test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Refund Policy

Comments

• Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypnagogia wrote: »
    According to TOS: "As a Beta tester, you are invited to play Beta Games for the sole purpose of evaluating the games and identifying errors. " No mention of having to fund their "project", so any retraction of any accidental funding would be of no legal importance.

Yes but you didn't pay for the game, did ya?
  • Options
    alturenalturen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    http://www.perfectworld.com/

The publisher says that the game is Live, not Open Beta there.

Legally, if there is any point of contradiction or confusion (for example the game being advertised as Live and in Beta at the same time) the purchase contract can be contested and considered to have never been valid.

Dunno what you're looking at. The main page states it plain as day: "Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter. Now in Open Beta! Play Now!"

You should refresh the front page...

If you click on Neverwinter, it states it's in Beta.

Are you feeling okay?
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    They did NOT deliver the goods as promised in the Founders Packs!!

At the time of the Founders Packs compaign, AD was valued at X AD = X Zen (think it was 500 to 1) after the exploit from Day 1 of the 'Open Beta' the AD has dropped in value, therefor the Founders Packs that were purchased did not deliver a equal value. So no Cryptic did not deliver the goods as promised in the original sale.

The original sale went in effect when the OB started (actually in headstart for founders), so, what are you exactly talking about? You got your AD. Do you want Cryptic to guarantee that exchange rate till you feel comfortable with using your AD??

Also the exchange rate hovered around 490-480 for days
  • Options
    liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013

At the time of the Founders Packs compaign, AD was valued at X AD = X Zen (think it was 500 to 1) after the exploit from Day 1 of the 'Open Beta' the AD has dropped in value, therefor the Founders Packs that were purchased did not deliver a equal value. So no Cryptic did not deliver the goods as promised in the original sale.
    omg.. Oh my god... you're serious aren't you? You actually believe in what you're saying? my god...
  • Options
    alturenalturen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You received 2,000,000 AD, did you not?

You received said product.

If the value changes, oh well. That's business and economy.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alturen wrote: »
    Dunno what you're looking at. The main page states it plain as day: "Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter. Now in Open Beta! Play Now!"

You should refresh the front page...

If you click on Neverwinter, it states it's in Beta.

Are you feeling okay?

Each game on that page is listed with a code letter next to its name. Neverwinter has an L for Live but not the O for Open Beta.

I'm feeling fine.

As I said, advertised as Live and in Open Beta at the same time. That is a point of contradiction that can be used to render any purchase contract invalid.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013

Wrong, because the exchange rate is not set by Cryptic but by what players are willing to pay the exchange rate is, by definition, something that will change over time. You therefore have no grounds to expect that a rate of 500 to 1 would be maintained.
  • Options
    hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    alturen wrote: »
    You received 2,000,000 AD, did you not?

You received said product.

If the value changes, oh well. That's business and economy.

"The Beta Tester is invited for the sole purpose of evaluating the games and identifying errors"

According to the TOS he shouldn't have paid. There shouldn't be an option to pay.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    Go through support and put a ticket in but I can pretty much guarantee that they won't give you your money back. The next step is talking to the bank that issued your Credit Card.

And that'll lead to perma ban of his accounts related to his card(not to mention card ban as well).
    You got your zen, you used your zen, nothing will or can be refunded, should have read TOS.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    And that'll lead to perma ban of his accounts related to his card(not to mention card ban as well).
    You got your zen, you used your zen, nothing will or can be refunded, should have read TOS.

He will be refunded.

My D3 dispute progress:

Resolution of Your Case: #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
    favor.

You have indicated that a partial refund of 59.99 EUR would be satisfactory.
    We were able to recover 59.99 EUR and this amount has been credited to you.
    Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
    recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
    to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
    seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
    privileges.

Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Blizzard Entertainment SAS
    Seller's Email: paypalFR@blizzard.com
    Seller's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction Date: May 16, 2012
    Transaction Amount: -59.99 EUR
    Invoice ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Your Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Case Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Buyer's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "The Beta Tester is invited for the sole purpose of evaluating the games and identifying errors"

According to the TOS he shouldn't have paid. There shouldn't be an option to pay.

I am so happy. If you are going to ask a chargeback with that defence plan, it's going to be so painful....
  • Options
    theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go through support and put a ticket in but I can pretty much guarantee that they won't give you your money back. The next step is talking to the bank that issued your Credit Card.

I wouldn't recommend calling your bank / credit card... You willingly gave them your money for a product and there is no guarantee from hacks, exploits, bugs, glitches... so if you get your money back by telling credit card company you've been scammed... prepare for consequences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    I am so happy. If you are going to ask a chargeback with that defence plan, it's going to be so painful....

Product not as advertised/not as expected. Done. Welcome to real life.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't recommend calling your bank / credit card... You willingly gave them your money for a product and there is no guarantee from hacks, exploits, bugs, glitches... so if you get your money back by telling credit card company you've been scammed... prepare for consequences.

• Options
    edited May 2013

What product? Have you actually bought this game? Or a pack of virtual items and privileges? Seriously, before doing something stupid, talk to a lawyer. Or an adult
  • Options
    imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013

Exactly. I didn't ceated, my acount is still intact but i just dont feel like playing this game and i think i have a good reason. So I will ask a refund as soon as i can, tickets still not working
  • Options
    theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd put money on it that Cryptic won't refund...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited May 2013
    What product? Have you actually bought this game? Or a pack of virtual items and privileges? Seriously, before doing something stupid, talk to a lawyer. Or an adult

Please kid, check post #41: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?267761-Refund-Policy&p=3562862&viewfull=1#post3562862. I've already stated the facts.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    He will be refunded.

My D3 dispute progress:

Resolution of Your Case: #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
    favor.

You have indicated that a partial refund of 59.99 EUR would be satisfactory.
    We were able to recover 59.99 EUR and this amount has been credited to you.
    Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
    recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
    to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
    seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
    privileges.

Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Blizzard Entertainment SAS
    Seller's Email: paypalFR@blizzard.com
    Seller's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction Date: May 16, 2012
    Transaction Amount: -59.99 EUR
    Invoice ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Your Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Case Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Buyer's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You bought a game that for many reasons wasn't up to your liking AND you claimed for a refund immediately or pretty quickly.

Here there is no game being bought, just a bunch of virtual items and currencies, OVER 20 DAYS AGO

Not the same thing I afraid so you can stop reposting that
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You are even stupider than you seem. A feat by itself
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also if you buy a game at best buy lets say... open the box and play the game... kiss your refund good bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    sanasu wrote: »
    It worked fine in Chrome for me, although I am not expecting much. Maybe try a different web browser? Idk... :/

I tryed with Chrome, Firefox and even INTERNET EXPLORER !
  • Options
    cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I've done it with other companies, and because I know my legal rights in my country, I've always got a refund in situations like this. It depends onwhat country you are in, and what your consumer rights are like.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To preface my remarks with the fact that I'm not going to be issuing a chargeback on this, that what was delivered was as described is not sufficient. If I ordered a bunch of flowers for my GF to arrive on her birthday, and it arrived in perfect condition the day after, I still have a claim (at least in UK law).

If I had a rare day off, bought a load of points and a founders pack largely to use on that day, and all my progress that day got rolled back, I would have a similar claim and could do the chargeback legitimately.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Read the ToS of Cryptic and be ready
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited May 2013
    You bought a game that for many reasons wasn't up to your liking AND you claimed for a refund immediately or pretty quickly.

Here there is no game being bought, just a bunch of virtual items and currencies, OVER 20 DAYS AGO

Not the same thing I afraid so you can stop reposting that

1st. Someone could have bought ZEN 3 days ago.
    2nd. In civilized europe you can make a chargeback for a purchase made 30 days ago. So you may stop raging over things you clearly have no idea about.
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Also if you buy a game at best buy lets say... open the box and play the game... kiss your refund good bye.

Remember that outside the United States, consumer laws are far stronger and favour the consumer over the retailer/seller.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd put money on it that Cryptic won't refund...

If they dont refund, i will charge back. Have been trying to cantact the support for 30 hours now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You are even stupider than you seem. A feat by itself

You are clearly a kid.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1st. Someone could have bought ZEN 3 days ago.
    2nd. In civilized europe you can make a chargeback for a purchase made 30 days ago. So you may stop raging over things you clearly have no idea about.

You can but it goes on hold till the 2 parts have had a chance to express their viewpoint. You see, differently from you I know what I am talking about. And then, you'll explain them your point of view and bye bye credit rating
This discussion has been closed.