test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Instead of a Whipe, I Have a Better Idea

spazzinspazzin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For all those crying for a whipe, instead, start a new server. Anyone not satisfied with the status of their server can move to the new untainted one.

Just my opinion...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kerrigan666kerrigan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    That is actually a smart idea lol. There is only one problem. There is a cost attached to maintaining a server and i doubt they are willing to do that.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's spelled WIPE.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • freyarhfreyarh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spazzin wrote: »
    For all those crying for a whipe, instead, start a new server. Anyone not satisfied with the status of their server can move to the new untainted one.

Just my opinion...

And then, when the servers inevitably merge, you have the same problem down the road.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The economy was fine before this big explosion. No one is willing to take me up on the challenge of proving that the economy was broken before the 7 hour rollback. No one.
  • suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hat's not a smart Idea because the same problem that occurred on the original server, will again occur on the new server, this is reality pople need to accept it.
    The only way to prevent these things is for them to make some major changes and I don't think at this point they are willing to make the necessary choices.
  • spazzinspazzin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suroh66 wrote: »
    hat's not a smart Idea because the same problem that occurred on the original server, will again occur on the new server, this is reality pople need to accept it.
    The only way to prevent these things is for them to make some major changes and I don't think at this point they are willing to make the necessary choices.

Actually the same problem wouldn't happen again because they supposably fixed the AH issue in the 7 hours the servers were down. Therefore that exploit does not exist now and a new server would mean all the mules from the other 3 server would have nothing on the new one.

Also, this game does have a large fan base and I'm sure PW and Cryptic could justify the cost of another server to satisfy at least part of the fan base by having the ability to have a fresh clean start. Heck, they may even retain some of the upset "whales" keeping them around and feeding PW/Cryptic some more money.