test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Situation Not Averted

scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Rollback hurts. No more money from me. This is NOT how you solve a problem. HotN package gave me 5 days early access to the release of the game. They took more of my money from the zen store. I busted my hump: In real life, I gave them money. In game, I spent real time. Now you're telling me I can't get either of these back?

"We assure you, no rollbacks" Unless we can profit(implied). Quack quack. "open beta" but we will take your real money and do a rollback. Quack quack. We will compensate you with something in your mailbox. Why don't they disclose what they will compensate us with? Oh, just what I wanted, another party popper. Quack quack. Ask yourself why will it be nothing of value? Appeasement. Oh my God it IS a duck!

I will continue to play the game, but not another dime. It looks like a duck and sounds like a duck. I will wait for a gaming company with a better reputation to come out for my next addiction. Too bad really. There were lots of things I liked about this game.

This game, at this rate, will never get out of "open beta"

Oh, and happy quack quack to all when the servers open.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure they never said anything about no rollbacks, they said there would be no more character wipes.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are already open. And LOTS of MMOs have rollbacks, even after full release. If you don't want to ever have a rollback, I suggest playing non-MMOs.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rollback hurts. No more money from me. This is NOT how you solve a problem. HotN package gave me 5 days early access to the release of the game. They took more of my money from the zen store. I busted my hump: In real life, I gave them money. In game, I spent real time. Now you're telling me I can't get either of these back?

"We assure you, no rollbacks" Unless we can profit(implied). Quack quack. "open beta" but we will take your real money and do a rollback. Quack quack. We will compensate you with something in your mailbox. Why don't they disclose what they will compensate us with? Oh, just what I wanted, another party popper. Quack quack. Ask yourself why will it be nothing of value? Appeasement. Oh my God it IS a duck!

I will continue to play the game, but not another dime. It looks like a duck and sounds like a duck. I will wait for a gaming company with a better reputation to come out for my next addiction. Too bad really. There were lots of things I liked about this game.

This game, at this rate, will never get out of "open beta"

Oh, and happy quack quack to all when the servers open.

Too much exploited astral diamonds were in the auction house due to the exploit and in the market. A roll back was absolutely necessary just be glad the drama queens didn't get their way.
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "We assure you, no rollbacks"
    Where did they say this?

I've seen a couple of posts claiming this but haven't been able to track down where Cryptic actually made this statement.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Too much exploited astral diamonds were in the auction house due to the exploit and in the market. A roll back was absolutely necessary just be glad the drama queens didn't get their way.

Yep. Unfortunate, but yep.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they never said anything about no rollbacks, they said there would be no more character wipes.

Which is silly because this situation would be served 100x better by a full wipe, given that this has been going on since the word "go".
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »
    Which is silly because this situation would be served 100x better by a full wipe, given that this has been going on since the word "go".

There will be no wipes during or after open beta.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    There will be no wipes during or after open beta.

Yes, we're well aware that PWE is really dumb with their handling of this situation.
  • Options
    ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »
    Yes, we're well aware that PWE is really dumb with their handling of this situation.

It may have been going on, that does not mean it was widespread or severely damaging the economy. The only reason a wipe could possibly be damaged is if the economy is in ruins. Well, before today, was the economy bearable or not?

I think we should all opt for not erasing the millions of hours of work poured into the characters of thousands of players. That's a knee-jerk reaction, and a potentially devastating one at that.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    duck-says-quack-quack_coloring_page_jpg_468x609_q85.jpg
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wee, another alleged HotN poster without the tag who will not spend any more money. :p

Personally, as someone who put down hundreds for the game, I'm satisfied with how they handled this and feel that the rollback was justified and needed. Had they not done it, I would have considered asking for a refund because the economy would have been shot. They did the right thing and will continue to get my business.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It may have been going on, that does not mean it was widespread or severely damaging the economy. The only reason a wipe could possibly be damaged is if the economy is in ruins. Well, before today, was the economy bearable or not?

I think we should all opt for not erasing the millions of hours of work poured into the characters of thousands of players. That's a knee-jerk reaction, and a potentially devastating one at that.
    imivo wrote: »
    Wee, another alleged HotN poster without the tag who will not spend any more money. :p

Personally, as someone who put down hundreds for the game, I'm satisfied with how they handled this and feel that the rollback was justified and needed. Had they not done it, I would have considered asking for a refund because the economy would have been shot. They did the right thing and will continue to get my business.

I started a Thank You thread for this.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    bendouverbendouver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ehh.. the economy IS in ruins since you see screenshots of people having 72 million! AD in there bags. Server wipe = GO!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bendouver wrote: »
    Server wipe = GO!

There will be no wipes during or after closed beta.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ehh.. the economy IS in ruins since you see screenshots of people having 72 million! AD in there bags. Server wipe = GO!

That means one person has benefited by an exploit, that doesn't mean the whole economy is in ruins. You don't destroy the work of thousands of people to try to spite a few exploiters.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Screenshots are just a tiny step above making random claims. The evidence will be the AD/Zen exchange rate when it comes back up. People can claim all sorts of stuff and you can't verify it (when the screenshot was taken, whether it was photoshopped, etc.). The only thing that matters is the exchange and the AH prices.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    btheorybtheory Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think all of you kiddos who think "this was the wrong way to fix it" need to go ahead and find the better way yourselves. I'm sure if you could have offered the real solution you're so sure is there, they would have implemented it in a heartbeat rather than rollback half a day's worth of exploited time.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tell us how you would have fixed the problem.
    They promised no wiping. A roll-back isn't a wipe.