test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celestial coins set to 0. Great job Cryptic.

lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just making this post so there is evidence of my 6 coins disappearing as well. We are trying to get a refund for our $800 and every piece of evidence matters.

Thank you Cryptic for the incompetence of not resetting the coin counter. Good job once again.
Post edited by lexthegreat on

Comments

• lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Assuming they aren't going to give us the rewards anyway as part of their sorry package.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Look at my sig :)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are people really that butthurt about celestial coins?

It's a professions and an enchantment pack at 5 and 7 coins.

I have a funny feeling you'll live.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you sure that they were not 0 at the time of the 7 hour rollback? I just logged my 3 characters who were last on at a point probably an hour or two before the point of the rollback and I have all my coins on all my toons.

I appreciate you say that you had 6. Are you sure it was not 7 and they simply were lost at the end of the day ( you can't have more than 7 before they are removed )
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lost the 88k AD boots I brought on AH and no refund of AD. Cannot access AD Exchange to see if it has gone there or if any of my other AD is there.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Look at my sig :)

Question, why are you in every post that is complaining about this game? Why are you bothering yourself with playing it if you hate it so much?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you sure that they were not 0 at the time of the 7 hour rollback? I just logged my 3 characters who were last on at a point probably an hour or two before the point of the rollback and I have all my coins on all my toons.

I appreciate you say that you had 6. Are you sure it was not 7 and they simply were lost at the end of the day ( you can't have more than 7 before they are removed )

No, they were fine. I make sure to log on and pray to make sure this does not happen.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Question, why are you in every post that is complaining about this game? Why are you bothering yourself with playing it if you hate it so much?
    Yes I am... and no I don't hate the game.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • ricjuhricjuh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Had 7 when I logged in yesterday, spent them on the coffer. Got a blue ward out of it... Blue ward not in bag.. Coffer not in bag.. Celestial Coins at 0.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just making this post so there is evidence of my 6 coins disappearing as well. We are trying to get a refund for our $800 and every piece of evidence matters.

Thank you Cryptic for the incompetence of not resetting the coin counter. Good job once again.

Had this happen on one of my characters as well.

Had a bet with myself, that when they did the rollback they would screw up the clock issues.
  • goneinsanenzgoneinsanenz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i know the feeling my 4 toons where at 6 coins, now they are at 0, if they had wiped everyone starts out even, now some get punished more than others, just as well life isn't meant to be fair. another week to get a shot at a coalescent rune or 1000 zen if I want one now.
  • cruhzcruhz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe it's just bad timing, but i lost coins too on all my characters. 6 + 4 + 4 + 3.
    Not such a big deal but still annoying.
    My grammar suck? I'm only italian, sorry. :cool:
  • aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    are people really that butthurt about celestial coins?

It's a professions and an enchantment pack at 5 and 7 coins.

I have a funny feeling you'll live.

I knew there'd be the obligatory brainwashed fanboi in this thread.
    edited May 2013
    ricjuh wrote: »
    Had 7 when I logged in yesterday, spent them on the coffer. Got a blue ward out of it... Blue ward not in bag.. Coffer not in bag.. Celestial Coins at 0.

I don't doubt anyone but it does seem strange. I definitely have 3 coins on 3 toons having spent them a few days ago at the same time on all.
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Q: Celestial Coins were lost as a result of the downtime? What will be done about this?

A: We understand that this is a concern and we are aware of the feedback. Though we may not be able to provide replacement Celestial coins, we are certainly looking into it. As we cannot guarantee replacements, we are ensuring we shortly deliver a robust thank-you pack.

They know.
  • biggiehugebiggiehuge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ricjuh wrote: »
    Down with this guy, I got 7 as well and got that blue warding thingy out of the coffer, now I have 0 coins and ward is gone as well. As Borat would put it "great success"

Edit: No worries guys, some fireworks will be donated for everyone so we can celebrate great success of Neverwinter! Best MMO 2013!
  • rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Read the ToS. You are not getting your money back, unless you can get your Bank/CC company to callback the money.
    edited May 2013
    aevlom wrote: »
    I knew there'd be the obligatory brainwashed fanboi in this thread.

I've no time for the brainwashed either but he does have a point. They are not worth much. The principle matters though. nobody should lose anything because of the incompetence of cryptic to notice a long-standing bug that people have been making huge amounts of money from. Real world money. I mean, how easy is it for them to flag an account that has more than 100M AD in the bank? It should not be possible to have so much so just having it flag up for a human to look at would have suggested that investigation of that person's logs would be an idea.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • meredia35meredia35 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Came back to 6 tokens, got my seventh and a cruddy coffer. I'm hoping for another rollback to 30 minutes so I can try again.
  • antonn13antonn13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like that I not only lost the Coalescent Ward I got yesterday but also the week's worth of Celestial coins used on the chest. So who wants my stuff? Never even going to bother trying another Cryptic or PWE product again.
    edited May 2013
    Simplest solution is to just give everyone the celestial coin rewards as part of the thank you package.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The coins may in fact be the key to this whole thing..........Thank you for this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • lmn1182lmn1182 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All coins accounted for here, nothing missing from any characters even the mail is correct which was a worry.
    edited May 2013
    The coins are missing not because of rollback, but from the exceedingly long downtime, I would assume.
  • fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah my coin count on my alt got reset to 0. Guessing that the 24 hour clock expired between when I actually did the prayer and the resulting rollback. Thanks dip****s.
  • powamothapowamotha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

after spending 800$ you care about the useless celestial coins? :confused:
  • lmn1182lmn1182 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    The coins are missing not because of rollback, but from the exceedingly long downtime, I would assume.

I was under the impression the time between prayers was 24 plus hours? I just did an invocation and it says 1 day 5 hours. DT was around 9 hours.
  • bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I still had my 2.
    edited May 2013
    lmn1182 wrote: »
    I was under the impression the time between prayers was 24 plus hours? I just did an invocation and it says 1 day 5 hours. DT was around 9 hours.

Yes, but people have schedules. A long downtime could easily deprive people of playing for a day, hence losing the coin bonus.

I still say the easiest solution to resolving the losing of coins is simply to give everyone Celestial coin rewards.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, they were fine. I make sure to log on and pray to make sure this does not happen.

My coins were fine.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.