test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rubberbanding Time-loop / Cannot Progress Character

2»

Comments

• penonationpenonation Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've also been having this issue once I reach the city. I disabled Network iControl and so far, so good. Thanks a ton for the suggestion!
  • rummrunnerrummrunner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have become rather frustrated with this issue or a similar one. Currently on my character, or any new ones I create, upon reaching the city it appears as if all is functioning normally, npc's are loading, players are in the area moving about as they should be properly animated. run off towards quest objective, get a ways, npcs are not rendering in this area, stamina is not dropping at all, and no more players either, then I am teleported immediately back to either the entrance of the city, if on a new character, or back to the tavern prior to going into the tunnels, if on my original character.

Both my original character and all new characters seem to end up in channel 9 of the city, and waiting the requisite 1 min to attempt to change channels, merely results in me being unable to change channels.

Both Network iControl and on-demand patching are off. I am completely out of ideas as to what could be causing this issue, bearing in mind of course that the rubber-banding is not instant; it takes anywhere from 30s to 1.5 mins to rubberband so I am at a loss as to what could cause this. Any suggestions in resolving the matter would be appreciated.
  • blahblahnameblahblahname Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rummrunner wrote: »
    I have become rather frustrated with this issue or a similar one. Currently on my character, or any new ones I create, upon reaching the city it appears as if all is functioning normally, npc's are loading, players are in the area moving about as they should be properly animated. run off towards quest objective, get a ways, npcs are not rendering in this area, stamina is not dropping at all, and no more players either, then I am teleported immediately back to either the entrance of the city, if on a new character, or back to the tavern prior to going into the tunnels, if on my original character.

Both my original character and all new characters seem to end up in channel 9 of the city, and waiting the requisite 1 min to attempt to change channels, merely results in me being unable to change channels.

Both Network iControl and on-demand patching are off. I am completely out of ideas as to what could be causing this issue, bearing in mind of course that the rubber-banding is not instant; it takes anywhere from 30s to 1.5 mins to rubberband so I am at a loss as to what could cause this. Any suggestions in resolving the matter would be appreciated.

Having this same exact problem. I don't have any ASUS hardware or software even on my computer. Have tried disabling on-demand patching and the problem still exists. My network adapter is "Atheros Communications Inc. AR81Family Gigabit adapter" on the off-chance that has anything to do with it. Not sure what to do anymore. Hope someone finds a workaround or a fix is implemented.
  • thurynironstonesthurynironstones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valuvious wrote: »
    Rizazx was able to discover a fix that has worked for both me and him. If you have Asus AI Suite II, either uninstall it or just shut off Network iControl. It was severely bottlenecking our upload speeds and getting rid of it has fixed the issue for us.

Thank you Valuvious and Rizazx! I was having this exact problem, and shutting off Network iControl seems to have fixed it, and it may have fixed a few other weird networking issues I've been having.
  • mmowarriormmowarrior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here... can't play past level 4... I've seen several threads about this issue, but no response... kinda discouraging...
  • sirfrogsirfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happened to me twice last night, had to relog to fix it. Once on dragon bridge and then again some time after.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • mmowarriormmowarrior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've reloged and rebooted several times.. as well as all the other items mentioned... ran the bug tools from the other thread to check latency and my connection is flawless... I wouldn't really even call this rubberbanding, its more like the zone isn't loading completely and doesn't recognize you're in it..
  • makademshaymakademshay Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue as the rest of the posters. I do not have an Asus mobo though, so I do not even have the Network iControl feature. I wonder what my specific problem is. It's either a CPU issue or a latency issue. Or both I guess. Also at first I thought it was the number of players runner around an instance of a map. Then I noticed it still happens in an instance with only 5 people. No clue what is going on.
  • valuviousvaluvious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd suggest testing your internet speed, you can use speedtest.net, to see what your upload speed is. My problem was that it was super slow, so if you guys have unusually slow upload speeds, that might be the cause and you'll just have to figure out what's slowing it down.
  • dumpowerdumpower Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Valuvious and Rizazx! I was having this exact problem, and shutting off Network iControl seems to have fixed it, and it may have fixed a few other weird networking issues I've been having.

Thank you too. I was the same problem too.
    Merci :)
    edited May 2013
    sigh.. I was hoping after the patch the game would be playable... are we going to get any "official" help?

I'm so discouraged by video games these days.. $80 on SimCity.. totally worthless... $60 on this game and can't play past level 4..
  • drengarth1drengarth1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the actuall ****! Yesterday when I first tried this game I could play flawless. Today I though I try another char, logged in and the rubber banding is awfull and connection lost to server happens all the time.
    No its not my internet.. I can play every other god **** mmo without this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> going on. Got my proxy set to EU and yet I got my ms 200+.
    I just needed to vent some and I'm guessing they are working to fix this. Maybe it's just when the servers are smacked with people?
    Oh well.. really want to try this game out :p
  • zuvielezuviele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    mmowarrior wrote: »
    sigh.. I was hoping after the patch the game would be playable... are we going to get any "official" help?

I'm so discouraged by video games these days.. $80 on SimCity.. totally worthless... $60 on this game and can't play past level 4..

Are you sure you aren't experiencing a similar issue as described by several people on the previous pages? Check your upload speed on speedtest.net. I had a huge problem with saves being lost in SimCity too, and I think it was all related to the crappy upload speed...now the rest of SimCity is also mediocre, but tolerable
    The Harper series (NWS-DG3ALMAAC):
    • Part 1: The Rescue (NW-DHWDQZ9YD)
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
  • blahblahnameblahblahname Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd suggest testing your internet speed, you can use speedtest.net, to see what your upload speed is. My problem was that it was super slow, so if you guys have unusually slow upload speeds, that might be the cause and you'll just have to figure out what's slowing it down.

Interesting that you brought this up. I checked my speeds when I was originally having the problem (Before the first patch) and my net was perfect. Read your post and decided to check again just on the off-chance that something may have happened and my upload speed came back at a terrible 0.15 mbps. Reinstalled my network adapter's drivers, and suddenly my upload is back to its full 6mbps and my game runs perfect. Not sure what happened but yay, playing! :)
  • rizazxrizazx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interesting that you brought this up. I checked my speeds when I was originally having the problem (Before the first patch) and my net was perfect. Read your post and decided to check again just on the off-chance that something may have happened and my upload speed came back at a terrible 0.15 mbps. Reinstalled my network adapter's drivers, and suddenly my upload is back to its full 6mbps and my game runs perfect. Not sure what happened but yay, playing! :)

Nice. That's really good information.

I think that confirms that the very slow upload speed (~<0.5Mbit/s) is completely breaking NWN. It's weird because most games require a tiny amount of upload bandwidth and I've never had any game break to this extent even with very low upload speeds. To anyone who is experiencing this problem, please check your internet @ www.speedtest.net. Make sure you aren't uploading any files (cloud drives, seeding torrents) and have any network control programs disabled (network icontrol, etc).
  • karijnekarijne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rizazx was able to discover a fix that has worked for both me and him. If you have Asus AI Suite II, either uninstall it or just shut off Network iControl. It was severely bottlenecking our upload speeds and getting rid of it has fixed the issue for us.

Thank you so much!!
  • lososthefishlososthefish Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well after reading this it seems i cannot play this game because my provider only supports me with 3mb/s upload and 30 mb/s download. That used to be ok for every other game but not this one. Speed test shows me I get what I'm told to get - 3mb/s so nothing is bottlenecking my connection, except when I target oversees servers, like Boston, I get less then 0,5 mb/s more often then not. This sucks, because i waited for a D&D mmo for such a long time and now I'm unable to play it.
  • lyrian7605lyrian7605 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi possible solution for Asus users:

"Uninstall" iControl Network from AI Suite II. I did it and now i can play with no problems.

Good luck!
  • zetanixzetanix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well after reading this it seems i cannot play this game because my provider only supports me with 3mb/s upload and 30 mb/s download. That used to be ok for every other game but not this one. Speed test shows me I get what I'm told to get - 3mb/s so nothing is bottlenecking my connection, except when I target oversees servers, like Boston, I get less then 0,5 mb/s more often then not. This sucks, because i waited for a D&D mmo for such a long time and now I'm unable to play it.

I'm in the same boat as you, I've tried everything to get this game to work but it seems like loading into a populated area is the problem. if it were possible to load into an emptier instance of town we wouldn't have any of these problems. My connection seems severely bottlenecked/restricted while playing this game. Sometimes loading into town takes ages, and other times after relogging 100 times I'm able to move. Must've gotten that lucky empty instance.
  • spdaspda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Disabling Asus Network iControl didn't do it for me but I found another solution.

This worked for me though:
    Local Area Connection Properties-> Disable "WinpkFilter LightWeight Filter"
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all!

We're working on putting together feedback for this. Please head here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?185612-Feedback-Lag-and-Rubberbanding

Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
This discussion has been closed.