test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celestial coins set to 0. Great job Cryptic.

2»

Comments

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    are people really that butthurt about celestial coins?

It's a professions and an enchantment pack at 5 and 7 coins.

I have a funny feeling you'll live.

Yeah, seriously.
  • azuregateazuregate Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My lvl 60's coins are fine since I was actively playing and invoking for the weekend, my alts who I only logged into once a day to invoke have had their celestials set to 0 though, heh.
  • irtuirtu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I got the same problems all my Celestial coins on all my Toons are gone and Yes i would like to have them back
    its called good costumer relations. what else are they going to do and no this is not acceptable that we loose out because they add a AH/AD bug problem.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just checked, my coins are zeroed. Guess I hadn't done my latest invoke close enough to whichever time the rollback was.

Personally, I'm going to look at the silver lining - I had six alts, all at different points in the 7-day cycle. Now they'll all be synced. ;)
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's really not all that big of a deal. The fact that they are zeroed out if not logging in is more the problem than the rollback, or server downtime. After all, extensive server downtime can't be predicted.

What they should do instead is cap the Celestial Coins at 7, and not raise them beyond that, despite how many times a person prays, and also not delete them if someone fails to pray within the time window. That way server downtimes, or going on vacation and such, will have no affect on anyone's progress in working their way up to 7 coins, and the 7 coin maximum will remain in place.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    It's really not all that big of a deal. The fact that they are zeroed out if not logging in is more the problem than the rollback, or server downtime. After all, extensive server downtime can't be predicted.

What they should do instead is cap the Celestial Coins at 7, and not raise them beyond that, despite how many times a person prays, and also not delete them if someone fails to pray within the time window. That way server downtimes, or going on vacation and such, will have no affect on anyone's progress in working their way up to 7 coins, and the 7 coin maximum will remain in place.

Ardent Coins is for daily invocation. Celestial coins is for consecutive daily invocation. What you are suggesting, is the entire mechanic for Ardent Coins.
  • cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you sure that they were not 0 at the time of the 7 hour rollback? I just logged my 3 characters who were last on at a point probably an hour or two before the point of the rollback and I have all my coins on all my toons.

I appreciate you say that you had 6. Are you sure it was not 7 and they simply were lost at the end of the day ( you can't have more than 7 before they are removed )

Mine were not at 0. they were at 4.
    They should have been at 4 before the roll back and should stil be at 4 (should reset soon if not renewed).

However now they are at 0.

Feeling a bit pissed right now.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you sure that they were not 0 at the time of the 7 hour rollback? I just logged my 3 characters who were last on at a point probably an hour or two before the point of the rollback and I have all my coins on all my toons.

I appreciate you say that you had 6. Are you sure it was not 7 and they simply were lost at the end of the day ( you can't have more than 7 before they are removed )
    Just to note that you do NOT lose your coin if you invoked while you already had 7. You just remain at 7.

I still think a fail-safe solution is to give everyone Celestial Coin rewards.
  • errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    are people really that butthurt about celestial coins?

It's a professions and an enchantment pack at 5 and 7 coins.

I have a funny feeling you'll live.

The only other way to get the ward from the 7 coin chest is to pay 1000 zen iirc
  • kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only other way to get the ward from the 7 coin chest is to pay 1000 zen iirc

Ah, but PWE would do nothing so manipulative and pay to win as requiring $10 wards for best-in-slot enchantments, would they?
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • drexl420drexl420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP spent $800 on this game.

$800.

800 bucks.

EIGHT. HUNDRED. DOLLARS.

ON A FREE TO PLAY GAME.

BWAHAHAHA.
  • cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Simplest solution is to just give everyone the celestial coin rewards as part of the thank you package.

No it's not. Some people still have their coins. They will receive their coin spendings, then 7 coins for the thank you package. I know I'm being greedy and selfish but it's bull.