test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats the best Set For CW? PVE

kondesitokondesito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
The tittle says it all, Whats the best sets for CW, I have a full Magelord T2 but its a little disappointing..
Post edited by kondesito on

Comments

• shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How it is disappointing? Building it myself atm.
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!
  • kondesitokondesito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They only reduce my CD 0,2 secconds i was specting much more, his 4 pieces bonus, at least for me it is not profitable
  • boconbocon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What set you get is dependent on what you believe is the most important stat for you and your play style/Spec.

That being said, I like the Shadow Weaver set, since I like Crit first and Recovery second and my build revolves around Crit.
    Other people believe Recovery/Power is better and go with the Magelord Set.
  • kondesitokondesito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a renegade CW also i have the cat so i have enough critical, I'm more focused to know whats its the best 4 pieces bonus, or whether it is better get 2 diferent pieces bonus
  • boconbocon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Curious as to what you think "enough critical" is. The best 4 piece is dependent on if you want to help your group out or not. The Shadow Weaver set will give your party over 200 life steal and 10% Critical Severity. If you don't give a **** about anyone else and want the 900 recovery, than that's fine too. I don't have any issues with chain casting Singularity, so extra recovery does nothing for me. The only reason to wear 2, 2 piece, is to inflate your gear score with the bonuses.
  • poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    A lot straight up don't do anything, like t1 and pvp..I don't have any others so I can test them, but you see no change in tooltip or actual cooldown.
  • czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    Recovery is borked to hell and back again, don't stack it, it's useless.

Naked (25% cooldown red from stats): 14.7 CD
    Full gear (49.7% cooldown red from stats): 12.7 CD

Go crit.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • twisterdennytwisterdenny Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Go crit.

Regards,
    Kalantris

Recovery is useless ? U make my day.. I got 6k Recovery 4k Power and 1.3k Crit, recovery is the most usefull Stat u can stack :), if u had done some Theocrafting u wouldn
    edited May 2013
    Recovery is useless ? U make my day.. I got 6k Recovery 4k Power and 1.3k Crit, recovery is the most usefull Stat u can stack :), if u had done some Theocrafting u wouldn

I just gave you the details above. Stacking recovery SKY HIGH and getting a 25% CD decrease gave me 2s out of 14.7. 2/14.7 = 0.136. This means that recovery gives you 1/2 of what it should. The rest disappears somewhere. Probably in the ZEN Store commercials in every **** window you open ;).

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • twisterdennytwisterdenny Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    U can stack recovery over 7k and the diminishing returns is still better than get 2.5-3k crit or power
    edited May 2013
    U can stack recovery over 7k and the diminishing returns is still better than get 2.5-3k crit or power

No, no, no, no, no. Diminishing returns is another problem, which is, as you said, not a problem. The problem is that the stat doesn't Work as Intended (TM). It does around 50% of what it says it does in your character panel. That's the problem. Stacking as much recovery as I have should lower my CD by ~25% (that's what my character sheet says), but it doesn't. It only lowers my CD by 13.6%.

Best regards,
    Kalantris
  • uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets not forget the looks! have you guys some screens of chars with full sets? all three, vizier, shadow-weaver and magelord.

there is also a nice spread sheet for comparing stats directly:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkxOntmLLuyxdG5RUzBQRUNBVmhlY0MtVXdGRFFjS0E&usp=sharing
    edited May 2013
    btw what defensive enchants are you guys going for?
  • tresdyntresdyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Shadow Weaver's Set is the best CW set by FAR. It stacks you and your party's Crit Severity well over 50% extra. I am pretty sure this is bugged as the tool tip says 10% total, but I have screen shots with my and my party's crit over 150%.
  • violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gonna have to go with Shadow Weaver's. Magelord's 4p bonus is just awful - only works on enemies above 75% and my Recovery is already at 3k making the bonus extremely diminished. Even if it was just a passive 900 recovery, it would only be worth 3-4% CDR.

Shadow Weaver's gives critical severity, and to the entire party. With an average crit rate >50% (using Eye of the Storm), 10% crit severity gives me alone over a 5% damage boost making it superior for DPS. Then of course factor in the other party members and it's not even close.

High Vizier is interesting, but I'm not sure how the set bonus actually functions. I've also never seen a piece of this gear drop anywhere or been in any run where someone got this. I've seen it all over the AH though for a lot cheaper than Magelord's and Shadow Weaver's for some reason.

P.S. I'm aware there is a High Vizier's set of the Drake, but those have no set bonuses. Don't confuse the 2 please :)
  • delerpdelerp Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Shadow weaver is best as long as it's bugged, it gives +15% crit severity per mob, so it stacks up to 100+% in aoe packs.
    edited May 2013
    delerp wrote: »
    Shadow weaver is best as long as it's bugged, it gives +15% crit severity per mob, so it stacks up to 100+% in aoe packs.

Even without the bug it's still the best, unless one of the T1 4p bonuses are just a lot more powerful than I realize.
    edited May 2013
    well High Vizier steals defense from enemies which is also beneficial to the party, its overall tankier than the other sets. Hmm hard to pick a favorite. Maybe higher tier dungeons, say CN, would make Vizier pretty strong since it grants so much defenses. And as CW we get to control the battle a bit safer.
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have 4 pc shadow weaver and 4 pc magelord, the Shadow Weaver is just miles better. You want to stack recovery, even while DRing above 3k it still gives you more than power or crit. Crit is going to be better than power when using the shadow weaver set, just read the four piece, it's pretty self explanatory.
  • diansiuttidiansiutti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im currently using 2 vizier + 2 magelord... i got all 4 pieces of all t2 sets.

Im stacking recovery and seconds comes power, atm is something like 5k recovery/4.5k power/ 1.2k crit
    I use 2/2 set just because of the bonus stats, and i stack recovery because its just better than power/crit on high end ( my opinion, and spreadsheet )

There are anyone who use 4 piece shadow and stack recovery? Would be better than what i running now?

Ty
  • m0ltres23m0ltres23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh guys i was going High Vizier's but now i wanna go Shadows T_T
    edited May 2013
    don't be afraid of going for High Vizier, it is strong. I am not sure if its not a better option for harder dungeons.
    edited May 2013
    The individual pieces of all 3 sets have the exact same Recovery on them. High Vizier grants an additional 450 for wearing 2 pieces while Magelord gives a 900 recovery bonus when you attack enemies above 75% hp.

The tradeoff is well worth it. Switching from High Vizier to Shadow Weavers you lose 450 Recovery and 697 power but gain 1721 Crit. Switching from Magelord to Shadow Weavers you lose 1147 power and gain 1721 Crit. You'd have to value Crit at less than 2/3s the value of Power and/or Recovery to make the other sets worthwhile from a stats perspective.

We've already been over why Shadow Weaver's set is so good and why Magelord is so bad. High Vizier's is a little different to judge, but one thing to consider is if you are planning to grab it for tanky purposes, recognize that both other sets have more than twice the base defense (1095 vs 521) already. If the stolen defense doesn't stack, then it's actually a downgrade.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Go crit.

Regards,
    Kalantris

Thats strange. Krip did a whole take on how recovery has the least decreasing returns followed by power and then crit.
  • sphinx963sphinx963 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That doesn t change the fact that recovery give you half of the bonus it should give you.
    So untill they doesn t fix it there is no more question , GO crit.

There is still another question tho, crit over power or power over crit. In my opinion you need an amount of stat for the crit that going further is useless, sadly I can't find it because it would be too expensive for me.
    Does anyone know what is the average of crit I should reach ?
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it because of Cryptic math on recovery? Just like with professions, a 100% speed bonus cuts the time by 50%. So a 100% recovery bonus would decrease times by 50%. I think it's because 100% is twice as fast, so you're getting twice the actions in as someone with a 0% bonus.

So 20% recovery is equal to a 10% reduction in recharge speed. Maybe?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • diansiuttidiansiutti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So whats the best stats for now going with 4 shadow weaver??

Crit or Recovery, and whats is the soft cap of each stats?

i rerolles for recovery and using shadowweaver..

Atm: 3200 power 3100 crit 4500recovery
    edited May 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Is it because of Cryptic math on recovery? Just like with professions, a 100% speed bonus cuts the time by 50%. So a 100% recovery bonus would decrease times by 50%. I think it's because 100% is twice as fast, so you're getting twice the actions in as someone with a 0% bonus.

So 20% recovery is equal to a 10% reduction in recharge speed. Maybe?

You're a freaking genius. I think you're 100% correct. This cuts the bonus from recovery by half however making it useless.

Go crit! :)

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • realskaavrealskaav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if Shadowweaver is broken its probably the best 4p, but crit is just awful as a stat itself aswell as a stat for mages...

Softcap is 2k, and everybody should use Eye of the Storm which will render crit useless for at least 30% of time in fights.
    If Recovery is as broken as u say, though it certainly doesnt feel that way, I still prefer it over Crit because of the bonus AS it also gives you.

Currently 3/4 High Vizier, the 4p flat defense debuff should do intresting stuff with mobs that have their mitigation reduced by 100% :)
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just got my 4/4 SHadow weaver today on large pack fights the buff stacks!! its 10% per mob! I got our groups rogue to 300% crit sev, 20 stacks of the buff.. yea winner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2