test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The REAL reason why non exploiters want a wipe

kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I think it should made clear why NW actions werent so bad...
1st of all I would like to aknowledge the Founders and Zen buyers. We all should thank them, if it werent for them WE WOULD NOT HAVE THIS AWESOME GAME. They are the ones paying the bill. Most people dont wanna work for free and this is not charity. So thank you founders and zen buyers.

2nd I would like to make clear. ALMOST NO ONE, not even scammers and this game to blow up. We dont want a bad economy, we want this game to endure and continue. Founders and zen buyers even more because they INVESTED REAL MONEY into this and they wanna have fun.

3rd it is a fact that the economy is shaken because there are in fact many exploits and bugs being used, besides the AH one and that PEOPLE STILL USE NOW. To kill bosses with 1 hit or throwing mobs into pits, skipping dungeons completly going outside the map, and the ones that were fixed like the foundry glitch, boss respawn and so it goes on. And wipe DOES seem like a good call to restart fresh and ensure the continuation of NW.

On a side note... People who bought AD and ZEN from non-official sources are the ones who dont want wipe the most!! If there is a wipe they wont be refunded nor compensated, just plain old LOSS!!! And if that happened, that should teach you to stop relying on unreliable sources. Ur the reason why gold farmers exist and the reason some people were able to exploit and profit from this crisis.

Now... THERE IS another reason for why ZEN buyers and Founders want a wipe, and its a big one. This game incetivates you into wasting your ZEN and AD in pointless craps, examples are:
a- lottery trying to get good **** from nightmare coffers and getting enchantment <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
b- lottery trying to get good **** and getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of crafting packs...
c- unbinding enchantments and rune
d- respecting powers and feats
e- speeding up pet training and crafting timers
*** getting pointless useless itens that have no use whatsoever besides esthetical
g- buying crappy gear that goes bind and u cant resell... because they ARE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and ur gonna get better stuff in no time
h- buying overpriced <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and then seeing it drop in price in a matter of days
i- buying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to try them out and regretting
j- trying to fuse runes and then regretting when it goes bad
h- wasting good consumables in pointless battles

Because of that and many others reasons, founders advantage and zen buyers advantage got chipped away little by little and wasted in most part in time. Lots of decisons they regret and if there was a wipe, they would recover in full power their advantage being in itens or AD or ZEN, and would have a second chance of doing it the right way and maintaining that advantage for longer.

Dont get me wrong. I do think they deserve that advantage since they PAYED for it, even if they wasted it so a 2nd chance isnt that bad. And I do think that wipe is one of the ONLY ways to fix the economy and ensure a better future for NW, but I also think people should be made aware of this.
I still support the idea. I am a founder (though not HON) and I did purchase a large amount of ZEN so I am one of those cases. Some decisions you make seem like good ones back then, but when u look back u do regret them as wasting ZEN and AD is not fun. And the economy/game is a bit screwed up, even before the AH <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the market was already flooded with tier 1 and 2 gear because of those glitches.

About the decison they made on the roll back. I did lose like 110k AD and an epic t2 ring I was using. But hey... **** happens right? get ur head up and go on. And if the thank you gift they are planning is GOOD. Hey, its not so bad! so lets go on and play this awesome game
Post edited by kajiwht on

Comments

• rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Cool story bro
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kajiwht wrote: »
    I think it

LOL for some reason the 40 lines text is gone...
    gonna re-write it chill

I think it's because you used a non-standard apostrophe.
  • luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lmao............................
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • grayvenraynegrayvenrayne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it

gonna re-write it chill

TS;DR.

/10char
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    I think it's because you used a non-standard apostrophe.
    Yeah that happens to me a lot, super annoying.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The real question is: why should a "non-exploiter" player be punished for something the exploiters did?
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
  • insanitytrapinsanitytrap Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it

gonna re-write it chill

Sweet, I have chair and rope to give away. You would probably find it useful :D
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Personally the only reason I wouldn't dare about a wipe was because I'm kind of a need of a respec, so considering the price I was wondering... ^^
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    maddriver wrote: »
    The real question is: why should a "non-exploiter" player be punished for something the exploiters did?
    It's not a punishment - think long term, it won't matter in the big picture.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its called Delete | create new character lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • bluarcherbluarcher Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    It's not a punishment - think long term, it won't matter in the big picture.

correct in lets say 3 months time we wont even notice the problem was ever here the players crying wipe are just using this as a reason to get a free respec ..... case closed
  • kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    OK... now its here
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1st of all I would like to aknowledge the Founders and Zen buyers... we all should thank them... if it werent for them WE WOULD NOT HAVE THIS AWESOME GAME... they are the ones paying the bill..

And we should all thank everyone else for being content in the game.

Both are needed, which shows how little you understand how the system works.

You don't open a thread by dickriding the minority.
  • kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    its my post I started it the way I like it... you can start yours as u see fit...
    if u wanna aknowledge the players go ahead... I'm not saying their not important... was just making that point coz in my topic... because the ones who are being exposed are the founders and zen buyers not the other players
    edited May 2013
    **** " had to rewritte the last part again... now it should be as it was b4
  • raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it should made clear why NW actions werent so bad...
    1st of all I would like to aknowledge the Founders and Zen buyers... we all should thank them... if it werent for them WE WOULD NOT HAVE THIS AWESOME GAME... they are the ones paying the bill.. most people dont wanna work for free and this is not charity... so thank you founders and zen buyers..

2nd I would like to make clear... ALMOST NO ONE... not even scammers and this game to blow up... we dont want a bad economy we want this game to endure and continue... founders and zen buyers even more... because they INVESTED REAL MONEY into this.. and they wanna have fun

3rd it is a fact that the economy is shaken because there are in fact many exploits and bugs being used... besides the AH one... and that PEOPLE STILL USE NOW.... to kill bosses with 1 hit or throwing mobs into pits, skipping dungeons completly going outside the map, and the ones that were fixed like the foundry glitch, boss respawn and so it goes on... and wipe DOES seem like a good call to restart fresh... and ensure the continuation of NW

On a side note... People who bought AD and ZEN from non-official sources... they are the ones who dont want wipe the most!! if there is a wipe... they wont be refunded.. nor compensated... just plain old LOSS!!!.. and if that happened.. that should teach you to stop relying on unreliable sources... ur the reason why gold farmers exist... and the reason some people were able to exploit and profit from this crisis

Now... THERE IS another reason... for why ZEN buyers and Founders want a wipe.... and its a big one. This game incetivates you into wasting your ZEN and AD in pointless craps... examples are:
    a- lottery trying to get good **** from nightmare coffers and getting enchantment <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    b- lottery trying to get good **** and getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of crafting packs...
    c- unbinding enchantments and rune
    d- respecting powers and feats
    e- speeding up pet training and crafting timers
    *** getting pointless useless itens that have no use whatsoever besides esthetical
    g- buying crappy gear that goes bind and u cant resell... because they ARE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and ur gonna get better stuff in no time
    h- buying overpriced <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and then seeing it drop in price in a matter of days
    i- buying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to try them out and regretting
    j- trying to fuse runes and then regretting when it goes bad
    h- wasting good consumables in pointless battles

because of that.. and many others reasons.. founders advantage and zen buyers advantage got chipped away little by little and wasted in most part in time... lots of decisons they regret... and if there was a wipe... they would recover in full power their advantage... being in itens or AD or ZEN... and would have a second chance of doing it the right way and maintaining that advantage for longer.

Dont get me wrong.. I do think they deserve that advantage... since they PAYED for it.. even if they wasted it... so a 2nd chance isnt that bad... and I do think that wipe is one of the ONLY ways to fix the economy and ensure a better future for NW... but I also think people should be made aware of this...

I still support the idea... I am a founder (though not HON) and I did purchase a large amount of ZEN... so I am one of those cases... some decisions you make seem like good ones back then... but when u look back u do regret them... wasting ZEN and AD is not fun and the economy/game is a bit screwed up... even before the AH <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... the market was already flooded with tier 1 and 2 gear because of those glitches

About the decison they made on the roll back... I did lose like 110k AD and an epic t2 ring... I was using... but hey... **** happens right? get ur head up and go on... and if the thank you gift they are planning is GOOD... hey.. its not so bad! so lets go on and play this awesome game

That's a whole lot of generalization and speculation. I don't think it's very accurate at all. Although I have as much evidence as you have to support how I feel about it. Which is 0.
    edited May 2013
    not saying thats the case for ALL zen buyers and Founders...
    just wanna make sure people can see from this spectrum as well
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rasmusep wrote: »
    Cool story bro

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaaha... funny.
  • stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Badly formatted post, didn't read

I didn't exploit and I don't want a wipe.
    Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
    Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
    Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
    Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
    edited May 2013
    that was a reply to the original post... and it was like I think... and thats it which got erase coz I used a "
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you. I thought about this last night, people complain about the hardcore mmo nerds who play all day and all night. How they always have the advantage because they don't have a job or other responsibilities. What a market does is allow working nerds to keep up with the rest without having to quit their jobs or responsibilities to play all the time.

I think it's a decent system. You can earn the items buy playing the game or you can buy (most) the items. Though, overall I prefer to just buy a game or subscribe to have access to all content. At the same time I can't complain, because I really feel like you can play this game, earn rewards to be able to progress without spending a dime.

(Keep in mind cryptic, it wouldn't hurt to lengthen the progression, if people want to pay to make it go faster fine, but the rest of us who enjoy playing the game wouldn't mind working a little hard at leveling rather than hit 4-6 levels a day easy.)
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    its called Delete | create new character lol

Also this doesn't apply, the reason for a wipe is because the game has endured massive exploits which radically changed the way the economy and game would have normally layed out. Honestly, if I would have known so many exploits would have been used I would have spent less cash knowning that I was getting ripped off because the economy no longer balances to what it should have.

A wipe would give everyone and everything a fresh start without all the AH and foundry exploits. Maybe we can even have our foundry rewards back!
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
    edited May 2013
    killz2many wrote: »
    I agree with you. I thought about this last night, people complain about the hardcore mmo nerds who play all day and all night. How they always have the advantage because they don't have a job or other responsibilities. What a market does is allow working nerds to keep up with the rest without having to quit their jobs or responsibilities to play all the time.

I think it's a decent system. You can earn the items buy playing the game or you can buy (most) the items. Though, overall I prefer to just buy a game or subscribe to have access to all content. At the same time I can't complain, because I really feel like you can play this game, earn rewards to be able to progress without spending a dime.

(Keep in mind cryptic, it wouldn't hurt to lengthen the progression, if people want to pay to make it go faster fine, but the rest of us who enjoy playing the game wouldn't mind working a little hard at leveling rather than hit 4-6 levels a day easy.)

I also agree with u... one can get lvl 60 in like 3-4 days in party... and I also figured what I wrote down after talking to a few other zen buyers and founders and thinking back on the reasons I wanted a wipe...
    I support it for the idea of getting rid of the glitches and exploits used (beside the AH one) but I also have feelings towards that other reason.. I heard ppl saying.. oh thanks god their gonna wipe.. I made some bad decisions on my zen... or.. I wasted all my founder AD on unbinding <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. and regret it...
  • machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to kill bosses with 1 hit or throwing mobs into pits

Whoa whoa, wait a second here.

Throwing mobs into pits is not an exploit. Cliffs, ledges and pits full of spikes are for throwing people into. If there weren't, why did god make them really high or full of spikes? :l
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whoa whoa, wait a second here.

Throwing mobs into pits is not an exploit. Cliffs, ledges and pits full of spikes are for throwing people into. If there weren't, why did god make them really high or full of spikes? :l

He might mean the 'clever use of game mechanics' to throw mobs over railings that prevent normal knockbacks. We'll see if that was intended or not.
    edited May 2013
    yeah thats what I meant... some things were intended.. some things were not...
    I'm talking about the were not ones...
    Including pulling bosses outside their rooms or tossing them into the pit (which should not be possible)
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Doesnt matter no wipes
  • cordain87cordain87 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I'm down for a full wipe. Not like it takes long to level up anyway. But if they do a full wipe, then it should be on release, with a big patch, classes fixed, new classes added and a whole lot of bug fixes. Also all Zen and AD should be refunded, and everyone who played in beta to be given some sort of reward for dealing with all the ****storms. If all this happened, despite the QQ from whiners, most people would still play. The problem is, even though I have (had?) high hopes for this game, I don't think the developers will manage to do the above.
    edited May 2013
    there improved the punctuation
    and I also support a full wipe, but people should be made aware that this is also a reason why we want it
    edited May 2013
    you re welcome