test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chat Restriction Problems / Chat Bannings. Extremely Infuriating! Need to be fixed!

smurph115smurph115 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello. I'm going to start of with this statement. I am NOT a spammer. I am merely a person who talks a lot, and in segments like so.

- Hey
-So guys I found out something today
-If you put your fingers in your nose far enough
-You can't breath
-Isn't that cool?
-Guise?
"You have been chat banned for 24 hours"

This only happens in Zone or Say chat. I was merely talking to a friend in say chat, saying that I'm a bad person for not praying enough. Started caps lock yelling about it and apparently a little too much. The gods were angered by this and decided to smite me with a 24 hour chat ban.

As a Devoted Cleric this is a PLAGUE. It is almost impossible for me to get anywhere if not in a group. Now that I'm running T1 & T2 Dungeons communication is also VITAL. Its a really big punishment for a very small offense.

I want to stress I completely understand the need for spam filters but a 24 hour ban to start is FAR to much. I am not a gold bot. I'm not a sell spammer. I'm just a rambunctious person with a very fast WPM(120+) who breaks his chat into segments.

Another problem I'm having, as I've also seen others post about, is the ticket system. In game support options arn't working and it's a big problem as far as a Beta goes. Please get on this. Thanks.

Edited here to expand.

There are also some bad side effects I've realized after talking to a friend. Many things are VERY difficult to do if chat banned, and you can't even inform your friends, except for with the mailbox service. Here is a list of things that are difficult to do during the next day for me, as I still have 23 hours and 22 minutes left on my chat ban.

Pvp - Everyone gets mad when you don't respond and you can't explain if you're doing something wrong.

Epics - Can't do pugs. First off no communication. Second if they're derps you can't lead them to victory. Third if you're like me and want to be secondary heal, primary debuff you can't communicate it.

Leveling - Not a problem for me currently but I was lvl 55 and was chat banned my first time. Its only happened to me twice so relax. Still... thats 48 hours total. For someone who plays as often as me, especially with I'm so passionate about this game, that is ROUGH. I had to lvl from 55 to 60 chat banned and was bashed by so many for randomly party requesting and then not saying one word. Its hard to solo 55 to 60 with low level companion tanks (seeing as the companion level for non cash shop pets is 15). Real hard!

Selling items - Auction house is down right now. That means I can make no income at all. Hurts bro.

Guild - People think I'm ignoring them! thank god for mumble otherwise everyone would be like "We'll hes running around but no responding idk. And for some reason he keeps running up to me on his horse and thrusting..."

TL;DR: Chat bans turn you into a freaking Mime. I hate mimes and I hate makeup. Don't make me be a Mime PWE. Halp pls!
Post edited by smurph115 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Posted this in two sections because I'm not sure where it should go.. Sheesh that kinda makes me look like a spammer.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is as fixed as it will ever be I am afraid. See this keeps the devs from having to keep up with the population. It saves work by letting the players ban anyone they don’t like or anyone different. Gold spammers still get to do what they do; its only actual players that get stomped on by this policy.

So if you tend to annoy people in chat, you may be relegated to an “every other day” solution. I stay out of “Zone” altogether. It’s just a ban waiting to happen. Once I get my RP groove on “Say” may become problematic but one must take one’s chances.

If you just have to chat in Zone you should strongly consider changing to be more appealing to the masses. This is the message Cryptic is sending you. If your chat style is bothersome to the populace, change it. Try to be more topical, talk about something popular, try to make friends who are cool and wont immediately place you on ignore.

It goes without saying that you are on a free account and other free accounts are just an email away. Got nothing better to do? There is always vengeance. But why dwell on that. Wouldn’t it just be easier to change your personality? Become someone different than yourself for an online audience? Cryptic thinks so.

Now if only I could ban that Admin that keep spamming me about people and their horses!
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Stop babbling **** then.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You used 6 chat lines for something that could be said in one, if am near you and have to read your bs, i report u for chat spammer by the third line.
  • Options
    blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd also ignore you as spam thus leading to a chat ban,,,dont be a dope and you wont get chat banned
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Meh. I see your point savant. Its just habit. Hard to change something like that. I suppose I will have to work on it however. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That stuff is spam and totally useless.
  • Options
    voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How annoying. Not the ban, the way you type in chat. Also your tping complete nonsense = spam
    Id report you too, this isnt a myface text messaging app
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    90% of you are only reading a portion of the post, and not taking into account the negative effects. This happens to a lot of innocent people, and even if you don't see me as that you need to realize that bigger picture.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did I mention the chat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who really enjoy shutting people down for not chatting like them? Yeah it’s the new PVP, oddly it’s not any more balanced than normal PVP.

Go fig.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    story of my life. lots of hate here x_x
  • Options
    voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    Did I mention the chat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who really enjoy shutting people down for not chatting like them? Yeah it’s the new PVP, oddly it’s not any more balanced than normal PVP.

Go fig.

Explain "not chatting like them"
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smurph115 wrote: »
    90% of you are only reading a portion of the post, and not taking into account the negative effects. This happens to a lot of innocent people, and even if you don't see me as that you need to realize that bigger picture.

Why can't he learn to write in a complete sentence then when he claims to have such high WPM? If he can't learn to write in just a sentence then he doesn't even DESERVE to use chat at all.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you were clearly talking inane nonsense over multiple messages, that people did not wish to read. So they reported you. Live with it. You may think that it's no spam but it's annoying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that nobody needs. Take that to a private channel if you must.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Forgot the internet is a place only for complete sentences. GG. WP. OMFG. LOL. NJ BRO. NP. WTF? ZOMFg. OP. all complete sentences. Pwnd.
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smurph115 wrote: »

You realize that they are proving their point by only reading a portion of it?
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah that's wrong conisdering this dnd it's an rp game for Christ sakes
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait so you were penalized for being obnoxious and came here to make an obnoxious thread complaining about it
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I typed...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Liked you did...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    im sure folks would think it would be annoying too..
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to ALL cryptic games. This a standard feature of all their games chat. You are welcome to rant and rave on the boards about it but be aware that Cryptic won't change it. As a matter of fact a bunch of people got banned from the Champions Online forum for ranting on and on a couple years ago when they first added this.

And just to be contrary I'll point you to all the threads with people in them demanding something be done about the selling in chat in zone chat. Which this is Cryptics answer to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ordenstrappierordenstrappier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xx.png
    IDK but this is just plain annoying
    3 lines then boom your now a spambot, seriously, they gotta fix this
    JON SNOW - LVL 60 Guardian Fighter - Dragon
  • Options
    czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, your use of colored text gives me an idea of how obnoxious you can be already, plus sockmunky's example shows you why it might not be a good idea to type like that anywhere other people are able to see it.

That said, they really should fix the ignore feature so that it does not flag people for spamming. In my mind there is a big difference between people who I want to ignore due to inane comments, and spammers, who I want to shoot in the face with a shotgun...

Oh and on a similar note, last night there was SIGNIFICANTLY less selling going on in zone chat, which was nice, and I would guess directly related to chat bans.