test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What other good MMOs out there right now?

13»

Comments

• Options
    clanrakkaclanrakka Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot

Once upon a time I would have agreed but ever since they abandoned the PvE aspect and the game dwindled to 1 small server it's no longer enjoyable.
  • Options
    diorieldioriel Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still think EQ2 is the best MMO out there. the depth of the game is fantastic, especially if you like crafting that matters in every aspect of the game, housing, and end game PvE.
    Leader of Conviction: find me in game if you're looking for a friendly guild!

Looking for reviews (will trade)!
    Arachnophobia
    Code: NW-DMRQYIZQT
    For all the spider-haters out there :p
  • Options
    d33jd33j Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    I will probably play TESO unless the plan is good.

TESO your wasting your time playing it tbh. Seen the gameplay on it? Pretty much skyrim bro only difference is your playing it with friends really. Watch gameplay videos. Not worth the subscription nor hours of life. Sorry to break it to you but its true. You will probally hate reading this and so would other people. As to repeat myself. The game is pretty much skyrim as a MMO nothing new there besides playing with friends *shrug*.
  • Options
    daftravedaftrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guild Wars 2..
  • Options
    biggigbegbiggigbeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valvexen wrote: »
    If neverwinter is the best, whats the worse? Cant get much worse than this game atm.
    The worst for me was a game called Hellgate Global a free to play fps mmo. It was pay to win via purchasing tickets for pve content then selling on the AH, alot like other games pay to win. Aria games have a lot of pay to win titles, Eden eternal was ptw. Then Runes of Magic, old game was total pay to win at high levels. but hellgate global was buggy as **** too. lol.
  • Options
    shining2112shining2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play Vindictus and Mabinogi too.. I like both and they are very different from eachother. But don't give up on this one yet lol. Tomorrow is a new day and it might just... be ok ... wiggles eyebrows
  • Options
    ziron2000ziron2000 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only other 2 MMO's I would even slightly consider IMO is Phantasy Star Online 2 & Blade & Soul both of which I have already played but I would love the see the international English versions come out. I have already played everything else that people are mentioning on these forums from what I've been reading....and they are FAR from new MMO's...
  • Options
    ziron2000ziron2000 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Path of exile knows how to hit the G-Spot
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Tera is amazing once you get past the cutesy elements. You can play the starter zone while the rest loads as well. Definitely worth an afternoons look, and if you're serious about action combat it's probably the best IMO. The F2P isn't even half as intrusive as it is in Neverwinter either.

Honestly, that's probably the only F2P title I'd bother recommending at this point. Too many of the one's I would have recommended having dying communities of ultra-rich soloists.
    d33j wrote: »
    TESO your wasting your time playing it tbh. Seen the gameplay on it? Pretty much skyrim bro only difference is your playing it with friends really. Watch gameplay videos. Not worth the subscription nor hours of life. Sorry to break it to you but its true. You will probally hate reading this and so would other people. As to repeat myself. The game is pretty much skyrim as a MMO nothing new there besides playing with friends *shrug*.

Oh thank God! That's exactly what I've wanted since Skyrim came out. Speaking of which, since you no doubt have a few moments...

http://forums.skyrim-online.com/index.php
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    harepsarepharepsarep Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    All I will say is this.... no matter what game you do and do not choose to play (and let me say, this one is a darn good game, sure a hiccup here and there but...) .... Anyway though, whatever you play NEVER, NEVER, NEVER play ANY game hosted by AeriaGames!!! EVER!!! If you think PWE is "money grubbing" as I have seen said in this thread, let me tell you "they ain't got NOTHING, on AGE" ....... EVERYTHING you need to compete in PvP is cash shop.... you want to upgrade your weapon by putting a lapis with powers in it? Go buy a linking hammer that is ONLY available with $$$$ OR pay HUGE amounts of "in game" currency to buy one from the CS'rs that know they have you by the "short and curlies" .... I spent 4yrs there @ Shaiya, and I tried to play Scarlet Blade but that game didn't even make it out of beta hardly before the cash shop screwed the economy and AGE helped it......

TL : DR -- My Point is two-fold.... NEVER play a game hosted by AeriaGames.... and the grass is NOT greener on the other side... give PWE a min. to sort this out, They may not be "perfect", but they ARE better then a LOT of others..

Yeah...Shaiya was minor P2W...until the armor and weapon enchants, then it became nothing but P2W. Played from 2007-2010 (still play privys on occasion, but since Evolution died... </sniff> )

I love how people call this game Pay2Win. Until you see people dropping $10/3 hrs of pvp, $3000 for a suit of armor (yes, it happened - not me!), $3.00 per rune to keep you from getting deleted (they did have 3hr, 7day and 30day versions), plus the mentioned hammers...and the charms to keep your gear from breaking while adding lapis (like the enchants here)...you have no idea what P2W really is.
  • Options
    luc2kluc2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of all the games mentioned here, which is the most similar to NW on combat?
  • Options
    rukia541rukia541 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    regnorvex wrote: »
    I might go back to Path of Exile. Not an MMO, but the best Action RPG since D2. Maybe even better. But I'd rather be MMO'ing. None of the titles mentioned so far are very appealing, I took a look at Wushu, and that has some potential, but my wife doesn't like non-consensual PvP and I want something we can play together. I hear GW2 has added a lot of new content since we left to play PoE, maybe I'll check that out again. It wasn't bad, tho it was yet another P2W.

GW2 is not pay to win, period. You would have to spend like 3 grand to buy a legendary with cash to gem rates and even those are just skins, so tell me how is that P2W? I don't even like GW2, horrible sequel to 1 but I will at least defend this part of it. Best cash shop I've ever seen no doubt.
  • Options
    sydanyosydanyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d33j wrote: »

Isn't that the whole point, bro?
  • Options
    soppiannasoppianna Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw Ragnarok online and giggled..then saw the two. sorry.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    luc2k wrote: »
    Of all the games mentioned here, which is the most similar to NW on combat?

Tera is pretty close. It's the game Neverwinter ripped off most of their combat system from. They just removed the ability to chain attacks and cut the amount of attacks by 2/3's.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    pyronellapyronella Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TESO with the combat system of dark souls :O would be awesome.
    sorry to say but i could never finish a elder scroll's game cause of the combat
    just didnt like it :s
  • Options
    dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by d33j View Post

Umm did i miss something, where do I sign up for skyrim online? its not going to be, they already said that, but if it was I'd say
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dystarr wrote: »
    Originally Posted by d33j View Post

Umm did i miss something, where do I sign up for skyrim online? its not going to be, they already said that, but if it was I'd say
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Yeah, I'm actually a little pissed that they aren't going to explore the whole 'skyrim coop' avenue. I'd love a game like skyrim that I could play with my girlfriend. But nooo, we need separate save games >.<

No company seems willing to try that, and it's really f'ing annoying.

It's like co-op died and was replaced by the death of gaming. (MMO's)

The idea that I don't know at least one person that would play with me in real life is absurd. (Though you can think otherwise.)

Maybe they just don't know how to monetize selling one less copy of the game.
  • Options
    weisskreuz421weisskreuz421 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warframe. Client-side 64 bit 4 man co-op shooter. It's epic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Warframe. Client-side 64 bit 4 man co-op shooter. It's epic.

Played it, beat it, quit it.

Seriously like zero content there. Maybe it's become better in the last month or so. It looked promising, but no where near done.
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm ...

Path off exile or DDO.

Gonna watch some episodes off vikings, because no > DEV post off " the plan " (TM)
    And rotten twitter keep saying:
    Soon (TM)

Both are worthless, so i will leave and do some else.
    Even if i am tempted to make a tidal-wave off spams to show my irritation off no dev post noncense.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    zentrasizentrasi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Marvel Heroes, a Diablo style MMO, goes live on June 4th.

I'm Currently in the Closed Beta and having a blast! It's F2P model is also very generous with no real restrictions on anything.

https://marvelheroes.com/
  • Options
    statx805statx805 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bros,

What about everquest next? Reveal is in August.. hopefully that will be the next game for me. I'm yet to find a game that immersed me like Everquest did (the original, didn't play eq2)
  • Options
    digitalprowlerdigitalprowler Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    statx805 wrote: »
    Bros,

What about everquest next? Reveal is in August.. hopefully that will be the next game for me. I'm yet to find a game that immersed me like Everquest did (the original, didn't play eq2)

last i seen they said the dirty word all other developers pretty much keep swept under the rug and hide as well as possible.

they wanted a more casual experience with....casual casual casual....the masses are dragging game development through the mud. i mean its good business to sell as much as you can to as many as you can, but pride in people's craft seems to be long gone.
  • Options
    treepeopletreepeople Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2013
    regnorvex wrote: »
    I'm sure they will post their plan soon and then the servers will be down the rest of the night while they work on the plan. Meanwhile, I'm jones'ing for another MMO to play. I can't imagine trying to craft or buy anything in the current economic meltdown, and it doesn't look like they are wiping the servers clean, so it's hard to get excited about playing again. Elders Scrolls Online is off in the distance, and I've played GW2 all I want. Anything else out there look good?

Definition Is needed here mate, good as in what?

Paid in advance or well that this is.....