test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic please do not listen to the forum whining vocal minority

eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Most people playing couldn't care less about a virtual economy in a video game, they just want to play the game. The pathetic whiners here will forget about it in a few weeks as soon as they find some other 1st world problem to rage and complain about.

A full wipe would probably be the dumbest thing you could possibly do (as you are most certainly aware ).

The vast majority don't really understand or care about what happened with the AH, again they just want to play the game. Erasing everyone's progress completely will drive away so many more people than it would save that it's unthinkable to even consider a full wipe.

If a few spoiled brats (like the ones who pollute these forums) end up leaving because there is no wipe, the game's community will be all the better with their absence.
Post edited by eazydzzz on

Comments

• allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That's stupid. Most people who intend on playing a game for a long time do care that the economy is ruined. For many people, crafting and selling on the AH is an important part of the game. Obviously not to you, but you are one person.
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    <meme removed per RoC>
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • gorbulasgorbulas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you might not need an AH in an MMO. it just make it easier to have one place where everything is getting sold. but you need to have something where free players can earn currency to buy zen from the paying players. its the one thing that keeps scales down the pay to win aspect of any f2p game.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eazydzzz wrote: »
    Most people playing couldn't care less about a virtual economy in a video game, they just want to play the game. The pathetic whiners here will forget about it in a few weeks as soon as they find some other 1st world problem to rage and complain about.

A full wipe would probably be the dumbest thing you could possibly do (as you are most certainly aware ).

The vast majority don't really understand or care about what happened with the AH, again they just want to play the game. Erasing everyone's progress completely will drive away so many more people than it would save that it's unthinkable to even consider a full wipe.

If a few spoiled brats (like the ones who pollute these forums) end up leaving because there is no wipe, the game's community will be all the better with their absence.

Too much truth on this OP, keep it coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mklein2836mklein2836 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I lost one level this morning on my GF. Made it back in like 30 mins and was back to 60 so really no harm. I larger wipe and I'm gone. I like the game and all, but its not worth the hassle.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Strong ignorance.
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Shut up. You are just another completely clueless fanboi idiot.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am with Eazy here - you Devs are doing fine - let the complainers complain. I think the Devs know there would be far more of an outcry over a full wipe from the main game populous then the Social Media/Forum minority.
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too much truth on this OP, keep it coming.

No one cares what you think ******. Go post in the Hello Kitty forums.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    No one cares what you think ******. Go post in the Hello Kitty forums.

I love it when people who don't have a valid argument resort to name calling #itisasadworld
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love it when people who don't have a valid argument resort to name calling #itisasadworld

If you ignore them they get even more pissed, as in sending you PMs and adding you ingame... so much hate :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't read the comments, but just wanted to say

AMEN

to the post title. (thought the body seemed as if it was just MOTS.)

I'm so busy Playing and Enjoying the game, there's not been that much time to hang out on the forums - when I DO come here and 'check in' it seems like there is a WHOLE lot of hate for a game that I'm loving when I'm playing it.

anyway - I am quite enjoying playing the game, and will now leave this scary place they call the 'forums' and go back to my imaginary world where I am a conquering hero!

thanks CRYPTIC for this awesome game! I'm loving it!
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaargtuyolevaargtuyole Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, please do basically nothing so people can already be selling the item the exploiters were selling to hide their misdeeds. So they can already be laughing that they will have their primary account back in 72 hours and be back out in front of everyone else economically.

The vast majority of us are too stupid or lazy or a combo of the two to understand an economy and how devistating what has been done can be and have no real desire to be on a level playing field as were not on one in real life. Leveling the field as should be thought of as a possiblity in a beat should be removed as I dont want to give up my time I'm clearly far too important for matters like game balance.

If the people screaming for a logical solution even if its extreme, who (me) love this game leave because a less than logical and less than effective solution is being taken then all the better terrible games are best without people who wanted the game they held high hopes for rather than the disaster they got.
  • dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013

There are always a few special snowflakes out there. It's one reason WoW stayed away from hosting official forums. There will always be howlers, and screamers, that will, if ignored, will gradually increase font size, and color brightness to make sure everyone hears them.

Give them a month or two, and they will be reduced to making posts about the next, and latest upcoming MMORPG that will totally kill PWE! I've been around this block a few times...and honestly, PW needs to moderate their forums, or the Wine and Gripe fest will do more to damage the game than any exploit.
  • devostifdevostif Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you ignore them they get even more pissed, as in sending you PMs and adding you ingame... so much hate :(

Some things are just easy too hate :(
  • szynkowaszynkowa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm not mad because of the auction house, i honestly never went on it, nor have used it yet. i'm just mad because i lost gladiator's chestpiece and a blue ring from idris.

a wipe was not the right call. they should have done what valve did in TF2 with the halo hats.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    That's stupid. Most people who intend on playing a game for a long time do care that the economy is ruined. For many people, crafting and selling on the AH is an important part of the game. Obviously not to you, but you are one person.

Also many of those that go to those "sites." are people that want the wipe. They're simply the loud minority. The economy is fine. I keep saying that people laugh at this statement but I challenge them to list items that are worth way more than the zen equivalents or explain what exactly is so valued for the time it takes to farm the astrals. No one can do it. No one can explain to me how before this big explosion the economy is bad. Even epics are reasonably priced. Priced well enough that even casuals can afford to buy them from simply doing dailies. Let alone actually putting stuff up from the epic dungeons as well.

The major exploit is gone. The economy is fine.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes. Cryptic listen to people that are silent!
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello All,

Have to say that I was real surprised with the comments from people that wanted a server wipe, but then maybe they were coming from the same people ( Exploiters ) who wanted Cryptic to get rid of any evidence that could be used against them.

I'm sure that Cryptic will get all those responsible albeit in time but they will be dealt with I have no illusions on that.

I remember watching a bone-heads video of himself rocketing through traffic on a highway on his crotch-rocket, he to thought just because he posted a video with no visible info of who he was that he wouldn't get found, but in the electronic age, there are always better cyber-hound dogs.

Oh... I'm sure people think they got away with something, I just hope that when the bell tolls, Cryptic/PW give the NWO supporters a link to read/watch to keep us in " The Loop "

Cheers! All

P.S. A small reminder to the people of Cryptic/PW you have a good forum here PLEASE!!!! don't make me go to some other page to find out info on downed servers or major issues that concern NWO. When I click my shortcut for NWO it opens the NWO client, not Twitter, Google, Facebook nor FireFox.

So why the heck would you want supporters of NWO to go anywhere else but NWO forums to get the info they need. For me I would much rather have a server down for several days and fix the issue(s) then to go into a dungeon, dreading the thought " Am I going to get through this without the server going down, and have to do it all over the next day ? "

Deal with the issues the best you can, and for me..... take all the time you need, but what-ever time is needed and why....... Just keep me informed, and don't pull a multi hour down sever and then post a one line ( not even a full sentence ) bug fix/reason.

Anyway thx for the fun so far, I'll still be here when the smoke settles as I'm sure all the true supporters of NWO will be as well.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    galahad01 wrote: »
    Hello All,

Have to say that I was real surprised with the comments from people that wanted a server wipe, but then maybe they were coming from the same people ( Exploiters ) who wanted Cryptic to get rid of any evidence that could be used against them.

This isn't going to be a criminal case.

Why is it so hard to believe that many good players simply don't want to have to play with others that cheat? You play board games where some steal money from the bank while you sit there and play rule for rule? I find it not surprising at all that a lot of good players want nothing to do with a player base that has cheaters amongst them, seemingly pardoned. Even if it isn't a huge direct effect to them, PRINCIPAL alone is enough.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »

Make that two. My AD hasn't devalued a bit, because I don't use the exchange. If I want zen, I buy it from the website and use it on store items.

I use ingame AD for ingame vendor purchases. Scrolls and the like. Partial respecs. Haven't spent a single AD on the market, and I'm having a blast.

Tell you what. Every single person screaming for a wipe, I've got your solution.

Delete all your characters, which is equivalent of a total reset. Then uninstall the game. THERE is your wipe.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Tell you what. Every single person screaming for a wipe, I've got your solution.

Delete all your characters, which is equivalent of a total reset. Then uninstall the game. THERE is your wipe.

Haha.....that's just mean. :)
  • fashirfashir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Make that two. My AD hasn't devalued a bit, because I don't use the exchange. If I want zen, I buy it from the website and use it on store items.

I use ingame AD for ingame vendor purchases. Scrolls and the like. Partial respecs. Haven't spent a single AD on the market, and I'm having a blast.

Even without zen to AD xfer, your AD still has a value. And that value is significantly less because of this exploit. The damage was not reversed, it merely stopped the bleeding. The economy still has no leg, it's just not getting worse. If your AD was previously worth 1/ 1,500,000 of a heavy nightmare mount and is now worth only 1 / 900,000 ....your AD has lost value. Economy directly correlates to longevity of a game. Without a good economy, an MMO will not last long. We care and would like to see this game be as good as it possibly can. One way of doing that is to actually utilize the open beta to fix mistakes, not just to be a soft release and hide behind it when bugs come around. Either call it a beta and be willing to lose your progress if game breaking exploits come around, or call it release and demand a polished product.

I love NW, I want to see NW last for a very long time. I do not want the economy to become so inflated that a key costs an absurd amount of AD in the future. I would welcome a wipe, get the exploited currency out of the game. They say they have banned the accounts participating, but the currency was circulated. More AD is currently in existence than should be, even with the bans. That leads to an accelerated inflation. Which is bad, just so ya know.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am very happy and love the game, and will continue to financially support it and give it my love.

Thank you, Cryptic.

P.S, Fix threat. Thanks!
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure Cryptic doesn't care that much about what is being posted on these forums. Every MMO or video game forum I post on is the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

99% of threads are just complaints from players who are angry at the game they aren't playing, while the majority of players who do enjoy the game are too busy playing so they can't come on these forums to defend the game devs or write about how they love the game. Or even worst, whenever those kinda players do come on the forums to write something positive, it gets bumped to the 2nd page by all the complaints or the trolls reply with insults and drive them away.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    I am very happy and love the game, and will continue to financially support it and give it my love.

Thank you, Cryptic.

P.S, Fix threat. Thanks!

Threat is fine , l2p thanks D:
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fashir wrote: »
    Even without zen to AD xfer, your AD still has a value. And that value is significantly less because of this exploit.

Much like a neutered dog, you just don't get it, do you?

My AD has lost no value whatsoever to me. All I use it for is the occasional ID scoll purchase or perhaps save up enough to do a feat respec. THAT'S IT. THAT IS THE ONLY "VALUE" I ASCRIBE TO ASTRAL DIAMONDS. Vendor purchase only. I don't market. I don't exchange. How in Hades' name are things that I never use and never will suddenly ascribed value to me?

Nothing any exploiter can do can make the "value" to me lessen. Unless they actually get in the coding and increase vendor prices for those services/items.

Here. I'll even try to explain it simpler. It's like Monopoly money to me. Only useful in the game. I would never try to exchange it for real world money, or waste my precious earnings on it. To find that others are that...gullible......to do so is a source of infinite amusement to me. Especially when they complain about it.

And keys cost ZEN, not astral diamonds. You don't have to use AD to purchase them. Spend the buck twenty five. Every time. No devalue there, is there?

Again, I reiterate. You want a wipe? Delete your characters and uninstall the game. THERE's your wipe.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • ixiondlfixiondlf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

*applaudes*
    Well said. I'm so loving this game. And all those who whine about pay 2 win don't even know the definition of it. The PvP whining comes from people who have no skill and suddenly actually have to have some and not just some stupid buttonmashing.
    There might be a bot issues yes, but seriously: This game is in an open Beta phase. i don't know what people expect when they are TESTING a game.
    And most of them obviously have no idea of how freaking much work a MMO is to programm, maintain and fix tickets that come in in 100s.
    The guys @ Cryptic r doin a fine job! and people whining why there is stuff added to the zen shop and issues haven't been fixed yet i have a really simple answer: Because those things are already done and implemente into the game and the fixed schedule said they should be added. if you don't know how programming software works, stop whining, or go read books over software developement and entreprises in the software market.
  • ixiondlfixiondlf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    I'm sure Cryptic doesn't care that much about what is being posted on these forums. Every MMO or video game forum I post on is the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

99% of threads are just complaints from players who are angry at the game they aren't playing, while the majority of players who do enjoy the game are too busy playing so they can't come on these forums to defend the game devs or write about how they love the game. Or even worst, whenever those kinda players do come on the forums to write something positive, it gets bumped to the 2nd page by all the complaints or the trolls reply with insults and drive them away.

nicely said
  • kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Around 11 peps from work started playing this.. 1 is left :O... i wouldnt say the majority still enjoys the game.