test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forget the "thank you" packs.

klucientklucient Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I honestly don't really care much for it, or what'll be in it. If I had been paying a monthly subscription fee I'd be more than royally upset, but since it's a free-to-play game that I can drop and pick up whenever I want without dishing out any money up front I went ahead and more or less found something else to do with my Sunday rather than foaming at the mouth in front of the computer and whining because game servers aren't up.

Want to know what I do care about though? The fixing of the auction house UI so that it sorts items by level properly. Oh, yeah, squashing exploits is always nice too and it'd be even better if you released a patch including the exploit fix -and- the auction house fix.

Hint hint.
Post edited by klucient on

Comments

• Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't expecting any sort of compensation. So regardless of what's in it, the "thank you pack" is a nice touch. Diablo 3 had something very similar happen a couple weeks ago, where you would cancel an auction and get double your gold back. They fixed the exploit and didn't give anyone jack, lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting any sort of compensation. So regardless of what's in it, the "thank you pack" is a nice touch. Diablo 3 had something very similar happen a couple weeks ago, where you would cancel an auction and get double your gold back. They fixed the exploit and didn't give anyone jack, lol.

Sure, it's a nice touch but I wasn't really expecting it and yeah, I remember reading about that. It's been a long time since I played D3 anyway. To me it didn't have the same kind of replay value that D2 had.
  • Options
    eycezeycez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klucient wrote: »
    Sure, it's a nice touch but I wasn't really expecting it and yeah, I remember reading about that. It's been a long time since I played D3 anyway. To me it didn't have the same kind of replay value that D2 had.

So you think people should be compensated for a glitch that gives them double gold back? What do you suggest? Quadruple gold?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eycez wrote: »
    So you think people should be compensated for a glitch that gives them double gold back? What do you suggest? Quadruple gold?

...When did I ever say that? I said I wasn't expecting a 'thank you' pack for the servers being down..and then I brought up how I read about the D3 exploit. At what point did I say I think people should be compensated for any kind of glitch? You must be misreading my post.
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't expecting one either, however, the contents of this pack will be quite telling. If it's nothing more than some skill kits and altars then that will scream volumes about how much PWE and Cryptic care about their player base. We'll see what they stick in those things.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is Open Beta and by design used to debug any issues with the game. I consider being able to continue to play Open Beta for free is good enough thank you gift for me.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't expecting one either, however, the contents of this pack will be quite telling. If it's nothing more than some skill kits and altars then that will scream volumes about how much PWE and Cryptic care about their player base. We'll see what they stick in those things.

Someone in another post said it would be hilarious if everyone got a 'cat' companion after this. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, seeing as how hours after people abused this exploit the only real in-game currency was that of 'Cat'.
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    klucient wrote: »
    Someone in another post said it would be hilarious if everyone got a 'cat' companion after this. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, seeing as how hours after people abused this exploit the only real in-game currency was that of 'Cat'.

If that was the case then I suppose it would show that they have a sense of humor.