. The OP don't need brown-nosers like you to point this out in every other post. If someone is seeking a refund than that someone has no need for the game anyways. Why would they care if they're banned or not... simple answer to that question is, they don't, so why don't you go clean up that nose of yours.

/popcorn.gif

Just making sure the users of the forum who read this besides the Op, who seems like an intelligent young man, of course, is well informed.

My nose is clean, thanks. I haven't paid a dime to them, nor do I intend to until the game's Live.

You're cute. Carry on. I'm enjoying my popcorn watching fools try to make their voice heard.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    endersxet wrote: »

Indeed. And why would the OP care? If they are issued with a refund from the chargeback method they will have got all of their cash back making them feel, I expect, much happier about the situation.
    Banned? From free games? i'm sure if the OP wanted to play anything from that list of games you quoted then I'm quite sure that they could simply open another account. Without all the fancy goods they previously started with but safe in the knowledge that they have their cash back.

All of this "but you will be banned, it's the end of the world" is nonsense. Just start another account. Heck, many people have 2 or 3 accounts already just to avoid paying PWE for character slots.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Charging back without first contacting a company requesting a refund can be considered fraudulent.

It will result in punishment from PWE and your card company. I am not sure on all of the specifics but Visa will freeze your account for 120 days.

Chargebacks are for your protection after following the proper steps to gain refunds. If you skip those steps or are not justified on requesting a refund the punishments will be more severe than simply being banned from the game.

Do not advise people to charge back. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.