test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Refund Policy

imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

I haven't cheated or exploited so I'm pretty sure my account wont be banned, i just feel disappointed that it will be only a couple of hours rollback, there was SOO many exploits that people used to get gear and farm Astral Diamonds even before the Trade House exploit.

So even with all the rollbacks i don't feel i wanna keep playing this game, so i wonder after all this accident, can I charge back the founders pack and the 1000 Zen i bought ?

And please don't say its ok to have all those bugs, errors exploits (Feats, powers, misleading tooltips, broken 4p bonus and shards) because this is a beta, i don't really see this game as one since you charged for early access and $$ store up.

I love this game, don't get me wrong, but it's hard to put my effort into it knowing that soo many people cheated they're way into it, and you can barely deal with exploits, imagine how long it will take to fix Power/feats and balance classes.

Sorry for my terrible english.
Post edited by imoteb on

Comments

• Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Go through support and put a ticket in but I can pretty much guarantee that they won't give you your money back. The next step is talking to the bank that issued your Credit Card.
  • Options
    hiroprotagonistshiroprotagonists Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h3FAAE99E
  • Options
    feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    If you attempt to chargeback at all you will be automatically perm banned so I wouldn't try unless you want to leave (File a ticket first don't just chargeback, it is actually in some cases illegal since they delivered you the goods).

If you lost Zen, it will be returned. They are fixing the economy collapse with a rollback. Don't threat.

However if you feel like a refund, use the ticket system.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    feargx wrote: »
    If you attempt to chargeback at all you will be automatically perm banned so I wouldn't try unless you want to leave (File a ticket first don't just chargeback, it is actually in some cases illegal since they delivered you the goods).

If you lost Zen, it will be returned. They are fixing the economy collapse with a rollback. Don't threat.

However if you feel like a refund, use the ticket system.
    HAHAHAH take your head out from the sand pile and open your eyes. the economy isn't gonna be fixed with a 7 hour rollback and yes there is a reason to fret.
  • Options
    azuregateazuregate Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your ticket won't be answered, they're swamped and have little to no customer support.

Call up your bank and put in the request.

You'll get banned from the game but if you don't intend to play it that shouldn't matter.

Honestly I supported this game from the start but from all the rampant exploits and blatant greed from the rushed monetization, I don't care anymore.
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No because now people might see why the company and so many others uses the word 'beta' in the game.
    Most (there are still naive people left who genuinely believe its beta) know that the idea of this actually being beta is laughable, but in cases like this, if you read the terms and conditions you won't have a leg to stand on, unless you get yourself a very clever lawyer who can rip the argument apart that this is beta that they will claim, thus meaning the terms and conditions of beta are null and void.
  • Options
    lmn1182lmn1182 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not entirely sure how successful you will be. You paid for, and received digital goods. At no point in time have Cryptic not supplied the goods.

What you are talking about is essentially fraud. Cryptic never guaranteed anything because you simply cannot. Would you chargeback the bank for a purchase of real currency because the currency was devalued? No you would not.

These posts, are really sad. Propagated by a minority. You want to leave the game, fine do so. Nobody who is here, and that is a tiny portion of the game population really cares.

People will spout "the game will die then you will care". No I will not, I will simply find something else to play when "I" decide the game is no longer entertaining.

The economy is broken I hear you cry, MMO economies are always broken. Prices rise, and fall all the time. Sometimes they crash with a glut and sometimes they soar due to new content but they are rarely static.

So please, take all your rage and childish whining, bottle it up and have an embolism and leave us alone.
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anyone is seriously considering trying to get refunds or whatever, then ask support because even if there is a legitimately useful answer that gets posted here, it will be buried under a sea of contradictory/raging nonsense.
  • Options
    imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    There a lot of anger and rage in here, i guess people didn t undertood my topic, or my English.

I will ask for a refund, since its clearly on the EULa i signed that you are not allowed to exploit, cheat and abuse, I also paid for something stable with a minimum (there is no exploit proof game) of illegal stuff.

Seriously guys, i wrote:

"I love this game, don't get me wrong"

So before you post pictures of spock raging, read my post, I'm actually SAD about it, i was just wondering if anyone got a sucessfull refund and what was the process behind it.

I will try to work this out on the support section, but im afraid they will tell "your time for a refund is over" not taking into consideration all the mess that happened (not just yesterday).

So seriously, does someone has anything USEFUL to add to the topic ? anyone got a refund or know how it works ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If anyone is seriously considering trying to get refunds or whatever, then ask support because even if there is a legitimately useful answer that gets posted here, it will be buried under a sea of contradictory/raging nonsense.

Thank you very much. I just made this post because support must be a mess right now, i might call them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i've tryed to open a support ticket and the page crashes every time (for the last 24 hours), anyone having the same issue ?
  • Options
    sanasusanasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imoteb wrote: »
    i've tryed to open a support ticket and the page crashes every time (for the last 24 hours), anyone having the same issue ?

It worked fine in Chrome for me, although I am not expecting much. Maybe try a different web browser? Idk... :/
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "I will ask for a refund, since its clearly on the EULa i signed that you are not allowed to exploit, cheat and abuse, I also paid for something stable with a minimum (there is no exploit proof game) of illegal stuff."

That means that if you caught doing those things, you will be banned

It doesn't mean that if someone is caught doing it, you can get a refund....
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is always the 'Fair use' defense.

If you pay for something and its quality is substantially different to what you had a right to believe, then you are generally entitled to a refund. Given this launch is actually competing for one of the worst ever, with exploits in the game that carried over from previous games, I think it shouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    alturenalturen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll set expectations here. If you charge back anything regarding something you purchased with a company, they have full rights to ban you from anything and everything they support. This includes, but is not limited to the following:

Blacklight: Retribution
    Torchlight I & II
    Perfect World
    Forsaken World
    Star Trek Online
    Jade Dynasty
    War of the Immortals
    Rusty Hearts
    Champions Online
    Ether Saga Odyssey
    Neverwinter
    Battle of the Immortals
    Raiderz

If you have no interest in this, or any future projects they have then the choice is yours. You just exercise your right to appear as a fool that paid for something without reading about it first. You are participating in a beta and you received your content. You have your diamonds, mounts, companions and the likes.

You received what you paid for.

PWE can dispute the chargeback as well and point then laugh at you. I honestly would too.
  • Options
    theloliruritheloliruri Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What PWE is doing is fraud. Just chargeback.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What PWE is doing is fraud. Just chargeback.

Ever read a Terms of Service before in your life?

You really should.

You look stupid.

Edit: Just because I like being right...Subsection 16. on the Terms of Service at the bottom of the page states, and I quote;

As a Beta tester, you are invited to play Beta Games for the sole purpose of evaluating the games and identifying errors. Nothing in these Terms, or on this Website, shall be construed as granting you any rights or privileges of any kind with respect to the Beta Games or content that you find here. The Beta Games are provided for testing on an "as is", "as available" basis and we make no warranty to you of any kind, express or implied. You understand and agree that playing Beta Games is at your own risk, that you know that the Beta Games may include known or unknown bugs, and that PWE has no obligations to you with respect to Beta Games, including without limitation any obligation to provide such games to you in the future at no charge.

When playing some Beta Games, you may accumulate treasure, experience points, equipment, or other value or status indicators within the Beta test. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to novice status.

Reading the forums is much more fun than playing the game at times...

You lose, sir. You get nothing. Good day.
  • Options
    pup2012pup2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a note from someone who actually knows how the Toes and Eula work in a legal situation in reference to a chargeback, PWE have no leg to stand on. The credit card company always sides with the customer to keep business, its how the system works, but PWE have every reason to ban you off any current/future projects for fear of losing business and keeping credit rating. Alturen you may like being right but in this situation there is a lot more to it.
    Thanks and have a good day.

REMEMBER: its PWE's choice as to what they limit you to if you do this, so do this if you really intend to walk away and never look back to PWE.
  • Options
    tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    alturen wrote: »

You really should.

You look stupid.

Edit: Just because I like being right...Subsection 16. on the Terms of Service at the bottom of the page states, and I quote;

As a Beta tester, you are invited to play Beta Games for the sole purpose of evaluating the games and identifying errors. Nothing in these Terms, or on this Website, shall be construed as granting you any rights or privileges of any kind with respect to the Beta Games or content that you find here. The Beta Games are provided for testing on an "as is", "as available" basis and we make no warranty to you of any kind, express or implied. You understand and agree that playing Beta Games is at your own risk, that you know that the Beta Games may include known or unknown bugs, and that PWE has no obligations to you with respect to Beta Games, including without limitation any obligation to provide such games to you in the future at no charge.

When playing some Beta Games, you may accumulate treasure, experience points, equipment, or other value or status indicators within the Beta test. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to novice status.

The only one being stupid is you, if you really believe ToS are worth **** in any real life situation concerning customer rights.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pup2012 wrote: »
    Just a note from someone who actually knows how the Toes and Eula work in a legal situation in reference to a chargeback, PWE have no leg to stand on. The credit card company always sides with the customer to keep business, its how the system works, but PWE have every reason to ban you off any current/future projects for fear of losing business and keeping credit rating. Alturen you may like being right but in this situation there is a lot more to it.

REMEMBER: its PWE's choice as to what they limit you to if you do this, so do this if you really intend to walk away and never look back to PWE.

I can totally agree with you, as you're looking at it from a business perspective. The business benefit lies in the card holder, but that's indemnifying them in the long run as customers too. (Worked for many of them in the past. Chargebacks have a huge penalty, even if you have great history.)

It just sucks but if people can't read or understand the terms of service, they deserve to be screwed out of their money.

Editing for the person who replied above me.

l o l.

That's all. When you've been in court son and actually lost due to a TOS, then you can talk. Adults are talking, please mind your manners~
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pup2012 wrote: »

Actually, companies share a blacklist of bad customers so not sure the repercussions would be limited to business with PWE.
    That is if the bank (that will withhold the funding in case PWE disputes this) actually agrees with your explanation. The PS3 version of Black Ops in UK was deemed so bad to be worth a refund but it took a judge to decide that and the game was actually almost unplayable (while the xbox and PC version were fine, bug wise). Here, it will be interesting seeing as it turns out
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Actually, companies share a blacklist of bad customers so not sure the repercussions would be limited to business with PWE.
    That is if the bank (that will withhold the funding in case PWE disputes this) actually agrees with your explanation. The PS3 version of Black Ops in UK was deemed so bad to be worth a refund but it took a judge to decide that and the game was actually almost unplayable (while the xbox and PC version were fine, bug wise). Here, it will be interesting seeing as it turns out

I remember hearing about that. It's crazy, but these things happen, I agree.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I remember hearing about that. It's crazy, but these things happen, I agree.

If you referring to Black Ops, the game was terrible. As in even worse than the PS3 version of Skyrim. Users started a lawsuit and had enough evidence to win it. But I reiterate, the game was absolutely terrible (bug wise)
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You really should.

You look stupid.

http://www.perfectworld.com/

The publisher says that the game is Live, not Open Beta there.

Legally, if there is any point of contradiction or confusion (for example the game being advertised as Live and in Beta at the same time) the purchase contract can be contested and considered to have never been valid.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013

Editing for the person who replied above me.

l o l.

That's all. When you've been in court son and actually lost due to a TOS, then you can talk. Adults are talking, please mind your manners~

My manners are reserved for those who deserve them. You clearly don't.

And you're still wrong.
  • Options
    liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah! maybe you can take a dump & get a refund for your groceries!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tomalak011 wrote: »
    My manners are reserved for those who deserve them. You clearly don't.

And you're still wrong.

</opinion.>
  • Options
    hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    According to TOS: "As a Beta tester, you are invited to play Beta Games for the sole purpose of evaluating the games and identifying errors. " No mention of having to fund their "project", so any retraction of any accidental funding would be of no legal importance.
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    feargx wrote: »
    (File a ticket first don't just chargeback, it is actually in some cases illegal since they delivered you the goods)

They did NOT deliver the goods as promised in the Founders Packs!!

At the time of the Founders Packs compaign, AD was valued at X AD = X Zen (think it was 500 to 1) after the exploit from Day 1 of the 'Open Beta' the AD has dropped in value, therefor the Founders Packs that were purchased did not deliver a equal value. So no Cryptic did not deliver the goods as promised in the original sale.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Remember that the law in UK states that you have a right to a full refund, no question asked, for 15 days after the purchase IF YOU CAN RETURN THE ITEM IN THE ORIGINAL CONDITIONS. How you going to apply that to virtual goods that people have been using without problems for the last 20+ days, I really dunno

And don't forget that there is a huge difference between a refund and a getting your bank to withhold funds you paid
This discussion has been closed.